Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Re-organisation. Opinions sought and appreciated.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, hopefully it should look a bit better now that we've added in Catagories, I think it does look much better TBH.

The cats are collapsable too so if people don't want to see bits and bobs they can just collapse the cat and away they go!

Comment

Like.
      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

wp looks great

Comment

Good job lads. Way way better now IMO<>
          Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

As always, WP Mods!

Comment

All credit must go to Ste really, he put in the leg work on this. WP Ste, looks great.

Comment

Still me no like .
                It's probably old dogs and new tricks syndrome.

Comment

Any chance of gettting "Search" added to the toolbar?

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                    All credit must go to Ste really, he put in the leg work on this. WP Ste, looks great.
                    I always thought Dom was the monkey that fixed everything around here
                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                      Any chance of gettting "Search" added to the toolbar?

Yeah, I noticed that too the other day, Dom thinks it might be something to do with the Forum Jump thing we added. He's said he'll have a look into it. In the mean time, if you press the "Community" button, it changes the bar and the search option comes back.

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                      I always thought Dom was the monkey that fixed everything around here
                      As you can see from the above he very much is!! I am getting better though.

Comment

@ Ste, 5star,Kev & LL .

Just a request . Is it possible to put the poker section back at the top of the page.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                          @ Ste, 5star,Kev & LL .

Just a request . Is it possible to put the poker section back at the top of the page.
                          What do you mean?? It is possible to go back to the way it was, but not for individual people I'm afraid (I'm assuming this is what you mean), it's either change it back for everyone or for no-one.

Is it just you prefer things the old boards.ie way? I'll be honest I'd be loath to go back to that way personally, we're already much bigger then we were when we were a part of boards, and this way it allows us to keep growing and adding new things that you guys want without the forum looking terrible. IMO it also makes the site look and feel much better for newcomers and it lets them see what's going on and what's around the place much easier. And growing the community is always something we've tried to do, both here and when we were on boards.

Honestly, even just for a day, try navigating around the site from the home page: www.irishpokerboards.com it's much easier and IMO much much more efficient then the old way, all the latest threads are in the Top 5 stats menu, you can see all the forums from there and you can get to nearly every forum directly with just 1 click, and if you change to the Imagination dark Blue skin, there's a drop down menu where you can go directly to any forum you want. You can also collapse any cats you're not interested in (say Gambling) to make it more compact for yourself.

Or you can navigate around from the Poker Catagory: http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...splay.php?f=47 (the same except General Poker threads don't show up). AFAIK it's not possible to have General Poker threads show up under that cat heading.

I understand you're probably one of the people who are most annoyed with the change over, but we are genuinely trying our best to keep as many people happy as possible, but we won't be able to keep everyone happy all of the time.

Also, I hope you don't mind but I'm gonna copy these posts over to the Forum Reorganisation thread to just keep things together and so more people can see your question and my response as I'm sure there are others wondering the same thing.

Comment

Tech advice forum would be cool..

Comment

Originally posted by nuxxx View Post
                              Tech advice forum would be cool..
                              Here you go: http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...splay.php?f=37

Comment

There seems to be a lot of tourney hands showing up in the hold'em section. Can we get a sticky or announcement at the top of the forum and maybe more aggressive moderation on this. I'm happy to report threads in the wrong place if it males your lives easier?

Comment

Originally posted by RedJoker View Post
                                  There seems to be a lot of tourney hands showing up in the hold'em section. Can we get a sticky or announcement at the top of the forum and maybe more aggressive moderation on this. I'm happy to report threads in the wrong place if it males your lives easier?

Comment

Any way we can bring over some of the Best of Theory threads from the old place starting with this one http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055425142 ?

We could just bring across the OPs obv.

Love the site. Thanks guys.
                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by RedJoker View Post
                                      Reporting threads in the wrong place would make things much easier... defo do that if you can. Cheers, reported posts make everything easier... honestly we love reported posts, makes our lives miles easier.

Also, Wombatman, we've no way of physically moving threads across obviously, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with PM'ing the posters of such threads, like the one you linked, asking them to quote them and C+P them across here since they are the people who wrote them (if you want the text shown up here), alternatively feel free to create a "Best of boards thread" with links to good old threads or something.

After a while when we have enough good threads over here we can create an archive forum of sorts with all the best threads in there for reading.

Comment

Working...
                                      X