Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
    So you’re saying that he got elected and solely by his words and the fact of him being who he is that immigration has reduced?
    He'd certainly deter me from going there

Comment

I think we should definitely celebrate that lots of poor people are being denied the chance to have a fractionally better life 20 miles further north.

Comment

Who is this guy, someone at a quiz and it's ruining my evening
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
          can't see that
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Nick Hewer

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
              Nick Hewer I think, from countdown and the apprentice.

Comment

The mother just threw this up on FB , big sulky head on me lol 1973/74 dunno , London Zoo

she obv was into star wars in this one lol father still cool to this day obv

Her sky-ness
                © 5starpool

Comment

No IPL for Eoin Morgan
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                    Nick Hewer I think, from countdown and the apprentice.
                    Thanks that's him, knew TVs but couldn't put a finger onnit,
                    Prob too late for my friend the quiz cheating scum 🙂

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                      @Kayroo

This is it. He hasn't even had a chance to get the wall going yet and just by his words basically has decreased the illegals.
                      Wow, even for you!

His words would have increased the traffic if anything

Get fucking into the country before they make it impossible to get in

I really hope you are a troll, cause if you're not...

Comment

Some of you are aware that there's a legal migration system in place, right?

Comment

Are you going soon?

Comment

Changing the topic again?
                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Has anyone watched Sense8? I just saw it mentioned on Twitter and see that the writers/directors of the Matrix are involved along with the creator of Babylon 5. Seems to have good reviews also...

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                Folks, I've two tickets for Arcade Fire for this Friday, 6th April at the 3 Arena that I can no longer go to. Face value is 172 quid but happy for them to go for 150 to a regular on here.

Was looking forward to it but after just coming back from a three day wedding, we've decided to head off to Ibiza for a few days to chill out so won't be back in time for it.

PM me if anybody is interested
                                Bump, looks like this didn't sell out and there is quite a few tickets left.

If anybody wants them FOC, let me know and I'll pass them on rather than them go to waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                  No IPL for Eoin Morgan
                                  His form has been poor I think anyhows. Warner’s abd Smith’s behaviors was beyond dumb bloody cameras everywhere. Stokes got bought for 1.4 million not bad fir a couple of months work. He should probably stop bashing people on the street.

Comment

Just back from seeing Chicago house music legend Lil Louis in a Boiler Room/Mixmag Lab-style event in the Button Factory as part of a short tour he's doing to promote a new project.

So you hand in your phone when you go in, get an 'envelope receipt' with a lyric sheet for 10 tracks (songs) and you are supposed to mark how much you'd like the tracks on the sheet which you'd have to give back on the way out.

Sounds like at total pain in the hole but once it got moving you could see why they did it.

Basically the event was a demonstration of an elaborate concept about six albums Louis was about to release distilled from 1,600 tracks he'd written over the last 6 years or so and mostly after a breakup and some after his mother's death.

He explained the concept involving a cast characters (animated and hanging from the ceiling) and started playing the suite of tracks, pausing after each one briefly to introduce the next.

The flavour veered from disco to acid, including some soulful house and plenty of frantic electro-vocoder breaks and he had 100 people hopping at 10.30 on a Thursday night.

It was a clever marketing tactic for what appears be a significant event in modern electronic dance music. If he releases the albums in the right way he might pull it off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y8w2W1uy2A

Comment

Anyone here a mechanic who owns their shop or a dismantler who owns their yard?

6 pack of beers in it if you PM me and are willing to have a conversation!
                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                        Just back from seeing Chicago house music legend Lil Louis in a Boiler Room/Mixmag Lab-style event in the Button Factory as part of a short tour he's doing to promote a new project.
                                        Flip flopped a fair bit on whether to go to that and didn't in the end. Last couple of times I've seen him were pretty tedious with constant vocal samples reminding everyone that he's the godfather of house.

Glad it wasn't a disaster

Comment

If anyone is in London on the 12th April, and wants to go and see Nathaniel Rateliff and the night sweats, I've got two tickets I'm happy to sell cheaply. Bought them 6 months ago, but can't go as my leg is still broken.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                            If anyone is in London on the 12th April, and wants to go and see Nathaniel Rateliff and the night sweats, I've got two tickets I'm happy to sell cheaply. Bought them 6 months ago, but can't go as my leg is still broken.
                                            I see a pattern emerging...

