No announcement yet.

GAA Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems a bit odd alright that he's 4/1 , Kilkenny is 7/2 and McCaffery is 4/9 - yet to win footballer of the year o' connor is 12/1 Mccaffery 20/1 and Kilkenny 33/1....?

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
      Seems a bit odd alright that he's 4/1 , Kilkenny is 7/2 and McCaffery is 4/9 - yet to win footballer of the year o' connor is 12/1 Mccaffery 20/1 and Kilkenny 33/1....?
      Yeah I agree I personally thought from performances I seen I would have thought Kilkenny was much shorter, I remember seeing two outings where he had about double the touches of any other Dublin forward(nice to see stats like that displayed btw). I can't see McCaffery being that much of a fav

Comment

Yeah that's the angle I was coming at, McCaffrey is too short by a mile, any of Mannion, KK or COC have an outstanding final they'll get it. McCaffrey was pretty tattooed against Kerry.

Comment

Dublin to win 1-3 points at 10/3

Over points

Over goals

Over Cillian O Connor points

Vs Paul Flynn in all match bets (love the guy but he's playing a diff role)

MDMA for player of the year at 8s

Anyone for YPOTY - the hype around Jack is silly. The people who judge these awards do so by weighing the last two games with 70% of the vote. the "of the year" thing is just a stupid throw-away comment
          GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
            Yeah that's the angle I was coming at, McCaffrey is too short by a mile, any of Mannion, KK or COC have an outstanding final they'll get it. McCaffrey was pretty tattooed against Kerry.
            The young FOTY award in my opinion has become more of a 16th All-Star award.
            A lot of the players who have won this award in recent years can count themselves very unlucky not to have won an All-Star the same year. Most notably Cillian O'Connor 2012 & Tommy Walsh 2008.
            Excluding Aidan Walsh in 2010 the last All-Star/YFOTY double was done done by Sean Cavanagh in 2003.

Not a market to be getting heavily involved in I think, perhaps backing the unluckiest of the above players missing out an All-Star being the best move.
            "the impossible is often untried"

Comment

see pp are money back if brogan scores a goal anytime,(max 100)
              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                Coolest initials/acronym thing ever? Had never noticed that before until this post

edit : small bets to keep it interesting for me - over 36.5 points total and ciaran kilkenny(9/2)motm
                Last edited by BobSloane; 22-09-13, 10:45.

Comment

latest odds. I cant look past MDMA myself but A O Shea has gone to 20/1. a little large perhaps? Is this vote decided by intercounty players?

Comment

Originally posted by steve View Post
                    http://www.oddschecker.com/gaelic-ga...er-of-the-year

latest odds. I cant look past MDMA myself but A O Shea has gone to 20/1. a little large perhaps? Is this vote decided by intercounty players?
                    Quite large, but failed to impress in the most important match. Didn't do much in the Semi's either.
                    His brother played better in the last two games.

Comment

Originally posted by steve View Post
                      http://www.oddschecker.com/gaelic-ga...er-of-the-year

I'll be shocked if this gong isn't picked up by MDMA or BB. I have MDMA at 8's but I'm tempted to back him again at 15/8. There's no question he deserves it imo, brilliant in every match

Comment

Make him 2/5 now. I'd be all-in at 15/8 if I wasn't already on from 66s down to 8s.

Comment

Originally posted by kpnuts View Post
                          Make him 2/5 now. I'd be all-in at 15/8 if I wasn't already on from 66s down to 8s.
                          You can fk off if you think im laying that too!!!!

Comment

4/6 now. And I think that's a good bet.

Comment

Flynn and Connolly shouldn't be as long as they are but MDMA is pretty nailed on alright.

Comment

Dublin to win 1-3 points at 10/3

Over points

Over goals

Over Cillian O Connor points

Vs Paul Flynn in all match bets (love the guy but he's playing a diff role)

Anyone for YPOTY - the hype around Jack is silly. The people who judge these awards do so by weighing the last two games with 70% of the vote. the "of the year" thing is just a stupid throw-away comment
                                Cillian O C is 1/4 from 3/1+ when tipped
                                MDMA 1/2

hope someone followed above
                                GAA News Website

Comment

Like under 2.5 goals @ Evens in the hurling replay.

Was on No Goalscorer, U2.5 & U3.5 first day, looked like getting complete scoop for about 50 minutes. Ultimately very hairy getting even the 3.5 home (thank you Patrick Kelly!) but keeping the faith for Saturday.

