Irish Guineas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irish Guineas

Canford Cliffs is a motorbike, this is a bank job, the more you put down the more you get back, finding money in the street and all that

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    jaysus if u posted it at 3am after coming in pissed i could understand but late morning its probably unforgiveable
    You will eat that post about 3.50 imo

Comment

Canford Cliffs is a LAY. I even think he is worth laying him in the place market.
      Expand please, humour me

Comment

I don't understand how anybody could say that Canford Cliffs is a lay.

Only reason I won't back it is that O'Brien is such a fucking crook and any of this horses could come out and show incredibly improved form and piss it.
        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
          I don't understand how anybody could say that Canford Cliffs is a lay.

Only reason I won't back it is that O'Brien is such a fucking crook and any of this horses could come out and show incredibly improved form and piss it.

Agree 100%, he definitely "stopped" the likes of Fencing Master and Viscount Nelson in the English Guineas, don't know whether they'll be off today either, I mean he's probably waiting for for a nice 47-60 handicap at Clonmel with them.

Comment

your mind is made up, my analysis would be lost on you.
            Not at all Noel, I'm all for arguments for and against a selection.

Comment

I wouldn't back CC with stolen, I'm very confident at least two of the Newmarket runners will reverse form with him. Throw in the ground, the abysmal record of horses in the Irish 2000 who placed in the English equivalent, and the stiffer test today, I would have priced him alot bigger.

I think Dynasty is a cracking e/w punt fwiw.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                Agree 100%, he definitely "stopped" the likes of Fencing Master and Viscount Nelson in the English Guineas, don't know whether they'll be off today either, I mean he's probably waiting for for a nice 47-60 handicap at Clonmel with them.
                Wtf is this?

My point is that his horses can improve out of nowhere and win the thing, he is only interested in winning group one races so you can discard the form of his runners in lesser class as it means absolutely nothing.
                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Wtf is this?

My point is that his horses can improve out of nowhere and win the thing, he is only interested in winning group one races so you can discard the form of his runners in lesser class as it means absolutely nothing.
                  Your point was idiotic and expressed in a libelous manner. Hope this helps.

Comment

music show?
                    http://mobro.co/zuroph
                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
                      music show?
                      Runs tomorrow. Fillies race.

Ground won't be a factor with CC, he won the Civentry last year on fast ground doing handstands. And he pulled hard for 3 furlongs at Newmarket. If he settles today he will ate them (in the best Ted WAlsh accent)

Comment

Your point was idiotic and expressed in a libelous manner. Hope this helps.
                        Idiotic, really. Bring me the proof that its idiotic.

For example I want to hear you explain Beethoven winning the Dewhurst or lets go back to Frozen Fire winning the Derby. Its not just the winners though, its these ones that come in second when he has an odds on favourite in a Group One that really pisses me off and there have been plenty of them with no form but suddenly beat all the best home bar his super odds on fav.

Comment

For example I want to hear you explain Beethoven winning the Dewhurst or lets go back to Frozen Fire winning the Derby. Its not just the winners though, its these ones that come in second when he has an odds on favourite in a Group One that really pisses me off and there have been plenty of them with no form but suddenly beat all the best home bar his super odds on fav.
                          Level?

Comment

jesus Eagle Eye you are a Grade A mug
                            No I have an opinion and I expressed it. That doesn't make me a mug.

I'll tell you what a mug is, somebody who goes around acting the maggot with his finger sticking out of his fly on a video.

Comment

welcome back Mr Flash, how we missed you.
                              I see you just had to respond, the answer you gave is an epic fail.

Comment

This is better then BBV,I'm not leaving.
                                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                  This is better then BBV,I'm not leaving.
                                  You got here too late, its all over, their past the post and no stewards enquiry either.

Comment

You got here too late, its all over, their past the post and no stewards enquiry either.
                                    It's all Greek to me anyway,seems like good craic though.
                                    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Actually that thing with the finger and the fly and the jackal laugh and the dbc and jumping around was pretty fuckin hilarious

Comment

no no no, you are wrong, that alone means that I am a mug.
                                        I'd have found it satisfying if it ended like this

Comment

Dynasty is a great EW shout, although I'll be waiting to see how he is in the paddock before getting on because he's quite the temperamental character!
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Agreed, all those million pound colts appearing out of nowhere to win races. Incredible.

