How to quicken product download speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to quicken product download speed

Hi techies, badly in need of help and ideas here.

I have a product I want to sell, only issue is that it is 28MB and to download from one of my websites takes nearly 8 minutes and that is with a fast broadband connection (25mbps).

In comparison, I downloaded the latest FTP client which is 25MB and it only took 60 seconds. How would I go about getting those speeds?

thanks in advance for any ideas

You get what you pay for in terms of speeds. Bandwidth costs a web host, so they would have limits on traffic and speed. Maybe try cutting the website out of the equation and using sendspace or Dropbox? Dropbox can be v handy for files you need to change periodically and distribute to people
    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Would I be right in saying that using drop box would mean the customer would have to sign up for a dropbox account?

If so that is way too cumbersome and probably a last resort. I need something quick that wont result in customer getting pissed off with download time, cancelling download and looking for a refund. I'd rather something that does not take more than 3 or 4 clicks of a mouse to make payment and receive product.

Comment

Originally posted by RBBlogger View Post
        Hi techies, badly in need of help and ideas here.

I have a product I want to sell, only issue is that it is 28MB and to download from one of my websites takes nearly 8 minutes and that is with a fast broadband connection (25mbps).

In comparison, I downloaded the latest FTP client which is 25MB and it only took 60 seconds. How would I go about getting those speeds?

thanks in advance for any ideas
        There are 2 factors. The hosted platform's upload speed and your download speed. One will bottleneck the other. Obviously its the host in this case.

You can use Mocata's idea for dropbox perfectly by just sharing a public link to DL the file. Should be much quicker than what you have in place. Just embed the link in your website and you should be fine. The other alternative is to to get your hosting company to change your plan/speeds. Well that or move to another hosting company.

Comment

I tested out dropbox and I was able to download in approx 90 seconds which is good enough for me!

Thanks for the advice guys!

Comment

Working...
          X