Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head up Michelle. I hit my first big rough patch not long after starting with Alex, felt like nothing was going my way.There were times were I felt like quitting, thought sure, those "other" guys can crush it but not me. You know though, I bounced back and in a great way, you can too.

It's the Heroes journey, you're presented with an opportunity of a lifetime and along the way you hit speed bumps and obstacles. You can overcome them, believe in yourself and keep going! You will get out of this what you put in. Work hard, believe & succeed.

To quote Knish from Rounders "You'll be back before you know it"

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Gl to you both
    Last edited by BrianByrne; 04-11-11, 05:24.
    Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Bump! Are you guys still trying this or has it peetered out?
      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Just read the thread from start to finish today... you are mighty woman! No wonder your live game has improved big time recently.

Sounds like you were winging it MSN, hope you didn't let a couple bad days affect you?

Comment

I will do a write up later, need to talk to daragh first !
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

As you have probably guessed, this has come to an end. I got an email from Michelle a few days ago saying she was no longer interested in continuing.

It started very well, but it quickly became apparent that she didn't suit this project. Put simply, to be good at poker you have to spend long periods playing poker, and concentrating on every detail. To do this you have to really be interested in the mechanics of the game. Most people aren't, and to be honest who can blame them? I sometimes wonder what I would be doing now had I never learnt the game.

I blame myself, I choose Michelle because she would be the most interesting challenge. I thought it would intriguing to take an absolute beginner and get them playing the type of sophisticated poker I believe in. As I said in the OP, I'm not psychologist; I should have chosen someone more suited to the task. I.E. a nerd like me!

Comment

I was surprised at your selection at the time.

Im sure plenty of people applied who would have made something of the opportunity to get free coaching off a good player.

It does take a certain type of person to grind out hands every day like a robot whether you are winning or losing though and having a job or family commitments doesnt help.
              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
              I like this heat - some proper music innit.
              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                As you have probably guessed, this has come to an end. I got an email from Michelle a few days ago saying she was no longer interested in continuing.

It started very well, but it quickly became apparent that she didn't suit this project. Put simply, to be good at poker you have to spend long periods playing poker, and concentrating on every detail. To do this you have to really be interested in the mechanics of the game. Most people aren't, and to be honest who can blame them? I sometimes wonder what I would be doing now had I never learnt the game.

I blame myself, I choose Michelle because she would be the most interesting challenge. I thought it would intriguing to take an absolute beginner and get them playing the type of sophisticated poker I believe in. As I said in the OP, I'm not psychologist; I should have chosen someone more suited to the task. I.E. a nerd like me!
                In fairness Daragh, I dont think Psychology should come in to play here, it makes me look like I had life problems and thats why I stopped, which we both know thats not the reason.

I dont think you should call yourself a nerd either , you originally looked for a total beginner in "online cash games" and unfortunatly it didnt work out, as I stressed in my email I found it very hard and very repetitive .

some might say "what a feckin idiot, throwing away a chance like that", but sitting down grinding 1,2c games is very very hard, and I know yeah you eventually move up in stakes but as I did it got even harder and when I lost 80 quid over a few days it really got me down and the thoughts of trying to recoup that was even harder as it takes a long long time at those stakes to recoup!

I did apologise and told you the truth and that I felt really bad not only for you but also for Noel, I did try and did chat to a friend who im sure can vouch for me about how worried I was and that i was not happy, I had never really played online cash before that and it is a tough game imo.

You are a fantastic teacher and explained everything so well and I have learned loads throughout and believe me I do appreciate it.

I am being totally honest in my post, I really found the grinding aspect of it hard never managing more than 3 hour bursts.

As I said before I apologise and do feel bad, but I did try, just wasnt for me.

There is roughly 200 dollars in the account that I need to get back to Noel at least he is not at a total loss, I will sort that out with him.
                Her sky-ness
                © 5starpool

Comment

Its a pity. It was always going to be tough but Im suprised It fizzled out like it did.

