Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early in Warmup AA multiway

No Info on Villain. Two super soft spots on table though

Poker Stars $200+$15 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t40/t80 Blinds - 9 players - View hand 1824247
    DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: t10096 126.20 BBs
    BTN: t14509 181.36 BBs
    SB: t5243 65.54 BBs
    BB: t11993 149.91 BBs
    Hero (UTG): t11890 148.62 BBs
    UTG+1: t10912 136.40 BBs
    UTG+2: t8171 102.14 BBs
    MP1: t8914 111.42 BBs
    MP2: t10135 126.69 BBs

Pre Flop: (t120) Hero is UTG with A :heart: A :spade:
    Hero raises to t240, 2 folds, MP1 calls t240, MP2 calls t240, CO calls t240, 1 fold, SB calls t200, 1 fold

Flop: (t1280) 4 :heart: T :club: Q :spade: (5 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets t560, MP1 calls t560, MP2 raises to t1120, CO folds, SB folds, Hero?

Theres that many bad players at the start of these tournies id normally just flat AA early on and keep the pot small unless you hit/isolate one guy. Bit yeh in your position I muck. You could be so far ahead and at the same time so far behind.

Comment

Originally posted by SirRickyHatton View Post
      Theres that many bad players at the start of these tournies id normally just flat AA early on and keep the pot small unless you hit/isolate one guy. Bit yeh in your position I muck. You could be so far ahead and at the same time so far behind.

Comment

I'm utg, obv gonna open.

Comment

Originally posted by danutpeddler View Post
          I'm utg, obv gonna open.
          Yeh personally I just flat call bb and any raise ahead of me. Like I said early on in these games, theyre filled with idiots. No point building a big spot so early on when you dont know where you stand.

Comment

Yeh personally I just flat call bb and any raise ahead of me. Like I said early on in these games, theyre filled with idiots. No point building a big spot so early on when you dont know where you stand.
            limp and call a raise? serious? lol

weird spot obv you open utg unless you limp to RERAISE which i dont really like tbh... anyway once raised on the flop your in a fml spot, i prob call the reraise and re-evaluate turn.

Comment

I doubt very much that a $200+$15 game is full of idiots in fairness!
              Her sky-ness
              © 5starpool

Comment

Open is fine and cbet is obv grand. Is MP1 one of the value spots? If so the raise by MP2 could be lighter than normal. I definitely call the raise anyway and take it to the turn. Not super thrilled about it but you may have to call down here. Id be furiously trying to OPR the raiser to see of he was any use

Comment

Originally posted by gillespie101 View Post
                  limp and call a raise? serious? lol

weird spot obv you open utg unless you limp to RERAISE which i dont really like tbh... anyway once raised on the flop your in a fml spot, i prob call the reraise and re-evaluate turn.
                  You clearly dont have much of an idea how to play early doors poker. 10bbs.have already been spewed off here when they didnt need to be. And this early against idiots if you just limp and slowplay and hit your ace you will probably get paid against one of them. Obviously if i know im going to be heads up pre I play it differently

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                    I doubt very much that a $200+$15 game is full of idiots in fairness!
                    $200 is not alot of money. And have you any idea how many ppl sat into these things for a very small price. Hundreds if not thousands

Comment

You clearly dont have much of an idea how to play early doors poker. 10bbs.have already been spewed off here when they didnt need to be. And this early against idiots if you just limp and slowplay and hit your ace you will probably get paid against one of them. Obviously if i know im going to be heads up pre I play it differently

Comment

You clearly dont have much of an idea how to play early doors poker.
                        generally trying to get as many chips as possible in with a strong hand is encouraged

10bbs.have already been spewed off here when they didnt need to be.
                        lol to this

And this early against idiots if you just limp and slowplay and hit your ace you will probably get paid against one of them
                        lol to set mining with Aces.

Obviously if i know im going to be heads up pre I play it differently
                        Captain hindsight called he wants you to stop using his super power

Comment

I prob call in this spot and reassess turn.

Ricky Hatton, you're advice here is pretty awful

Comment

lol ok

Comment

Ya 5 callers pre. Mixed board. Aces are huge!