Neither side was set up for goals all year and I think defences will be tighter again having had the extra couple of weeks' preparation for each other.

Comment

Originally posted by kpnuts View Post
                                    Like under 2.5 goals @ Evens in the hurling replay.

Was on No Goalscorer, U2.5 & U3.5 first day, looked like getting complete scoop for about 50 minutes. Ultimately very hairy getting even the 3.5 home (thank you Patrick Kelly!) but keeping the faith for Saturday.

Neither side was set up for goals all year and I think defences will be tighter again having had the extra couple of weeks' preparation for each other.
                                    Or not!

Comment

Seems to be a bit of value about Moorefield today vs Sarsfields. Flynn sent off vs Athy and will be a big loss to Moorefield but Sarsfields have no recognised midfielder other than Earley who is unlikely to start.
                                      Moorefield are 4/5 with Boyles and definitely represent value imo.
                                      Athy were my pick this year again and Moorefield getting over the line vs them, coupled with the fact Athy gave Sarsfields a decent beating earlier this season definitely gives Moorefield the edge.

Comment

st.martins are 6/4 aganst clara in the kilkenny senior semi final at 2, this is a 50/50 game so there's a bit of value in st. martins imo
                                        https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

ive gone with this treble for todays hurling action.

Ballymartle +5 vs Sarsfields @ evens
                                          Oulart the Ballagh -3 vs Ferns St Aidans @ 6/5
                                          Midleton -3 vs Na Piarsaigh @ 10/11

Comment

Couple of nice bets in Leinster club hurling this weekend

Oulart the Ballagh 11/10 v Clara. Oulart have won the last 5 Wexford championships and have performed well in Leinster too, beating the likes of James Stephens and Ballyhale Shamrocks in recent years. Clara only won their 2nd ever KK championship on Sunday and taking into account the celebrations and lack of recovery time its a big ask for them against experienced Oulart

Mount Leinster Rangers 11/10 v Castletown Geoghan. Similar to Oulart, MLR have been the form team in Carlow hurling, winning the last 3 championships and 6 of the last 8. Castletown last won Westmeath in 2004 and despite the game being on in Mullingar I'd fancy the more experienced Carlow outfit to win this

Both prices from Boyles. 2 singles and a double

Comment

Yeah Oulart price looks miles off.

Comment

Vincents 7/4 Vs Mun a bet for anyone?

Comment

Seems to be a bit of support for Oulart when I posted it elsewhere aswell. Clara have apparently hit the drink hard.
                                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                    Couple of nice bets in Leinster club hurling this weekend

Oulart the Ballagh 11/10 v Clara. Oulart have won the last 5 Wexford championships and have performed well in Leinster too, beating the likes of James Stephens and Ballyhale Shamrocks in recent years. Clara only won their 2nd ever KK championship on Sunday and taking into account the celebrations and lack of recovery time its a big ask for them against experienced Oulart

Mount Leinster Rangers 11/10 v Castletown Geoghan. Similar to Oulart, MLR have been the form team in Carlow hurling, winning the last 3 championships and 6 of the last 8. Castletown last won Westmeath in 2004 and despite the game being on in Mullingar I'd fancy the more experienced Carlow outfit to win this

Both prices from Boyles. 2 singles and a double

Oulart 0-20 Clara 2-11
                                                    Mount Leinster Rangers 1-15 Castletown Geoghan 1-13

Ka-Ching

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                      Oulart 0-20 Clara 2-11
                                                      Mount Leinster Rangers 1-15 Castletown Geoghan 1-13

Ka-Ching
                                                      My reputation in the village depended on this Thank you kindly
                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

I may look like an idiot for posting this, but having backed them to win @6/4 already in the 1st round of Munster, I am on Milltown/Malbay @2/1 v Currow in the Munster Intermediate club football semi this weekend.

I have a good bit of knowledge on both teams and while I think it will be tight, honestly fancy M/M to shade it at home..in what is an absolute runt of a spot to get a result!

Might aswell throw it out there that I've backed Glenswilly @3/1 to win Ulster Senior club aswell..have beaten recent AI champs St Galls already and now have an easier path to final, while the winners of Crossmaglen/Kilcoo duke it out with Ballinderry.

