Football-betting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Football-betting thread

What do you think about getting all spare cash avialable on Spain to win the world cup? With their squad and the fact they are used to high temperatures, i can't see anyone beating them. 4/1 they are with boyles but im sure you can get a better price than that.

I hate to say it but i see no reason why England cant challenge for it. They have a great squad also but team play and heat will probably stop them at the semi final stage. I also dont think 6/1 is good value for a team that has done nothing in major competitions in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
      What do you think about getting all spare cash avialable on Spain to win the world cup? With their squad and the fact they are used to high temperatures, i can't see anyone beating them. 4/1 they are with boyles but im sure you can get a better price than that.

I hate to say it but i see no reason why England cant challenge for it. They have a great squad also but team play and heat will probably stop them at the semi final stage. I also dont think 6/1 is good value for a team that has done nothing in major competitions in a long time.
      I have Spain backed and they are still available at 9/2 with WillHill or VC, as for England i probably will be laying them when they hit the QFinals (dependant on how they perform on the lead up)

Comment

I think man united are way too big of a price away to arsenal.

Arsenal off the back of a draw away to villa, are very good at home vs man united, but fergie has indentified it as a must win game - united flying after last weeks win against the arabs.

Couple in eduardo injured, and vermaelen likely to be out. This means that wehave sol campbell lining up versus wayne rooney who is on fire. Rio being out is massive, but i think united should be closer to 6/4 (theyd be odds on at home
        GAA News Website

Comment

Vidic was on the bench midweek so could be back with Evans.
          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

villa 7/4 away to fulham and
            Birmingham 2/1 home to spurs are who ill be backing this weekend,
            bit of value there i think

Comment

Originally posted by TheHaHaWall View Post
              I was going to say that Villa haven't scored in their last 4 games and might be a decent lay. Agreed on Birmingham though. They are a very underrated team, and Spurs are vulnerable at the moment.
              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by TheHaHaWall View Post
                I might have a flutter on these 2.

Newcastle away to Leicster @ 13/10
                Evertone away to Wigan @ 11/8

I think Bolton are pretty big @ 6/1 away to Liverpool. Not sure how that game will go, considering Bolton have only kept 1 clean sheet this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                  I might have a flutter on these 2.

Newcastle away to Leicster @ 13/10
                  Evertone away to Wigan @ 11/8

I think Bolton are pretty big @ 6/1 away to Liverpool. Not sure how that game will go, considering Bolton have only kept 1 clean sheet this season.
                  I watched Bolton in their last few games and they really are a woefull team. I know Liverpool havent been great but i can't see anything other than a Liverpool win.

Comment

Notts Forrest win - Away to struggling Derby and are unbeaten in their last twenty games, on a heater. 5 pts @ evens
                    Everton win - Away to Wigan, Everton have decent form of late and should have enough to see off a poor Wigan team. 3 pts @ 2.37

Notts Forrest & Everton double - 1 pt @ 4.75

Over 2.5 goals - 2pts on each selection
                    West Brom v Sheff Utd - combined match avgs 2.9 goals per game - 1.8
                    Qpr v Scunthorpe - avg 3.1 - 1.8
                    Wigan v Everton - avg 3.2 - 1.83

Total of 15 pts staked, new bank at 86.5 pts.

Comment

What do you think about getting all spare cash avialable on Spain to win the world cup?
                      Dutching with Brazil imo

Comment

Winter world cup isn't it? Temps won't help!

Comment

Couple i like today are:

Everton 13/10
                          Swindon 11/8.

Two teams in decent form at the minute particularly Swindon, they are sneaking up League 1 unnoticed and are playing a Southend team lacking form and have a lot of injuries/suspensions for this game.

I also like the 10/11 available on Chelsea to win to nil.

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                            Notts Forrest win - Away to struggling Derby and are unbeaten in their last twenty games, on a heater. 5 pts @ evens
                            Bit late with this reply (forgot to last night, game over and all) but id always be wary of betting against this Derby team at home in games like this, lot of underperforming charlies on their books (clough has cleared out most of them but still a few)
                            Proper set of big game merchants and as such best avoided in big home games, local derby et all

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                              I was going to say that Villa haven't scored in their last 4 games and might be a decent lay. Agreed on Birmingham though. They are a very underrated team, and Spurs are vulnerable at the moment.
                              2-0 already to Villa. Agbonlahor finally finding his shooting boots.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                Couple i like today are:

Everton 13/10
                                Swindon 11/8.

Two teams in decent form at the minute particularly Swindon, they are sneaking up League 1 unnoticed and are playing a Southend team lacking form and have a lot of injuries/suspensions for this game.

I also like the 10/11 available on Chelsea to win to nil.
                                I feel ill, Swindon were 2 up and conceded 2 in the last ten mins to draw 2-2

Comment

have liverpool,everton,villa,chelsea and newcastle looking good so far...........

