The Open Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Open Championship

Well Lads. One of the best weeks of the year is here. Prob my fav Open course.

What's the thoughts.

Powers are pretty competitive this week with their price and they have gone 7 places.

So far i'm on Theodore Ernest Els and Jason Day.

Who do you fancy?

4 Runner stable for me -

Gmac @ 25's
    Dustin J @ 40's
    Fowler @ 50's
    Pettersson for the E/W monies @ 250's.

All work cleared for Thursday/Friday

Comment

Also, running the usual Major competition here.....

Comment

Powers piss me off, advertising all over the place

max bet 16ew etc

Comment

Can't say I have a strong fancy, had token €100 EW's 8 places on

Gmac 25/1
          Lee 25/1 Well it's a tradition to take a bit of Westwood major pain
          Sned 40/1

Will also throw a few quid at Kaymer for old time sake, really looking forward studying the 3balls and smaller markets over next two days, then playing hard in running. Some serious couch time put in from Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
            Powers piss me off, advertising all over the place

max bet 16ew etc

ring them , should lay you more over phone

Comment

victor chandler doing 8 places, prices wont be the best I imagine, worth a look anyway

Comment

victor chandler doing 8 places, prices wont be the best I imagine, worth a look anyway
                They haven't been too bad. Top price on Paddy this morning @ 70s if ya want to go down that route.

I have added Sergio for my share of the pain and will add Tommy Bjorn once that neck injury checks out.

Comment

I have Friday off, i take it every year. Love having breakfast watching it. But with that forecast i'll have to play golf. Me and a few of the lads teeing off early in Killeen. Back on the couch for midday

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                    They haven't been too bad. Top price on Paddy this morning @ 70s if ya want to go down that route.

I have added Sergio for my share of the pain and will add Tommy Bjorn once that neck injury checks out.
                    link for this bjorn injury?

Comment

snedeker gmac and poulter for me
                      airport, lol

Comment

Took the PP special of Tiger, Mickelson or Rose to win.

Comment

link for this bjorn injury?
                          He retired half way through his 2nd round in Scotland citing a neck injury.

His price went out from 40s and 50s to 66s and 75s since.

IT'S the oldest of golf's Majors and can be as eccentric and incorrigible as a mischievous elderly uncle. Anything can happen at the British Open, from the wacky to the wonderful – even this week, when it takes place on the fairest links of them all, Muirfield.

If he recovers from the sore neck which caused him to pull out of the Scottish Open last Friday, the in-form Bjorn this week might even emulate Darren Clarke's 2011 feat of winning his first Major title at age 42.

Comment

Any value in Sergio? Friend did a piece on GolfBlogger.co.uk here. Recommends Sergio. Playoff bet looks a decent price too based on that.

What's the PPP special Oscar?
                            Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by ianmc38 View Post

What's the PPP special Oscar?
                              Any of those 3 to win at 5.5, not sure if it's great value, I'm definitely a golf betting fish. Just want a sweat on Sunday in work.

Comment

Palmer's tips in the RP

GMac, Kaymar,Fowler, Horschel, Fernandez-Castano

Haven't seen Chapman's.

Bookies being aggressive this morning.

Comment

Dustin, Mickleson, Oosthuizen. Might just add on Molinari and Lowry for long shots. Great weekend ahead.
                                  Favourite open course along with St Andrews.

Comment

Final squad.

Ernie
                                    Sergio
                                    J Day
                                    T Bjorn
                                    Manny

Gl fellas.

Comment

Ernie Els

Open record since 2000

7 Top 5's
                                      2 other Top 10's
                                      2 wins (including the last time The Open was held at Muirfield)

The Big Easy is gonna be my main bet, has been showing good form this year and a win Europe a few weeks ago!!

Priced @ 33/1 to defend his title...

Other horses include:
                                      Manaserro 70/1
                                      Bjorn 80/1
                                      Lowry 100/1
                                      "the impossible is often untried"

Comment

ernie els will struggle on the greens here.

