X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
    FYP

Tiger to announce his comeback soon, then C kid will join this thread
    Just announced Tiger back for the masters, im actually a bit surpised he didnt have his first event back in the bay hill. there will be some media hype for the masters now,

pp have him 3/1 for it, ridiculous short price

Comment

Originally posted by ipitydafool View Post
      Just announced Tiger back for the masters, im actually a bit surpised he didnt have his first event back in the bay hill. there will be some media hype for the masters now,

pp have him 3/1 for it, ridiculous short price
      3/1 is decent,

the masters is the most media controlled event ever

Comment

I know the C-Kid and Nicnic will disagree but 3 to 1 is NOT a decent price for Tiger at the moment.
        There are several factors going against him here. I realise he is not from this planet when he is even at 80% but I definitely see the risk of Tiger missing the cut or pulling out if the going gets tough from him.
        What are the odds on him not making the 2nd two days?

Having said all that nothing would really surprise me with this fellow. 3 to 1 is tripe though. Should be at least 5s
        Also take into account there are several others in with a big shout. 3 to 1. I wouldn't go near it.

Comment

I know the C-Kid and Nicnic will disagree but 3 to 1 is NOT a decent price for Tiger at the moment.
          There are several factors going against him here. I realise he is not from this planet when he is even at 80% but I definitely see the risk of Tiger missing the cut or pulling out if the going gets tough from him.
          What are the odds on him not making the 2nd two days?

Having said all that nothing would really surprise me with this fellow. 3 to 1 is tripe though. Should be at least 5s
          Also take into account there are several others in with a big shout. 3 to 1. I wouldn't go near it.
          anything I post in here after 12 should be really ignored, victor chandler go 9/2 which is decent. I'm trying to work out my comment re the media- It must be about how tightly its controlled at agusta.

Comment

Without doubt its the perfect event to come back at, as Nicky says the media is tightly controlled. Its all about the golf at Augusta as its the first major of the year too.
            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
              Without doubt its the perfect event to come back at, as Nicky says the media is tightly controlled. Its all about the golf at Augusta as its the first major of the year too.
              Couldn't agree more with this.

If he came back at a tour event he would be taking a small to medium scale sports event and turning it into the most watched golf tournament of the year and DEFINITELY the most reported upon. I doubt most Tour events could handle what will happen when he returns.

Augusta will be ready though, and more than capable of dealing with the press situation.

Tim Finchem had a bizarre press conference the other day where he literally said nothing of substance. He called it and then said "I've nothing to tell you" more or less. Clearly the decision to come back at the Masters was only confirmed in the past few days and was announced almost immediately.

The first tee will be an amazing sight.
              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with the betting ? So he came back at the Masters. Was he really ever going to miss it? Does it mean he should be more or less than 3 to 1? I'm not really interested in the circus I just wanna see the man back to his best on the golf course. Would be great to see him and Els go head to head up the back 9 on Sunday. I won't be backing either though. I'm sticking with
                Poulter/ Villegas/ Quiros.

THis is gonna be great.

Comment

backed Kj Choi for this weekend, he was unlucky two weeks ago not to win, so in good form

lots of big names missing.

feck that ol horseracing,

Comment

backed Kj Choi for this weekend, he was unlucky two weeks ago not to win, so in good form

lots of big names missing.

feck that ol horseracing,
                    Come on KJ, just one off the lead, decent sweat at the mo.

Comment

Feckin Furyk stumbles over the line, would have been immense if Choi got em. To lose by 1 shoit is unlucky, Furyk got more luck than Jamie Gold.

big profit> small profit FFFFK

Comment

UL Will

my confidence is at an all time low after the last two weeks results

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                          UL Will

my confidence is at an all time low after the last two weeks results
                          Don't worry, I will be back with a fool-proof system for golf betting success sometime around April 8th.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                            Don't worry, I will be back with a fool-proof system for golf betting success sometime around April 8th.
                            deadly, this is exactly what I need

Comment

look forward to it, hopefully it's not just a 'back Tiger only' system, although my own method is to back the golfer I think will play the best going by course, form and opponents. Working ok so far.

Comment

top tens

I like Levet in spain this week at 3/1, will also be doing two doubles with Watney 5/2 and O'Heir 10/3 in the US

Comment

Anyone doing the fantasy golf masters in The Irish Times?

