PC Freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC Freezing

With the last week or so my PC keeps freezing several times a night while playing, I have 3-4 sites running as well as my HM2, never had this problem before. Its only about 2 years old, have a monitor running with it.

Any ideas anyone?

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
    With the last week or so my PC keeps freezing several times a night while playing, I have 3-4 sites running as well as my HM2, never had this problem before. Its only about 2 years old, have a monitor running with it.

Any ideas anyone?
    have you just started using hm2 ? do the windows of the tables go white or black ? i think it could be a hm2 prob was the reason why i switched to PT4

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
      have you just started using hm2 ? do the windows of the tables go white or black ? i think it could be a hm2 prob was the reason why i switched to PT4
      Always been using it, but ya, the screens do go white at times and takes about a 1min to unfreeze. I was thinking it might be a HM problem. Wonder if I just update it?

Comment

Always been using it, but ya, the screens do go white at times and takes about a 1min to unfreeze. I was thinking it might be a HM problem. Wonder if I just update it?
        yeah its happened a few of the guys i know, havent a clue what the fix is, better off emailing hm2 support and see what they say.

Comment

yeah its happened a few of the guys i know, havent a clue what the fix is, better off emailing hm2 support and see what they say.
          Pointless. They'll link you to the usual threads, ask you about what spec you're using etc. Been happening to me for a couple of years now. Seems to be worse with newer updates, although i'm on the beta list so usually get the more buggy version. Haven't played much online lately but a couple of weeks ago, the screen freeze were only lasting about 8-10 seconds with is shorter than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
            Pointless. They'll link you to the usual threads, ask you about what spec you're using etc. Been happening to me for a couple of years now. Seems to be worse with newer updates, although i'm on the beta list so usually get the more buggy version. Haven't played much online lately but a couple of weeks ago, the screen freeze were only lasting about 8-10 seconds with is shorter than usual.
            sounds like lots of fun, my advice keith is get PT4.

Comment

Tilting as fk when you see Aces and cant do a fkn thing , think I will have to look into PT4, presume you can import all data from HM2?

Comment

Tilting as fk when you see Aces and cant do a fkn thing , think I will have to look into PT4, presume you can import all data from HM2?
                yep can use the same postgresql afaik, if you need any help setting it up message me on skype, i think you have me on there.

Comment

yep can use the same postgresql afaik, if you need any help setting it up message me on skype, i think you have me on there.
                  Will do, sound

Comment

Any ideas anyone?
                    Did you try turning it off and on again ?

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                      Did you try turning it off and on again ?
                      Its happening with about a week so yes, it has been turned on and off
                      Must do some updates to my pc and see if it makes a difference but from what the lads are saying, its a HM problem.

Comment

Seems as others say it's a hm2 issue but won't do any harm to try some of the peformance tips in here especially tips to stop making huge log files and changing processor priority http://forums.holdemmanager.com/gene...ance-tips.html
                        Also worth opening task manager and and have a look at ram usage while you start up each program and what's the normal use once everything is going. You will also see if your ram is at the max when it freezes.How much ram is in the pc?
                        The smarter you play the luckier you'll be
                        MTT Calender 2015

Comment

Did a few pc updates and updated HM and so far so good, had no issues last night what so ever.

Comment

Working...
                          X