This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New site rule - Passwords for online tournaments

Okay, this has always been an unwritten rule, but we are going to start enforcing it now. From now on there is to be no sharing of passwords for online tournaments unless done so by the organisers of the tournament. This includes asking for passwords to tournaments.

Recently both the UCD freeroll and the IWF shop freeroll tournament on PPP have seen a number of people asking for passwords. No more please. Its unfair to organisers, if they are holding a tournament thats private or password protected for whatever reason its up to them to give it out.

We've had our own IWF league, and it would have pissed us off to have the passwords shared around on other forums, so the same should go here. There are plenty of sites that facilitate sharing passwords, so if you must then use these.

Finally, personally I cannot for the life of me see why people would want to share a password for a freeroll with a relatively low number of entrants anyway.

Fair play, in the charter you still have Ste05 down as you can contact him, oversight on your part?

Comment

Originally posted by montyrebel View Post
      Fair play, in the charter you still have Ste05 down as you can contact him, oversight on your part?
      lol, nice one. I'll remove him now.

Comment

How do you get passwords then? just hope there posted by the initial organiser

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyCage View Post
          How do you get passwords then? just hope there posted by the initial organiser
          You aren't suppose "to get" passwords.
          If you are intended to be in the tourney then you'll have it already

Comment

There are plenty of sites that facilitate sharing passwords, so if you must then use these.

Comment

how do i get to play the IPB HU on boyles then

Comment

You missed the boat by a few months there mate...

Comment

Originally posted by Marsden02 View Post
                  how do i get to play the IPB HU on boyles then
                  Tis over

Comment

nb

Comment

Re: KevIRL snip snip

Kev,
                      I was clearly only asking for the password of the poker retail promotion because i am unable to find it in any paddypower stores so therefore im partly not breaking any rules on the organisers behalf because they are unable to fulfill their promotion promise!! Im only a new user on this forum so i apologise for asking people for the password,i didnt realise that this was part of the forum rules.Anyhow i will complain to paddy power instead of complaining on this forum,thanks for your help! P.S. PP retail promotion password please
                      Kind Regards,
                      Mark!

Comment

Well
                        airport, lol

Comment

Working...
                        X