Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
    Active shooter at YouTube hq.
    Hopefully there'll be live pictures on a streaming site soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
      Paddy power doing a Madrid Bayern Double 7/2

Max 20
      You should lob the lot on the lotto!

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
      I'm with bord gas and got 25 quid in vouchers, lob them off esb bill. They double. Its brilliant!

Bit of a pain setting up at first but deffo well worth it.
      A man ahead of his time!

Comment

Here, that golf comp/buster for anyone interested, he does it every year for the 4 majors, has a real time spreadsheet up and running when tournament is in play. It's runs very well. I don't know chap running it but a few here play it. I've won and placed in it and no issue with with payments, although not instant like RD111 for Chel.

crookesa@hotmail.com

email him you entries €10 per team 2x teams max - transfer the money. He operates on assumption that the money's on the way if teams are sent in.
        Last edited by nicnicnic; 03-04-18, 21:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
          You should lob the lot on the lotto!

A man ahead of his time!

The Masters is a lotto this year. Going justin Thomas with Speith 1st rd leader. Buying a lagging jacket if I win .

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
            Hopefully there'll be live pictures on a streaming site soon.
            Media have to find out skin colour/religion of shooter before making next move!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Billions is so bad

Comment

David Mitchells Upstart Crow is very good, perfect for the discerning comedic minds of IPB.
                    There's huge nods to Blackadder (some of the same writing team) in sets and scripts, with Mitchell playing a bitingly sarcastic version of William Shakespeare coping with the trials and tribulations of being a downtrodden working class writer. Good backup cast as well.

Does help to know a bit about WS to get some of the jokes, and even better to have good knowledge of his works (I'm sure I miss a huge amount of in jokes by only knowing a handful of the plays).

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                        Billions is so bad
                        I seem to remember pointing that out to you wayyy back when you thought it was great. You might want to pay heed to the lesson regarding your current infatuation with another of another bad actor of much greater significance
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Fixed for me..Out dammed spot.

David Mitchells Upstart Crow is very good, perfect for the discerning comedic minds of IPB.
                          There's huge nods to Blackadder (some of the same writing team) in sets and scripts, with Mitchell playing a bitingly sarcastic version of William Shakespeare coping with the trials and tribulations of being a downtrodden working class writer. Good backup cast as well.

Does help to know a bit about WS to get some of the jokes, and even better to have good knowledge of his works (I'm sure I miss a huge amount of in jokes by only knowing a handful one of the plays).
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

To get ye in the mood

Golfs biggest names tell us how they are feeling going into the US Augusta Masters 2018 feat. Sergio Garcia, Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy, Ian Poulter, Dusting ...

Comment

Does help to know a bit about WS to get some of the jokes, and even better to have good knowledge of his works (I'm sure I miss a huge amount of in jokes by only knowing a handful of the plays).
                              Ben Eltons Upstart Crow, in which David Mitchell plays the lead...

Just saying.

Going by the wiki...
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Billions is so bad
                                Counterpart is well worth a spin, won't be everyones cup of tea but worth it for JK Simmons alone.

There is another twin world / alternate reality series starting on BBC this weekend The City and the City based on China Meilville's book. I haven't read it but everything I have read by him is brilliant but also I would have thought, unfilmable. Should be fun.

Comment

Really good (and long) article on the 1983 Eighth Amendment campaign.
                                  Some great photos as well.

https://www.joe.ie/life-style/story-...al-coup-614595
                                  That's a great read. Cheers AJ.

The good oul days huh? Thankfully we're in the process of wiping the stink of that putrid catholic shit off us.
                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

lol

Butch turning to the camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                      Counterpart is well worth a spin, won't be everyones cup of tea but worth it for JK Simmons alone.

Season finale.
                                      SPOILER

did i miss an episode ? why is other howard now all in love with his hospitalized wife and willing to let the major spy from the other side continue in her role ? Ok, the gate is closed, but he doesnt know pope is dead on the other side.

"Upstairs" appears to be common among both sides, thats interesting for next season
                                      Last edited by oleras; 03-04-18, 23:31.
                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                        Where do you go in Portugal with the small yokes Solks? Have to book something for May. Presume cots & airport transfers arent too much hassle?
                                        Best mate just went to Martinhal in Portugal on a mini moon with his misses and 3.5 year old.

Early days yet but text off him on dag one was basically, haven't seen kid all day, sitting by pool reading book and drinking a beer

*He's not a big reader

Comment

WTF is a "Mini moon" I know what a honeymoon is, i know what a vacation is, i know what a mini vacation is....ugh...

And why are you using these terms Lao Lao ??

