Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoyable match alright!

Comment

I see Delaney resigned from the FAI last night. Must be some really bad stuff going to come out if he finally left

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
        Had a strange interaction last night.

Had a few people over to mine before we went out. One of the girls, a close friend of my girlfriend, wanted to get ready in mine and landed up with a suitcase. I gave her a wine glass, she sneered the glass, said she was picky (it's a fucking riedel glass). Demanded to put on her spotify playlist (that really grind my gears) She went into my room while I was in the living room. Then took over it. She barged in while I was having a shave and didn't even let me get dressed in peace. In a taxi she started giving me condescending advice for an interview I've next week. Told me I'm really bad at first impressions. When out for dinner, she borrowed money to pay the bill and told me I wasn't getting it back (?). After the night out I had people back, her taxi got in first, and she was outside the apt shouting at me to open the door. Got in, went into my room, and her stuff was strewn everywhere. I blew a gasket, spent several minutes picking it up and dumped it in my hall. Had to air the room to clear her perfume.

I've never had such rude interactions with someone. Can't even begin to put myself in the shoes of how you could act like that. Yet she's great friend to her friends, really thoughtful and reliable. Just complete unawareness and consideration I guess. (she obv dislikes me at the very least at an unconscious level) She was actually mystified (and annoyed!) about why I moved her stuff. It actually wasn't intended malice (despite what it reads like) .I actually find it so baffling.
        She may be jealous that you’ve “stolen” her friend and/or she’s single. She wants to act like before when it may have been just the girls getting ready for a night out etc. and now it’s different because you’re in the mix.

The best way to handle it is to encourage your GF to have a few girls night out and leave you out of it and when you’re doing a wider group thing to limit the damage she can do. It won’t fully end until she’s got someone herself but you can limit the worst of it.

Good luck with the interview. Lots of opportunity around town at the moment you just need to keep the eye out.
        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Some people said they had the Emma, or Leesa or eve or one of those mattresses on here, what were your reviews? Thinking of getting the Emma one over the others, for no particular reason. It all seems like mumbo jumbo to me.

Think i asked about this before but I'm actually buying one now

Actually, I'll just search this thread like a champ.
          Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 29-09-19, 11:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
            Some people said they had the Emma, or Leesa or eve or one of those mattresses on here, what were your reviews? Thinking of getting the Emma one over the others, for no particular reason. It all seems like mumbo jumbo to me.

Why does this sound to me like you're getting a sex doll rather than a mattress.

Comment

We've had a simba now for 2 years and absolutely love it. So comfortable, and no sign of any damage or sinking, etc.

Only gripe was the chemical smell when you open it which lingered for months.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                We've had a simba now for 2 years and absolutely love it. So comfortable, and no sign of any damage or sinking, etc.

Smell probably won't be a problem, Tar is a single man, he understands the ways of fabreeze in ways you never will

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                  Why does this sound to me like you're getting a sex doll rather than a mattress.
                  Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                  Smell probably won't be a problem, Tar is a single man, he understands the ways of fabreeze in ways you never will
                  Girlfriend and I just broke up, both of these seem like viable options.

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Was looking at this now cheers, see it's in Arnott's for me to test with my sex doll - might pop in to both now.

Seems very similar to the Emma (which btw if anybody has bought one, Murdrum did I think? then you can refer me and we both get €50)
                  Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 29-09-19, 12:02.

Comment

Radio humour stuff

Alexei Sayle's Imaginary sandwich bar

Alexei Sayle seems to have finally found how to make his shouty stuff funny

Comment

Is that why you haven't been posting recently?

Where's the friend who declared her love for you at?

Just had Quorn's vegan ham slices for the first time there for lunch. Had never heard of mycoprotein before, mmm...mould!

Comment

I almost feel bad about how much I’m enjoying the Japan defeat ....almost.
                        So many different notes to savour , it just keeps coming.

Won’t be long before we hear the “6 nations is a second string comp,northern hemisphere rugger is in crisis” line getting trotted out.

I predicted this. Especially after people lost the run of themselves when we scraped a win in a friendly against a NZ team on an end of their season moneyspinning world tour.

I’ll go through the motions of faux disappointment at work tomorrow. But inside I’m dancing
                        Last edited by Guest; 29-09-19, 15:56.

Comment

I have the Emma 6 months now. Mixed feelings on it, I thought it would be firmer having read the reviews.

Also it folds more at the edges than I hoped.