Comment

its tough to see such a great opportunity to learn from one of irelands best players wasted for lack of better term

Comment

Its simple grinding 9 tables or whatever is not for everyone.
                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                        its tough to see such a great opportunity to learn from one of irelands best players wasted for lack of better term
                        Typical post from you Tony, it most certainly wasnt wasted from my point of view as I learned alot from the experience.
                        Her sky-ness
                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                          Typical post from you Tony, it most certainly wasnt wasted from my point of view as I learned alot from the experience.
                          you quit after 1 miniscule downswing!!! all im saying is a lot of good hardworking players missed the chance you got

Comment

I enjoyed following this and I think he both people got what they wanted out of this, MSN has improved her game and the staker (cant remember the name without looking back at it) got to mentor someone. And I am sure it was good for him to see where he needs to teach people different aspects of the game.

Am sure in time he may want to try this again, thank you to both of you for an entertaining thread to follow while it lasted

Comment

Fair play Michelle, it took guts to admit this was not for you... But you had to give it a go to realise this for yourself.

I don't think online grinding is ever going to suit anyone rearing children, students with demanding course loads or anyone with responsibilities like caring for someone or working full-time...

I wouldn't be so hasty in criticising Michelle either: she's currently unemployed, doing part-time course, husband away working abroad, children in school... She's got the knowledge, the ability, and the stamina for this so naturally she (and BCB and HJ too) considers this challenge doable. But it was bigger than she expected: required a LOT of devotion, time and patience... and real life starts to slip in the way.

It happens.

I assume HJ doesn't have a mortgage, a wife, children, part-time studies, a house to clean, family to feed and HUGE Christmas list 'to do/buy' to sort out, and seeing family/friends/social life on top on his daily 2k hands per day minimum grind... Its unfair of him to dismiss all this as 'psychology'.

Nor was it a waste of HJ's time... Michelle clearly showed she was learning well from him, her game did improve, her thought process changed big time. HJ should be proud of her progress, it showed he is a decent tutor and worthy for any one looking for a coach to break into online grinding.

I would love to have a crack at playing seriously online, and even looked into getting coaching off Valor a year or two ago before he moved to South America, but swiftly realised it was not going to fit in with my life at all. I was better off keeping poker as a hobby, playing occasional MTT/Satt online games etc.

This challenge should be seen as it is, not a 'failed attempt', but proof that online grinding its a tough business not for the faint hearted - as not everyone will succeed. It also adds more awareness, and respect, for the 'big guys' grinding at top levels in this game like O'Shea, Valor, HJ etc.

To Michelle and Darragh: WP, GG, UL.

Comment

you quit after 1 miniscule downswing!!! all im saying is a lot of good hardworking players missed the chance you got
                                Jesus give the girl a break BK. So she should be guilty because she got picked over other candidates? Like fuck she should.

Daragh had an open choice and he picked Michelle for a couple of reasons. FWIW i was 99% sure he was going to pick LuckyLloyd because he'd be an ideal person to mould in this situation imo. Michelle put in about 5k hands which is nothing for a lot of cash grinders, but when starting 1 and 2 tabling 1c/2, it takes a special kind of person to stay focused and face the challenge. I think the fact Michelle has a young child so couldn't always pick the best time of day to play or converse with Daragh.

Her miniscule downswing was pretty massive in terms of buyins for someone only starting the game. Very hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel when put in that position. Hopefully HJ chosen to have another go at it because i have no doubt he could turn the right candidate into a big online winner.

Edited to say - IMO, going from a tournament player to a cash game grinder is a really tough transition. Tournaments are fun to some and cash games are a grind and a bore to others, and i think that's what it boiled down to for Michelle
                                Last edited by Flushdraw; 25-11-11, 00:31.

Comment

I read HJ's post and it seems fair enough. I dont think he is having a go at Michelle, some people seem to be reading it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Electra Blue View Post
                                    Fair play Michelle, it took guts to admit this was not for you... But you had to give it a go to realise this for yourself.

