Recommend a Monitor please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend a Monitor please

i play mostly on entraction. 2-4 tabling mostly but might move towards 6-8 in future.

is there any monitor that suits Entraction software tables more than others. e.g. i would like to have tables very clear and tiled very snug making use of all the screen area ( i can use my laptop for anything else i need to do e.g. webbrowsing etc

i like large squared tables. e.g. i played in a internet cafe once and could tile 4 large tables almost prefectly on the screen which was great (didnt note the make or size unfortunately)

Also is it advisable to get an LCD monitor or what the significance. I would like to have option to watch a DVD but its not the priority. the priority is good suitability for poker/4 tabling on entraction network.

A standard 24" high res monitor would do the job, make sure the resolution is 1900x 1200 at least, that should give you 6 large tables tiled without overlap or 12 minimum sized tables without overlap.
    Dont buy an LCD because TV's can only go up to 1920 x 1080 res. which may be ok for u but wont give u the option to add in more tables if u wantd to.

Anyway have look at this site if you need for info, its great
    Want to buy a new monitor for poker? Then you definitely want to check out this poker monitor buying guide!

Comment

Originally posted by JWillo1 View Post
      A standard 24" high res monitor would do the job, make sure the resolution is 1900x 1200 at least, that should give you 6 large tables tiled without overlap or 12 minimum sized tables without overlap.
      Dont buy an LCD because TV's can only go up to 1920 x 1080 res. which may be ok for u but wont give u the option to add in more tables if u wantd to.

Anyway have look at this site if you need for info, its great
      http://www.firsttimepokerplayer.com/...ware/monitors/
      LCD != TV.
      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
        LCD != TV.
        I meant LCD TV's ! ( i think)

Comment

Well im using 2 of these
          Great price for great quality.http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-22-LG-LED...#ht_4432wt_905

Comment

Originally posted by GeddasT View Post
            Well im using 2 of these
            Great price for great quality.http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-22-LG-LED...#ht_4432wt_905
            i have a widescreen 22 acer and i am not happy with it.

the problem is when i tile 4 tables they are unusually elongated and it's strange and somewhat odd on the eyes. the display is set a 1024 x 768 and if i change it up or down the tables become slightly overlapping (which i hate). also i am unhappy with the actual look of the tables also. the figures and writing/print are not very crisp and clear and i guess that's related to the resolution problem also? (or could it be my laptop??)

this is very frustrating.

is it just a case of me having to get say 2x 19'' so that i can get better quality and what i am looking for.

also if i get 19's won't the table be relatively small also. i really wanted 4 big squared tables on a screen (big enough so that i have plenty of room for my HUD stats (i have 3 row/panels of stats in my hud setup)

is there any other setting i may be missing in which i could at least resolve the appearance issue .i.e more crisp or sharp figures, writing etc on table??

thanks in advance to anyoone who can help/advise

Comment

Last week I added a second monitor to my setup. A 24 in Packard bell LCD which I use with a 22 in HP.

The 24 inch fits 9 tables easily with no overlap, and can do 12 as well.

I basically use the 24 in to play my tournaments on and use the 22 inch to surf etc. Very handy having a dual monitor set up, don't know why I waited for so long to get it set up.

No reason now for not grinding
              NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Monitors are pretty much interchangeable at this point.
                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Is screen resolution due to monitor or computer or combo of both?
                  Currently have
                  Dell Inspiron 660S 4GB 500GB Desktop Tower
                  +
                  Samsung Monitor

One I have at the monent has resolution 1366/768 and can only fit 4 small Party Poker tables on it without overlap. Would like to get 6 tables minimum without overlap.

Recommend me a new chaphish monitor for multitabling/grinding plz?

Comment

Originally posted by draco View Post
                    Is screen resolution due to monitor or computer or combo of both?
                    Currently have
                    Dell Inspiron 660S 4GB 500GB Desktop Tower
                    +
                    Samsung Monitor

One I have at the monent has resolution 1366/768 and can only fit 4 small Party Poker tables on it without overlap. Would like to get 6 tables minimum without overlap.

Recommend me a new chaphish monitor for multitabling/grinding plz?
                    It is both really. The monitor has a max resolution, plus your video card may not be able to support higher res monitors, but I'd say it's your monitor in this insance. How much are you looking to spend, and waht size you looking for?

This one looks ok for a decent price and is full HD (1920*1080), but I don't use pc monitors, so some of the grinders here might be able to give better answers.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                      It is both really. The monitor has a max resolution, plus your video card may not be able to support higher res monitors, but I'd say it's your monitor in this insance. How much are you looking to spend, and waht size you looking for?

This one looks ok for a decent price and is full HD (1920*1080), but I don't use pc monitors, so some of the grinders here might be able to give better answers.
                      How do I figure out what max resolution the computer can support?
                      I've an inter graphs and control panel tab which gives a resolution for the monitor/computer. €150 is fine is guess for a monitor.

Comment

That's a fairly new computer isn't it? I'd be surprised if the graphics card doesn't support a better resolution. If you can find your graphics card model google should tell you easily.

Comment

1366/768

widescreen monitor? should definitely be able to support a higher resolution.
                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Is there some connecter/lead I can buy to connect 2 monitors to my computer.
                            It has 1 VGA connector at the back

A hdmi conection and 4 usb conectors at the back.

Comment

Would these work
                              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cables-To-Go...9052363&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Euronetwork-...9052363&sr=8-6

Comment

Working...
                              X