Comment

Everton win - Away to Wigan, Everton have decent form of late and should have enough to see off a poor Wigan team. 3 pts @ 2.37

Notts Forrest & Everton double - 1 pt @ 4.75

Over 2.5 goals - 2pts on each selection
                                    West Brom v Sheff Utd - combined match avgs 2.9 goals per game - 1.8
                                    Qpr v Scunthorpe - avg 3.1 - 1.8
                                    Wigan v Everton - avg 3.2 - 1.83

Total of 15 pts staked, new bank at 86.5 pts.
                                    Pretty lame
                                    Everton win - 7.1 pts
                                    West Brom overs - 3.6 pts
                                    Loss of 4 pts for today bank at 97.5 pts

Two punts for this evening
                                    Newcastle 2 pts @ 2.92
                                    Chelsea HT/FT 2 pts @ 1.95

Comment

Chelsea at 5/6 -1 is a fantastic bet imo.
                                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

i would like 2 meet ur bookie chelsea a horrible 3/10 with boyles
                                        location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Its a handicap bet, Chelsea -1 goal.
                                          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                            Chelsea at 5/6 -1 is a fantastic bet imo.
                                            sorry didnt see ur ~1 a thousand apologies. they are a good punt minus 1 alright.

Comment

I have a nice accum going on to Chelsea. Hold please.
                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

yeah looks like ur there mate jt just scored who else had u in the acc. everton maybe they were the lock of the day imo.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser sose View Post
                                                  yeah looks like ur there mate jt just scored who else had u in the acc. everton maybe they were the lock of the day imo.
                                                  After everything coming out about him in the media today he then scores the winner. Couldn't make it up.

Comment

fuck nottingham forrest
                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

10 minutes to go for napoli to make me €1k... come onnnnn
                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

what about the game 2day anyone any fancy. united fan myself just going 2 have rooney for first goal because he is on fire. i think if sol is playing rooney could run him ragged but maybe rooney anytime might be the better bet.
                                                        Last edited by kaiser soze; 31-01-10, 10:42. Reason: forgot something

Comment

It was Rangers, West Brom, Liverpool and Chelsea for ~3/1. Not too bad.

Comment

what about the game 2day anyone any fancy. united fan myself just going 2 have rooney for first goal because he is on fire. i think if sol is playing rooney could run him ragged but maybe rooney anytime might be the better bet.
                                                            looking at a few bets on PP that have me interested , maybe .

Half time /full time have two great odds which could tempt me ,

Arsenal HT / Utd FT 30/1
                                                            Utd HT / Arsenal FT 25/1

yes one will be a dead bet but any win will more than cover losses .
                                                            And both teams are good enough to come from behind .

First goalscorer

Two player that do put mini runs together

Scholes 18/1 First Goal or 13/2 Anytime
                                                            Carrick 22/1 First Goal or 17/2 Anytime

or against his old club
                                                            Silvestre 50/1 first goal or 19/1 anytime

Comment

4/6 on over 2.5 goals in City v Pompey is where my money is today.

Comment

First scorer betting on the Ar$e game is a bit very tight
                                                                Awful ot of lads priced up between 7's and 12's

probably best left alone in what could be a tight game

Was going to have a bet on Rooney to score first if SOL started
                                                                had a couple of bets last week on stoke as soon as SOL was mentioned
                                                                including Fuller for first goal at 11's

Comment

wow, Nani is transformed this last while, brilliant goal by the White Pele. 12 to 1 for 2 or more goals

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                    wow, Nani is transformed this last while, brilliant goal by the White Pele. 12 to 1 for 2 or more goals
                                                                    Went down as an OG
                                                                    Rooney credited with first goal (see above)
                                                                    99% sure, dont go ripping up betting slips yet
                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 31-01-10, 16:49.

Comment

Was looking at Betfair with 7 mins to go in the Arsenal/Utg game...I'm completely clueless as to this type of betting. Does anyone fancy disecting this and telling me what it means?

Who makes up the odds and can you chose your own?
                                                                      Who could be the big winner and who risked the most to win peanuts?
                                                                      Does someone need to have a large amount in there account to match bets?
                                                                      Where do Betfair make their money?
                                                                      When should any of these guys lay/cash in their bets?
                                                                      Anything esle i might find useful?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                        I think man united are way too big of a price away to arsenal.

Arsenal off the back of a draw away to villa, are very good at home vs man united, but fergie has indentified it as a must win game - united flying after last weeks win against the arabs.