Comment

Ul hitting the post last week Willie. No bets last week.
                                    This week i'm all over Gmac. He ran in close in this tournie whilst he was learning his trade years ago. He's on as good form as he can be in recent weeks and looked impressive in the nothing cup the last two days. McDowell can be had at 50's with laddies and i think its big. Might plunge into the top 10 market aswell. Was gonna give Vijay another shot on a course that he like but he has pulled out for the second straight week.

Comment

You or nicnicnic set up a thing online if you want, the same as 6-nations fantasy thing. Would be good!

I know nothing about golf but id be in for $20-$50!

Comment

Has this started since Jan?

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                          Has this started since Jan?
                                          No The Irish Times one starts for The Masters, and runs all summer until the Johnnie Walker.

I do it most years but actually plan to take it seriously this year.

Comment

No The Irish Times one starts for The Masters, and runs all summer until the Johnnie Walker.

I do it most years but actually plan to take it seriously this year.
                                            Good shout, I'll give it a bash this year. It'll ease the pain while the fantasy premier league is off during the summer.
                                            C Kid are you taking that 4/1 on Tiger?

Comment

Good shout, I'll give it a bash this year. It'll ease the pain while the fantasy premier league is off during the summer.
                                              C Kid are you taking that 4/1 on Tiger?
                                              I've taken 9/2 for peanuts but purely from a trading perspective. All the news coming out of the camp is positive, he played Augusta on Monday, and John Cook was very positive about how he played. Goes well fresh, admittedly there's fresh and there's Tiger now, but I'm pretty sure he'll be about 4.75 or so come April 8th, he has an incredible pull in non-serious gambling terms.

I also had a few quid at 55s for the Slam a while back lol.

Have a look at the fantasy thing anyway, and we'll come up with some kind of strategy and try and unearth a few bargains!

Comment

Thanks ST, I'm on a good roll (good for my roll anyway) on the golf this year. I'm staying away from everything except soccer and Golf for the gambols. I've made a few K but it could have been immense this last while. Ah well keep plugging away.

Comment

Ok, this is a very tough one, Tger won it last year and it looked like he was going on to win the Masters right after. Very few players got under par , it's a tough course.
                                                  Two players who did well last year and are coming into some kind of form are Nick Watney and Sean O'Hair. not players I normally back but I'm going out on a limb here and backing them both. GL all.

Comment

I had €240 to win €64,000 leishman, im drrunk but seems like a good bet atm

Comment

For some reason think Snedeker is overpricedat 75 on the machine.
                                                      That'll be my only bet along with Kevin Na for top 10 @9.6

Comment

-1 from the mac, not bad but he prob needed a faster start. I also had 2.50 on appleby @341s on the machine. He shot a 70 and is now into 80s. What are my options? I'm a monkey who's learning on betfair.
                                                        Last edited by Silver-Tiger; 25-03-10, 18:30. Reason: wrong price

Comment

I had €240 to win €64,000 leishman, im drrunk but seems like a good bet atm
                                                          GO LEISH. On fire at the start.

Comment

-1 from the mac, not bad but he prob needed a faster start. I also had 2.50 on appleby @341s on the machine. He shot a 70 and is now into 80s. What are my options? I'm a monkey who's learning on betfair.
                                                            If u lay him for €5 you get 2.50 profit if he loses and 461ish if he wins I think thats about right

Comment

GO LEISH. On fire at the start.
                                                              3 under through 8 was a little exciting alright, 2 under still decent esp after hitting the water twice, hopefully I can get a good round tomorrow and trade out a bit.

really wish i hadn't started playing roulette after that post last night

Comment

Nicky set up a Fantasy Golf thing pls!

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                                                                  Nicky set up a Fantasy Golf thing pls!
                                                                  ill have a go, but not organising it

Comment

I'm on the way into town on friday night when a friend rings me and tells me that GMac has caught fire and he's 3 under on his round after 7 and 3 off the lead. He also says he's gettin on at 28s. I'm looking forward to sunday evening already. So i get home pissed and i look up the leaderboard on my phone, Gmac is no where to be seen so i sleep for 5 hours. get up absolutely dying and if teeing off in a hour wasn't bad enough for a hangover i notice that McDowell was +5 for his last 2 holes and missed the cut by 2 shots. WHAT A WANKER. Doing nothing next week but going for it at the masters.

Anyone in with a shout this evening?