Overall, its fine, its 500-600e after all but if you're going down the memory foam Simba, Easca, Eve or Emma, I'd probably look elsewhere.

We bought this https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/p/morgeda...grey-80283788/ for the spare room and used it while we were doing up our own. I have to say it's fantastic value, arguably better than Emma especially relative to price.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                            I almost feel bad about how much I’m enjoying the Japan defeat ....almost.
                            So many different notes to savour , it just keeps coming.

Won’t be long before we hear the “6 nations is a second string comp,northern hemisphere rugger is in crisis” line getting trotted out.

I predicted this. Especially after people lost the run of themselves when we scraped a win in a friendly against a NZ team on an end of their season moneyspinning world tour.

I’ll go through the motions of faux disappointment at work tomorrow. But inside I’m dancing
                            You won't be dancing for long . Ireland just got complacent. Most people were reasonable . Don't judge them by me. We will win it .WE WILL WIN IT.

Comment

Was looking at this now cheers, see it's in Arnott's for me to test with my sex doll - might pop in to both now.

Seems very similar to the Emma (which btw if anybody has bought one, Murdrum did I think? then you can refer me and we both get €50)
                              I didn't spot this, my response may have been different

If you are ordering, I'll refer you if you PM me your email address.

Comment

SPOILER
                                Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                Max barbers Liffey St a last resort. They were blacklisted a few years back by me for to much yabbering to eachother in sputnik. But worse than that numerous time outs to check mobile phones or have a word with someone or other. They would intermittently just drift off!. They served their sentence but I still haven't been back since. Maybe things have changed there in recent years especially as Lao Lao seems satisfied not that hes ever pernikity about things.

My current fav is Max Barbers Talbot St. Its a fav of the travellers and the only barbers ive seen who have a doorman!. So theres plenty of charachter there. They have a matriarch there that looks like a younger version of Tony Sopranos mother. She does fack all but swiveling on her seat yacking away. The one on the till is like Tonys bit on the side. Doesnt cut hair just takes the money and does her nails which are pristine.

Always women of different cultures but mostly Polski and Slav. I did see a Japanese girl there last couple times looking the park and no shrinking violet. On my last visit they aquired a male barber from brazil who they have ferretted up the back working alone and kept away from general pop amongst the females.

It was indicated by the Japanese that I was issued to him so I took the nearest seat I seen available, with that Sopranos ma and the Japanese girl goes no no no no up there go up there. So clearly hes not allowed work amongst the women yet.

Tian Du Hair Studio a Chinese place on Capel Street is a narrow 2nd fav for a no nonsence hair cut but they are popular with swathes of Chinese who seem to bring the family so you need to be in early.

Im due for a hair cut tomorrow actually.

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                Any interest in meeting up for a haircut and a couple of pints? Always wanted to try Lloyds on Amiens st, but find the area a bit intimidating.
                                Agreed to meet up with ComradeCollie and he's a good guy. He ducked out of the haircut as it was all too much for him. Pint in The Celt before hours then couple pints in Lloyds but needed to get out to preserve life and limb as his garrulous chortling is getting looks. Before that a fella came in selling robbed goods from a plastic bag. Toothpaste he proffered first before the makeup and keyrings. Got us into safer confines and all was good.

He even brought me along for me a home baked wholemeal which was top drawer when I tried it after getting home.
                                SPOILER

Comment

Tried the aul Simba in Arnotts there, so if you saw a sleeping hipster I'm your man. Was great! A lot of the higher end offerings were too damn soft or felt strange. I didn't get to try a lot of them though, would take forever + I'm not spending 5k on a
                                  mattress. Simba was cloud like. Apparently is essentially the same as the Emma, so whichever I get cheaper.

I lay on it for about half an hour or so, had a nap. It's funny seeing everybody swan about barely touching the beds and skittering away. A bit of "What will the neighbours think?" if they actually tested them I guess.

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                  Is that why you haven't been posting recently?

Where's the friend who declared her love for you at?

Just had Quorn's vegan ham slices for the first time there for lunch. Had never heard of mycoprotein before, mmm...mould!
                                  I guess that is a big part of it, keeping my mind off things is easier when I'm out with people or exercising than at a computer. Turns out I love yoga and rock climbing, and I've been meaning to start singing and dancing.

That girl took a few months break from contact with me and we started hanging out again recently. Seems to still be in love, perhaps smelled blood in the water . I've started a similar break now with my ex, as I can't be dealing with the confusing situation we are in, confusing is an understatement. Withdrawal is difficult to say the least.