Couple in eduardo injured, and vermaelen likely to be out. This means that wehave sol campbell lining up versus wayne rooney who is on fire. Rio being out is massive, but i think united should be closer to 6/4 (theyd be odds on at home
                                                                        Bink
                                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

Was looking at Betfair with 7 mins to go in the Arsenal/Utg game...I'm completely clueless as to this type of betting. Does anyone fancy disecting this and telling me what it means?

The punters make the odds, betfair only act as an platform for punters to make bets with each other. You can either take the odds on offer (1.03 to back in this case on Man U), and you will be matched once their is enough of other punters' money on the lay side of your bet (taking the risk). This is the € amount under the odds.
                                                                          Alternatively you can request better odds, but you will only be accommodated if there is someone else willing. Your bet in this case will appear (along with all the other bets) in the boxes, waiting to be matched by another punter.

The potential for a big payoff for a small risk in this case is the layer of Man U, as they are short odds so if turned over the reward will be great. However the price reflects this, as it is very unlikely to occur. Similarly if someone backs Man U and they lose, they will lose a lot for little potentail reward.
                                                                          As much as the worst case scenario. If you lay Man U to lose 10k, you will need that much in your account. Unless your Harry Findlay!
                                                                          They charge a commission on any winnings in any market, rate varies from 2%-5% depending on turnover.
                                                                          Dont get ya...
                                                                          If you want to open an account, use the promo code 'NRPVWPN4H'. You'll get a free bet, as will I!

Thanks

Comment

will anyone lay me a bet?

Its the robbie keane market - were he'll be after transfer deadline

i want to back west ham and A Villa. im sure he'll leave and value in them i think. Please let me know if so.
                                                                            GAA News Website

Comment

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                              It was Rangers, West Brom, Liverpool and Chelsea for ~3/1. Not too bad.
                                                                              yeah nice acc. scored a nice 1 one with rooney fair play 2 allmunia park was a cert 2 score only for him. 5-1 is serious value for a man on fire.united gave them a lesson 2day. big up 2 jackyback for taking his beating like a man,.. at the bar fair play mate.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Didnt get a chance to post it during the weekend, but i had a nice small accum up on the soccer. I didnt work it out properly yet (its approx 4/1 i think, it was rangers-6/1, City 3/10, chelsea-3/10, liverpool-4/9, southampton 2/7 and norwich (2/5 I think). Just rang home to have the bet as I'm away, so a nice little extra to collect when i get back!!

I think i might do what Jackybacks doing with a 100pt bank, as its a way of diciplining my bets and knowing exactly where I'm standing. Probably do the same with the snooker as well. This 100pts idea seems damn fine.

Connie

Comment

#41

Thanks
                                                                                  There is a good Betfair guide over on the gambling and/or horse racing forum on boards. A copy and paste might be useful here.

If you want to open an account, use the promo code <snip>. You'll get a free bet, as will I!
                                                                                  I have a link in my sig for a 35 euro bonus as an alternative for anyone that wants it.
                                                                                  Last edited by Mellor; 01-02-10, 06:17.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Took Rooney at 5-1 u couldve got 6"s with betfred. Serious value for a guy in that form.mind u fair play 2 allmunia for putting the first 1in because park was a cert 2 score and kill all the fgs.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      yeah nice acc. scored a nice 1 one with rooney fair play 2 allmunia park was a cert 2 score only for him. 5-1 is serious value for a man on fire.united gave them a lesson 2day. big up 2 jackyback for taking his beating like a man,.. at the bar fair play mate.
                                                                                      Coming out with a small profit and pints covered i will take that every Sunday!!

I had 3 bets on the match
                                                                                      Arsenal win - meh
                                                                                      Rooney first goal - yeh
                                                                                      Arsenal score next goal @ 5/4 when it was 3-0 - yeh

There was a load of punters had the 3-1 correct score at 25/1, first time i have ever seen Utd fans willing Arsenal on to score and then jinxing Rooney when he missed a sitter in injury time.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Coming out with a small profit and pints covered i will take that every Sunday!!

I had 3 bets on the match
                                                                                        Arsenal win - meh
                                                                                        Rooney first goal - yeh
                                                                                        Arsenal score next goal @ 5/4 when it was 3-0 - yeh

There was a load of punters had the 3-1 correct score at 25/1, first time i have ever seen Utd fans willing Arsenal on to score and then jinxing Rooney when he missed a sitter in injury time.
                                                                                        Good Sunday alright must have been can't remember posting that lol.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                          There is a good Betfair guide over on the gambling and/or horse racing forum on boards. A copy and paste might be useful here.

