All weather racing log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All weather racing log

It's been a while since there's been a racing log ( where did Amber leaf go?) so I'll give it a go for the All weather.

1000 pt starting bank , backing each horse to increase the bank by 5% of what it was after each winner .

Air of York 21:10 Chelmsford. Even after recent work on the surface there still seems to be a big bias towards speed. Drawn 1 with Kirby up he will be away and gone it will just depend if he can last home.

5.6 @ 9/1 balance 994.4

giddy up!

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
      giddy up!
      Nice start.kirby good strong jockey to have on your side.
      will u keep the log to english all weather or mix a bit of Dundalk with it.
      Here's hoping the winners keep coming.

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
        Nice start.kirby good strong jockey to have on your side.
        will u keep the log to english all weather or mix a bit of Dundalk with it.
        Here's hoping the winners keep coming.
        Should probably retire the log now John! Kirby is a genius with the fractions round the tight UK AW tracks. Mostly Uk , Dundalk is a lot fairer track since they put the cutaway in so fewer hard luck stories.

Comment

Should probably retire the log now John! Kirby is a genius with the fractions round the tight UK AW tracks. Mostly Uk , Dundalk is a lot fairer track since they put the cutaway in so fewer hard luck stories.
          Call it the Captains log and retire on a high.lol
          Keep it going if I hear the odd bit of info I'll pass it on and help keep the pot over the 1000 points.

Comment

It's been a while since there's been a racing log ( where did Amber leaf go?) so I'll give it a go for the All weather.

1000 pt starting bank , backing each horse to increase the bank by 5% of what it was after each winner .

Air of York 21:10 Chelmsford. Even after recent work on the surface there still seems to be a big bias towards speed. Drawn 1 with Kirby up he will be away and gone it will just depend if he can last home.

5.6 @ 9/1 balance 994.4
            Nice to kick off with a winner. There was a rule 4 on the 9/1 but for simplicity I'm just going to round it up .

Bank: 1050
            T.I. : 5.6
            To win off next bet : 52.5

No A.W. Until Tues.

Comment

Wait until Southwell gets going. Track for the AW purist that.

Never mind yer fancy Kempton's and Lingfields!
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

16:40 Wolv John Caesar 6.6 @ 8/1 pp

Was having his first run back on the AW lto since he finished 2nd at kemp on his last run for Jeremy Noseda. Travelled well in rear before being forced very wide off the last bend and ran on well to the line. The extra furlong should be a help.

Bank 1043.4

Comment

the fav is a non runner which is a pity as I didn't see him as a danger.

Another 2.5 @ 11/2 to make up for the R4.

Comment

No joy yesterday with John Caesar beaten two necks.

Bank: 1040.9
                    T.I. : 14.7
                    Win off next bet : 61.6

Plenty of pace in the last at Chelmsford, bogsnog is a strong traveller in his races and should be able to sit handy from a good draw.

11.1 @ 11/2

Comment

I know you like your AW racing - ATR doing an AW tipping competition with £10k in prizes (runs for the Winter)...

Comment

Poor run from Bogsnog the last day.

Bank : 1029.8
                        T.I. : 25.8
                        Win off next bet: 72.7

Right Madam 5.2 @ 14/1. 16:40 Wolv.

Looks like a very poor race so she will probably never get a better chance to lose her maiden tag. Didn't have the best of runs through her last race and could certainly have finished closer with stronger handling. The trainers last two runners at Wolly have won and while she is no cert 14/1 looks a bit big.

Comment

Right madam got a strange ride the last day i reckon she will pick up a bad race soon enough.

Bank : 1024.6
                          T.I. : 31
                          Win off next bet : 77.9

Speculative punt tomorrow on Age of innocence 13:40 Southwell. His one decent run was on his only visit to Southwell, He finished a staying on 4th over 6f with a couple of proven Southwell performers ahead of him. Trainer has plenty of winners here so I'm hoping the extra furlong and first time visor do the trick.