I quite like a lot of the Quorn offerings, there's so much new products in general these days that I can't even keep up. Went to vegfest yesterday, ate from 11am until 6pm, was tempted to go back again today.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                    I have the Emma 6 months now. Mixed feelings on it, I thought it would be firmer having read the reviews.

Also it folds more at the edges than I hoped.

Overall, its fine, its 500-600e after all but if you're going down the memory foam Simba, Easca, Eve or Emma, I'd probably look elsewhere.

We bought this https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/p/morgeda...grey-80283788/ for the spare room and used it while we were doing up our own. I have to say it's fantastic value, arguably better than Emma especially relative to price.
                                    I didn't spot this, my response may have been different

If you are ordering, I'll refer you if you PM me your email address.
                                    Hmm, not sure. Maybe I'll try the 100 days free return thing. Both that and the Simba seem to be a 6/10 firmness. The whole reason I am getting one is needing it due to back pain after my car accident, so I'll be expensing it to my court case. Price doesn't matter too much then, I just wouldn't want to take the piss so would like to get something that helps me without being exorbitant.

Comment

Hmm, not sure. Maybe I'll try the 100 days free return thing. Both that and the Simba seem to be a 6/10 firmness. The whole reason I am getting one is needing it due to back pain after my car accident, so I'll be expensing it to my court case. Price doesn't matter too much then, I just wouldn't want to take the piss so would like to get something that helps me without being exorbitant.
                                      That was our intention but in our efforts to remain debt free outside of mortgage, we were slow finishing the house so we went over the 100 days. That said, we wouldn't have returned it anyway.

Probably one positive for me is that it's definitely cooler than the Ikea and we have air to water in the house so I know the temperature was consistent to within 1 or 2 degrees.

If it's being expensed though, it might be worth drafting in GAB

Comment

I seem to remember him recommending the Tempur before, maybe I should go back and try and find a firm one of those in Arnotts. Or a good mini pocket sprung mattress. I fully realise all these eve, simba, emma beds are about 50 quid of materials and the most expensive part of them is marketing. But that could be all beds for all i know.

Comment

@Michelle, I left really good feedback just there over text for a Sky rep I dealt with on the phone yesterday.

What happens with that? Does he get a pat on the back?
                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                            @Michelle, I left really good feedback just there over text for a Sky rep I dealt with on the phone yesterday.

What happens with that? Does he get a pat on the back?
                                            It goes straight to their line manager yeah. You just about get a pat on the back if you're really lucky tbh lol.

Edit.... I hope you didn't add anything to package without consulting me first!! Lol
                                            Her sky-ness
                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                              It goes straight to their line manager yeah. You just about get a pat on the back if you're really lucky tbh lol.

Edit.... I hope you didn't add anything to package without consulting me first!! Lol
                                              Haha of course not. Was trimming the fat.
                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                Haha of course not. Was trimming the fat.
                                                She prob got a slap on the wrist so 😂
                                                Her sky-ness
                                                © 5starpool

Comment

She prob got a slap on the wrist so 😂
                                                  Quickest gender reassignment ever too
                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Amazed the bread survived it's journey today. Two busses, three pubs, a bit of rambling in between. The chap trying to sell his mediocre stolen wares made the day though....who needs a time machine.

Comment

I'm enjoying your name change more than rounders tale tbh lol

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                        I'm enjoying your name change more than rounders tale tbh lol
                                                        I even brought a copy of Marx's 'Critique of the Gotha Program' with me, just in case the conversion dried up, and never has the opportunity to whip it out.

Comment

Went into Netflix earlier and saw there's a film of Between Two Ferns by Zach Galifianakis. I had never watched the episodes of it so I just spent the last two hours watching them all. Brilliant stuff.

All the better considering I was poisoned in a restaurant earlier due to an allergy, was feeling crap with my stomach sore, and laughed my way to feeling better.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                            He actually represented Ireland underage too. Interesting back story.
                                                            He played for UCD for years, and Im Sure got a few Leinster caps, having come in from Blackrock.

SatNav I called sky a month ago to check if they were charging me for multi room as I hadn’t got the second box. They could tell I hadn’t used it, so they refunded me the bill, however they are after sending me a demand notice to “return the box” as they see I’m no longer getting charged for it? Can’t get through to customer support on it. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                              She may be jealous that you’ve “stolen” her friend and/or she’s single. She wants to act like before when it may have been just the girls getting ready for a night out etc. and now it’s different because you’re in the mix.