I have a link in my sig for a 35 euro bonus as an alternative for anyone that wants it.
                                                                                          Just when I thought I was in, I was pushed back out

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Think bent first goal is worth a point at 9/2

Sunderland are poor at mo but Stoke are just as bad away (4 away goals this season)

He has probably got as many goals as the whole stoke team on 14 this season

Think andy reid is due a goal and may be worth a .5 of a point at 14/1

stoke have picked an attacking team (well attacking for them) so should hopefully mean a more open game

**Well that game sucked balls
                                                                                            Awful game, on reflection awful bet, there really are 10 teams bad enough to go down

Whitehead probably should have went in the first half, Sunderland had a really good call for a peno in the second, Bent takes the penos
                                                                                            Last edited by Guest; 02-02-10, 02:47. Reason: *0-0, meant bent takes the penos :o

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                              Just when I thought I was in, I was pushed back out
                                                                                              Ruthless game really,

I decided to write up a guide to betfair, except it up in a hour or two

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Had a lot on brest to win tonight ->
                                                                                                €100 treble on brest/man city/roma to win -> long wait ahead
                                                                                                small side bet on brest to win 3/1. ->

I now have a trixie on everton(4/1)/pompey(4/1)/west ham(3/1) which returns 32.5/1.
                                                                                                Absolute gamble really but Everton > Liverpool at weekend imo. gotta hope for other two is all then haha

gotta love random gambling, if I get 0 back then I'm gonna go back to the grind but been really lucky lately with bets so why not try and get a big score
                                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  I now have a trixie on everton(4/1)/pompey(4/1)/west ham(3/1) which returns 32.5/1.
                                                                                                  That trixie should return a lot more than that. A $1 (x4) stake returns $165
                                                                                                  odds are 20,20,25,100 (decimal)
                                                                                                  Last edited by Mellor; 02-02-10, 00:53.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    That trixie should return a lot more than that. A $1 (x4) stake returns $165
                                                                                                    odds are 20,20,25,100 (decimal)
                                                                                                    I honestly have no idea about odds in sports betting in these kind of things, just said 32.5/1 because my trixie is €25(100) and if they all come in I get 3250.

I now realise I should have wrote 31.5/1 anyway

Its on boyles so I just presumed it was right, probably me wording it wrong
                                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Originally posted by dougee19 View Post
                                                                                                      I honestly have no idea about odds in sports betting in these kind of things

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        I honestly have no idea about odds in sports betting in these kind of things, just said 32.5/1 because my trixie is €25(100) and if they all come in I get 3250.

I now realise I should have wrote 31.5/1 anyway

Its on boyles so I just presumed it was right, probably me wording it wrong
                                                                                                        Are you sure the odds were 4/1, 4/1 and 3/1 as you should get back almost 1k more
                                                                                                        My guess is they were 2 @ 3/1 and only 1 @ 4/1

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Are you sure the odds were 4/1, 4/1 and 3/1 as you should get back almost 1k more
                                                                                                          My guess is they were 2 @ 3/1 and only 1 @ 4/1
                                                                                                          lol worse even!!
                                                                                                          4/1 4/1 and 2/1. Sorry bout that

and I'm up money from sports betting this year els
                                                                                                          and from that poker game
                                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            and I'm up money from sports betting this year els
                                                                                                            So am I brother, so am I

Point is learn about odds and stuff, you will make a lot more

I see people (NOT U) saying this is a good bet and that is a good bet at some awful prices

Its good to know about odds and the likes
                                                                                                            thats all!

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              2 bets tonight,
                                                                                                              Chelsea HT/FT - 3 pts @ 1.8
                                                                                                              Drogba 1st goal - 1 pt @ 4.3
                                                                                                              Bank at 93.5

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                I'm backing Chelsea -2 tonight at 2/1. They were unlucky to only win 2-1 over Burnley and their two previous performances were of the same quality but with the goals.

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                                                  I'm backing Chelsea -2 tonight at 2/1. They were unlucky to only win 2-1 over Burnley and their two previous performances were of the same quality but with the goals.
                                                                                                                  Don't like -2 at all. Hull have had a fairly good home record. Chelsea have scored a lot less on the road then at the Bridge and Carlo has always been more tactically negative on his travels, so to win by 3 clear goals would be a big ask IMO.
                                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                                                                    Don't like -2 at all. Hull have had a fairly good home record. Chelsea have scored a lot less on the road then at the Bridge and Carlo has always been more tactically negative on his travels, so to win by 3 clear goals would be a big ask IMO.
                                                                                                                    I just like it, they played well during January, and in 3 out of 5 games they beat teams by more than 2 and they could easily have done it in all 5 games. Kalou, Mikel and Drogba are back in the squad now along with Essien who is injured, Drogba will want to make a statement and there is serious competition for places. I just think its all leading to a huge performance tonight.

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      My soccer bets for tonight

Celtic -2 @ 13/5

Wigan -1 @6/5

Wolves to qualify for next round @ evs

Hearts @ evs

Good Luck all

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Just Keane anytime @ 5/6 for me and a small Keane & Welbeck anytime @ 6/1.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X