The Open Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Open Championship

Looking forward to this week i must say.

Stenson
    Fowler
    Donald
    Holmes
    Goosen

All backed.

Hoping Rose, DJ, Spieth and Day fuck off nice early.

GL fellas.

Rp Tips below.

Racing Post Selections - Jeremy Chapman - 2ew Scott, 1.5 ew Oosthuizen & D Johnson, 1ew Matsuyama, 0.5ew Goosen

Racing Post Open Selections - Steve Palmer - Palmer: 2ew Kaymer, 2ew Fowler, 1ew Grace, 0.5ew Schwartzel & Koepka

Kaymer
    Harrington
    Lowry
    Reed
    Fowler

For me. No work till Tuesday, hopefully be back from connaught final in time to see some of it on Sunday
    airport, lol

Comment

Hard to beat an Open week at St Andrews.

Presume BBC coverage from early doors tomorrow?

Gonna have a look now but Ooshuizen & Kaymer probably my two with maybe a couple of big priced Yanks to try scoop some EW money.

The outsider wildcard landed on Brian Harman & also added Lowry as my home card.

GL all.
      Last edited by Dice75; 15-07-15, 12:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
        Hard to beat an Open week at St Andrews.

Presume BBC coverage from early doors tomorrow?

Gonna have a look now but Ooshuizen & Kaymer probably my two with maybe a couple of big priced Yanks to try scoop some EW money.
        Can't wait for a bit of Ken on the course. Will he go with the BBC coverage or do sky take him on board?
        airport, lol

Comment

Kaymer 40/1
          Harrington 175/1
          Pepperell 200/1

Greg Owen FRL 300/1

Prefer US Majors now as I get to see more of it.

Not playing golf this weekend so hopefully this buys me some time on Sunday afternoon. Might watch some in work tomorrow and Friday if I can get away with it.
          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Betfair are doing 8 places also. Paying out to max stake of 25 ew on 7th and 8th places though.
            airport, lol

Comment

Gonna add Greg Owen too actually
              airport, lol

Comment

F Molinari
                T Fleetwood (heard some good reports about this lad and his particular liking for St And)

Both EW

Comment

Went for one good e-w bet instead of a few. I think it's Sergio's week.

Small bet on Poulter at 66s and JB Holmes at 60s to be first round leader.

Comment

Stenson & Fowler main bets
                    Scatter gun approach on my e/w fancies
                    Fleetwood / Z.Johnson / F.molinari / byeong-hun /weisberger / jaidee

Comment

stenson
                      kaymer
                      gimenez
                      johnson

Comment

Outsiders that catch my attention....

JB Holmes 90/1
                        R.Palmer 125/1
                        J.Dufner 125/1
                        MA Jimenez 175/1
                        T.Aiken 250/1

Paddy Power offering the value with 7 places

Main bet on S.Lowry... Bet based on his ability, fondness of links, my sentiment & patriotism...
                        "the impossible is often untried"

Comment

Originally posted by theduster View Post

Paddy Power offering the value with 7 places
                          Done a couple of outsiders hoping to get a place sweat myself but in fairness e/w betting in golf for a serious punter is akin to trying to beat a 60% rake in poker.

Comment

I miss Kincem

Comment

McDowell and Lowry e/w for me

Comment

Also added Westwood 90, Warren 170, R Fisher 210
                                Last edited by rounders123; 16-07-15, 07:56. Reason: top up

Comment

Danny Lee @ 150

David Lingmerth @ 400
                                  Profit before people.

Comment

bubba .... really think st andrews will suit his game.

wanted to put a bet on a south african winner would have louis, grace, schwartzel, els etc but price seems to come under rest of world winner which draws in the odds too much. maybe have to make a odds request for it.

grace won the alfred on this course in 2012. if that stat is of any use to anybody.

Anyone but spleith dont like the cut of his jib.

Comment

So many odd balls win the Open. Its like the redemption tournament.

Comment

Lowry and Furyk outright.

Think Jimmy walker for his 3 ball

Comment

...Harrington. Harrington and Harrington are my 3 main bets...
                                          ...Snedeker and McDowell each way and woods out right are my saviour bets...But it's all about one man...

Comment

Fowler & Koepka

Comment

Lee, Z Johnson, Wiesberger, Grace

Still debating weather to pull the trigger on Speith

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                I miss Kincem
                                                Why did he stop posting again??