The best way to handle it is to encourage your GF to have a few girls night out and leave you out of it and when you’re doing a wider group thing to limit the damage she can do. It won’t fully end until she’s got someone herself but you can limit the worst of it.
                                                              Yeah good advice, they are close and she is good to her. Just major personality clash, she thinks I'm distant, I think she's over-bearing. Have to try and mend it for group cohesion though. When someone tilts me I tend to just go inward and disengage, but that can led to instances where I boil over. It looks like an overreaction to the other person because they don't realise then frustration they've built up. Lesson there for me anyway.

Maybe this will be a good thing.

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                              Good luck with the interview. Lots of opportunity around town at the moment you just need to keep the eye out.
                                                              Thanks!

I received CV and interview advice from the careers woman in the college where I'm doing my postgrad. She was fantastic. I'd never really considered getting coaching about that sort of thing, but certainly can see the value. First time going for am interview for a real job in 7 years.
                                                              Last edited by Denny Crane; 30-09-19, 11:25.

Comment

^ actually one thing I thought was interesting, she advised that I say "x" on my CV, I said it was in my cover letter.

"Cover letters were how we did things 10 years ago". Now it's all in the profile/CV. The advice used to be that it was a way to differentiate yourself and show you're not just spamming CVs.

Think GAB said something similar to MrsFD a while back; that a cover letter should be short.

Comment

Richie was kind enough to offer some advice to me last year. My primary take away from it was that the language I used was "flowery".
                                                                  Ceratinly helped it seems as my CV was complimented on structure.

I've been applying lately, I'm not here too long but the team seems in a pretty precarious position so looking around. I had one interview a few months ago but the position was more senior than the description so unsurprised I didn't get it.
                                                                  I also had one last week and I have another next week. I haven't applied in Dublin as of yet but I'll do so if I dont get what I want by April.

Is the PG beneficial for the roles you're currently looking at?

Comment

Anyone have a spare eir login? Won’t let me use the ap even if I buy eir sports, you have to have BB with them

Comment

Richie was kind enough to offer some advice to me last year. My primary take away from it was that the language I used was "flowery".
                                                                      Ceratinly helped it seems as my CV was complimented on structure.

I've been applying lately, I'm not here too long but the team seems in a pretty precarious position so looking around. I had one interview a few months ago but the position was more senior than the description so unsurprised I didn't get it.
                                                                      I also had one last week and I have another next week. I haven't applied in Dublin as of yet but I'll do so if I dont get what I want by April.

Is the PG beneficial for the roles you're currently looking at?
                                                                      I think so. That's the first job I've applied for, so I don't have proof yet. I feel it does broaden what I can go for, and adds something to what I've been doing. I've been making data based decisions for the last 10 years, rather than just clicking buttons

That being said, it is another trading job, so perhaps it was superfluous, but at the very least it's concrete proof of seeking to improve.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                        He played for UCD for years, and Im Sure got a few Leinster caps, having come in from Blackrock.

SatNav I called sky a month ago to check if they were charging me for multi room as I hadn’t got the second box. They could tell I hadn’t used it, so they refunded me the bill, however they are after sending me a demand notice to “return the box” as they see I’m no longer getting charged for it? Can’t get through to customer support on it. Any ideas?
                                                                        New text only number 0861803175
                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

@Denny:

Reckon your gf's friend is trying to prove something about you to your gf. This kind of OTT act is usually an attempt to dupe you into reacting a certain way IME.
                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                            @Denny:

Reckon your gf's friend is trying to prove something about you to your gf. This kind of OTT act is usually an attempt to dupe you into reacting a certain way IME.
                                                                            Weary of turning this into the Personal Issues forum

SPOILER
                                                                            It could seem like that. I don't think it is. Big part of it us just that we're really different. She probably gets more overbearing out of unease, the more distant I get with her.

I probably grate on her by not being overly friendly. And probably she has her own things bothering her, which all combined into making her unintentionally/intentionally rude. Since that night I've heard worse stories about how she takes over people's houses, so it's not just me.

And I think she's someone that needs to be told, or nipped in the bud about how she's acting, she doesn't realise it and continues to go on.