Cross have lost Aaron Kernan, James Morgan and Jamie Clarke..arguably their 3 best players..huge losses to any club side. They were lucky to get a draw v Kilcoo last week and to be honest having seen Kilcoo play a bit over the last season or 2, they are average at best in terms of the top level clubs. Cross may struggle through this and may even get over Ballinderry as the semi is in Armagh..but with a real physical powerhouse like Murphy up front and another top county player like Neil Gallagher in the middle (both men ideally suited to winter football) I think Glenswilly are an excellent bet at the price.
                                                        "Ne jamais perdre sa passsionne...ou s'en, éloigner vite!!!!..EC

Comment

Originally posted by ciarraithuaidh View Post
                                                          I may look like an idiot for posting this, but having backed them to win @6/4 already in the 1st round of Munster, I am on Milltown/Malbay @2/1 v Currow in the Munster Intermediate club football semi this weekend.

I have a good bit of knowledge on both teams and while I think it will be tight, honestly fancy M/M to shade it at home..in what is an absolute runt of a spot to get a result!

Might aswell throw it out there that I've backed Glenswilly @3/1 to win Ulster Senior club aswell..have beaten recent AI champs St Galls already and now have an easier path to final, while the winners of Crossmaglen/Kilcoo duke it out with Ballinderry.

Cross have lost Aaron Kernan, James Morgan and Jamie Clarke..arguably their 3 best players..huge losses to any club side. They were lucky to get a draw v Kilcoo last week and to be honest having seen Kilcoo play a bit over the last season or 2, they are average at best in terms of the top level clubs. Cross may struggle through this and may even get over Ballinderry as the semi is in Armagh..but with a real physical powerhouse like Murphy up front and another top county player like Neil Gallagher in the middle (both men ideally suited to winter football) I think Glenswilly are an excellent bet at the price.
                                                          M/M won by 1..Crossmaglen beaten by Kilcoo aswell, so Glenswilly's path looking a bit smoother as a result. Nice one.

Comment

M/M won by 1..Crossmaglen beaten by Kilcoo aswell, so Glenswilly's path looking a bit smoother as a result. Nice one.
                                                            well done. you sussed that out well. i've not looked at ulster prices now but how will it affect the prices? will kilcoo move into favs or what?

U obv got the MM result spot on. was listening to bits of coverage on clare fm. shade it they did and home adv made the difference in a pitch i only know oo well is horrid for visitors. played many a game there.

Comment

Originally posted by bustamoves View Post
                                                              well done. you sussed that out well. i've not looked at ulster prices now but how will it affect the prices? will kilcoo move into favs or what?

U obv got the MM result spot on. was listening to bits of coverage on clare fm. shade it they did and home adv made the difference in a pitch i only know oo well is horrid for visitors. played many a game there.
                                                              Yeah Milltown-Malbay is a hoor of a spot in the winter alright! M/M were the better team all through I'm told, just fell asleep a bit when they went 5 up in the last quarter. Themselves and Clyda Rovers will be a tough battle now.

I'd imagine Ulster club odds will be close between Ballinderry and Glenswilly now..I don't rate Kilcoo very highly, I think they're the 3rd best team left myself. Glenswilly play Roslea of Fermanagh next Sun and should win that comfortably setting up a final with winners of Ballinderry v Kilcoo..I fancy Ballinderry to win that. Glenswilly were 3/1 on Friday which I snaffled ((c) Keane) but they'll be shorter now.

Also, whatever clown made Corofin one of the favourites for the AI and big favs for Connacht looks pretty silly tonight...Brigids at 11/8 last week looks a great bet now.

Comment

Glens willy.

Snigger.
                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Comment

moorefield to beat portloise in the leinster semi their a big strong team well suited to winter ball

Comment

I'd imagine Ulster club odds will be close between Ballinderry and Glenswilly now..I don't rate Kilcoo very highly, I think they're the 3rd best team left myself. Glenswilly play Roslea of Fermanagh next Sun and should win that comfortably setting up a final with winners of Ballinderry v Kilcoo..I fancy Ballinderry to win that. Glenswilly were 3/1 on Friday which I snaffled ((c) Keane) but they'll be shorter now.
                                                                      PP have made Kilcoo favs for this @13/8 now, Ballinderry 7/4 and Glen 15/8.

Think they over-rated Cross and are doing the same to Kilcoo, so still advocating Glenswilly at 15/8 being a decent bet. Ballinderry are 11/10 v Kilcoo and will also have a nibble at that.