I don't think online grinding is ever going to suit anyone rearing children, students with demanding course loads or anyone with responsibilities like caring for someone or working full-time...

I wouldn't be so hasty in criticising Michelle either: she's currently unemployed, doing part-time course, husband away working abroad, children in school... She's got the knowledge, the ability, and the stamina for this so naturally she (and BCB and HJ too) considers this challenge doable. But it was bigger than she expected: required a LOT of devotion, time and patience... and real life starts to slip in the way.

It happens.

I assume HJ doesn't have a mortgage, a wife, children, part-time studies, a house to clean, family to feed and HUGE Christmas list 'to do/buy' to sort out, and seeing family/friends/social life on top on his daily 2k hands per day minimum grind... Its unfair of him to dismiss all this as 'psychology'.

Nor was it a waste of HJ's time... Michelle clearly showed she was learning well from him, her game did improve, her thought process changed big time. HJ should be proud of her progress, it showed he is a decent tutor and worthy for any one looking for a coach to break into online grinding.

I would love to have a crack at playing seriously online, and even looked into getting coaching off Valor a year or two ago before he moved to South America, but swiftly realised it was not going to fit in with my life at all. I was better off keeping poker as a hobby, playing occasional MTT/Satt online games etc.

This challenge should be seen as it is, not a 'failed attempt', but proof that online grinding its a tough business not for the faint hearted - as not everyone will succeed. It also adds more awareness, and respect, for the 'big guys' grinding at top levels in this game like O'Shea, Valor, HJ etc.

To Michelle and Darragh: WP, GG, UL.
                                    Thats an excellent article/summary Jules...

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                      I read HJ's post and it seems fair enough. I dont think he is having a go at Michelle, some people seem to be reading it that way.
                                      +1

I don't really see how people read it that way either, I certainly didn't read it as him having a go at Sat Nav.

Comment

Everything that has been mentioned as the reasons why MSN found it tough going and decided to stop could come under the subject heading of psychology. I don't think that HJ meant the word in a pejorative sense, but it has been misinterpreted by some as being that.

HJ obviously assessed MSN's level of poker skill and thought that he could improve it. If he had been a psychologist and delved deeply into the circumstances of her life and her realistic ability to well manage what was required commitment wise and motivation wise then he probably would have advised her that it's not the lifestyle for her.

I am assuming that is what he meant, and I'm assuming that that's what happened.

And let's be honest, anyone who is willing to grind 1c/2c probably does need their head examining

Comment

I feel that sometimes the tone of my posts (whether unintentional or not) tends to deviate people away from the point I am actually trying to make. Honestly I’m not being purposefully harsh and the relative blunt nature of my posts is just a mechanism for cutting out the bullshit - some may see it as ignorant and boorish but that’s their purgative.

Back on topic. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity which I’m sure MSN appreciates. Looking at the application thread there were some fantastic players there imo – LuckyLlyod or LaoisHammer for example. The opportunity cost for MSN taking on this project was players like that missing out and this is what really grinds my gears. Flushdraw you say she shouldn’t feel guilty for being selected – of course she shouldn’t fair play to her but can she honestly look in the mirror and tell herself she gave it 100%, that she really made the necessary sacrifices to give this a proper go? If she can then fair play I’m out of line.

On the other hand if she gave up easily (which is my opinion), refused to make the necessary sacrifices e.g. giving up the wine, took the time to learn the hand charts, put the hours in etc then I have a problem with it

@ Electra - She seemed to find the time to play lots of live festivals or pub games so the money, kids, time shouldn’t be an issue. The fact that the relative cost of these games are far > than 80 quid and that I’ve seen her have lots of attempts at UKIPT sats immediately indicate to me anyway that the money and/or “8 buy-ins” is not an issue. If you really want to do something you will do it or at least make a damn good attempt at it not a lacklustre half arsed attempt.