It is funny though really. I've never had a night where every interaction with someone was negative (there's more than what I posted). And today she's wondering am I sorry for moving her belongings, and why I over reacted so much.
                                                                            Last edited by Denny Crane; 30-09-19, 12:40.

Comment

I very rarely post here but lurk all the time, enjoy the various Bants etc. But reading your story Denny, and being at least twice as old as most of you young things in here - with lots and lots of experience before I got married - my thoughts on this would be that you have a nutter in the group. I know group cohesion etc is important but I would do everything in my power to keep away, and stay away, from this person. It's just my strong intuition. I say that in the full knowledge of my complete ignorance of your good self, your gf, the group you hang out with etc. Just something to maybe think on. With apologies if I'm sticking my oar in where it's not wanted.

Comment

Whatever about her being a thoughtful and reliable friend, she sounds fucking appaling going by that description, especially the negging with regards first impressions. If a friend of mine treated a girlfriend with unjustified rudeness you'd be having words. Its disrespectful to you if that's allowed fester.
                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Rahenyrhythm View Post
                                                                                  I very rarely post here but lurk all the time, enjoy the various Bants etc. But reading your story Denny, and being at least twice as old as most of you young things in here - with lots and lots of experience before I got married - my thoughts on this would be that you have a nutter in the group. I know group cohesion etc is important but I would do everything in my power to keep away, and stay away, from this person. It's just my strong intuition. I say that in the full knowledge of my complete ignorance of your good self, your gf, the group you hang out with etc. Just something to maybe think on. With apologies if I'm sticking my oar in where it's not wanted.
                                                                                  I'd never have spend time with her on my own, voluntarily, even before this. But I wouldn't want to impose on someone else's friendship or on their interpretation of someone. Maybe in the fullness of time things will get shaken out. On the other hand, I've seen it where someone is insufferable when there's a pressure on some part of their life, and when that's removed or fixed, they are totally different people, so reluctant to totally write off.

And obv she has positive characteristics, if this was the sum total of her, she'd never have been around in the first instance. But, I'll never find myself in that position again.

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                  Whatever about her being a thoughtful and reliable friend, she sounds fucking appaling going by that description, especially the negging with regards first impressions. If a friend of mine treated a girlfriend with unjustified rudeness you'd be having words. Its disrespectful to you if that's allowed fester.
                                                                                  Yeah, I was asked about drawing a line under it, but it's a pattern of behaviour rather than "an incident".

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                    I disagree completely with everything everyone has said so far (not quoting the above post for any particular reason).

I think Denny has a completely different type of friends, that tend to behave differently than most of the people that post here. The culture of the group is very different, much more liberal and with fewer inhibitions towards social behaviour. From reading Denny's initial post on what happens it seemed like both parties were to blame for the awkwardness.

So my reading of it is that the girl arrived up, excited to be going out and seeing her friends etc etc. Denny is listening to some Avant guarde electronica, but she wants to put on some party tunes. Then he makes a cutting remark about her lack of knowledge of glassware - this is not the right time or place for such a comment. Now, the girl is here to have fun (not that type of fun), and Denny is insisting on Shaving alone. For many groups and people, half the fun of going out is the shared experience of getting ready. This might not be something you are into or experienced with, but you should realise that you are the odd one out here, not her.

Then moving onto later everyone is having a good time, she's clearly the boisterous type, and she is enjoying being basically the co-host. One of the ways she shows how comfortable and happy she is in the scenario is leaving her stuff all over the bedroom. This isn't a mark of disrespect, it's actually a compliment. Denny reacts to a compliment by throwing her stuff into the hall.

So, you can see how every single interaction can be viewed very differently. Had Denny reacted differently he could have developed a very strong bond. I would recommend trying to go with the flow with this sort of thing, it's a much more rewarding experience than fuming in the bathroom. Part of socialising and experiencing the world is dealing with people that have different social mores than you do. If there is a particular event or behaviour that was really repellent to you, you could bring it up gently in a friendly tone. Once you start chucking clothes around its going to be hard to defuse the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                      I disagree completely with everything everyone has said so far
                                                                                      That's been going on for a few months now.

Comment

LOL.

It’s a compliment.

Gtfo hj.

I actually don’t disagree that going with the flow is a good way to figure someone out but to ask him to interpret her leaving her shit everywhere as a compliment is a joke.
                                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I disagree completely with everything everyone has said so far (not quoting the above post for any particular reason).