Comment

Agreed, all those million pound colts appearing out of nowhere to win races. Incredible.
                                              I asked you to explain those incredible improvements but you can't so you come out with some pathetic answer.

So lets move on, idiot.

Comment

I asked you to explain those incredible improvements but you can't so you come out with some pathetic answer.

So lets move on, idiot.
                                                What's the point, the fact you even gave Frozen Fire as an example of a horse who showed incredible improvement out of nowhere shows how utterly clueless you are, and then when I point out at least ten reasons why improvement could have been forthcoming, you will be embarassed and go "I was trolling, got you all hahaha" and just look a complete twat to be honest.

Comment

Although I would like to see Canford Cliffs win I can't be having him here. O'Brien will have two pacemakers, Curragh always take more getting than Newmarket. In Newmarket they went a slack pace then sprinted which suited Canford. Not quite a place lay but I can't fancy him.

I'll take Noll Wollop and Fencing Master against the big two.

Comment

What's the point, the fact you even gave Frozen Fire as an example of a horse who showed incredible improvement out of nowhere shows how utterly clueless you are, and then when I point out at least ten reasons why improvement could have been forthcoming, you will be embarassed and go "I was trolling, got you all hahaha" and just look a complete twat to be honest.
                                                    Go on then explain it, and while your at it, seeing as you are able to give so many reasons you might then explain how he hasn't been within a coutry mile of winning a race since then including that 3 runner race which can only be described as a disgrace.

Comment

What about Xtension? Was it you Noel who fancied it recently when finishing forth last time out in the english 2000?
                                                      I thought it ran a credible race that day and could come on nicely for that run.

Comment

Go on then explain it, and while your at it, seeing as you are able to give so many reasons you might then explain how he hasn't been within a coutry mile of winning a race since then including that 3 runner race which can only be described as a disgrace.
                                                        He was head second to Tartan Bearer in a Dante for fuck sake. Clearly a complete dark horse who came from nowhere and showed incredible improvement to win an Irish Derby, let alone an Irish Derby that was as messy as you'll see and a complete farce. This is without even taking into account the improvement O'Brien horses show on their 3rd run of a season, the fact that he was a false price as he blatantly didn't handle Epsom, and the fact that being by Montjeu he was always going to improve for a bit of cut underfoot.

Horses are not machines, especially not temperamental million pound colts, they won't necessarily run to their strengths every race. Also as for your comment about subsequent races, who knows, maybe he didn't train on from 3-4, most likely he wasn't that good in the first place, but he ran within 5lbs of his Curragh performance on every subsequent start according to ORs.

Maybe you should stop just looking at races as a solved problem, like OMG An Irish Derby winner got beat at 8/11 around Chester dog track by a handicapper it's clearly all rigged, is not a great approach to race-reading.
                                                        Last edited by The C Kid; 22-05-10, 13:14.

Comment

He was head second to Tartan Bearer in a Dante for fuck sake. Clearly a complete dark horse who came from nowhere and showed incredible improvement to win an Irish Derby, let alone an Irish Derby that was as messy as you'll see and a complete farce. This is without even taking into account the improvement O'Brien horses show on their 3rd run of a season, the fact that he was a false price as he blatantly didn't handle Epsom, and the fact that being by Montjeu he was always going to improve for a bit of cut underfoot.

Horses are not machines, especially not temperamental million pound colts, they won't necessarily run to their strengths every race. Also as for you comment about subsequent races, who knows, maybe he didn't train on from 3-4, most likely he wasn't that good in the first place, but he ran within 5lbs of his Curragh performance on every subsequent start according to ORs.

Maybe you should stop just looking at races as a solved problem, like OMG An Irish Derby winner got beat at 8/11 around Chester dog track by a handicapper it's clearly all rigged, is not a great approach to race-reading.
                                                          Yeah Allesandro Volta took out two horses, the fav and Curtain Call.

So you are saying that this horse won a derby where his stablemate took out the two horses which were coming to claim the race and the sudden improvement in form. Nothing odd about that win. And then fact that he hasn't won since including that 3 runner race.