The only psychological issue I see is a realisation that online grinding is hard and not fitting into a preconceived image of printing money

I don’t look for recognition in my posts it’s just something that really irked me and I was providing a different side to the argument because as far as Im concerned MSN could post supporting the mast genocide of newborn babies and still get the support of Electra and the flushdraws

Comment

Nobody with kids imo can put in the hours necessary to improve within the timeframe from total beginner.

Anyway it was probably not a good idea to chose a total beginner because they have no idea what the grind is and wont do what is necessary in 99% of cases.

Take someone with a load of hands played so at least they have the time and mentality to sit in front of a computer 40 hours a week playing and studying.

Comment

Originally posted by CheckRaise View Post
                                              Nobody with kids imo can put in the hours necessary to improve within the timeframe from total beginner.

Anyway it was probably not a good idea to chose a total beginner because they have no idea what the grind is and wont do what is necessary in 99% of cases.

Take someone with a load of hands played so at least they have the time and mentality to sit in front of a computer 40 hours a week playing and studying.
                                              iirc the challenge was to take a total beginner, it was modelled on bryne byrnes lucky break.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Wouldn't blame MSN here at all. It was HJ's choice at the end of the day. She was always going to be a big risk here in terms of success, HJ obv knew this but chose her over safer options because it was a far better story, get more attention and would enhance his coaching reputation possibly more than turning an already decent player into a better one if he turned her into a consistant winning cash player.
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

I feel that sometimes the tone of my posts (whether unintentional or not) tends to deviate people away from the point I am actually trying to make. Honestly I’m not being purposefully harsh and the relative blunt nature of my posts is just a mechanism for cutting out the bullshit - some may see it as ignorant and boorish but that’s their purgative.

Back on topic. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity which I’m sure MSN appreciates. Looking at the application thread there were some fantastic players there imo – LuckyLlyod or LaoisHammer for example. The opportunity cost for MSN taking on this project was players like that missing out and this is what really grinds my gears. Flushdraw you say she shouldn’t feel guilty for being selected – of course she shouldn’t fair play to her but can she honestly look in the mirror and tell herself she gave it 100%, that she really made the necessary sacrifices to give this a proper go? If she can then fair play I’m out of line.

On the other hand if she gave up easily (which is my opinion), refused to make the necessary sacrifices e.g. giving up the wine, took the time to learn the hand charts, put the hours in etc then I have a problem with it

@ Electra - She seemed to find the time to play lots of live festivals or pub games so the money, kids, time shouldn’t be an issue. The fact that the relative cost of these games are far > than 80 quid and that I’ve seen her have lots of attempts at UKIPT sats immediately indicate to me anyway that the money and/or “8 buy-ins” is not an issue. If you really want to do something you will do it or at least make a damn good attempt at it not a lacklustre half arsed attempt.

The only psychological issue I see is a realisation that online grinding is hard and not fitting into a preconceived image of printing money

I don’t look for recognition in my posts it’s just something that really irked me and I was providing a different side to the argument because as far as Im concerned MSN could post supporting the mast genocide of newborn babies and still get the support of Electra and the flushdraws
                                                  still can't see what your problem with michelle getting a shot at this is
                                                  the only real conclusion i can come up with is jealousy on your behalf that you didn't get a shot at it.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                    still can't see what your problem with michelle getting a shot at this is
                                                    the only real conclusion i can come up with is jealousy on your behalf that you didn't get a shot at it.
                                                    I didnt apply because I didnt have the time. I am of course green with envy. I think anyone who can appreciate how good an oppertunity this was would be.

Comment

People should give bubbleking a break here, he makes a point and he makes it well. Just because you don't agree doesn't make it any less relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                                        People should give bubbleking a break here, he makes a point and he makes it well. Just because you don't agree doesn't make it any less relevant.
                                                        +1

Comment

Yes tony you are correct it WAS a once in a lifetime opportunity and at the time I certainly thought that too at the time, I dont need to go into,my reasons about how it didnt work out for me again as I have already posted that information.

when you start on a new venture how are you supposed to predict if its going to work or not, I did try and I tried very hard but unfortuantly I ended up hating playing cash for long periods, I just could not do it, im sure there are many pros reading this who might agree that grinding cash is not for them either.