5 @ 16/1

Comment

Fandango 1810 Kemp. Should come on a fair bit from his nice debut, has a derby entry so must have shown shrewd trainer something. Having been green early , the penny only dropped in the straight and he coasted home. A big galloping type , the long straight at kemp should suit.

7.6 @ 11/1

Comment

Cough, Cough, Ahem runs tonight as well.
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Bank 1012
                                T.I. 43.6
                                Win next bet : 90.5

Nouveau Foret , Hasn't been placed too well but has improved on his last two starts at Chelmsford, hoping he will be ridden closer to the pace and go one better.

16.5 @ 11/2
                                Last edited by horatio1; 12-11-15, 17:39.

Comment

Bank 1012
                                  T.I. 43.6
                                  Win next bet : 90.5

Nouveau Foret , Hasn't been placed too well but has improved on his last two starts at Chelmsford, hoping he will be ridden closer to the pace and go one better.

16.5 @ 11/2
                                  Carson gave that quite a shocker, beaten an ever diminishing head having been involved in a series of barging matches throughout.

Bank: 995.5
                                  T.I. 60.1
                                  Win next bet: 107

Going to give Right Madam one last try in the 1950 Wolly.

6.6 @ 16/1

Comment

Carson gave that quite a shocker, beaten an ever diminishing head having been involved in a series of barging matches throughout.

Bank: 995.5
                                    T.I. 60.1
                                    Win next bet: 107

Going to give Right Madam one last try in the 1950 Wolly.

6.6 @ 16/1
                                    Another fooking second.

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                    I know you like your AW racing - ATR doing an AW tipping competition with £10k in prizes (runs for the Winter)...

https://attheraces.racecaller.com/AW...ampion-Crowned
                                    Hey Dice , I was putting in a below average performance in this but managed to pick 5 nice priced winners today to top the daily leader board and move up about a thousand spots in the overall.

Comment

A couple of frustrating seconds recently, hopefully break the losing streak today.

Bank : 988.9
                                      T.I. : 66.7
                                      Win next bet : 113.6

Gild Master 1940 CC. Caught the eye of the stewards two runs back in a handicap. He was then dropped in trip and into a maiden for his next run and ran creditably behind a Godolphin horse and an odds on fav. Steps back up in trip and returns to a hcap .

17.5 @ 13/2
                                      Last edited by horatio1; 19-11-15, 08:25.

Comment

3rd was never winning, maybe 1 to watch for again.
                                        location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser soze View Post
                                          3rd was never winning, maybe 1 to watch for again.
                                          Yeah probably needs even further at a track more suited to his hold up style than Chelmsford.

Bank : 971.4
                                          T.I. : 84.2
                                          Win off next bet : 131.1

Lady Estrella 1435 ling, didn't think she could beat the short priced fav in this but that fav and another are non runners. She got a real quiet ride from Harley the last day and looks value at 7/1 with five left in it.

18.8 @ 7/1

Comment

Lady Estella joined the growing list of seconds last time.

Bank : 952.6
                                            T.I. : 102.4
                                            Win next bet : 149.9

I'll give age of innocence another chance in the 1540 Southwell. Partly on the basis that about 7 of the 11 runners have no chance at the trip/ off their current marks and partly as he travelled well enough in the first time visor before not seeing the trip out. He has seen a bit of support from 25/1 last night into 16/1.

9.4 @ 16/1

Comment

Another 2nd , beginning to feel bad profiting from my e/w bets on your tips
                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Seconditis is an Awful affliction,happened me a few times on the beer first 3 races 3 seconds should've just stopped at that stage😁. Keep it going your not that far off.

Comment

Age of innocence ran well but had no chance with the winner.

Bank : 943.2
                                                  T.I. : 111.8
                                                  Win next bet : 159.3

Fern Owl 16:45 Kemp. Looked as if the step up in trip would help last time when coming from along way back to finish fourth. Winner has gone in again and the fav might be vulnerable under the penalty.

32.5 @ 5/1

Comment

Poor run from Fern Owl yesterday.