Comment

Sixmilebridge at 12/5? I know Midleton have a few big names but is the gap that much?
                                                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

well it reps value tipp because I thought it would of been like 6/4 for SMB AND 1/2 midleton!
                                                                          the weather will make a big difference as well
                                                                          https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

My bet will be Clyda against Ballyporeen. Even at 1/3 im pretty certain it is buying money.
                                                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                              Sixmilebridge at 12/5? I know Midleton have a few big names but is the gap that much?
                                                                              I'm on board this train already. Luke O'Farrell is out and surely the Bridge will have a plan to stop Lehane that will be better than the "hide under a pile of coats" strategy employed by Sars in the Cork final!

Comment

I'm on board this train already. Luke O'Farrell is out and surely the Bridge will have a plan to stop Lehane that will be better than the "hide under a pile of coats" strategy employed by Sars in the Cork final!
                                                                                Any idea of Clyda Rovers? I know your more a football man and from Kerry/Cork?

I know almost nothing about them but I am aware of Ballyporeen been extremely average.
                                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Any idea of Clyda Rovers? I know your more a football man and from Kerry/Cork?

I know almost nothing about them but I am aware of Ballyporeen been extremely average.
                                                                                  Whats this Kerry/Cork about....Surely the username says it all!

Anyway, Clyda have been focused for past 2 weeks on this after boozing for a while after county final. They should win this easily enough and set up a Munster final with Milltown/Malbay that right now is too close to call.

Comment

Whats this Kerry/Cork about....Surely the username says it all!

Anyway, Clyda have been focused for past 2 weeks on this after boozing for a while after county final. They should win this easily enough and set up a Munster final with Milltown/Malbay that right now is too close to call.
                                                                                    Good enough for me Ballyporeen are weak. Im half tempted to go against aother Tipp team and make it a double. I cant see Youghal getting turned over by Ballina. Cork Intermediate is a high standard and the system in Tipp is horrific with too many senior teams.
                                                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

HT Ballyporeen as good as gone already. Youghal up by 2 or 3 I think. Sixmilebridge ahead to Midleton although I didnt indulge in that.
                                                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Sixmilebridge won by 4.
                                                                                        Clyda won by 8.
                                                                                        Also Youghal won by 3.

Local GAA continues to be a profitable market for people like us!

P.S: Glenswilly 6 up on Roslea and Ballinderry 5 up on Kilcoo, hopefully PP were way off there aswell.
                                                                                        Last edited by ciarraithuaidh; 17-11-13, 15:24.

Comment

Ballinderry beat Kilcoo with 13 men by 4.
                                                                                          Glenswilly beat Roslea by 4.

Glenswilly v B'derry final as I predicted.

Comment

I can't believe Oulart the Ballagh are available @ 4/9 to beat Mt.Leinster. Oulart are clearly a very decent outfit having beaten the KK champions and Kilcormac who reached the final last March. Mt Leinster came throuh the soft side of a very unbalanced draw after scraping by the Westmeath champions and a Ballyboden side who rarely do much outside Dublin. Oulart will crush these guys in the final. Free money imo

Comment

Originally posted by conspicuous View Post
                                                                                              I can't believe Oulart the Ballagh are available @ 4/9 to beat Mt.Leinster. Oulart are clearly a very decent outfit having beaten the KK champions and Kilcormac who reached the final last March. Mt Leinster came throuh the soft side of a very unbalanced draw after scraping by the Westmeath champions and a Ballyboden side who rarely do much outside Dublin. Oulart will crush these guys in the final. Free money imo
                                                                                              Forgot to check if the prices were up till now, thanks for heads up. Been on Oulart every game to date in Leinster and see no reason why not to get on this also

Comment

No worries Kev and cheers for your tips of late, and to everyone else who is contributing. this thread

Comment

Boyles unlikely to make a mess of this when they price it I assume?
                                                                                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Miltown Malbay to beat Clyda Rovers? Thoughts?

Apparently Ballyporeen had a lot of things go against them...disallowed goal that should have been and a ref who went with Clyda. The lads who went in said Clyda were always going to win but maybe the margin flattered and as I said I dont rate Bally. If there was anyone of the opinion Miltown are worth a punt I would indulge.
                                                                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Miltown Malbay to beat Clyda Rovers? Thoughts?

Apparently Ballyporeen had a lot of things go against them...disallowed goal that should have been and a ref who went with Clyda. The lads who went in said Clyda were always going to win but maybe the margin flattered and as I said I dont rate Bally. If there was anyone of the opinion Miltown are worth a punt I would indulge.
                                                                                                      Fancy Clyda to shade it tbh Tipp, based on what I've seen myself and heard from reliable sources. As I suspected the bookies have erred on the side of caution having been burned twice by M/M already.

