Ban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ban

Im not involved with DBC. Dont know who he is, what hes done, and i dont really care tbh.

I was posting here strictly about poker up until i was spontaneously accussed of being a multiple account of this guy - for no reason at all. I recieved a number of visitor messages consisting of "Die in a grease fire you red pox" etc. I found this to be quite annoying because almost every member of the forum jumped on the bandwagon and kept up the accussations in the BBV thread for a number of days.

Since then i have proved who iam via my facebook account and not one poster has shown remorse for the spontaneous treatment i recieved, and one poster in particular (Howard_Finkel) has trolled the threads quoting all my posts with abuse, still positive that iam this guy.

Since yesterday when Kev told me to stop being defensive about it i havent posted anything regarding this at all. For this reason i dont know why ive been banned.

When i came across these forums i thought it was an open community where new members would be accepted, clearly i was wrong because every new member since these forums were created has clearly not been welcomed and just used to poke fun at.

I just want to learn and talk about poker like i originally had been when i first signed up, if i post in a thread and look back to read updates and see a particular member has been posting accusations about me i dont know what you expect me to do besides defend myself, not ignore him like the admins of this site clearly have.

I hope this issue can be resolved and put behind us. As far as i knew it already had been.

Ryan.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
    Last edited by Ryanzo; 09-03-10, 19:13.

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Hitchhiker, appreciate your point of view. And the behaviour of others hasnt gone unnoticed. We will get back to that later however. For now we would prefer if this thread didnt turn into a free for all so we ask that no one post here while the admins and mods have a chat and attempt to come up with a solution

I've removed a couple of posts that are not related to this issue.

Comment

Id also like an explaination as to why ive been banned.

If ive been banned for defending myself against another poster then it is obviously he who should recieve a ban in the first place - for provoking the replies.

So why im the one looked at as the bad guy is hard to understand since everything that has brewed involving me the past week was thought up by first of all, and secondly is still being spouted in the forums by Howard_Finkel*.

Was he even questioned about this?

Thanks.

*(as far as i can see in the BBV anyway he has made 1 or 2 sly snaps already regarding the claiming someone to be DBC incident.)
        Last edited by Ryanzo; 09-03-10, 21:04.

Comment

Ryanzo, you're temporarily banned, as was explained to yourself and Eddie Durkin (DBC) via PM we just feel the need for some space and time to think things over before we make hard and fast decisions about what happens next.

However, please note that in your case we've banned you for more then just the allegations that you are DBC. The fact that you are even considered to be DBC says ALOT. You seem to have worked out who DBC is, so please learn from his mistakes, we can only hope he learns from them himself (hopefully in his case he will from the many detailed PM's I've sent him in the past). For now please consider and understand that we need a while to consider what the best course of action for the site is and what we feel is most beneficial towards conducive and constructive discussion therein.

As I say, for now, give us a little bit of time to talk things through and come to what hopefully will be a decision that is best for the site and the community as a whole.

TBH in regards to both yourself and Eddie (DBC) we can't and won't tolerate the disruption that has been happening recently on the site which has been damaging the discussion going on in the site. (Also please note that we are well aware of the influence Howard Finkle and others have been having in this regard too).
          Last edited by Ste05; 10-03-10, 00:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
            The fact that you are even considered to be DBC says ALOT.
            I was only accused of being this DBC guy by 1 person, noone else, thats what started it all. So no, that doesnt say alot seeing as this Howard_Finkle character still thinks im him.

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
            TBH in regards to both yourself and Eddie (DBC) we can't and won't tolerate the disruption that has been happening recently on the site which has been damaging the discussion going on(Also please note that we are well aware of the influence Howard Finkle and others have been having in this regard too).
            I was the one responding to this guy, he provoked me, i did not start anything. TBH it seems to me that this poster is clearly being overlooked, the disruption on the site the past few days was caused by him and i never started anything, not once. Im sure alot of other posters can clearly see that too and the fact that he didnt recieve a temp site ban is baffling tbh, it seems like favouritism towards someone simply because he came from boards.

I can understand that though, but i have never posted anything bar the defensive posts to suggest that im not contributing to this community properly, look in this guys posts and youll see for yourself that he hasnt contributed to the poker forum at all and that 90% of all his recent posts were directed at me.

If you look at all of my recent posts you wont find the same consistencies.

As for being constantly associated with this DBC guy, why? Why do people keep refering to the two of us as a whole, im one person, i can speak for myself and id like to think my issue is completely seperate from this "DBC" thing.

Please take these points into consideration, as you can see my dealings with everyone else on this forum have gone smoothly and without any sort of disruption.

Thanks.
            Last edited by Ryanzo; 10-03-10, 00:59.

Comment

So...

Comment

Your ban will be lifted in a few days. You will get a PM at that time about the situation.

Comment

Posting allowed now.

Comment

Working...
                  X