I think Denny has a completely different type of friends, that tend to behave differently than most of the people that post here. The culture of the group is very different, much more liberal and with fewer inhibitions towards social behaviour. From reading Denny's initial post on what happens it seemed like both parties were to blame for the awkwardness.

So my reading of it is that the girl arrived up, excited to be going out and seeing her friends etc etc. Denny is listening to some Avant guarde electronica, but she wants to put on some party tunes. Then he makes a cutting remark about her lack of knowledge of glassware - this is not the right time or place for such a comment. Now, the girl is here to have fun (not that type of fun), and Denny is insisting on Shaving alone. For many groups and people, half the fun of going out is the shared experience of getting ready. This might not be something you are into or experienced with, but you should realise that you are the odd one out here, not her.

Then moving onto later everyone is having a good time, she's clearly the boisterous type, and she is enjoying being basically the co-host. One of the ways she shows how comfortable and happy she is in the scenario is leaving her stuff all over the bedroom. This isn't a mark of disrespect, it's actually a compliment. Denny reacts to a compliment by throwing her stuff into the hall.

So, you can see how every single interaction can be viewed very differently. Had Denny reacted differently he could have developed a very strong bond. I would recommend trying to go with the flow with this sort of thing, it's a much more rewarding experience than fuming in the bathroom. Part of socialising and experiencing the world is dealing with people that have different social mores than you do. If there is a particular event or behaviour that was really repellent to you, you could bring it up gently in a friendly tone. Once you start chucking clothes around its going to be hard to defuse the situation.

(I'm not sure if your post is sophism or not, but just to say, the fuming was all internal, I didn't not play her music, I didn't say anything back to her remark about the glass (just added that to show how off base a comment she was making), she was putting on her make up in my room alone, I wasn't getting in the way of group getting ready together, I didn't retort to any thing she said to me)

Interesting point about being comfortable. Part of the reason why I posted is I couldn't get into head of the person. I stil feel it was a territorial thing

If there is a particular event or behaviour that was really repellent to you, you could bring it up gently in a friendly tone. Once you start chucking clothes around its going to be hard to defuse the situation.
                                                                                          Yep. I felt provoked, but it wasn't the way to deal with it.

I don't think going with the flow is the right approach though. I've being do that and it's just being getting worse. She's obv oblivious to how she impinges on other people (and I don't just mean me)

I think Denny has a completely different type of friends, that tend to behave differently than most of the people that post here. The culture of the group is very different, much more liberal and with fewer inhibitions towards social behavior
                                                                                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 30-09-19, 15:09.

Comment

Was surprised Rounders hadn't heard of Bob Mortimer's podcast, Athletico Mince. You can listen to old episodes here https://athleticomince.com/ though it's best to get the acast app as it updates more regularly.

Here's that other podcast where Coco talks about yellow niggers!

SPONSORS:- Head over to http://bit.ly/MYBHoneyDew and use promo code HONEYDEW to activate your offer!Joey Diaz is back on the HoneyeDew, ya'll! He picks up r...

Comment

Was hoping that rounders would include a report about the bar man in Celt in his TR.

Comment

(Just to say though, the fuming was all internal, I didn't not play her music, I didn't say anything back to her remark about the glass (just added that to show how off base a comment she was making), she was putting on her make up in my room alone, I wasn't getting in the way of group getting ready together, I didn't retort to any thing she said to me)

Interesting point about being comfortable. Part of the reason why I posted is I couldn't get into head of the person. I stil feel it was a territorial thing

Yep. I felt provoked, but it wasn't the way to deal with it.

I don't think going with the flow is the right approach though. She's obv oblivious to how she impinges on other people (and I don't just mean me)

How did you actually deal with any of these incidents? It sounds like you might have just meekly complied and given the impression you didn't mind any of these things before then throwing her clothes in an unexplained heap later. I could see how she might be confused and think you just did this as a drunken act of bad behaviour rather than a reaction to a series of behaviours she doesn't realise annoyed you.

I'm fairly sure I would have reacted by saying 'that's a Riedel glass you pleb', 'my house, my music', 'fuck off out of my room until I finish shaving' etc at every step along the way. We're about the same age and I would have had a fairly eclectic group when I was in Dublin but I can't say I ever remember having to do the level of analysis you seem to have to around social interactions!

Is it more likely that you have a particular unreasonable set of acquaintances or that you over-analyse and under-assert? The direct approach at least has the benefit that everyone knows where they stand.

