Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Live Tournaments and Events
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-13, 16:36   #61
underachievement
Member
 
underachievement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Degenerate88 View Post
Many left in this? Is Padraig O Neill still in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPT View Post
Jamie Louise Barrett 49900
Pat Dowling 37300
Sian Dyson 76500
Chris Canadine 169100
Jock WIlkinson 48500
John mcGrath 157400
Ciaran Smyth 40900
Pat Bermingham 156400
Shane Flynn 56200
Mark Strahan 156800

Shane O'Hara 45000
Michael Barr 109500
Frank Baillie 56200
Padraig O'Neill 111300
Stephen Freeman 256900
Austin Cheetham 43200
Kevin O'Hanlon 141300
Rohan Perera 172200
Crisatie Bartley 73100

Peter Stoneman 38300
Andrew Stothard 60500
John Hanraphy 188200
Julian Thew 33300
Poberto Feola 21500
Phil baker 63900
John Mann 100000
Michael Farrelly 40000
Brian McDonald 96500
Declan O'Connell 70900

Rory Brown 161400
Kevin Corr 103200
Sam O'Connell 113600
David Thomson 22200
Matt Day 46900
Rob White 169900
Pat Tuny 274100
Tony Byrne 1900
Tommy Dyer 59900
Vera Duffy 31700

1200-2400 blinds

1 6600
2 4570
3 3550
4 2920
5 2120
6 1650
7 1200
8 775
9 635
10 480
11 450
12 450

are the payouts

updates https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poke...kCurrentPage=4
..
underachievement is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 12-05-13, 16:38   #62
TonyCascarino
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 301
All payouts posted here are in dirty money, or sterling of you will. So they are not as bad as they look. However, there are still some oddities in them I'll admit. Also, they do not follow the payout structure as stipulated on the spt site. I don't know why thos wasn't used.

On a separate note, the sporting needs to capitalise on this weekend. They could really start to get good numbers in the door. The irish poker scene, like many other things has been a victim of the recession. Daily and weekly tournamemts have been affected and bigger tournaments are struggling to hit and are often missing guarantees. Yet, despite this, the sky poker tour weekend at the sporting was over subscribed and a resounding success. Why? In short, the structure. The structure coupled with the guarantee is a winner. I for one, was desperate to play. So this winning formula needs to be recycled. First, I thought monthly but this is too much and further saturates an already weakening market. So what I propose is that the sporting simply replicate this tourney and hold it 3/4 times a year. A quarterly tournament if you will. Same structure, same guarantee, it will fill every time. Not only will it fill but it will hopefully have a serious knock on effect for the se's regular tournaments. It would also be way better valur than the fitz eom and would really give poker players something to look forward to on the live scene. I mean if this was successful, the se could introduce theor their own eom down the line. I busted in 29th and I'm pretty sick. I would be a lot less sick if I could have another craic in 3 months. Let's get this idea going. You know you want it.
TonyCascarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-13, 17:14   #63
tylerdurden94
Ad-Min-Is-Trator Yo!
 
tylerdurden94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Dillon - Texas
Posts: 21,499
The SE is done (would take a miracle) when this tournament finishes tonight it will be back to the norm. This Sky Poker tournament has been pumped to hell on here with numerous threads about it but when it all kicked off yesterday it took 10 hours to get any clear info, how many played/prizepool etc which is ridic!

Shame though as it was my favourite place to play poker for a long time...
__________________
"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)
tylerdurden94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-13, 17:54   #64
Hatedajacks
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,020
2 tables left.
Hatedajacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 12-05-13, 18:47   #65
Gimmeabreak
Chief Tipster
 
Gimmeabreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,268
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
The SE is done (would take a miracle) when this tournament finishes tonight it will be back to the norm. This Sky Poker tournament has been pumped to hell on here with numerous threads about it but when it all kicked off yesterday it took 10 hours to get any clear info, how many played/prizepool etc which is ridic!

Shame though as it was my favourite place to play poker for a long time...
Tilt
Gimmeabreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-13, 18:55   #66
tylerdurden94
Ad-Min-Is-Trator Yo!
 
tylerdurden94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Dillon - Texas
Posts: 21,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
Tilt
__________________
"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)
tylerdurden94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-13, 20:12   #67
Hatedajacks
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,020
Bubble boy
Hatedajacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-13, 20:12   #68
Jayminator
Member
 
Jayminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyCascarino View Post
All payouts posted here are in dirty money, or sterling of you will. So they are not as bad as they look. However, there are still some oddities in them I'll admit. Also, they do not follow the payout structure as stipulated on the spt site. I don't know why thos wasn't used.

