Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drunk 80 p/h
    Sober 120 p/h

No haggling

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
      You can't beat a crisp sandwich. Soft white sliced pan. Plenty of butter. Ready salted my crisp of choice.
      Christ. An insult to the bread and butter. Tayto cheese and onion for me. Have had 2 tayto sandwiches with my 4 cans of Guinness this evening. On the whiskey now. Hic

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
        Drunk 120 p/h
        Sober 80 p/h

No haggling
        FYP

Comment

I can't drink red wine anymore. It is driving me nuts. I get some kind of allergic reaction where I start sneezing before finishing the first glass and feel all blocked up shortly after with hangover from hell. Alcohol of all kinds causes varying degrees of severity of the same kind of reaction. Dr. Google suggests histamine intolerance which would tie with that the only alcohol that causes little to no reaction is gin and by far the strongest reaction is red wine. It feels fairly frivolous in the current climate to be making a doctors appointment about my inability to consume alcohol.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
            Tried that one just now. All I taste from any of them is just...not Sierra Nevada! Their Torpedo and Tropical Torpedo can't be beat imo.
            Tbf to Sierra Nevada they were one of the pioneers that basically kick started the modern craft beer scene. They are fucking huge now and opened a massive 2nd plant in North Carolina a few years ago. As far as both torpedos go, good examples of a typical American IPA. The tropical one was the go to beer in my local. Have their bigfoot barleywine sitting in the fridge waiting for the weekend.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Phil doing a stream with Joey off the back of getting almost even today

Phil Galfond has clawed his way back to even in the Galfond Challenge. We will have a short discussion with him!_____|| ► Subscribe to My Channel Here http:/...

Opr

Comment

Question for the number crunchers on here. Numbers of cases in republic tonight 3849 with 98 deaths. Number in N.I. 774 cases with 36 deaths.

Seems like a lot higher percentage deaths in the North.

Discuss reasons for difference please.
                  http://www.pokerinireland.net/

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                    Aeropress, best value piece of kit on the market. You don't bother with anything else for the moment.

Thanks. Ordered.
                    Ordered coffee from calendarcoffee.ie

The clanbrassil house Cafe coffee will be live for the Easter weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                      I can't drink red wine anymore. It is driving me nuts. I get some kind of allergic reaction where I start sneezing before finishing the first glass and feel all blocked up shortly after with hangover from hell. Alcohol of all kinds causes varying degrees of severity of the same kind of reaction. Dr. Google suggests histamine intolerance which would tie with that the only alcohol that causes little to no reaction is gin and by far the strongest reaction is red wine. It feels fairly frivolous in the current climate to be making a doctors appointment about my inability to consume alcohol.

Opr
                      Cetrine, available over the counter will do the trick for this, the auld fellow used to be exactly the same and it stoped it almost immediately.

Comment

Sceptic not cynic also an optimist which is why I get annoyed... apparently

This is mad
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by ACE REPORTER View Post
                          Question for the number crunchers on here. Numbers of cases in republic tonight 3849 with 98 deaths. Number in N.I. 774 cases with 36 deaths.

Mostly just down to more testing in Ireland.

If you had accurate numbers for confirmed cases there wouldn't be much of a difference. If there is a difference, it's probably due to more community spread in NI. Which is gonna hit older people more. The initial cases in a country come from younger people travelling. If it spreads to older people the fatality rate goes way up.

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                          You can't beat a crisp sandwich. Soft white sliced pan. Plenty of butter. Ready salted my crisp of choice.

Never even been tempted to have one. Am I missing out?
                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 03-04-20, 00:05.

Comment

Crisp sandwiches are great yeah but I think I'm a bread wanker now, I don't even consider sliced pan to be bread.

I've learned you guys drink a lot! Well when I say learned, had it reaffirmed.

Comment

I can't even get drunk.

Comment

Any crisp that's not cheese and onion is an unforgivable waste of a crisp.

Comment

Might do a World Cup of crisps.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                    Any crisp that's not cheese and onion is an unforgivable waste of a crisp.
                                    Preeeeeach.

They have ketchup flavor here the god forsaken freaks.

They also have a flavor called “all dressed” that is delicous.

We’ll call it a draw.
                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                      Preeeeeach.

We’ll call it a draw.
                                      The non-cheese-and-onion-eaters will be beside Paddy Cosgrave against the wall when I'm in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                        Preeeeeach.

We’ll call it a draw.
                                        They also have Dill Pickle so they're back to losing again. Cheese and Onion the only option for crisp sandwiches

Good shout with the Milk Stout although I can never find the damn thing in my local liqour stores.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                          They also have Dill Pickle so they're back to losing again. Cheese and Onion the only option for crisp sandwiches

Good shout with the Milk Stout although I can never find the damn thing in my local liqour stores.
                                          True. Dill Pickle. Jesus.

Man, I actually find the same. Its so hard to get, I think it might be seasonal. I even have the missus asking her suppliers about it.
                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Jalapeño kettle chips are OK in my book.
                                            But nothing goes on a sambo except cheese and onion.
                                            I have found that if their is a filling on the sandwich, perhaps a sauce, spicy or garlic, a ruffled crisps increased surface area captures more of that so hunky dories are my go on addition rather than the conventional tayto.
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by ACE REPORTER View Post

It's almost certainly a gap in testing. NI likely have more undetected cases than we do. .

Additionally we also have the unfortunate issue that are nursing homes have been badly impacted. I'm unsure if that's the case in the North but it's a contributor to our death rate.
                                              That said, the gap is likely a higher % of unconfirmed cases.

As an example of how much of a shit show the UK are having

That's approx the equivalent of Ireland testing 500 people a day so you can see where the gap starts appearing.

NI situation report:https://www.publichealth.hscni.net/p...llance-reports

6700 tests thus far, we have 5x that at least but 3x the population.
                                              Last edited by Guest; 03-04-20, 06:04.

Comment

15 players in the latest Alphabet Sheep game. Got until 1pm to get your entries in!

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                  New thread ....yay!

this make me thirst.

Comment

This too shall pass.

Comment

Spring Onion flavour Tayto a perfectly cromulent ingredient for a crisp sambo.
                                                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

That reminds me. Must make a new BBV thread, this one might be causing some of the database problems recently. It might not have either, but there you go. I'll leave this one stickied for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                                        X