Completely forgot about the New Model Army tickets for this day week. Do you know of anyone that would use them, FOC. I would need to be posting them by Monday. If not i will stick them on a fan forum for free.
                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

McDonalds drive through Tallaght 2019.

Me : Big Mac meal please.

Window : Give it up ya fat bastard, do some exercise

Me : You cheeky bastard

Window : I’ll knock your bleeding head off. Djya want fries with that?

Me : Oh it’s you Conor . Yeah fries please

Window : Gwan drive through.

Comment

Never mind your auld golf, Aintree is where it's at.

Pit your wits against IPB's best and brightest. Just six days to go....
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                  I see a pattern emerging...

Completely forgot about the New Model Army tickets for this day week. Do you know of anyone that would use them, FOC. I would need to be posting them by Monday. If not i will stick them on a fan forum for free.
                                                  i'll ask around this morning and will let you know by lunchtime!!

Comment

The Hitch view that basically you can’t be a successful self made billionaire without greasing a few palms because that’s what DOB had to do is pretty farfetched. Just because he’s a household name doesn’t mean others can’t be just as successful but get it quietly and without making waves in the media.

Comment

The Hitch view that basically you can’t be a successful self made billionaire without greasing a few palms because that’s what DOB had to do is pretty farfetched. Just because he’s a household name doesn’t mean others can’t be just as successful but get it quietly and without making waves in the media.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 06-04-18, 08:58.
                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

DO'B is our Abramovich.
                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

I'm going to say that DO'B is correct and Do'B is the monstrosity.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                    Has anyone watched Sense8? I just saw it mentioned on Twitter and see that the writers/directors of the Matrix are involved along with the creator of Babylon 5. Seems to have good reviews also...
                                                                    Watched I think 2 episodes when it came out and didn't really like it. Interesting idea potentailly but I kinda hated most of the characters tbh and thought it was a bit shallow and glossy.

My misses watched a bit more but she thought it got a bit preachy about people being anti trans and same sex relationships which was distracting from the storyline and ran it down some pretty pointless avenues - she is quite pc so it must have gotten annoying.

Not one for the murrays in short but does seem to get good reviews and has at least one renewal so maybe focuses a bit more as they get into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                      oh wait, what had me thinking the o was normally written lowercase?
                                                                      Its fine for say '5 o'clock' but always capitalised in names.

I can give you a handy almost rhyme for remembering if you want.

Lowercase 'o' is fine for time, but use it in name to cause you shame.

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 06-04-18, 09:51.

Comment

Anyone who comes out with a graph like that should have every educational qualification they have ever received rescinded.

Comment

Had a dream that I lived my life over knowing everything I know now, slightly handicapped by the fact I've no interest in sport, but would have DOB looking like a pauper in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                Had a dream that I lived my life over knowing everything I know now, slightly handicapped by the fact I've no interest in sport, but would have DOB looking like a pauper in no time.
                                                                                My dream of a plane crashing while overtaking a motorbike was way more craic.
                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

...

Comment

That's lol bad too

Comment

We should make 'Y Axis = 0 for all graphs' part of the charter.

Comment

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

They use the word tumble + chart that makes the move look far more exaggerated than it is.

There's no way you should be getting excited and posting that here.

Comment

...

Comment

Oh, I hope plunging means up, and seventy five means two hundred

Comment

I wasn't posting the chart for it's COT detail. But it puts in the move in context. Yours is just clickbait for Joe the Dentist watching CNBC worrying about his portfolio.

edit: I mean who's your chart made for? If you're short-term enough that you care about opens, closes and the that specific move, then the chart doesn't show enough detail to be useful, and if you're a long-term holder it's completely useless. It can only be for shock value.
                                                                                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 06-04-18, 11:16.

Comment

I’ve been enjoying watching the 1014 YouTube channel over the past while so it was great to see our very own Trippie make an appearance to discuss European tier 2 rugby on the channel. Well done sir!
                                                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                        I’ve been enjoying watching the 1014 YouTube channel over the past while so it was great to see our very own Trippie make an appearance to discuss European tier 2 rugby on the channel. Well done sir!
                                                                                                        Been listening to Trippie's stuff on soundcloud and saw the appearance on 1014 also. It's absolutely brilliant stuff. I don't have a rugby background at it's been really accessible.