Comment

I'm on the way into town on friday night when a friend rings me and tells me that GMac has caught fire and he's 3 under on his round after 7 and 3 off the lead. He also says he's gettin on at 28s. I'm looking forward to sunday evening already. So i get home pissed and i look up the leaderboard on my phone, Gmac is no where to be seen so i sleep for 5 hours. get up absolutely dying and if teeing off in a hour wasn't bad enough for a hangover i notice that McDowell was +5 for his last 2 holes and missed the cut by 2 shots. WHAT A WANKER. Doing nothing next week but going for it at the masters.

I'm out anyway Levet missed top ten by shot, awful back nine. no interest in the palmer, must of been an early start, leaders through 4 already. Might play some poker for a change.

Comment

I thought he had a squeak for a while too. Have Kevin Na for top 10 @ 9.6 and a small win bet at 142 that looks to be gone though he's 5 off the lead.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                                                          I thought he had a squeak for a while too. Have Kevin Na for top 10 @ 9.6 and a small win bet at 142 that looks to be gone though he's 5 off the lead.

els gone from 1.02 to 1.18; 14.5 na, squeak GL
                                                                          Last edited by nicnicnic; 28-03-10, 19:54.

Comment

Read a pretty epic section all about Tiger in the NY times there. It was long but well typed.

Comment

els gone from 1.02 to 1.18; 14.5 na, squeak GL
                                                                              Plenty green now on both markets, if Els wobbles 15 I fancy my chances.

EDIT: afaik they are back out at 3pm gmt Monday

Comment

my tip for this week is ask me one player i think wont win, then back them. That strategy had 100% record last three weeks anyway.

Comment

my tip for this week is ask me one player i think wont win, then back them. That strategy had 100% record last three weeks anyway.
                                                                                  LOL. Luv it.
                                                                                  The best consolation with a possible knock out of the Irish Open is the Masters on this weekend, I'm gutted it clashes.
                                                                                  This promises to be a classic. If Tiger can handle this added pressure he could run away with it due to his undobuted talent plus his advantage on this course. I'm kind of stumped a little outside of Tiger and the resurgent Els.
                                                                                  Goosen seems to be there or thereabouts in every tournament this year and Els and he do inspire each other. I can't wait to see how it pans out. I've changed my mind 6 times this week alone.

Right now I'm going with - Goosen , Poulter (sorry nicky if he win LOL) and Villegas.

Let's not forget big Phil. It's gona be grrreat, you can have my blinds whilst I run out to check the scores.

Comment

LOL. Luv it.
                                                                                    The best consolation with a possible knock out of the Irish Open is the Masters on this weekend, I'm gutted it clashes.
                                                                                    This promises to be a classic. If Tiger can handle this added pressure he could run away with it due to his undobuted talent plus his advantage on this course. I'm kind of stumped a little outside of Tiger and the resurgent Els.
                                                                                    Goosen seems to be there or thereabouts in every tournament this year and Els and he do inspire each other. I can't wait to see how it pans out. I've changed my mind 6 times this week alone.

Right now I'm going with - Goosen , Poulter (sorry nicky if he win LOL) and Villegas.

Let's not forget big Phil. It's gona be grrreat, you can have my blinds whilst I run out to check the scores.
                                                                                    It doesn't clash. Masters start is April 8th.

Comment

It doesn't clash. Masters start is April 8th.
                                                                                      Thank fk, cheers. were chatting about it on the plane and somehow we thought it was this week. happy days.

Comment

If Poulter somehow manages to get into contention, at any stage over the last two days of the Masters, I hope for viewers sake he's not wearing bright coloured trousers. I really don't want to be looking at shit running down the back of that twats legs on TV.

Comment

Can't wait for the masters. i just cant stop thinkin of who i'm goin to throw the loots on. Can Els keep it goin? hes kind of fell over the line in the last two wins(well schwartzel collapsed in doral) so i still don't think he has really hit top gear. I wouldn't even bother with Tiger. The odds are probbly goin to be shite even though he is just back.

As much as I hate the lad Paul Casey might just have a chance. Long from tee and a good putter is a good combo and he is just getting good since the whole rib thing. There is usually some American guy who gets it going for the masters/majors and flukes his way to a top ten so who could it be?
                                                                                          Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

harrington,kj choi,and geoff ogilvy for me for the masters

Comment

I'm a big Poulter fan. Kid's got heart.

Comment

Im also a bit of a poults fan. What he has done with his game over the last couple of years has been phenomenal but I just cant see him contesting in the masters. Since his heater for that couple of weeks around the matchplay he hasn't been up to much and his shot type( short fade) probably wont cut it around Augusta.