And whoever mentioned garcia would want there head examined

Im going with adam scott, seems to be gearing his game to majors these days so I wouldnt worry about his form coming into this. He is technically superb and can plot his way around nicely.

Hope shane lowry can get in the mix too but i wouldnt back him

Comment

Went with Quiros @ 200/1, Donaldson 100/1, Watson @ 80/1 and Z. Johnson @ 80/1.

Comment

Gmac 25's
                                            Sterne 150's
                                            Ilonen 200's
                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                              Any of those 3 to win at 5.5, not sure if it's great value, I'm definitely a golf betting fish. Just want a sweat on Sunday in work.
                                              Its defo good value but not amazing. If u back all 3 individually at best odds available its 5.3471 so 5.5 good value
                                              http://www.bigmickg.blogspot.com/

Comment

phil mickelson,dustin Johnson,brendt snedeker & ernie in the win bracket
                                                bjorn,grace,colsaerts,laird &cink in the e/w bracket.

Comment

Gone with this lot

Manassero 70/1
                                                  Lowry 100/1
                                                  Day 33/1
                                                  Kuchar 45/1
                                                  Simpson 80/1
                                                  Grace 60/1

Also have 2 teams in the usual competition

Team 1 - Castano Gonzalez, Els, Poulter
                                                  Team 2 - Aiken, Gmac, Sergio

Few Powerplays backed also. GB or Ire player to win the open 3/1. Kaymer, Horschel, Fowler or Castano Gonzalez to win 20/1 and Woods and Mcllroy to both miss the cut 25/1

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                    Woods and Mcllroy to both miss the cut 25/1

anyway care to add some analysis to this bet? Seems like it could be a half decent sweat for a casual punter like me
                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                      anyway care to add some analysis to this bet? Seems like it could be a half decent sweat for a casual punter like me
                                                      That was pretty much my thinking on it. Both are well capable of pulling a stinker, although Tiger probably a lot less likely at the mo. Course the very good weather wont really help either.

Still though couldnt resist a mugs bet at that price. All the PP Enhanced bets are here

Comment

Backed the South Africans on Betfair excl Els. They have a great Open record, Sterne, Grace, Oost and Charl

Comment

Float the buoy

Comment

I've Els, GMac,kaymar and Dustin on my side so far. probably pick a few outsiders tonite as well. Really looking forward to it.

Comment

Leader After Round 1
                                                              Lowry, Shane 66/1
                                                              Each Way Terms 1/4 places 1,2,3,4,5

Comment

Jesus, if they are off on time, the leaderboards are seriously slow.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                  snedeker gmac and poulter for me
                                                                  Added Lowry and left it at that
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Also had a punt on their being a hole-in-1 during the tournament at 1.76

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                      Not looking so great for Rory anyway, sweat is on

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                        Not looking so great for Rory anyway, sweat is on
                                                                        If he would spend less time riding that tennis one and more time swinging his 7 iron he would be in better shape. I think Faldo made this point earlier this week and rory shot him down

Comment

Originally posted by bantee View Post
                                                                          Went with Quiros @ 200/1, Donaldson 100/1, Watson @ 80/1 and Z. Johnson @ 80/1.
                                                                          2 horses gone on day 1, Zach looking good so far and Bubba could do anything tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeal View Post
                                                                            Dustin, Mickleson, Oosthuizen. Might just add on Molinari and Lowry for long shots. Great weekend ahead.
                                                                            Favourite open course along with St Andrews.
                                                                            3 in the top 10, will settle for that. Hopefully someone keeps the sweat going till Sunday, preferably Molinari , have him @ 160's!!

