Pre-flop decision with a small pair in €35 freeze-out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-flop decision with a small pair in €35 freeze-out

38 runners, down to the last 17. Blinds are 1k/2k/200, average stack is ~34k.

I have ~36k in chips and I'm in the SB with 22, and two players have called the BB in early position. I contemplated a ship as I was below average at this point, and there was close to 9k in the middle. I decide against it and call the 1k more, hoping to maybe win a huge pot if another 2 flops.

The BB then makes it 10k to go, and the other two limpers get out of the way and action is back on myself. The BB is pretty loose and I don't give them credit for a strong starting hand in this spot based on how they have been playing so far tonight.

I ship for ~26k more.....

Top 5 were getting paid so I wanted to go flat-out for the win, which played
    a part in my decision as I had no intention in folding my way to a €44 or €70 cash.

Have I made any glaring mistakes?

In hindsight I think I should have shipped when action first came around to me, but I'd be interested in what all you more experienced players have to say on this.

Played fine fold now. Player who raised cant fold to your ship and you are flipping at absolute best or crushed.

I imagine this is a pub game given average stack at this point in the tourn. If not find a better game to play

Comment

Limping pre flop is fine but just fold to the raise imo.

Comment

No fold equity and a hand that is worse than average yadda yadda

Comment

Would like to see the stacks of the players who limped before you but at some tables I'd ship from the SB with 22. Unlikely to be called. Might choose to set mine also, particularly if I thought the 2 limpers are in the habit of limping big pairs from early pos. As played once you limp along and the BB ships it is a pretty clear fold for the reasons already posted..

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
            No fold equity and a hand that is worse than average yadda yadda
            +1
            Jesus Christ WAS Married.

Comment

Easy fold now. Even agaisnt a very generous range you're not making money here.
              I prefer limp/fold over shipping when it first gets to you.

Comment

Working...
              X