Was considering backing both Summerhill and Moorefield, but after considering it (even though I think Summerhill are a ridiculous price) I think home advantage will be a big factor and Vincents and Portlaoise will go through.

Portlaoise at 7/2 might be worth a punt for Leinster, given they are very experienced at this level.

Comment

Fancy Clyda to shade it tbh Tipp, based on what I've seen myself and heard from reliable sources. As I suspected the bookies have erred on the side of caution having been burned twice by M/M already.

Was considering backing both Summerhill and Moorefield, but after considering it (even though I think Summerhill are a ridiculous price) I think home advantage will be a big factor and Vincents and Portlaoise will go through.

Portlaoise at 7/2 might be worth a punt for Leinster, given they are very experienced at this level.
                                                                                                        Good enough for me to avoid it.
                                                                                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Just walked into a PP and see Dr.Crokes 1/20 favs v Cratloe
                                                                                                          LoL was my first reaction and I think that will be cratloe's aswell.

Dr.crokes gotta be well odds on but 1/20??

No way can they be such certainties. I expect cratloe to give them a game. If it were kilmurry ibrickane that came out of clare would they be such underdogs?

This is not something I'm too well informed about but I'm assuming cratloe are a fairly decent outfit having been there or tgere abouts in clare the last few years and hearing they'd been very impressive in beating kilmurry ib on their way to their first county title at senior in their history.

Interested to hear ciarriathu's thoughts.

Possible handicap opportunity?

Comment

Originally posted by bustamoves View Post
                                                                                                            Just walked into a PP and see Dr.Crokes 1/20 favs v Cratloe
                                                                                                            LoL was my first reaction and I think that will be cratloe's aswell.

Dr.crokes gotta be well odds on but 1/20??

No way can they be such certainties. I expect cratloe to give them a game. If it were kilmurry ibrickane that came out of clare would they be such underdogs?

This is not something I'm too well informed about but I'm assuming cratloe are a fairly decent outfit having been there or tgere abouts in clare the last few years and hearing they'd been very impressive in beating kilmurry ib on their way to their first county title at senior in their history.

Interested to hear ciarriathu's thoughts.

Possible handicap opportunity?
                                                                                                            Can't see a handicap market available..backing Cratloe even at 20/1..no thanks. Crokes are just light years ahead of them football wise, if not fitness wise. I wouldn't even back Cratloe +10 tbh.

Crokes, Ballinderry, Brigids and Portlaoise look like potential provincial winners to me.

Comment

The problem with football at this time of year is that it can really bring the gap between great teams and bad teams down if the weather kicks up, especially for a team like Crokes whose power is in their forward line.

Not to say 1/20 is a particularly short price, at a guess they'd probably lose this game 5 or 6 times out of 100. The fact that everyone keeps talking about how Kilmurray-Ibrickane nearly caught them on the hop last year is not a good thing for Cratloe.

Comment

The problem with football at this time of year is that it can really bring the gap between great teams and bad teams down if the weather kicks up, especially for a team like Crokes whose power is in their forward line.

Not to say 1/20 is a particularly short price, at a guess they'd probably lose this game 5 or 6 times out of 100. The fact that everyone keeps talking about how Kilmurray-Ibrickane nearly caught them on the hop last year is not a good thing for Cratloe.
                                                                                                                Prob not win the gme 5 or 6 times outta 100. Lose the game 1 or 2 times

The draw, must underrated result in GAA
                                                                                                                GAA News Website

Comment

Prob not win the gme 5 or 6 times outta 100. Lose the game 1 or 2 times

The draw, must underrated result in GAA
                                                                                                                  Yeah, you're right of course.

Comment

Id prob take handicap betting on Summerhill though

dont vinnies have suspensions?
                                                                                                                    GAA News Website

Comment

Id prob take handicap betting on Summerhill though

dont vinnies have suspensions?
                                                                                                                      Brennan & Connolly both out AFAIK. Davy Dalton should be back for Summerhill for the first time in ages as well I think.

Comment

Brennan & Connolly both out AFAIK. Davy Dalton should be back for Summerhill for the first time in ages as well I think.
                                                                                                                        both of these factors are massive and not counted into the pricing youd imagine. This game would very rarely be a blow out
                                                                                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

both of these factors are massive and not counted into the pricing youd imagine. This game would very rarely be a blow out
                                                                                                                          Surely they've factored in Connolly and Brennan? Possibly not done anything about Davy Dalton though, price looks too big in any case, not convinced Vincent's are any great shakes, definitely not without the two boyos.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X