Bet voided by Bodog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bet voided by Bodog

I'm sure this topic has been covered before but here we go... I spotted that Bodog were making Barclona +1 @ EVS for the 90 minutes this week when everyone else is roughly going this price for Barcalona -1 so I obviously capitalised and had a bet. I decided to not go mad and just have €500 on it. It took the bet no problem but 10 minutes later, the money was returned to my account. I rang them and asked what the story was. I was told a manager would call me back. 20 minutes later, I get an email saying the following:

"Thank you for contacting Bodog Customer Service.

Please note that your bet #175322445 has been voided as the market ( +1) was incorrect on the website. We are pleased to inform you that, the stake amount was returned to your account. Also note that the correct market has been updated on the website ( -1). Feel free to go ahead and place your bet.

Wager Single #175322445 (Placed by Web)
    UEFA Champions League Handicap (1x2)
    FC Barcelona vs Internazionale
    FC BARCELONA (1.0) EVENS,

Risked EU€ 550.00 to win EU€ 550.00
    Redeemed EU€ 50.00 bonus.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know."

I then wrote the following in reply:

"The mistake is not my fault, it's yours. For instance, if I had placed a bet at say 2/1 and then realised that I could get the same bet on a different site at 4/1, would you give me my money back?

I am expecting the courtesy of a call back on my mobile +353 8x xxxxxxx as promised to discuss this matter further."

Anyone have experience of this situation?

pretty standard unfortunately. it's generally in their rules that if they make a clear error like that that the bet can be made void.

Comment

Fair play to Bodog, they could just as easily have canceled the bet after the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Flipper View Post
        We are pleased to inform you that, the stake amount was returned to your account. Also note that the correct market has been updated on the website ( -1). Feel free to go ahead and place your bet.
        Smarmy.
        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Standard, they actually handed it very well by getting it sorted before the off.
          Bookies aren't actually obliged to pay out on any bet.

Comment

Yeah i dont see why you're in the slightest bit bothered by this. It's completely standard and they're doing nothing wrong. If a suit is wrongly marked as $10.00 instead of $1000 it's just an invitation to treat. Sucks because it looks like you're getting a sick deal, but noone is infallible and everyone makes mistakes like these so it would be ludicrous if that kind of human error was binding.
            Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Working...
            X