Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Poker Theory, Strategy and Rulings > Omaha, Stud and Other Variants
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-02-11, 02:04   #1
blaaaaaaah
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,150
plo hu cap game, turn decision

Hand from Full Tilt cap game. Bit of discussion with friends as to how I played this on the turn. Curious as to what ppl think is the correct play. Villain hasn't stepped out much on the turn without a hand, early in the hu match so no real other reads.

Full Tilt Pot-Limit Omaha, $1.00 BB (2 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($111.75)
Hero (BB) ($121.45)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4, K, 7, 4
SB bets $3, Hero calls $2

Flop: ($6) 4, 8, 4 (2 players)
Hero checks, SB checks

Turn: ($6) 10 (2 players)
Hero bets $4, SB raises to $11, Hero raises to $37, 1 fold

Total pot: $28 | Rake: $0.50
__________________
Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666
blaaaaaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-11, 02:05   #2
max_power
Member
 
max_power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,117
Don't play hu but is it not a pretty easy fold pre?
max_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-11, 02:08   #3
blaaaaaaah
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by max_power View Post
Don't play hu but is it not a pretty easy fold pre?
I new someone would mention that ha, norm it's a fold but i'm pretty comfortable playing oop with marginal hands at these stakes.
__________________
Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666
blaaaaaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 17-02-11, 03:46   #4
smoothcall
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,167
I disagree, It's a fold pre. your hand is muck.

I'd just call once he raises, if he's hit the over house your getting the chips regardless. once you go again, it shuts down his bluffs, and doesnt give him a chance to hit a draw.
smoothcall is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 17-02-11, 03:49   #5
bustamoves
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 512
Lol at the Omaha theory section.standard reply is mostly fold pre!

I dont like 3betting the turn because it's very hard for villain to call without a monster and he is rarely or never coming over u again with a bluff because u have basically said u are never folding. I think u have to let him catch up and give him more chance to bluff. I prefer u flat turn and lead small on the river to induce. If he has a full house the money will get in anyway.
bustamoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-11, 04:09   #6
blaaaaaaah
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustamoves View Post
Lol at the Omaha theory section.standard reply is mostly fold pre!

I dont like 3betting the turn because it's very hard for villain to call without a monster and he is rarely or never coming over u again with a bluff because u have basically said u are never folding. I think u have to let him catch up and give him more chance to bluff. I prefer u flat turn and lead small on the river to induce. If he has a full house the money will get in anyway.
You should prob read the info again bustamoves, it's a plo cap game and i'm basically shoving in after his reraise on turn.
__________________
Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666
blaaaaaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-11, 04:17   #7
blaaaaaaah
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothcall View Post
I disagree, It's a fold pre. your hand is muck.

I'd just call once he raises, if he's hit the over house your getting the chips regardless. once you go again, it shuts down his bluffs, and doesnt give him a chance to hit a draw.
Yeah true i know it's a fold pre, I just felt comfortable taking pots away with lead outs v this player.. ok cool so always call turn and check river, no reason for shoving turn at all if i'm player uber aggressive? maybe he calls light with flush draw str8 draw on turn but would check behind on the river as my flat on the turn looks alot like a made house? Curiousity plus might help for when playing better players.
__________________
Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666
blaaaaaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-11, 04:39   #8
Mellor
Member
 
Mellor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 10,326
yeah, i pretty much agree with Smoothcall, fold pre and flat turn.
Only big made hands get it in on the turn,
There is potential a lot of ways he can improve his hand, if he was semi-bluffing.
I think had you called the turn, the river it is interesting to see which cards uoy lead and which you check
__________________
Mellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-11, 12:33   #9
bustamoves
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaaaaaaah View Post
You should prob read the info again bustamoves, it's a plo cap game and i'm basically shoving in after his reraise on turn.
apologies, ..i meant u reraising the turn...not 3betting...for same reasons as others.
bustamoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-11, 12:40   #10
DeadParrot
Grand High Wizard
 
DeadParrot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 18,713
Agree with what everyone said here.
Flat the turn and get it in on a tasty river, check if it bricks.
__________________
People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
Do you wish to be as happy as me? Be the envy of all your friends, more attractive to the opposite sex, successful in life
https://initiativeq.com/invite/rMlZqFhsQ
DeadParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-11, 16:19   #11
smoothcall
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,167
God, I didnt even see it was a cap game. I might aswell be honest, your call pre is sooooo bad. Horrific, when only 40 bigs effective, no matter how bad he is, it's not profitable. Pre flop hand selection is was more important the shalower the stacks are.

I'd call the turn as I say and lead all rivers where draws get there.

With it being cap there is much more merit to raising again, against a good player shoving might be better. My standard is certainly be call though.
smoothcall is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Thanks From:
Old 17-02-11, 23:07   #12
Mellor
Member
 
Mellor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 10,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustamoves View Post
apologies, ..i meant u reraising the turn...not 3betting...for same reasons as others.
A reraise is the same as a 3bet???

What he means was;
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustamoves View Post
I dont like 3betting the turn because it's very hard for villain to call without a monster and he is rarely or never coming over u again with a bluff because u have basically said u are never folding.
He can't come over with a bluff.
It's 40BB cap for the whole hand, so his raise to $37 is the last money going in. Villain doesn't get an option to raise, nor blaaah to fold.
__________________
Mellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-11, 23:57   #13
bustamoves
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellor View Post
A reraise is the same as a 3bet???

What he means was;

He can't come over with a bluff.
It's 40BB cap for the whole hand, so his raise to $37 is the last money going in. Villain doesn't get an option to raise, nor blaaah to fold.
woops, not familiar with cap games. in fact i always just assumed it was to do with the buyin not pot size.

as for terminology, specifically the reraise to 37 by blaaah, what is it technically? are you saying i should have said 'shove' as opposed to reraise, just curious. tnx
bustamoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-11, 00:17   #14
Mellor
Member
 
Mellor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 10,326
I don't like caps games, not really sure of the point.

Wouldn't of really matter what you said. Re-raise, 3bet or shove would of been all good in this instance
__________________
Mellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-11, 20:00   #15
blaaaaaaah
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,150
Cheers for the feedback guys, I was thinking of shoving the turn on another level v good players would be a good idea as obv they read the game very well and I like to be as hard to read as possible, a flat v this type of player is correct tho cheers lads appreciate it.
__________________
Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666
blaaaaaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Poker Theory, Strategy and Rulings > Omaha, Stud and Other Variants

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:42.