It really grinds your gears that other players missed out , cop on would ya, you hardly lost sleep over it!

Also how dare you make a comment re: wine, are you saying that I have a drink problem?
                                                          Wine never got in the way of me playing cash games ever"! very insulted by that comment!

On the subject of me playing live events, yes im quite entitled to play a live game every now and then which was approx 0nce a month and regards buy ins, bruce game was 100 quid to which I cashed in both main and side which went towards other games , also someone took a % of me for jps game, i won the seat to IPO through facebook ( not that i should have to explain this to you)!

Re; ukipt sats that was way before HJs venture, I won 250 very early in one of those , which paid for subsequent buyins! from that i then won my seat! ( again I dont see why i should have to explain all this) as its none of your business really

I most certainly did not make a half arsed effort in the venture so you can keep those snide remarks to yourself.

So what if electra/flushdraws or any other person look out for me tony, they do that because they like me and dont want to see assholes like you putting me or others down , which lately you are quite good at.

you have said your piece, dont bother replying as i think most dont really care what you have to say.
                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

imo Bubbleking go fuck yourself

Comment

Originally posted by davidadams View Post
                                                              Thats completely out of line David. He made some valid points imo.

Comment

Enough of this. While its up to people to themselves to agree/disagree and its fine to debate his points. BK has made his points and backed them up with his line of reasoning.

One line posts like this are out of order and wont be permitted.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                  Thats completely out of line David. He made some valid points imo.
                                                                  I agree there is no need for that, however yes he made a couple of valid points but he has no need to scrutinise every aspect of my life while trying to come to a conclusion as to why this failed.
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

BK makes a lot of fair points in his post. Michelle played 5k hands, thats a half arsed effort by anyones standards. HJ is to blame for making a bad selection and Michelle is to blame for not trying hard enough and for applying without knowing how much time she was going to have to put into it.

The abuse for BK is way out of line and seems to be unpunished a lot these days, just because some people dont like his posts doesnt mean anyone can call him whatever they like.
                                                                    None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Hj didnt make a bad choice. He made a challenging one.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                        BK makes a lot of fair points in his post. Michelle played 5k hands, thats a half arsed effort by anyones standards. HJ is to blame for making a bad selection and Michelle is to blame for not trying hard enough and for applying without knowing how much time she was going to have to put into it.

The abuse for BK is way out of line and seems to be unpunished a lot these days, just because some people dont like his posts doesnt mean anyone can call him whatever they like.
                                                                        it was actually 8k hands not 5k, might not seem alot to you but it was enough for me to realise that I could no longer go on.
                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                          Hj didnt make a bad choice. He made a challenging one.
                                                                          I think it was bad, I thought it was big odds against it being a success.

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                          it was actually 8k hands not 5k, might not seem alot to you but it was enough for me to realise that I could no longer go on.
                                                                          Yeah I realise its not for some people and it is a grind and not much fun a lot of the time.

I thought you would have had some idea of that before it started though.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post

I dont mean to derail the thread. But where exactly is the abuse for BK here? He hasnt been called anything. Some people have argued his posts, sure. Others have agreed with him. Tends to be the nature of the place

1 post was certainly out of line, but it wasnt abuse or name calling and the poster has been warned over it.

EDIT - to say I realise Michelle called BK an asshole, but the nature of their posts has cut close to the bone on both sides.

Comment

Meh, we don't need mods banning people for name-calling, they'll sort it out amongst themselves.

Comment

I was providing a different side to the argument because as far as Im concerned MSN could post supporting the mast genocide of newborn babies and still get the support of Electra and the flushdraws
                                                                                Can I ask how the fuck I got brought into this? How fucking dare you make a generalisation like that. Adding the smiley at the end of your comment does not distract from the fact you wrote something rather distasteful imo.

