I'm a nit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a nit...

Two hands, general line checks really...

Hand One

I've only ~300 hands on villain in the hand, he's 23/19, 3 betting 4.6 of the time, his agg is ~2 and he's check raised the flop 13% in 15 instances. My only note on him is that he 3 bet/5 bet aq in a btn vs co situation. Since I recently changed screen names and have played ~6k hands since he probably doesn't have much info on me bar me looking like a typical reg, maybe slightly more aggro than standard post flop, and we've no real history.

So, line check? And on the river, the problem is my hand is pretty face up as being a king with a good kicker, is he leveling me into calling or leveling me into folding? He doesn't rep a whole lot, but still...

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (MP) ($102.73)
    CO ($101.28)
    UTG ($157.94)
    Button ($51.82)
    BB ($91.18)
    SB ($116.15)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A, K
    1 fold, Hero bets $3, 2 folds, SB calls $2.50, 1 fold

Flop: ($7) K, 4, 3 (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $4, SB raises $11, Hero calls $7

Turn: ($29) 5 (2 players)
    SB bets $20, Hero calls $20

River: ($69) J (2 players)
    SB raises to $82.15 (All-In), Hero ???

Hand Two

Villain in this hand is 24/18 over 6k hands, he 3 bets 6.8 over that sample, 5% from CO, 6% from btn, 8% from sb and 7% from bb. He donks 7% of the time, and my notes on him to give you a general indication of his play fwiw are

"flats 3 bet oop to fold axx board/234r
    ---
    just calls with 64 on 44t, then calls c/r, then raises with little left on brick river
    ---
    Flats 3 bet ip w/aq, calls on raggy board, calls on ace turn, checks back j river
    ---
    Seems to regularly 3 bet v 2.5x btn opens, fired one bullet then checked back deepish with air aq22x once"

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (Button) ($275.38)
    MP ($108.91)
    CO ($100)
    SB ($124.69)
    UTG ($114.10)
    BB ($110.53)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q, Q
    3 folds, Hero bets $2.50, SB calls $2, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($7.50) 2, 8, 5 (3 players)
    SB bets $5, 1 fold, Hero calls $5

Turn: ($17.50) 8 (2 players)
    SB bets $12, Hero calls $12

River: ($41.50) 10 (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero checks

Total pot: $41.50

So again thoughts on the line, do we raise the donk and try and get it in on the flop? I'll go into my thoughts on the river after some discussion...
    "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Hand 1, its a tough one but id rather make my decision to play for stacks on the flop or turn so im probably folding or pushing the turn. flush draws obviously make up a decent percent of hes range so there is at least 9 cards on the river and any 2,6,7,A which might either help him or kill any action and make the river very difficult to play.

I just don't like calling here at all on the turn because it does 2 things, it makes your range look weak and can induce a river bluff when 21 of those river cards were not going to like or in the case he has a draw and the draw misses hell know hes river bluff is going to be less successful so hell just check fold a lot so we force him to play well by not putting pressure on hes draws. Plus we cant balance our ranges here although i know with little history thats slightly irrelevant, but you cant say ill play AK passive here but ill also turn up with sets and flush draws, your very rarely calling a raise and DB on a drawy board like this with a set or flush draw so by not either folding or pushing the turn your range is straight up as a 1 pair hand and is going to be bluffed too often.

My 2nd choice depending on what my plan is would be to 3bet call the flop but i sometimes like to just call with position if i think a lot of hes range is flush draws and then if its a brick or hits very little of hes range ill let him DB and push as people love to get flush draws in on the flop and when you call and push on their double barrel it makes them quiver, if the draw fills on the turn you can still get away from it depending on what your reads are. In this instance without history i don't like 3betting the flop and would much rather see a turn IP.

Its more of a instinct decision without much reads, overall pushing the turn is probably going to be fine vs an aggro TAG as he can be doing this with flush draws, 22,66,77-99, KQ, 56 combo draws and air. On the other hand that board hits hes expected range hard, hands like 33-55,45,43 but again its not a huge range either so a turn fold isn't terrible.

Now as played you've a horrible decision, your range is very much either a combo draw or 1 pair type hand so he may well push to bluff you here but he probably also knows that you'll call more often with all the draws missing. Id probably lean towards folding but id be fierce tempted to call as you look so weak. Also bet more on the flop on a drawy board. So in summary i spent 3 paragraphs telling you i'm not sure what id do but i think its really tight and not putting yourself in that position is probably a better play and it makes you harder to play against compared with the passive line IMO

Hand 2:
    Donks tend to throw me off a bit as there not that common so i dont mind a call out of confusion on the flop, i dont think turn changes a lot, cant see him donking flop with 87,98 etc looks like either a set or something like 99-JJ and when he checks the river OOP i think we can rule out sets a lot and TT obviously in most cases we can rule out QQ+ and i dont think he plays a draw like this so there maybe a bit of thin value on the river but quite a weird hand so i guess checking behind is fine too as its hard to know what the fcuk he has.

Normally i would raise the flop, theres plenty of value in doing so and also to protect against draws but the donk would throw me off a bit.

Comment

1. Get them in on the flop.

2. Weird hand. I like how you played it. The donk is offputting and is frequently a set. Against a fish I'd be delighted to get them in on the flop, but this guy's stats at least show some basic competence. I might bet ~$25 on the river, although this might be bad since we'd probably have to fold to a shove. Hrm...
      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
      X