Bank: 910.8
                                                    T.I. : 144.3
                                                    Win Next bet : 191.8

Giant Shadow 1320 Southwell. Ran well returning from a break lto. Despite being drawn 4 and slowly away Fanning managed to get him racing 5 wide until coming off the last bend and then decided to take him to the inside rail and let him coast home under hands and heels. Trainer does well with the few he sends to Southwell.

32 @ 6/1
                                                    Last edited by horatio1; 26-11-15, 10:46.

Comment

I thought Giant Shadow got a curious ride the last day, Fanning reported to the stewards that he hung left throughout, A veterinary exam revealed no abnormalities.

Bank: 878.8
                                                      T.I. : 176.3
                                                      Win Next Bet: 223.8

Edith Weston 13:25 Wolv. Has a bit to make up with the fav but she was slowly away lto and stayed on well to the line despite having to check twice in the straight. Extra furlong should help.

18.65 @ 12/1

Comment

On a desperate run so going to chance two tomorrow:

Bank: 860.1
                                                        T.I. : 195
                                                        Win next bet: 195

Bag of Diamonds 1300 ling: 24.5 @ 8/1
                                                        Lightscameraaction 1400 Ling

Comment

Giddy ups

Comment

Back in the game wp.😜

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser soze View Post
                                                              Back in the game wp.😜
                                                              Ah Yeah, a bit like Dublin Bus! Didn't see either race due to an appointment but both seemed to have won well. Pity I wasn't quick enough to get the 12/1 about both last night !

Bank : 1157.7
                                                              T.I. : 233
                                                              Win next bet: 58

Gild Master 1740 Kemp, Becoming a bit of a cliff horse , hoping that there is a strong gallop and he is ridden a bit more prominently.

10.6 @ 11/2

Comment

No joy with the ever frustrating Gild Master.

Bank: 1147.1
                                                                T.I. : 243.6
                                                                Win next bet : 68.6

It must be faith was given an easy ride in a hot race at Chelmsford, he has won over C&D and the stable are flying.

8.6 @ 8/1

Comment

It must be faith ran well to be second to a horse laid out for the day.

Bank : 1138.5
                                                                  T.I. : 252.2
                                                                  Win next bet : 77.2

Rockwood 6:15 Wolly. No surprise to see him claimed after his last run. He wasn't beaten far and was worse off with almost everything in the race than he would have been in a hcap. Theres very little pace in this race and he might try make all in the first time visor.

7.8 @ 10/1

Comment

I think I'll start backing out n the w/o fav market!

Comment

Rockwood went down by a neck to the jolly.

Bank : 1130.7
                                                                      T.I. : 260
                                                                      Win next bet : 85

Two good AW cards tomorrow, fancy about 6 horses but have narrowed it down to these two;

Picansort 1300 Ling. Has slipped to a good mark, ran well from a poor draw last time and has the plum draw.

10.6 @ 8/1

Rahmah @ 7/1 1500 Ling
                                                                      Last edited by horatio1; 07-12-15, 00:58.

Comment

Picansort well backed but not good enough.

Bank : 120.1
                                                                        T.I. : 270.6
                                                                        Win next bet: 95.6

Rahmah 1500 Ling 14.7 @ 13/2

Comment

Both ran poorly yesterday.

Bank : 1105.4
                                                                          T.I. : 285.3
                                                                          Win next bet: 110.3

Monsieur Jimmy 1400 Southwell. Shaped like he was coming to the boil on his last run here , travelled well and not given a hard time.

6.9 @ 16/1

Comment

Monsieur Jimmy 1400 Southwell. Shaped like he was coming to the boil on his last run here , travelled well and not given a hard time.

6.9 @ 16/1
                                                                            He was in my tracker for a long time but eventually took him out. You'd be in the poor house waiting for the day he is off*. Absolutely bolted up here earlier in the year but hasn't produced anything like that in a long time (albeit most of his runs since were on turf).