Although after all the shite i've jus said he'll probably win by a canter so you may as well lump it all on him
                                                                                                Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

have to say when he came out with the:
                                                                                                  "hey sham, when i can be arsed it will only be me and tiger"

I thought fair play ya looper
                                                                                                  too many crumbled when they saw tiger walking onto the course

soft money for wearing crap clothes as well

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                                    have to say when he came out with the:
                                                                                                    "hey sham, when i can be arsed it will only be me and tiger"

I thought fair play ya looper
                                                                                                    too many crumbled when they saw tiger walking onto the course

soft money for wearing crap clothes as well
                                                                                                    In fairness that was a tongue in cheek comment and the media coverage has resulted in every half wit thinking that Poulter is a jacked up twat.
                                                                                                    I believe he has been a great spectacle on the PGA Tour this year and has shown that you need a little corner of the market to get exposure. A "Tigerless" tour has shown that it is populated with cardboard cutouts with zero personality and the sponsors are fleeing for cover! The memory of the US Open conclusion is by far a distant memory for you all now because Lucas Glover was about as interesting as melting cheese!
                                                                                                    The top Euro players at the moment are very hard to sell. A quick look at it we see Harrington, Garcia, Kaymer, Westwood and McElroy. All incredibly hard interviews to make look interesting!!
                                                                                                    Poulter on the other hand always has a comment and is always good for a slant.
                                                                                                    Just wish there was a few more that took the hint and got a bit edgier in their comments..

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun View Post
                                                                                                      In fairness that was a tongue in cheek comment and the media coverage has resulted in every half wit thinking that Poulter is a jacked up twat.
                                                                                                      In fairness I always thought he said it with his tongue burrowing a large hole in the side of his mouth

Bit like the Ian Rush "was like living in a foreign country" thing when he went back to Liverpool from Italy

1.Kenny Dalglish said it
                                                                                                      2.He said it as a joke to wind up the press

None of them got the joke, they all thought that Rush actually said it to Kenny and Rush has been stuck with it ever since

*any fancies for this week lads/ladettes

Comment

Poulter is the Luke Swartz of golf

Tiger didn't seem to think it was a joke and more or less pulled him up on it asking had he ever herd of Mickelson.

Comment

Tiger didn't seem to think it was a joke and more or less pulled him up on it asking had he ever herd of Mickelson.
                                                                                                          not going to let my life be ruled by what the famous humourist tiger woods thinks tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                                            not going to let my life be ruled by what the famous humourist tiger woods thinks tbh

shame on you

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm8NnoSHjr8[/ame]

Comment

Poulter is an ignorant cur with a gambling problem
                                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vKzrwMMUD4&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

I've never got the Poulter hate, he's a talented, young, confident guy who likes to have fun. He wears some quality gear, likes football, and likes a gamble and some banter.

Also i respect the way he's made it at the game. He couldn't get a private club pro job, worked on a public course, had to pay green fees to play competitions, turned travelling pro and grinded his way up through the tours for four years before winning rookie of the year in 2000. Thats doing it the hard way for sure.

Comment

Backed Bubba Watson@70. Big hitter and even thoug he missed the cut last week this course should suit.
                                                                                                                      Also J.Merrick for a top 10 finish @20.

Comment

Backed Bubba Watson@70. Big hitter and even thoug he missed the cut last week this course should suit.
                                                                                                                        I'm deffo not a Poulter hater, I remember back to the Ryder cup he was Europes best player, I'm not a huge fan but I think he is a very good player, Harringtons shot on 17th in the British Open killed him off . Poulter was poised. He does ADD something to the game, a bit of a jack the lad in ghey clothes. Hard to figure him but not boring. I'd be Bubba Watson if I was A top pro, the odd good shot but mostly crazy hooks when right in from of the green then the looney happy gilmore ranting. Bubba we need more like ya. Don't back him though, he is a big hitter but as erratci as befckd.
                                                                                                                        If you want a long hitter Quiros is yer man for a long roller coaster ride. Deffo not bubba.

Comment

Not putting down your bet, have not looked yet at any form etc but:

Any and all previous form for the big hitting Bubba's of this world has to be treated carefully since the redesign of the clubs this season

the grip it, rip it and chip it out of the long stuff with a soft wedge game has taken a big kicking off the admins (thankfully)

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X