Omaha Equities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omaha Equities

just goin thru some of my losing hands at 20plo and noticed a hand where i iso-ed to get heads up allin with a 93/32

my hand was AcKc2c8s

his hand was Ks7cJsTc

i thought great i have best hand and we have dead money trapped so +++EV but......

when i checked HH in HEM it says villain was 55% pre (me 45% obv)

is this correct and can anyone explain how this can be? Is it solely becuase of his straight possibilities value. I mean i have his high card dominated and his flush draw dominated.

Am i missing something or where is the flaw in my thinking (assuming HEM is correct)

tnx in adv

How many clubs are left to hit? You may have his club flushdraw dominated, but the fact that you hold 3 clubs, and he holds 2, means there are only at most 8 clubs left of which you need to see 3 to flush.

His spade flush has more permutations obviously, as there are only 3 exposed.

He has plenty of straight making combinations, you have very few.

EDIT: Silly billy
    Last edited by Emmet; 26-01-11, 22:33.

Comment

5 clubs are dead and his hand is a lot lot more connected + he has spades.

One card domination doesnt matter as near as much as it does in NLHE

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
        How many clubs are left to hit? You may have his club flushdraw dominated, but the fact that you hold 3 clubs, and he holds 1, means there are only at most 9 clubs left of which you need to see 3 to flush.

His spade flush has more permutations obviously, as there are only 3 exposed.

He has plenty of straight making combinations, you have very few.
        He has 2clubs..and if he didn't then he wouldn't be able to make a club flush
        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Regardless how loose your opponent is your hand is not very strong.
          How many straight possibilities have you?
          ok you have the nut flush draw but the 2 8 with the AK are not much use danglers and bad ones at that. if you swap the 2 for say 9 or Jack gives you more possibilities and should just swing the equity in your favour

Comment

Ye i'm probably not isolating this hand either

Omaha Hi Simulation ?
            600,000 trials (Randomized)
            Hand Equity Wins Ties
            AcKc2c8S 44.22% 254,331 21,999
            32% 55.78% 323,670 21,999

obviously this sim is without stacks, 3b% etc. but still its not a good hand

Comment

Originally posted by Tremolo1 View Post
              Ye i'm probably not isolating this hand either

Omaha Hi Simulation ?
              600,000 trials (Randomized)
              Hand Equity Wins Ties
              AcKc2c8S 44.22% 254,331 21,999
              32% 55.78% 323,670 21,999

obviously this sim is without stacks, 3b% etc. but still its not a good hand
              i guess my NHLE-shaped brain (cell) sees AK and thinks things like, monster, domination, FE...!!!!!!!! shipppppppp !!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X