Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Community, Tech, and Feedback > Technical Queries and Technology Advice

Old 14-12-10, 10:32   #41
MrsFlushdraw
5 Star Mammy

Contacts..

I am having trouble with my contacts all merging with FB etc and when I go to make a call I have no clue what is what. I cant see how to delete either.

Its the HTC Desire btw..
MrsFlushdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-10, 10:50   #42
tylerdurden94
Ad-Min-Is-Trator Yo!

If I remember correct its been awhile since I had to deal with the contacts, had me frustrated for awhile once you get them all sorted with your gmail account there is some option on who an what to show that should sort that out hopefully.
Old 14-12-10, 11:15   #43
MrsFlushdraw
5 Star Mammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
If I remember correct its been awhile since I had to deal with the contacts, had me frustrated for awhile once you get them all sorted with your gmail account there is some option on who an what to show that should sort that out hopefully.
I rarely use my gmail and I am mainly on hotmail. will have to read up on it more methinks.
MrsFlushdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-10, 11:22   #44
Strewelpeter

You can remove them from the 'People' Area but not from the phone list

1. Press Phone.
2. Press Menu.
3. Press People.
4. Press Menu.
5. Press View.
6. Untick Facebook (and anything else you don't require).

more details here
Old 14-12-10, 11:36   #45
Rufio

I also have a problem with my address book. I've had the same sim card for about 10 years and consequently I seem to have plenty of duplicate names. Is there anyway to purge duplicate phone numbers or any program I can download that will allow me to mass delete ticked contacts?
Old 14-12-10, 15:19   #46
Valor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM2204 View Post
Yeah, Skype uses data but I use it quite a bit and it doesn't appear to use much TBH.

If your on the Three network in Ireland you can use the 'Planet 3' Skype client and any data used is free and not from your bundled allowance. However, the Planet 3 Skype client is very basic and not as feature rich as the Marketplace Skype client.

You will need Froyo 2.2 to run the full Skype Android client.

It's a great app with the potential to save you a bundle...

Have it working, seems very handy, I have a Skype subscription so that menas all my landlines calls will be free etc. The phone networks cant be very happy about this and programs called Free Web Texter etc though?
Valor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-10, 16:12   #47
tylerdurden94
Ad-Min-Is-Trator Yo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
I rarely use my gmail and I am mainly on hotmail. will have to read up on it more methinks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
I also have a problem with my address book. I've had the same sim card for about 10 years and consequently I seem to have plenty of duplicate names. Is there anyway to purge duplicate phone numbers or any program I can download that will allow me to mass delete ticked contacts?
Yeah I had the same problem like both of you a lot of duplicate names and just names all jumbled up.

If you use your gmail you can sync it with the contacts and use it to edit things easy in gmail rather than on your phone and then as strewel points out you can just select which contacts you want to show ie gmail should hopefully sort out that problem.
Old 14-12-10, 16:50   #48
Valor

I have like 800 contacts on my gmail though from all the random people I've emailed over the years, doesnt that get annoying having all of them show up in your contacts?
Old 14-12-10, 18:20   #49
TM2204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valor View Post
Have it working, seems very handy, I have a Skype subscription so that menas all my landlines calls will be free etc. The phone networks cant be very happy about this and programs called Free Web Texter etc though?
Fuck em
TM2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-10, 21:46   #50
Valor

Well yeah obviously fuck em, I just mean from the POV that they aren't going to try and charge us for calls we make thru skype other than data charges or something? There's no hidden cost I'm missing..?

Like in the US you can call Mobiles for free with the subscription which is like 10 euro a month, so if they extend that to here some day..
Old 14-12-10, 22:15   #51
TM2204

Quote:
Well yeah obviously fuck em, I just mean from the POV that they aren't going to try and charge us for calls we make thru skype other than data charges or something? There's no hidden cost I'm missing..?

Like in the US you can call Mobiles for free with the subscription which is like 10 euro a month, so if they extend that to here some day..
Nope, no hidden costs.

I think carriers will be soon selling data only plans and people will call & text using apps & data.

I think Skype are soon to release a video version of the app so video calling is coming soon....

Old 14-12-10, 22:23   #52
digiman

Quote:

Do not fuck them, I need to stay in my job. That is not the attitude to have at all!!
digiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-10, 22:40   #53
Valor

I'm just saying fuck em so you can go pro
Old 14-12-10, 22:52   #54
digiman

Quote:
I'm just saying fuck em so you can go pro
Its funny that of some of the pros that I know online are thinking of going back to work/college!! Poker getting too tough to go pro!!

But seriosuly the networks make a shit load of money from voice/txt messages. They have been investing millions/week in upgrading their data speeds over last few years (on average speed has been doubling every year for last few years)

Problem is they dont make all that much money from data and the fact that you and I and more and more people with smart phones are going to start using them for voip they will be getting very worried shortly and coule well start brining in measure to block them. I do remember when I had an iphone that for me to make a call on skype I had to be on the wlan but with the HTC it works over 3G also.

Also you use very little data when making voice calls, video calls will use probably 10+ times your data but with the data allowances being so high you probably have nothing to worry about
digiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-10, 00:41   #55
Sledgejammer

Scummvm is awesome, it's more or less an emulator that lets you play all the old point and click games. Indianna Jones, Monkey Island, Discworld, Full Throttle etc
Old 22-12-10, 01:01   #56
Valor

I've been using the SKype app on my phone all the time, its super super handy and works very well even on 3g
Old 30-12-10, 12:15   #57
TM2204

'Lookout' is the easiest way to protect your phone from viruses, hackers, loss and theft.

Free & paid version for extra functionality.

Class App.

Old 30-12-10, 19:29   #58
Percy007

Does it run constantly on your phone? Is it hard on the battery?
Percy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-10, 19:48   #59
TM2204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy007 View Post
Does it run constantly on your phone? Is it hard on the battery?
Yeah, runs constantly. so far can't say it's too hard on battery at all. I run it & Skype constantly.

Thanks From:
Old 30-12-10, 19:49   #60
TM2204

Any HTC Desire HD owners there's a new OTA upgrade, 2.2.1, available that fixes a lot of little bugs and improves overall phone performance.

Irish Poker Boards > Community, Tech, and Feedback > Technical Queries and Technology Advice