Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plo cooler??

IO PLO side event

level 6, blinds 200/400, i've averagish stack ~16k, villain has double - he is the value imo (LOL) has limped alot and has got v lucky a couple of times to get his stack - he doubled me up when we both turned the nuts but i had the nut redraw and hit

anyway he open raises to 950 from mp, this looked like aa../kk.. because i can't remember him doing anything other than limping

i call out of the sb with A8ddKQcc

two to the flop (2300)

Qx Jh 8h

i check, he bets 2k and I call??

turn Qh (6300)

i check, he bets 3k and i pot??

he obv snaps with QJ

cooler i suppose? i just pissed that i handed my stack to this muppet tbh!

I'm not convinced check raising the turn is the best line, but thats only because I fear it might not get the most value, not because I ever want to fold

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
      I'm not convinced check raising the turn is the best line, but thats only because I fear it might not get the most value, not because I ever want to fold
      i thought about that at the time, i thought it was a better way of getting his money in the middle than flatting and leading the river?

how would you have played it? thanks btw

Comment

I think for the price, double suited, with strong knowledge of what he is holding preflop is fine, as long as you are willing to fight to win the pot when the board comes low connected

I honestly dont know what I think is the best value line, probably leading turn and river is the best overall, and once you check I definitely call. I personally dont almost ever check call lead river, but it seems viable, as is check call check river, because its a very thin range that is paying you off.

I would agonise heavily before calling turn, hopefully induces something spazzy or a value bet by a flush

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
          +1
          Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

I'd probably have floded pre. As you call its tricky.
            I'm gonna lead on this flop for about 1500, check calling here sucks IMO.

Comment

Preflop thats not a hand you want to play against a tight raiser 40BB deep. Lower rundows and possibly double paired hands JJ and lower but I'm still learning the game so I'm thinking of the hands that have 'coolered' me at the beginning when I overplayed AAxx KKxx hands.

Comment

Working...
              X