Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

€75 F/O Live Hand....thoughts & opinions please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

€75 F/O Live Hand....thoughts & opinions please!

I was playing in a €75 F/O over the weekend and the hand I went bust on has been running through my mind constantly so I was just looking for other opinions.......

It's maybe 4/5 hands back after the break, I was playing reasonably well thus far, no showdown poker..... blinds are 300/600 at this point, average stack approx. 20k.....

Play is 5 handed when the button (who has just scooped a massive pot) opens, making it 3.5K....he likes to rock & roll a bit....he's sitting on about 45K....

A very loose small blind calls, after muttering to herself "I need to go all in soon....no I'll call this and then shove".......but keep in mind she hadn't looked at her cards yet when I heard her say that to herself.....she has approx. 9K total.....

I'm in the BB, sitting on approx. 19K.....look down at AK off....I ship the lot and get snapped off by the button who has KK.....flop comes down Kx Jx 4x......and its good night vienna.....

Anything I could have done differently here or do I ship in this spot 100% of the time???

In hindsight I'm thinking that his over 5X raise should have set off alarm bells....

I would never, ever be able to fold this giving your description of the button. 5x raising KK on the button is so bad. UL man, cooler especially after the SB dead 3.5k.

Comment

Standard ship IMO, just a cooler you ran into KK.

Comment

This is a standard shove and I would be shoving hands far worse then AK. Ul.

Lol @ 5x open. Just unbelievably bad.

Comment

Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
          I would never, ever be able to fold this giving your description of the button. 5x raising KK on the button is so bad. UL man, cooler especially after the SB dead 3.5k.
          That's what I kept telling myself but the thing is, all night long he was raising weak to medium strength hands with a 2.5X raise.....that's why I think I maybe could have sniffed out the 5X raise....??

so annoying......such is life

Comment

Originally posted by Delooners View Post
            That's what I kept telling myself but the thing is, all night long he was raising weak to medium strength hands with a 2.5X raise.....that's why I think I maybe could have sniffed out the 5X raise....??

so annoying......such is life
            Not that it matters much in this instance but might want to include reads on players in OP, particularly raise size tendancies. Folding AK here is madness

Comment

Actually it's almost a 6x raise and that's unreal bad.

You certainly aint folding AK and calling here OOP is bad.

Standard ship to see all 5 cards with decent fold equity v button.

Had you seen him raise like this with low to medium pairs before (lots do to try end it pre)?

Just UL to run into KK. But given the dynamic don't think ur ever playing this any other way.

Comment

Yeah never fold here, just ul. Him raising 5x just highlights how low the standard is in all small buy in games around.

Comment

nearly 6x the blind on the button with KK LOL....

just unlucky in my opinion mate bit of a cooler dont think you can ever fold AK in this spot unless you have a dead read on this guy...

Comment

Also, it's 5 handed. AK is a massive, massive hand.

I wouldn't care how many alarm bells are going off, i'd be betting my house in this spot. Way too strong a hand to do otherwise.

Comment

cheers lads and lassies......

I know the hand probably seems just so straight forward and standard to most of ye who read it that ye wouldn't even bother commenting on it but I dont play a lot of poker and I just wanted to get the thoughts of ye who would be playing a far higher standard of poker on a more constant basis......just wanted to see if it was ye in that position would ye smell aces or kings in that spot......

Thank you very much for all ye're comments.....I can sleep easier tonight now!!!!ha

Comment

Folding AK here esp with the dead money from SB caller would be criminal. Calling is a terrible option too so your only option is to shove. Also you have the perfect size stack to do it, over a large open and flat.. These are the kind of spots we can only dream of finding late on in a tournament.

Bad players usually make 5/6x raises with big hands they're also a little scared to see flops with.. QQ-88/AK fall into that category and are far more likely than AA/KK with blockers.
                        "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by Delooners View Post

A very loose small blind calls, after muttering to herself "I need to go all in soon....no I'll call this and then shove".......but keep in mind she hadn't looked at her cards yet when I heard her say that to herself.....she has approx. 9K total.....
                          lol, just lol

Comment

Yeah, your play is fine here. Button raise is ridiculously bad and it sounds like the SB belongs in a mental asylum. Really unlucky to run into KK here. Generally any decent player would be making it ~1600 on the button. He's really just killing any action he should be hoping to get with a hand like KK. He just got lucky that you had such a monster as well.

A lot of players in these tournaments really have no idea whatsoever what they should be doing/what standead raise sizes are. If you have just read in here and have a good idea about bet sizing/position, you should have a decent edge over a lot of players in these tournaments.

Comment

Working...
                            X