On a separate note, the sporting needs to capitalise on this weekend. They could really start to get good numbers in the door. The irish poker scene, like many other things has been a victim of the recession. Daily and weekly tournamemts have been affected and bigger tournaments are struggling to hit and are often missing guarantees. Yet, despite this, the sky poker tour weekend at the sporting was over subscribed and a resounding success. Why? In short, the structure. The structure coupled with the guarantee is a winner. I for one, was desperate to play. So this winning formula needs to be recycled. First, I thought monthly but this is too much and further saturates an already weakening market. So what I propose is that the sporting simply replicate this tourney and hold it 3/4 times a year. A quarterly tournament if you will. Same structure, same guarantee, it will fill every time. Not only will it fill but it will hopefully have a serious knock on effect for the se's regular tournaments. It would also be way better valur than the fitz eom and would really give poker players something to look forward to on the live scene. I mean if this was successful, the se could introduce theor their own eom down the line. I busted in 29th and I'm pretty sick. I would be a lot less sick if I could have another craic in 3 months. Let's get this idea going. You know you want it.
I would have loved to play this and I also thought this would get the SE going again. No nicer place to play in Dublin. Same problems still remain though, parking, food, attitude from the gaming floor, dress code, age profile (has any of this changed????, Maybe some of the regs can confirm).
I know a lot of work went into getting their Monthly Sunday game going but that tourney now struggles.

I would love to see the SE getting going again
Jayminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-13, 22:00   #69
SatNav
Oink Oink
 
SatNav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Portlaoise
Posts: 16,178
Send a message via MSN to SatNav
presume this is Vera Duffy , still in with 9 left???

vera limps from a 5x bb stack and two callers in the blinds

cheetham bets a two diamond flop

vera all in with AA

call by two diamonds, which miss

vera doubles to 10x bb
__________________
Her sky-ness
5starpool
SatNav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-13, 01:38   #70
fivebetbluf3
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayminator View Post
I would have loved to play this and I also thought this would get the SE going again. No nicer place to play in Dublin. Same problems still remain though, parking, food, attitude from the gaming floor, dress code, age profile (has any of this changed????, Maybe some of the regs can confirm).
I know a lot of work went into getting their Monthly Sunday game going but that tourney now struggles.

I would love to see the SE getting going again
25EURO to become a member also? went up tonight for first time to check out the place and the cash action this weekend, lol'd my way back up the fitz upon hearin this at the desk. some might not have a problem with this but i think most will and will laugh upon the suggestion of paying this to become a member
fivebetbluf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-13, 02:24   #71
Flushdraw
The Gamesmaster
 
Flushdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Swieqi, Sunny Malta
Posts: 22,386
Julian Thew took this down. The guy just loves playing poker in Ireland! Delighted he won it if it wasn't to be one of our IPBers, wp
Flushdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Thanks From:
Old 13-05-13, 02:58   #72
Donk Magnet
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivebetbluf3 View Post
25EURO to become a member also? went up tonight for first time to check out the place and the cash action this weekend, lol'd my way back up the fitz upon hearin this at the desk. some might not have a problem with this but i think most will and will laugh upon the suggestion of paying this to become a member
as far as i can remember you get it back in cash chips.
Donk Magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-13, 10:26   #73
Vituperio
Member
 
Vituperio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donk Magnet View Post
as far as i can remember you get it back in cash chips.
Also the fee was waived for the week-end if you mentioned to play take part the side event...or main event
Vituperio is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 13-05-13, 11:46   #74
BigBadPat
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 775
Pat Tuny 274100 This was my Chip count at the end of Day 1.

Did not realise I was chip leader - I was up to over 300K going into the last level on Day 1.
Not bad considering at the 800 / 400 / 100 level I had over 50K and called an All-in but my As were crushed by 9s on the river leaving me with one Ante (100) & 125 in Chips. Then had a turbo Poker ride for a few hours.

Day 2 was a disaster -
Second hand in Vera has gone All In and it came round to me and I look down at As I say sorry to her but I have to call and she crushes my As with a Q on the river.

This summed up Day 2 played tight and when I got it in against short stacks I was always ahead but got crushed on the turn or the river. Must have used up all my Poker luck on Day 1. Made the final 2 table but was out in 18th.

Really enjoyed this event. Met a number of nice people who had travelled from the UK and further afield. Great to see the SE Poker floor buzzing on the day for a change.

Vera was 6th - She made good use of my chips !!

Last edited by BigBadPat; 13-05-13 at 18:07. Reason: Vera
BigBadPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-13, 13:04   #75
RG67
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 719
Well done to Julian Thew who took down this event and well played Pat and Vera on great tournament placings. Wish I could've played the event myself but sadly I had to work it . Like earlier posters said, it would be great if the SE held tournaments like this more frequently, quarterly is good imo too, as I feel they'd easily fill up and it would be great for the poker scene in Dublin.
RG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-13, 13:27   #76
klondyker
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1
SKY POKER TOURNAMENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
The SE is done (would take a miracle) when this tournament finishes tonight it will be back to the norm. This Sky Poker tournament has been pumped to hell on here with numerous threads about it but when it all kicked off yesterday it took 10 hours to get any clear info, how many played/prizepool etc which is ridic!

Shame though as it was my favourite place to play poker for a long time...
Danny you are right is there even any results and payouts posted anywhere ???
klondyker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-13, 13:56   #77
ukpoker
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 41
Write up and payouts here:

http://uk.pokernews.com/news/2013/05...vent-10700.htm

ukpoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Live Tournaments and Events

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 14:16.