Comment

To be honest we UTG and have the worst positon at the table i think i would just muck pre in case we get lots of callers if we raise, the last thing we want to do is waste 10bbs and if we limp and get lots of limpers we have to check/fold on any board cos we don't want to lose any chips, and if someone raises us we can't reraise in case we lose chips

damn pokers is tough, only way to go deep in tourneys is to hope to get walks in BB
                                http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
                                  To be honest we UTG and have the worst positon at the table i think i would just muck pre in case we get lots of callers if we raise, the last thing we want to do is waste 10bbs and if we limp and get lots of limpers we have to check/fold on any board cos we don't want to lose any chips, and if someone raises us we can't reraise in case we lose chips

damn pokers is tough, only way to go deep in tourneys is to hope to get walks in BB
                                  lol you're crazy I always play AA pre caus your half way to flopping Quads. You are gonna get paid off too when that happen by some lolbad player so its definitely worth playing the pockets

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                    lol you're crazy I always play AA pre cause your half way to flopping Quads. You are gonna get paid off too when that happen by some lolbad player so its definitely worth playing the pockets
                                    I prefer AsKs because you're 40% of the way to a royaller.
                                    And they wont put you on the royaller so they always pay you off.
                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Jam pre-flop.

I reckon I call flop raise aswell.....sucks because that sizing looks super strong AND we have another player who will be getting a massive price to come along aswell.

Comment

At the risk of sounding stupid, if a table with alot of soft spots that is aggro pre, limping with AA pre to reraise and isolate is not a terrible play, I dont do it myself but it can work!!!

However limp calling is not the correct play but I wouldn't berate someone for limp raising pre!!

Comment

Pretty nasty spot tbh. Played fine so far, but is MP2's minraise ever a bluff/KJ or a KQ/AQ hand? We're effectively getting 7/1 on a call but there's not going to be a lot of cards we like on the turn to make us continue with the hand and we'll likely just c/f a lot to heavy action on the turn. Q10/44 obv make the most sense, so we're not thrill if we see any of them cards. If I call and a 4 pops up, i'm going to deduce that he has Q10 and i'm liking my hand again. I don't mind a fold now

Comment

Really shitty spot. If MP1 wasn't there I call all day and re-evaluate the turn. But if we call now MP1 is calling all draws & the only action we want to see is the turn being checked around. I probably fold and hate it.

Comment

call ob, ez game innit

Comment

I'm bad so I call here, then I c/c the gutter-bringing turn and lead my Broadway straight like a boss.

Horrid spot, but I do call and re-evaluate on turn
                                                One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

Pre needs more discussion imo, 2x? 3x? 4x?!? Idk what I do here, legit tough spot.
                                                  "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

I found the fold in this instance FWIW. Definitely interesting spot though.

I think he can easily have 1010 or QQ btw Tony (Flushdraw).

Comment

I'll give you 10s but do you think he flats QQ after you open and get flatted knowing the blinds probably come along too?

Comment

Raise to 100x pre say you got the colours mixed up

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                          At the risk of sounding stupid, if a table with alot of soft spots that is aggro pre, limping with AA pre to reraise and isolate is not a terrible play, I dont do it myself but it can work!!!

However limp calling is not the correct play but I wouldn't berate someone for limp raising pre!!
                                                          i would how you gonna balance this against good players ,,, does this mean your gonna limp raise with 55 66 77 88 910 10j QJ AT AK AND THEN RISK GETTING FLATTED and have to play week hands out of postion with a hi % of your stack out there ??? just wondering
                                                          Last edited by jazzyfish; 15-07-12, 23:31.

Comment

there is lots of times when your gonna be in these spots this deep no rite answer really but sometimes i like to take differnt line s on this board i prob go for the check call as i would with some of my range i dont like leading hear into this many people if your not willing to go with your hand as a fish could raise hear with a draw or AQ KQ q10 kj and sets putting yourself n a tough spot check calling early stages is fine let them barrel with there vaule range and bluffing range at least this way if your way behind you can still catch up and play for stacks if you no by showdown your ahead of his vaule range you could go all night with this hand about c betting and all that put no point all that pritty stanard
                                                            Last edited by jazzyfish; 15-07-12, 23:15.

