Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

middle set vs loose-passive (nominally)

ok guys

villain is 62/15 but i only have 35 hands on him.....and no reads as i am mass multitabling

comments would be great

€0.05/€0.10 Pot Limit Omaha Hi
    6 Players
    Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
    Hero (€18.14)
    UTG+1 (€14.19)
    CO (€12.41)
    BTN (€19.10)
    SB (€2.07)
    BB (€9.55)

Pre-Flop: (€0.15, 6 players) Hero is UTG A:club: J:club: J:diamond: A:spade:
    Hero raises to €0.35, 2 folds, BTN calls €0.35, SB calls €0.30, BB calls €0.25

Flop: 5:diamond: K:heart: J:spade: (€1.40, 4 players)
    SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets €1.40, BTN raises to €5.60, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls €4.20

Turn: K:spade: (€12.60, 2 players)
    Hero checks, BTN bets €12.60, [color="#cc0000"][b]Hero?
    Last edited by bustamoves; 12-01-11, 00:46. Reason: mistake

i'd find it tough to fold here tbh
    Last edited by Crow; 12-01-11, 00:48.

Comment

Originally posted by bustamoves
      no jst edited there, tnx delet ur post crow if u wouldnt mind.

no prob

Comment

out of interest, why aren't you getting it all in on the flop?

As played, it's a tough spot. The only hands you're losing to are KK, K5 and KJ, all of which are unlikely (KK is the case two kings, KJ is the case jack, and K5 is unlikely but most possible - AKQ5 hand or something).

He could have a king + straight draw hand here and is happy to get it in on the turn. It's tough for him to put you on a set so he could be happy to get it in with three kings + some draw.
        I think I call here. KK, KJ and K5 are all possible, but I'd think if he had KK or KJ (which as we know is quite unlikely) he might check here to either let you take a stab at representing the KK/KJ or to let you hit your straight/flush draw (in which case you might call a bet on the river) or he would make a bet less than pot. The pot bet doesn't look like a bet that represents the absolute (an ace or Q on the river is all that KJ is worried about) nuts. All that said, he may be trying to get max value out of 55/JJ.
        I think on balance, he's betting without KK/KJ/K5 enough to make this a call.

Comment

Working...
        X