Nothing odd about anything thats went on with that horse.

Comment

So you are saying that this horse won a derby where his stablemate took out the two horses which were coming to claim the race and the sudden improvement in form. Nothing odd about that win. And then fact that he hasn't won since including that 3 runner race.

I concede defeat.

Comment

That race still makes me mad. Frozen Fire took advantage of a woeful bit of interference and in hindsight did not deserve to have a Gr1 beside his name. Whereas Tartan Bearer who was taken out by that lunatic, AV, deserves to have a Gr1.

I do think that when you have as many horses as AOB has it can be difficult to know how they match up. Some horses show loads at home and nothing on the racetrack and others are vice versa. So some of the improvements in form as explainable to me. What I do disagree with is the team tactics. All the horses should be coupled with regard to interference. So if a horse with the same owner/trainer interferes with a horse and their stablemate benefits they should be demoted behind the horse that was interfered with.

Comment

Good work Howard.

Very nicely done.

Comment

I fuckin knew it, he is as good as I wanted to believe, The motorbike IMO

Comment

he just about stayed it, lol. i thought the 2/1 was banannas.
                                                                    Supreme is the word for that performance. No question about it.

You just can't give in and admit that you were so so so so wrong.

Comment

Makfi confirmed as better than Sea The Stars.
                                                                      Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                      I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                      None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                        Makfi confirmed as better than Sea The Stars.
                                                                        He will smash makfi if they both turn up in the St James Palace, Hughes got him settled brilliantly today as opposed to Newmarket where he didn't settle for half the race.

Comment

Very amusing thread considering the result.

Its all about opinions...

Comment

Originally posted by npr View Post
                                                                            Although I would like to see Canford Cliffs win I can't be having him here. O'Brien will have two pacemakers, Curragh always take more getting than Newmarket. In Newmarket they went a slack pace then sprinted which suited Canford. Not quite a place lay but I can't fancy him.

I'll take Noll Wollop and Fencing Master against the big two.
                                                                            Ridden with utmost confidence and horse was brilliant on the day. Richard Hannon must be sick of people telling him his milers don't get a mile . Delighted to be totally wrong.

Looks like guineas winners are cheap to buy.

Comment

#39
                                                                              Good call H_F. Some horse when he settles.

Eagle eye, lol

Comment

#40
                                                                                Canford Cliffs will be a superstar imo. Just needs to settle better during the race and he'll be perfection.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Didn't think the mile at the Curragh would suit Canford Cliffs, and would have layed a good chunk on him for other reasons too, but wasn't around to. Also, would have layed a lot of O'Brien's horses. Very unsurprised that Viscount Nelson was the best of his though.

Eagle eye, O'Brien has not been as dominant in the early season for the last few years. Surely its not surprising? Just look at how the development patterns of his horses have changed over the last few years.
                                                                                  Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

#42
                                                                                    I really like the Bolger horse today, and I've no clue how music show could be favourite in any book. There making too much of the draw and was beaten over 6 lengths by Gile na Greine.

The way Bolgers finished the race at Newmarket was really impressive, a fast face will suit today. I suppose Lillie Langtry has to be respected on the pick of her juvenile form. Anna Salai looked better onthe faster ground aswell. I've really been a fan of Lady Darshaan last year.

I'm gonna stick with Gile na Greine, and Lady Darshaan each way.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Termagant at 10/1 is my pick for the 1000. Backing it both Ew and outright. He won a group 1 here back in August leaving both of O'Brien's leading contenders and Gile in his wake albeit on heavy groud. He also won a maiden on good ground at Leop last summer, where the form has stood up very well from the horses he beat there. Size of the field would be a slight worry though.

Also laid Fame and Glory in the gold cup!
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                                        Termagant at 10/1 is my pick for the 1000. Backing it both Ew and outright. He won a group 1 here back in August leaving both of O'Brien's leading contenders and Gile in his wake albeit on heavy groud. He also won a maiden on good ground at Leop last summer, where the form has stood up very well from the horses he beat there. Size of the field would be a slight worry though.

Also laid Fame and Glory in the gold cup!
                                                                                        She

Comment

Working...
                                                                                        X