Let it end here, please.
                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

My picking strategy for the Masters shall remain the same as usual. Find an American golfer at a big price with a stupid name.

Generally throws up a long list.
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                              I ws recommended years ago to give the kids some Vallergan, which is an antihisthamine. It keeps them pretty content during travel

Basically dozol or whatever it is you get over there. Teedex? Yes, they raised the age to 6 for teedex, because most 6 year olds are starting to teeth

Parents abused this shit years ago for drugging them to travel. Great stuff. I used to give it to the kids on Christmas Eve, Their Christmas shot. Certainly got them into beds and asleep. They never knew what it was mind lol.

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                              WTF is a "Mini moon" I know what a honeymoon is, i know what a vacation is, i know what a mini vacation is....ugh...

Let it end here, please.
                                              Heard a few people having these. They go away for a couple of days right after the wedding but have the honeymoon booked for much later. Sometimes due to finances etc.

Comment

Tony Finau for me cos he hits the ball the furthest and I was surprised he's never qualified before.

Russell Henley as he's played 4 times and gone MC-31-21-11 next logical position is 1st

Comment

@ Willie, I had a dream about being in a plane crash and it was grand.

Pilot was trying to overtake a motorbike.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                    https://mailchi.mp/52a7fb837786/mast...s?e=9d39b085ad

Here, that golf comp/buster for anyone interested, he does it every year for the 4 majors, has a real time spreadsheet up and running when tournament is in play. It's runs very well. I don't know chap running it but a few here play it. I've won and placed in it and no issue with with payments, although not instant like RD111 for Chel.

crookesa@hotmail.com

email him you entries €10 per team 2x teams max - transfer the money. He operates on assumption that the money's on the way if teams are sent in.
                                                    I know him and can vouch. Good egg.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Let it end here, please.
                                                      Kinda what Mrs FD said, they only have a so much holidays they can take at the minute so they are just going away for a few days after the wedding and their honeymoon will be later in the year, it's called a mini moon apparently

Comment

Parents abused this shit years ago for drugging them to travel.
                                                        Anyone giving their kids drugs when they're not sick is off their rocker.

I'd wonder why anyone would take a kid overseas on holiday if they have to drug them to get them there.

And LOL if you give two fucks about what people on a plane think of your kid and their behaviour.

It's a pretty unnatural environment for anyone to be in and, as we regularly see on viral videos, adults don't always cope very well either.

There are myriad ways to keep a child engaged so they don't go into meltdown and myriad ways to rescue the situation if they do.

Comment

Leaving the drugs issue aside (mild over-the-counter stuff I'm guessing), surely you are just being a nice person by attempting to ensure that your family doesn't inconvenience other travellers too much?

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                            Anyone giving their kids drugs when they're not sick is off their rocker.

I'd wonder why anyone would take a kid overseas on holiday if they have to drug them to get them there.

And LOL if you give two fucks about what people on a plane think of your kid and their behaviour.

It's a pretty unnatural environment for anyone to be in and, as we regularly see on viral videos, adults don't always cope very well either.

There are myriad ways to keep a child engaged so they don't go into meltdown and myriad ways to rescue the situation if they do.
                                                            People would give their kids dozol and teedex to get them to sleep. They used it regular. Maybe not for travel like I said, but that was what i did once anyway.

I would be stressed if my kids were misbehaving on a plane. I would not enjoy it one bit. I am not a good flyer and if I could do something to help, then I would. It doesn't make me a bad parent.

When I gave for travel before, it wasn't plane travel and it was unusual circumstances and the Dr advised it.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                              Leaving the drugs issue aside (mild over-the-counter stuff I'm guessing), surely you are just being a nice person by attempting to ensure that your family doesn't inconvenience other travellers too much?
                                                              I have been on flights and buses with really annoying kids, the parents sit and do nothing, had kids running up and down plane aisles etc and I think it is wrong to let this happen. It is dangerous as well.

We have been lucky that the kids are used to travelling and never really been a big issue. We had the two DVD players attached to the back of the headrests for travel and that kept the kids occupied in the car.

Now it's tablets and phones.

Comment

So, the city game is on at the god awful time of 4.45am my time. Biggest issue is deciding whether to stay up late to watch it or try a get a few hours kip beforehand as the time is not immediately leading to one option over the other. The biggest plus point is that I am not working tomorrow.

Yeah I know, 1st world problems
                                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                  My picking strategy for the Masters shall remain the same as usual. Find an American golfer at a big price with a stupid name.

Generally throws up a long list.
                                                                  Xander Schauffele.