Comment

We've reached the bottom - Chart Wankers

Comment

Resurfacing the topic of houses. Auctioneer brought a guy out with a drone to take a video of the surroundings.
                                                                                                            When the house was bought approx 15 years ago, the guy selling it had paid for a helicopter to take some aerial shots. I have both sets of pics and it's no comparison.

BER rating guy on the way out now. I'd say I'll be lucky to wind up with an E rating, more than likely an F or G. House is just too old.

Definite excitement in house buying/selling but it's pretty stressful too. Nothing like the sweat of the auctioneer finally telling you asking price. Application for planning permission on another place underway too but it's looking like a pain already.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                              Resurfacing the topic of houses. Auctioneer brought a guy out with a drone to take a video of the surroundings.
                                                                                                              When the house was bought approx 15 years ago, the guy selling it had paid for a helicopter to take some aerial shots. I have both sets of pics and it's no comparison.

BER rating guy on the way out now. I'd say I'll be lucky to wind up with an E rating, more than likely an F or G. House is just too old.

Definite excitement in house buying/selling but it's pretty stressful too. Nothing like the sweat of the auctioneer finally telling you asking price. Application for planning permission on another place underway too but it's looking like a pain already.
                                                                                                              My attempted purchase is still lumbering on - it's a tedious process no doubt.

Comment

ah that reminds me, I had a question.

I'm in the process of getting our shit together to buy a house.
                                                                                                                As Mrs DP's dad is on his own, we were planning on selling that house and using the money + whatever we borrow to get somewhere where we can all live together. Aside from the culture shock of have a 70odd yr old housemate, I'm all for this as he's pretty isolated at the moment.
                                                                                                                I'm not sure how to go about it in such a way that wont cost us all a bomb in tax and mess up first time buyers stuff as well.
                                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                  Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                  Been listening to Trippie's stuff on soundcloud and saw the appearance on 1014 also. It's absolutely brilliant stuff. I don't have a rugby background at it's been really accessible.
                                                                                                                  Thanks, its all part of a Trump-esque campaign to flood the media airwaves non stop, until I become elevated to the Ireland job as rivals fall by the wayside one after another. I do need some outside support though hence why I didn't say anything negative about the russians.

Seriously though, its really helpful for me,I have to hammer down into my thoughts and put them in a clear and concise manner. The game is becoming more and more complicated but it is just a game with 30 people chasing a ball around a field. So by being able to explain the why is important. Why do we do these things in these areas. There's not much content or resources out there like that globally.

Ireland is very lucky in that it has some of the best rugby content in the world available to us through print and online media. Most other places are still 10 - 15 years behind where it needs to be for the modern global game.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                    I'm not sure how to go about it in such a way that wont cost us all a bomb in tax and mess up first time buyers stuff as well.
                                                                                                                    Can't help with the tax side - there are better qualified people - but your father-in-law can't own any of the new property for you to qualify for the help-to-buy scheme. So he would, in effect, have to sell his home and then gift you the entirety of the proceeds while simultaneously signing away any right he might have to a benefit in the property you then purchase with that money.

The Bank are going to have a problem with it too as they'll see him having a beneficial interest and he'll have to sign a couple of forms to confirm he's waiving that. Probably will need independent legal advice for that too.

Given the sums in play here I'd say it would be well worth your while sitting down with your solicitor and working this out ahead of time and certainly before any applications are made to Revenue or to a bank for funds.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                          ah that reminds me, I had a question.

I'm in the process of getting our shit together to buy a house.
                                                                                                                          As Mrs DP's dad is on his own, we were planning on selling that house and using the money + whatever we borrow to get somewhere where we can all live together. Aside from the culture shock of have a 70odd yr old housemate, I'm all for this as he's pretty isolated at the moment.

Your FIL sells up and gifts his daughter an amount of money (which will count against her inheritance limits). She then combines this with your family savings and gets mortgage approval with you and you buy somewhere. FIL has no claim on the new house but does come and live with you both.

The tricky thing is to make sure that your FIL is happy and mentally capable to decide to do this (that is to have no formal entitlement to live in the new house etc) and that no other siblings are in the mix to get upset about an inheritance "loss" and get it all done legally in advance of making any house bids etc.

The other challenge is your FIL will have to come live with you before ye buy the new house and that could be a period of 6-12 months before you actually buy a place. You may need to rent a bigger place in the interim in the interests of domestic harmony.
                                                                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X