Was this bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was this bad

Just wondering about this exit hand, how bad is it or is it standard?

$20 Freeze out on i-poker, level 40-80, 9handed

Hero UTG (2355) opens 160 with QJ
    villian (5450) calls 160 in CO
    BB calls

flop K109

Hero bets 300
    Villian Shoves
    BB folds

Do i just have to call here?
    Villian is at the table 2 rounds and i haven't noticed him play a hand, i sharkscoped him and he was a fish.........
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking

Originally posted by ελέφαντας View Post

BB calls

flop K109

Hero bets 300
    Villian Shoves
    BB folds

Villian is at the table 2 rounds and i haven't noticed him play a hand, i sharkscoped him and he was a fish.........
    snap that call up

he has low flush sometimes but I think k-10, kj, kq kind of hands are there more often than flush so call for sure
    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

he can be shoving alot here with just the bare q or a but tbh i think i just fold sometimes he even has q jx meh i think i just take the safe option i think the min he has here is the same hand with the freeroll.

maybe he has some small flopped flush here too and ur not really beating a whole lot
      standard fold imo.

Comment

Originally posted by ελέφαντας View Post

BB calls

flop K109

Hero bets 300
        Villian Shoves
        BB folds

UTG 9 handed I just fold this pre.

Comment

Pre is marginal

Im not folding now tho.
          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Im not folding here unless villan is ridic tight. Id rule out a set as he would have raised pre and put him on nut flush draw or kq-k9 and snap it off. He will do this with smaller flushes as well I guess but i am not getting away from it in this situation.

Comment

Have to call now. Pre with M of 16 is suicidal UTG. Not good play. With that stack size its much better to go over the top of a raise you think u have beat.
              Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                he can be shoving alot here with just the bare q or a but tbh i think i just fold sometimes he even has q jx meh i think i just take the safe option i think the min he has here is the same hand with the freeroll.

maybe he has some small flopped flush here too and ur not really beating a whole lot
                standard fold imo.
                You think the bottom of their range is QJ with the Q/J??

Surely you can't think that! KJ/K10 type hands are much more likely, mabey even set of 10s! Call and hold!

Comment

I have to agree with the lads have to fold pre, I often do this to avoid such decisions!But as it stands now I think snap call he has a bare here alot of the time and can shove on you since u are covered!!

Comment

against your standard player the ship here is pair plus hi pretty much every time, however at either ends of the spectrum a flush gets more likely i.e u get levlled into this thinking by a very good player or you get reverse-levelled into this thinking by a very bad player.. i call off most of the time, though there ismerit in a fold if you feel you have a discernable edge in the tourney..

Comment

Originally posted by tglynn View Post
                      You think the bottom of their range is QJ with the Q/J??

Surely you can't think that! KJ/K10 type hands are much more likely, mabey even set of 10s! Call and hold!
                      Didn't say it was the bottom of his range but a lot of times I think this is what your faced with.

He could defo have a two pair or kj but he also has the flopped flush here a lot as well as the bare diamond draw.

Comment

I've seen many do this with a flopped 2 pair / set 'protecting against the flush'.

Don' think I fold here but it's not horrible to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                          Didn't say it was the bottom of his range but a lot of times I think this is what your faced with.

He could defo have a two pair or kj but he also has the flopped flush here a lot as well as the bare diamond draw.
                          O sorry, it's just you said "min he has here is same hand and freerolling for flush"!! I don't think he has flopped flush all that often to be honest. If he does have a flush whats he getting value from with a shove? Pretty mus only our exact hand, another flush or 2 pair/set! I think (I may be wrong without looking at the figures right now) but if he has a flush, most people would flat and get value on the turn!!

Comment

Originally posted by tglynn View Post
                            O sorry, it's just you said "min he has here is same hand and freerolling for flush"!! I don't think he has flopped flush all that often to be honest. If he does have a flush whats he getting value from with a shove? Pretty mus only our exact hand, another flush or 2 pair/set! I think (I may be wrong without looking at the figures right now) but if he has a flush, most people would flat and get value on the turn!!
                            thats enough hands to be getting value from for me, hero is raising utg which would usually be a sign of a strong hand

can only see someone flatting with the nut, 2nd flush here so untrue, if he has a small flush he ships imo
                            Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Hero is utg so what's to say villan can't have him on aKx? The reason why he shoves is maybe he has say 56 and another one comes on the turn he now has to fold.

Comment

Just fold pre

We're not deep to be opening UTG with this type of hand Fred

Comment

Have to fold now but you should be snap folding this hand pre.
                                  We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

fold pre call now.

so many of these threads can be ended with the fold pre reply
                                    https://twitter.com/#!/PadraigONeill89

Comment

if you are raising UTG pre with QJ and hit str8 you are likely to be calling

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                        Have to fold now but you should be snap folding this hand pre.
                                        eh .... no on both counts

Comment

Snap call, no debate. Also don't min raise UTG
                                          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

ελέφαντας gon ελέφαντας.
                                            "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by Winning! View Post
                                              ελέφαντας gon ελέφαντας.
                                              gon elephant elephant? Or is google translated fucked?

Comment

Fold pre, call now.

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                Pre is marginal

Im not folding now tho.
                                                Why is pre marginal?

Originally posted by reilly110 View Post
                                                eh .... no on both counts
                                                Fantastic input, any chance I can subscribe to your newsletter?

Comment

This isn't bad at all pre-flop especially if
                                                  1. the table is relatively passive pre-flop eg not much 3betting.
                                                  2. You are competent post flop.
                                                  3. Your image is good.

I much prefer the raise pre if there are antes in play though.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X