Comment

So raising AA UTG is spew, limp call is optimal, early doors poker FTW.
                                                              And the games are full of idiots.

It draws way too much attention to your hand compared to just opening. Very common to see live rec players doing it. And its AA/KK most of the time.

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                              I'll give you 10s but do you think he flats QQ after you open and get flatted knowing the blinds probably come along too?
                                                              This.
                                                              TT is my only concern at this point. QQ 3bets pre flop. QT is unlikely. KJ a maybe.

Comment

raising is gonna be a billion times better than limping, if not more.
                                                                hatton has to be trolling?

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                                                                  raising is gonna be a billion times better than limping, if not more.
                                                                  hatton has to be trolling?

New IPB meme imo

Comment

I for one don't think QQ always 3-bets here and is certainly a part of the value range.

Comment

Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
                                                                      I for one don't think QQ always 3-bets here and is certainly a part of the value range.
                                                                      id agree, i prob dont 3b qq fwiw

Comment

Theres that many bad players at the start of these tournies id normally just flat AA early on and keep the pot small unless you hit/isolate one guy.
                                                                        it will wreck my head if i dont ask, how do you plan to isolate 1 guy by limping or what do you mean

Comment

Simple b/f on flop imo.

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                          Open is fine and cbet is obv grand. Is MP1 one of the value spots? If so the raise by MP2 could be lighter than normal. I definitely call the raise anyway and take it to the turn. Not super thrilled about it but you may have to call down here. Id be furiously trying to OPR the raiser to see of he was any use
                                                                          Are you happy to stack off here?

Comment

I generally wouldn't 3bet QQ either.

Comment

#39
                                                                              +1

Don't 3bet there alot myself and have seen it at showdown in tons of overcall spots before.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Can Tom just come the fuck back on and tell us the outcome, dying to know
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

#41
                                                                                  I folded, said already ITT

Comment

#42
                                                                                    think im def calling and re-evaluating the turn, i agree with opr'ing villain and finding out if he is any use, he only min raise's us aswell while that could be 1010-QQ it could also be KQ,AQ,JQ etc and alot of other random hands thrown in.

rickyhatton has made this thread (sun)

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                      Can Tom just come the fuck back on and tell us the outcome, dying to know

.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        I folded, said already ITT
                                                                                        Did the caller inbetween you fold after you aswell?

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Sorry yes, squeezer took down pot

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
                                                                                            I generally wouldn't 3bet QQ either.
                                                                                            +1

Don't 3bet there alot myself and have seen it at showdown in tons of overcall spots before.
                                                                                            are you always raising the flop if your mp2 with TT/QQ?

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                                                                                              are you always raising the flop if your mp2 with TT/QQ?
                                                                                              I flat almost always here being in position quite a bit in this spot. Having to deal with a 4-bet from a random with a hand as good as QQ sucks balls this deep.

This is such a sick bluff spot if you know the villians are good hand readers. Only continuing with sets here I think alot myself too with that sizing. My only reason for maybe calling the 3 bet is the huge price we're getting. Random bluffs ever in his range here? KJ ever do this to take control? be kinda cool spot to do this with something like that. Does our villian ever overrated top pair/good kicker?

EDIT- Sorry just read your post properly(severely hungover). I would probably call and raise any non 9 K A turn yeah.
                                                                                              Last edited by peterswellman; 16-07-12, 00:26.

Comment

#48

Thanks phil ivey. Fucking smartass

This is what I meant. Limp with the intent of reraising big and isolationg 1. If you only raise 3x the bb this early, your going to get a lot of idiots calling and have no idea where your at.

He could have 104/q4 for all we know ffs!.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  This is what I meant. Limp with the intent of reraising big and isolationg 1. If you only raise 3x the bb this early, your going to get a lot of idiots calling and have no idea where your at.
                                                                                                  So youve went from limp/set mining to limp/reraising?

Comment

#50

Isn't this the whole point? We want idiots calling our raises, we play better post flop, we're deep, we have the best starting hand in 2 Card NL Texas Variety.