*course you know what will happen now

Comment

#39
                                                                              Bank : 1098.5
                                                                              T.I. : 291.9
                                                                              Win next bet : 117.2

Presto boy 3:25 ling 16.8 @ 7/1
                                                                              Last edited by horatio1; 08-12-15, 22:14.

Comment

#40
                                                                                You take out 100 m8?
                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Bank : 1081.7
                                                                                  T.I. : 308.7
                                                                                  Win next bet: 134

Two for tomorrow:

Billy bond 1415 Southwell
                                                                                  30.8 @ 5/1

Varsovian 1815 Wolv

Comment

#42

6.9 @ 16/1
                                                                                    out again today and down in class. mmmmm.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                      out again today and down in class. mmmmm.
                                                                                      He ran well enough the last day but didn't see the mile out. Also has the visor on first time, have ran him in blinkers a couple of times without much success. At 14/1 I'll have to stick him in.

Billy bond ran well to be 2nd last the last day, Varsovian (23.6 @ 7/1) not so good.

Bank: 1027.3
                                                                                      T.I. : 363.1
                                                                                      Win next bet : 188.4

Monsieur Jimmy 1230 Southwell 13.5 @ 14/1

Sudden Wish 1540 Kemp. Got very tender handling on seasonal debut over too short a distance. Finished 4th, the 1st ,2nd , 5th and 6th have come out and won since. I am hoping he will pay for Christmas at a juicy 11/2.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        A very frustrating day yesterday, Monsieur Jimmy failed by a neck and sudden wish ( 40.4 @ 5/1) was unplaced while a horse i've had on the log twice age of innocence won at 8/1.

Bank : 973.4
                                                                                        T.I. : 417
                                                                                        Win next bet : 242.3

Nouveau Foret 18:10 Chelmsford 54 @ 9/2. Has gone close on his last two races here and the change of jockey should help.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Bank : 919.4
                                                                                          T.I: 471
                                                                                          Win next bet: 296.3

Two for this evening:

Oh this is us 1840 Wolv 27 @ 11/1. Warfare 1910 Wolv.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            I'll update the bank later.

Rocket Rob and Billy bond last 2 races lingfield.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Fuck work , decided to give my undivided attention to my first day back and give the nags a miss.

03 January 2016

You have 3 horses that have been declared to run.

Fern Owl - (Wolverhampton, 15:40)
                                                                                              bet365 Bet now 13/2

Race:Coral Connect Handicap

Your comment:

3/11 only 2nd hcap and big improv on AW , raced strongly in rear and ran on

timeform
                                                                                              7/2 and cheekpieces on for first time, creditable fifth of 13 in handicap at this C&D 24 days ago. Open to progress.starstarstarstar

Rockwood - (Wolverhampton, 16:10)
                                                                                              bet365 Bet now 6/1

Race:Bet 5 Get 20 At Coral Handicap

Your comment:

16/10 only a claimer but wrong with most that finished in front of him and had terrible run through race, yard do well suddy

timeform
                                                                                              Winner at Beverley in August. 7/1 and visored for first time, first run since leaving David C. Griffiths when good second of 9 in handicap at this course (8.6f) 30 days ago, sticking to task.starstarstarstar

St Saviour - (Ludlow, 13:00)
                                                                                              bet365 Bet now 13/8

Race:Best Wishes For 2016 Juvenile Maiden Hurdle

Your comment:

12/10 trav best from 2 out blocked on rails switched and again gap closed . best horse in race strong next time

timeform
                                                                                              Fairly useful winner on Flat for Andrew Balding. Sold for 20,000 gns since latest start in October and interesting hurdling debutant for in-form powerful jumps yard.starstarstarstar

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Fuck two nice winners there, I thought rockwood looked familiar when I checked through today's results probably was from one of your previous posts UL.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  After the last few bets:

Bank: 706.4
                                                                                                  T.I. : 683.4
                                                                                                  Win next bet : 508.7

Seraphima 3:50 Wolv 15.5 @ 33/1
                                                                                                  Flying fantasy 1710 kemp
                                                                                                  Brazen spirit 1840 kemp

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                  X