Comment

Speith is the main bet.

EW on:
                                                  Mark Warren @150/1
                                                  Matsuyama @40/1

Double on Lowry top Irsh player @10/11 and Matsuyama top Asian @6/5

Comment

The weather usually plays apart in these and can change fast in Scotland but current forecast says grand in general tomorrow. Friday will be worst to be out in the afternoon.. High Winds. So for a position point of view would like a late starter tomorrow to get the better morning conditions Friday.

Scott, Kaymer Stenson, Fowler, Casey Grace.....seems to be stand out of the better draws.

I noticed Scott went back to his old putter again/ presume thats the plan. +
                                                    Kaymer/Stenson/Fowler too streaky.
                                                    Casey..fancy him more in best uk and ireland market.

So just going for the 3 Bubba/Grace/Scott.

Not really tempted by any cheeky outsiders but if I had go with one id say david howell but i cannot see him winning can play in a gale though.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                      Danny Lee @ 150

David Lingmerth @ 400
                                                      Lingmerth -4 through 4. Blow it up now ref so I can buy a house.
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                        Lingmerth -4 through 4. Blow it up now ref so I can buy a house.
                                                        -6 after 7. Some start. All downhill from here Shirley...

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                          Why did he stop posting again??
                                                          Got ran out of here by Sitch

Be nice if Lingmerth put on the breaks. 62 calling.

Comment

Any streams for the work folk?

Hola is no use to me for iplayer and Adblocker ain't working to well on first row i see

Comment

Laid the top ten, everyone down as far as Tiger
                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                -6 after 7. Some start. All downhill from here Shirley...
                                                                Or the wind blows up for the rest of the weekend and he's left out in front. Happened Oosthuzin before.
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                  Or the wind blows up for the rest of the weekend and he's left out in front. Happened Oosthuzin before.
                                                                  I remember calling Tom Kite the winner at Pebble Beach in the US Open years ago with a couple of hours play left when the wind went nuts & my aul lad saying i was mad. Pity there was no in-running back then or id never had to work a day in my life

Comment

Done a couple of outsiders hoping to get a place sweat myself but in fairness e/w betting in golf for a serious punter is akin to trying to beat a 60% rake in poker.
                                                                    Very true, I actually gave up the e/w on players below 25/1 or so. The exception being what you would consider a lock to contend.
                                                                    My bet on these lower prices is now in the win market, & a saver in the Top 10/20 market. Kind of a draw no bet type of situation...

Comment

Ken on the course and Peter Alliss have to move to sky when it moves.
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                        Ken on the course and Peter Alliss have to move to sky when it moves.
                                                                        Is it moving to Sky?

Ah balls. The only Tournaments I see all year are this and The Masters

Comment

Is it moving to Sky?

Ah balls. The only Tournaments I see all year are this and The Masters
                                                                          I think next year is BBCs last Yeah.
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Good round from Harrington. Ready to attack tomorrow. Loves the wind and rain
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

#39
                                                                              15-8 on Dustin Johnson is ridic short. Not even 36 holes played and the likes of Day and Adam Scott only a couple of shots back. Half tempted to open betfair account just to lay him.

Comment

#40
                                                                                The Majors are always ruined when you dont get them finished on the Sunday. Must be some disappointment for organisers and those who decided to go.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                  The Majors are always ruined when you dont get them finished on the Sunday. Must be some disappointment for organisers and those who decided to go.
                                                                                  And for people who have to work Mondays

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                    ...Harrington. Harrington and Harrington are my 3 main bets...
                                                                                    ...Snedeker and McDowell each way and woods out right are my saviour bets...But it's all about one man...
                                                                                    ...The sweat is well and truly on...absolutely chuffed to see him well in contention...Have such an admiration for him for so long...I think wind and rain forecast tomorrow, and reckon that really helps... Will definitely be taking a half day tomorrow, em doctors appointment... If he manages to pull it off, a nice holiday will be in order ;-)...One time!!!...

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by underachievement View Post
                                                                                      Stenson & Fowler main bets
                                                                                      Scatter gun approach on my e/w fancies
                                                                                      Fleetwood / Z.Johnson / F.molinari / byeong-hun /weisberger / jaidee
                                                                                      Nice winner.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                                                        Lee, Z Johnson, Wiesberger, Grace

Still debating weather to pull the trigger on Speith
                                                                                        Well Done.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                        X