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      To be honest limp, reraising I think is much better in this situation. The lead out on the flop imo is bad. If someone reraises you, you have to fold. Id much prefer to check the flop and call. That way you might get to check the turn and see the river where you could outplay him or potentially check again, see a showdown and get some info on the guy.

The way op has played this hand. Youve found out nothing abput any of the other players. And you have lost 10bb. If it was deep into the game then yeh I would raise pre but I would prob make it 4.5/5x the bb

Comment

#52

The way op has played this hand. Youve found out nothing abput any of the other players. And you have lost 10bb. If it was deep into the game then yeh I would raise pre but I would prob make it 4.5/5x the bb
                                                                                                        deep you are better raising half your stack so people know you mean business, 4.5bb or 5bbs is not enough only if you have 10bbs in which case you should limp call your entire range to mindfuck your opponent
                                                                                                        http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Love your approach SirRicky, furiously banding inane drivel while all the while not having a fucking iota what to do

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            deep you are better raising half your stack so people know you mean business, 4.5bb or 5bbs is not enough only if you have 10bbs in which case you should limp call your entire range to mindfuck your opponent
                                                                                                            Originally posted by mickste View Post
                                                                                                            Love your approach SirRicky, furiously banding inane drivel while all the while not having a fucking iota what to do
                                                                                                            So the way I want to play it is 100% wrong? And you've both won millions and have phil ivey like ability? Instead of saying why im wrong (even though there is no real wrong in poker) maybe try and explain why you think im wrong instead of being smartass wankers about it. Is it any wonder why some people don't like signing up to forums.

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              To be honest limp, reraising I think is much better in this situation. The lead out on the flop imo is bad. If someone reraises you, you have to fold. Id much prefer to check the flop and call. That way you might get to check the turn and see the river where you could outplay him or potentially check again, see a showdown and get some info on the guy.

Outplay him? So you're only trying to get him to fold better is it? You don't seem to consider we actually might have the best hand a hell of alot. Some of the most baffling advice I've ever read.

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Ah now lads, not nice to gang up on people. Chap is entitled to his opinion.
                                                                                                                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

#57

Meme is born http://memegenerator.net/Ipb-Ricky-Hatton

Comment

#58

Ricky if this is a level its a brilliant one, if not then you would probably be better off spending some time reading about Poker before trying to argue with an entire forum. This is a pretty interesting hand, but it's been derailed by debate on the uninteresting decisions.

I think doing anything other than folding here is actually quite bad. Against an unknown when we call here we define our range as quite strong, when in fact we have almost the worst possible hand we can have (there's not much difference between AQ and AA here, since KK is unlikely to play it this way). It's a great spot for him to bluff/semi bluff, because he can barrel almost any turn and river combination, we're pretty deep - oop and have no idea what he has. It's a very unusual hand for a tournament, much more like a cash game. Anytime your opponent has a much better idea of what you have than what you do of him, it's a good idea to fold unless you can get to a showdown really quickly. Also, 5 people saw the flop, so it's pretty standard to just fold any one pair to a raise unless the the player is particularly aggressive.

The last reason to fold is that you basically have no outs, an ace completes KJ, and if you're calling its because you assume he can be semibluffing a lot. There is no card that can make you confident in your hand.

Funnily enough, I think check calling the flop is pretty viable, despite Ricky recommending it. It's one of the those times where the best play is also what bad players will do, by check calling you undersell your hand and allow your opponents to play a much weaker range against you. Think about what range your opponent will put you on if you check call this flop, as opposed to the ranges he will put you on if you lead the flop, or lead/call the flop.

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      So you more or less agree with me hector?

To be honest my play is fine here. Why put a load of chips into the pot when you can float your way to the river. Possibly have to call one bet. And get to see his cards. Id always keep aces until im further into the tournament. You're not going to win a tourney with aces first few hands.

Cash game I play this totally different fwiw

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        So you more or less agree with me hector?

To be honest my play is fine here. Why put a load of chips into the pot when you can float your way to the river. Possibly have to call one bet. And get to see his cards. Id always keep aces until im further into the tournament. You're not going to win a tourney with aces first few hands.

Cash game I play this totally different fwiw

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X