Comment

A clear reverso post? Are you the friend? Why so many clothes?

Comment

Was hoping that rounders would include a report about the bar man in Celt in his TR.
                                                                                                    What about him? Served me a pint at 11.55 on a Sunday, no complaints from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                      How did you actually deal with any of these incidents? It sounds like you might have just meekly complied and given the impression you didn't mind any of these things before then throwing her clothes in an unexplained heap later. I could see how she might be confused and think you just did this as a drunken act of bad behaviour rather than a reaction to a series of behaviours she doesn't realise annoyed you.

Is it more likely that you have a particular unreasonable set of acquaintances or that you over-analyse and under-assert? The direct approach at least has the benefit that everyone knows where they stand.
                                                                                                      Yeah that's why I've been saying, that I should have said something earlier. But each comment in isolution didn't seem to warrant something. And I kinda presume people can read reactions/demeanour/body language, but yeah I should just say more.

Think the over-analysis is that my brain stews on something until I can make sense of it. I couldn't put myself in those shoes and walk around at all.

Both really, a lot of big personalities and I end up some choice situations. Part of it too is the length of time together, it's difficult to clash with even the biggest gowl if you're just going for a pint or two.
                                                                                                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 30-09-19, 15:57.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                                        What about him? Served me a pint at 11.55 on a Sunday, no complaints from me.
                                                                                                        The guy I know that works in there is one of the funniest people I've ever met. May not have been him on duty. He had an unflattering mustache last time I saw him.

Comment

Did anyone end up doing any of those Springboard courses?

Comment

Denny currently. I planned to start one last year but too busy. I've just been accepted into another for 2020. Great value tbf

Comment

In a similar vein, did anyone end up doing that Artificial Intelligence masters in Limerick or know anyone who did it/doing it and have any reports on it?

Opr

Comment

Yeah I'm finishing up one now, would highly recommend it if you can set aside the time. €700 for a masters is not to be sniffed at.

Comment

And... Over and out for 2 weeks, longest holiday out of sky since I started 4 yrs ago.

The whole team target per agent lower than usual, I'm presuming that's, cause I'm gone for half the month

God help my already fucked liver
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Geebags are not for pandering to unless there is nookie. I'm adopting the Hotspuresque Because woof approach to this.

HJ is all about the respect for wimmin even when they show little respect back.

It's like comrade courier types , we voted for marriage when all they wanted was freedom in the kitchen to make select bread .. No sign of a wedding. We are done bending over . Oooh matron .

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

HJ is all about the respect for wimmin even when they show little respect back.
                                                                                                                      It's nothing to do with respect for women, just for trying to see other peoples side of the story

Comment

Had a strange interaction last night.

Had a few people over to mine before we went out. One of the girls, a close friend of my girlfriend, wanted to get ready in mine and landed up with a suitcase. I gave her a wine glass, she sneered the glass, said she was picky (it's a fucking riedel glass). Demanded to put on her spotify playlist (that really grind my gears) She went into my room while I was in the living room. Then took over it. She barged in while I was having a shave and didn't even let me get dressed in peace. In a taxi she started giving me condescending advice for an interview I've next week. Told me I'm really bad at first impressions. When out for dinner, she borrowed money to pay the bill and told me I wasn't getting it back (?). After the night out I had people back, her taxi got in first, and she was outside the apt shouting at me to open the door. Got in, went into my room, and her stuff was strewn everywhere. I blew a gasket, spent several minutes picking it up and dumped it in my hall. Had to air the room to clear her perfume.

I've never had such rude interactions with someone. Can't even begin to put myself in the shoes of how you could act like that. Yet she's great friend to her friends, really thoughtful and reliable. Just complete unawareness and consideration I guess. (she obv dislikes me at the very least at an unconscious level) She was actually mystified (and annoyed!) about why I moved her stuff. It actually wasn't intended malice (despite what it reads like) .I actually find it so baffling.
                                                                                                                        Sounds like a friend's ex. We were home for a weekend at my parents' house and they dropped in on a Saturday afternoon just for a tea. She demanded a cup instead of a mug which actually took ages to sort out (finicky fucker). Was really odd. Then just started vaping in the room without asking anyone if it was okay. Mum asked her to go outside, and she just stormed out the front door and went and sat in his car.

Happily enough she wasn't on the scene long. I was absolutely amazed that someone could get to their late 20s and not have had those edges thoroughly fucked off them though. Truly bizarre.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X