Leave me out of your posts BK unless they are actually about me,

I don't really care if I get a banning or not for this Tony but you are one ignorant cunt IMO and need some lessons in tact and diplomacy. Now go fuck yourself and crawl back under your rock.

Seems to me you like causing trouble for people like A_CE, MSN etc. You just pick on people and you are nothing more than a cyber bully. I doubt very much if you are man enough to say some of these things in public.

Comment

100% agree mrs flushdraw

Comment

This thread is starting to get good for all the wrong reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                                      This thread is starting to get good for all the wrong reasons.
                                                                                      How can you see everything? thought everyone was blocked

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                        How can you see everything? thought everyone was blocked
                                                                                        Quoting people means I can see their posts.

Comment

AJ needed in here to get the web cuddle going.

Comment

100% agree mrs flushdraw
                                                                                            Dont normally get involved in these, firstly your two posts in thread (above) are not helpful whatsoever, stirring sh*t is what I'd call them. Second of all BK has made some very valid points. I know myself I made a very serious application for HJ's offer and would have loved to have one on one coaching from him. So far in this thread BK has been called an arsehole and a cnut??? and all because he expressed his opinion, get a grip seriously.

Comment

I fear they are too far gone on the argument Chads, but why can't we all just

Comment

Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
                                                                                                Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
                                                                                                Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
                                                                                                Oh Lord, kumbaya

Comment

as far as Im concerned MSN could post supporting the mast genocide of newborn babies and still get the support of Electra and the flushdraws
                                                                                                  Yep, that's how it is. You win the internet again. Could say a lot more but couldn't be arsed tbh. You said your piece in your usual bullish higher than thou way as you've been doing a lot lately. You really love this game called the 'Internet'. Sure it's all imaginary and no-one here has any feelings and exists in real life. Keep up the good work and you might clock the internet soon

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                    Can I ask how the fuck I got brought into this? How fucking dare you make a generalisation like that. Adding the smiley at the end of your comment does not distract from the fact you wrote something rather distasteful imo.

Leave me out of your posts BK unless they are actually about me,

I don't really care if I get a banning or not for this Tony but you are one ignorant cunt IMO and need some lessons in tact and diplomacy. Now go fuck yourself and crawl back under your rock.

Seems to me you like causing trouble for people like A_CE, MSN etc. You just pick on people and you are nothing more than a cyber bully. I doubt very much if you are man enough to say some of these things in public.
                                                                                                    Gill, not on. Take a break from the forum for a day and cool the jets.

100% agree mrs flushdraw
                                                                                                    David you were warned earlier, take a break for a day as well

Comment

IMO if michelle was only half arsed about it she could have just played on lost the money at least she had the balls to admit it wasn't working and that she couldn't keep it going very easy for people to critisise when they don't know the half of it .

Fair play michelle at least u gave it a fair crack

Comment

I think this can be locked up now, both parties involved in the original coaching agreement have had their say, others have also had their views aired, agreed with and disagreed with.

HJ/MSN - Thanks for keeping us updated along the way. Sorry that it didnt work out for you both.

Locked to prevent me having to give out further bannings

Comment

A right of reply goes to Bubbleking.

hey everyone, Kev kindly gave me the right to reply since I wasnt online yesterday to defend myself when this was going down. Was going to post yesterday evening but I needed some time to re-access the situation and mainly take the venom out of what my response was going to be.

Can I start off by apologising to Michelle. Yes I was having a go at you but I shouldnt have cut it so close to the bone. I maintain my stance on the issue but should have expressed it in a manner that was more appropriate. I was delighted to see you doing well so my posts were more out of frustration that you seemed to be packing it in at the first major hurdle.

Secondly on the issues of bannings although I appreciate that the mods have to keep order or the place would be a mess I think they should be avoided where possible. At the end of the day I'v been called worse and sometimes I feel that a banning can give the offender an air of martyrdom when in reality they have just let themselves down. The great thing about IPB is that "stop being a dope" is a perfectly legimate form of policing in the vast majority of cases

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                          X