Comment

#39
                                                                              The Westwood implosion is happening early

Comment

#40
                                                                                Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                If he would spend less time riding that tennis one and more time swinging his 7 iron he would be in better shape. I think Faldo made this point earlier this week and rory shot him down
                                                                                Thats a bit rich if its true, Faldo spent most of his successful career with his dick buried up everyone except whiomever he was married to at the time.
                                                                                If Tiger Woods has proved anything its that persistent shagging and good golf go hand in hand.

FWIW I backed God pretournament @ 10/1 and topped up this morning after around 3 holes at 7/2, he's beautifully poised.
                                                                                Last edited by Arazi; 19-07-13, 14:22.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  We love our after timers.
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                    Group B / The Open Championship 2013 / Winner
                                                                                    Tiger Woods Back 28285595367 17-Jul-13
                                                                                    16:51 11 250.00 11 17-Jul-13 16:51

Tiger Woods Back 28285620193 17-Jul-13
                                                                                    16:52 11 50.00 11 17-Jul-13 16:52

Tiger Woods Back 28285633916 17-Jul-13
                                                                                    16:53 11 15.65 11 17-Jul-13 16:53

Tiger Woods Back 28319572900 19-Jul-13
                                                                                    10:15 4.4 403.75 4.4 19-Jul-13 10:15

Comment

#43
                                                                                      TBF I wouldn't class those as aftertiming?

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                        TBF I wouldn't class those as aftertiming?
                                                                                        Saying you backed something pre tourney whose odds have now come in significantly shorter without any previous mention of it= aftertiming. There's no argument to be had.
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Saying you backed something pre tourney whose odds have now come in significantly shorter without any previous mention of it= aftertiming. There's no argument to be had.
                                                                                          He's hardly walking up the 18th on Sunday with a 3 shot lead in his back pocket.

This is more early/mid-timing

Comment

#46
                                                                                            The vast vast majority of Golf betting is done in-running so mentioning that I'd backed Woods pre and then followed it in at the odds which he currently trades at isn't aftertiming.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                                                                              The vast vast majority of Golf betting is done in-running so mentioning that I'd backed Woods pre and then followed it in at the odds which he currently trades at isn't aftertiming.
                                                                                              Lol it 100% is but we'll leave it there.
                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Backed bjorn pre at 66/1
                                                                                                going backing now at 150/1 now

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Lol at the thoughts of Arazi after timing,like its in him.
                                                                                                  location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Backing Clarke ew at 100s, way too big imo.

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Originally posted by NiceandcoolTrig View Post
                                                                                                      Backing Clarke ew at 100s, way too big imo.
                                                                                                      Was looking at that myself, worth a small investment I'd say

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Just backed Schwartzel and Ryan Moore

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Got some 19s Jimenez. Back to lay one.

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Twice Westwood has for to -5 and twice be had dropped 3 shots literally instantly.

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Twice Westwood has for to -5 and twice be had dropped 3 shots literally instantly.
                                                                                                              The answer to the above is in the second word of the sentence.

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                                                The answer to the above is in the second word of the sentence.

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Westwood has a heart the size of a marrowfat pea. It's just impossible to see him holding it together to win.

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Westwood has a heart the size of a marrowfat pea. It's just impossible to see him holding it together to win.

Oh man how can you even say that

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Hope he does it for Nicnicnic's admirable persistence that he'll one day come good. Possible that Rose has lifted the pressure off the English lads whose bafflingly shit run at the majors must have weighed on them somewhat.

Saying that Donald seems like a permanent no hoper.
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Hope he does it for Nicnicnic's admirable persistence that he'll one day come good. Possible that Rose has lifted the pressure off the English lads whose bafflingly shit run at the majors must have weighed on them somewhat.

Saying that Donald seems like a permanent no hoper.
                                                                                                                        Cheers, always maintained he'd win one when he had a good putting week and he's having one, but I honestly wouldn't be shocked if I didn't collect on the place part(top8) of the bet. In decent shape overall atm, which is very unusual spot in the open for me, I'm usually digging deeper and deeper by now. Think we might see a playoff

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X