Meets all the criteria.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                    So, the city game is on at the god awful time of 4.45am my time. Biggest issue is deciding whether to stay up late to watch it or try a get a few hours kip beforehand as the time is not immediately leading to one option over the other. The biggest plus point is that I am not working tomorrow.

Personally, I'd much rather bed early up early. The whole day ahead of me then when it's over. Sit up all night and you'll be watching it bleary eyed, if you don't fall asleep and then your next day is wiped.

I wouldn't waste a day off like that.

Comment

Xander Schauffele.

Meets all the criteria.
                                                                      Patton Kizzire as well.

Straight forecast maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                        I have been on flights and buses with really annoying kids, the parents sit and do nothing, had kids running up and down plane aisles etc and I think it is wrong to let this happen. It is dangerous as well.
                                                                        Of course this is completely unacceptable too. We've all been there with Wayne and Waynetta Slob across the isle or Mr and Mrs Summer Solstice and their three free-living little tykes whose freedom must be respected at all costs.

All i'm saying is a common sense approach that avoids drastic (indeed, sometimes just plain lazy) measures like drugs and engages kids in the experience.

But ultimately if some auld sourpuss is upset because a 2 year old is freaking out because of the affect of cabin pressure or wants to 'entertain' the other passengers then that's their tough luck.

Respect works both ways.

Comment

Xander Schauffele.

Meets all the criteria.
                                                                          Schauffele actually isn't the worst 80/1 shot in the world to be fair

Comment

Benny. I'd say you have the kids watching some obscure acid jazz compilation for the flight or playing their minituare sitars.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                              Schauffele actually isn't the worst 80/1 shot in the world to be fair
                                                                              No but he's up there. Should be 150

Comment

...

Comment

No but he's up there. Should be 150
                                                                                  I think 100s would be a great price

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                    I think 100s would be a great price
                                                                                    If Mike Bullocks will offer, I'll have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                      Denny needs to be more convincing when talking to other traders about how much of a genius Trump's trade strategy is.
                                                                                      Looks like a day for buying.

Comment

Benny. I'd say you have the kids watching some obscure acid jazz compilation for the flight or playing their minituare sitars.
                                                                                        Both of which would be enhanced by drugs of course. But purely at the child's own discretion!

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

It's a 12.45pm kick off for me, so it's watch it sporadically at my desk or stay in a bubble and wait until I get home at 5 and enjoy the recording with a few beers. There's only one guy in the office who could potentially say anything about it so I'm siding with waiting until 5. I'd sleep even for 4/5 hours and get up for it in your situation.
                                                                                          Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 04-04-18, 14:25.

Comment

Denny needs to be more convincing when talking to other traders about how much of a genius Trump's trade strategy is.
                                                                                            “Trade wars are fought every single day, the difference is U.S. troops are now coming to the ramparts.”

You hardly think the current rules are best in the long-term for the US do you?

Comment

“Trade wars are fought every single day, the difference is U.S. troops are now coming to the ramparts.”

You hardly think the current rules are best in the long-term for the US do you?
                                                                                              A real war would be good for the economy, trade war not so much

Comment

A real war would be good for the economy, trade war not so much
                                                                                                Medium to long term it could be not good but amazing for the economy.

Comment

It's not even a trade war. Just a few skirmishes.

Comment

Will almost feel sorry for poor oul Jack if it turns out that the woman with the Middle Eastern name who the shooter outside You Tube yesterday turns out to be a normal American NRA nutjob and not a Terrierist.

Comment

Will almost feel sorry for poor oul Jack if it turns out that the woman with the Middle Eastern name who the shooter outside You Tube yesterday turns out to be a normal American NRA nutjob and not a Terrierist.
                                                                                                      You do know I didn't mention that once?

I don't think anyone is saying she is a terrorist?

Comment

Is that somebody who carries out acts against small dogs to further their political goals?

It was actually a vegan bodybuilder woman who was angry at youtube demonetizing her videos or something.

Comment

Vegans! I knew it was them! Even when it was the bears, I knew it was them.

Comment

not an NRA nutjob, just a general nutjob...we'll need to keep a closer eye on tara imo

Not a muslim, not exactly brown enough, it's a red line imo
                                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                              Is that somebody who carries out acts against small dogs to further their political goals?
                                                                                                              What goes 'Woof, Woof, Boom'?

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

That's what the current skidrow inhabitants said about bitcoin back in January!

Although in fairness if you are buying not trading then dips are a great time to buy.
                                                                                                                    It all came to nowt anyway...nearly back at yesterday's close already.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Probably. I just bought a few bits with savings in the dip. Interesting to have skin in the game as I never looked sideways at the stock market until I started researching it this year. Buying them as 15-20 year investments but still look at the balance all day every day

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X