AA on FT bubble against good reg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AA on FT bubble against good reg

This was on .fr Villan was an unknown to me but seemed to be by far the best player I've played with on the site. Had been at the table under 50 hands and has constantly been putting me in tough spots and making life absolute hell for me. He was playing 44/38/50 (mostly 4 handed) or something around that. I've been limping or folding every sb against him.

I've generally been passive against him while aggro against the other 2 fish on the table. Mostly just been bluff catching with medium strength hands and letting him barrel off to me.

The only hand he raised and after I limped the sb that went to showdown he had J3o but since then he started checking back more. I had shown down hands as strong as AT after completing along with a suited ace or 2 and JT once I think. Hadn't really shown down much else. This was my 1st l/r though. I was certain he wouldn't automatically put me on AA after it.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 20 Tournament, 4,000/8,000 Blinds 1,000 Ante (4 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Button (t338,727)
    Hero (SB) (t350,946)
    BB (t754,593)
    UTG (t208,062)

Hero's M: 21.93

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A
    2 folds, Hero calls t4,000, BB bets t20,000, Hero raises to t46,177, BB calls t26,177

Flop: (t96,354) 6, 4, 7 (2 players)
    Hero bets t48,297, BB calls t48,297

Turn: (t192,948) 8 (2 players)
    Hero ??????

I thought about pretty much every option here and didn't really like any of them.

Also whats the plan for different rivers if we bet or c/c
    Last edited by GaryT; 19-05-13, 17:21.

3 betting a little bit bigger oop something like 52-53kish prob check calling turn re-evaluate river calling most non heart rivers i think

Comment

Bit more pre for sure, sets up a good SPR to go bet-shove over two streets and villains peel/4b freq with position/depth/dynamic is gonna be fairly static to sizing since our l/r range on a FT bubble against a covering stack looks strong regardless

OTT call/reeval seems best, obv calling non- rivers when villain probably floats this flop anywhere from 70%-100% of the time. Don't like b/anything or c/shove for the same reason
      "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Yeah 3bet heavier, 56-60k, much bigger bet post flop, not many turn cards you're going to like.

Looks like an overpair imo.

Comment

ill take it you have limped raised a few times to balance your range if not not this is really bad against the best player you have played with on the site your turning your hand face up hear he will just have a field day with your range hear in postion and if this is the case im calling 3 streets no matter what the board runs out as he is playing of your range like what other hands you going to do this with v agro player out of postion when 80% to 100% your getting flatted hear ?

oops just seen there its 4 handed ill still leave that up anyway
          Last edited by jazzyfish; 20-05-13, 17:00.

Comment

Cheers guys pretty much what I thought at the time. I was probably not folding on heart rivers though because I think he will bluff them close to 100% of the time.

Pre I had 51k type out and changed my mind because I didn't want him to fold at all and I had not 3 bet oop at all yet so didn't think he could exploit this. I also felt he was the type of the player who wasn't going to go nuts pre and shove over a 3/5bet light.

Flop sizing was also a lot smaller than I wanted to go on a board this draw heavy. I didn't want to make a big change to my cbet sizing from previous 3bet pots where all my cbets had been slightly over or under my 3bet sizing on mostly dryish boards. I was just trying to give him every possible reason to spew.

I'm pretty sure I overthought all this as I was only playing 3 tables at the time and was almost following too closely!

Does the plan change when on the turn he bets 28,000?

Comment

Was running deep on a $55 tourney on mon night to stone bubble with QQ to AA, 16 with 15 get paid, was chip leader dwn to last 30 then lost a couple of races to leave me with average chips

Comment

Originally posted by chrissylogue View Post
                Was running deep on a $55 tourney on mon night to stone bubble with QQ to AA, 16 with 15 get paid, was chip leader dwn to last 30 then lost a couple of races to leave me with average chips
                i thank you for your input on GaryTs behalf

Comment

Working...
                X