Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Annual IPB Christmas Crossfit Total

The wha?

So last year Mellor and I met up the Saturday before Christmas in Ballymun and did the following:

Warmup
    Work to a heavy Back Squat
    Work to a heavy Strict Overhead Press
    Work to a heavy Deadlift

After a year of chatting about training in the logs in this sub forum and cheering on each other's progress, it was nice to get together and train in person.

Can I come?

Yes, all welcome. Even if you're only starting with the lifts come on down. I might lift more than you but Darren (Lurker23) lifts more than me. This isn't about thumping chests and proving a point. Given your training the previous week, you might not even attempt a max or PB on the day. It's just about having a bit of fun and putting faces to names.

When?

Either the weekend of Dec 20th or 27th depending on consensus. At around midday the Saturday or Sunday depending on consensus.

Where?

A good North side option is the council gym in Ballymun.
    A good South side option is Southside Strenght and Conditioning in Sandyford
    Central could be Raw gym

I'll travel north side so, again, consensus rules

===============

So who's interested / what suits, etc.
    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Didn't notice this thread
    I'm in. Can definitely make Saturday the 20th, 27th should probably work too.

Happy to go with maxes in those lifts, or any others. Or anything else people want to do, like a metcon, or anything like that.

Comment

Yeah, I'd be keen. 20th/21st probably suit me best, but could maybe do the 27th/28th if that suits people.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
        Yeah, I'd be keen. 20th/21st probably suit me best, but could maybe do the 27th/28th if that suits people.
        +1

Comment

Great idea, i'd love to go. Its pretty unlikely I can make the 20th weekend, but I might be able to make the 27th. Midday is a big problem for me, I work nights and tend to get out of bed around 2-4pm. I'd say ignore me and I'll try and make whenever its agreed upon.

Comment

If it is the 20th, you can come for a Christmas IPBeer after.
            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Apologies Darragh - looking like the odd man out here unfortunately.

Mellor / Denny / C:

If we said ~1pm Saturday 20th would you have a preference for South side or North Side?
              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Northside is handiest for me, I'm 5 minutes from Ballymun but have no problem travelling Southside if that suits everyone else.

Comment

I'm in the centre of town so no strong preference either way

Comment

Okay:

Ballymun Leisure Center; 1pm; Sat Dec 20th

Mellor that good with you? It should suit Lurker23 location wise at the least.

Comment

Yeah, Ballymun suits me fine. I'm out west, so its probably the easiest to get to of the three.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                        Okay:

Ballymun Leisure Center; 1pm; Sat Dec 20th

Mellor that good with you? It should suit Lurker23 location wise at the least.
                        We good for this lads?

Comment

All goof here.

Somebody bring chalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                            All goof here.

Somebody bring chalk
                            Got a block off Will in CFI there: in the bag for tomorrow. No excuses to not pull heavy this time round!!

Comment

I'll be there. They've concept 2 rowers in Ballymun now too btw.

Comment

Might not be able to make this now, and will be running late if I am. I'll give Lloyd a text if I'm going to make it up anyway.

Apologies.

Comment

Any interest in a mid-year version of this?

Lloyd, Denny, Lurker etc (Probably too far for Mellor to travel hah)

Comment

Any interest in a mid-year version of this?

Lloyd, Denny, Lurker etc (Probably too far for Mellor to travel hah)
                                    Absolutely!!

Any of the next few weekends any use for people?

Comment

Absolutely!!

Any of the next few weekends any use for people?
                                      I can do any weekend apart from the August bank holiday weekend.

Comment

Comment

I can do any weekend apart from the August bank holiday weekend.
                                          So my holibobs are the last two weekends in July and next weekend I have a prior obligation. I've set a reminder for myself and I'll send around an aul PM the first week of August and see what people's availability is like.

Comment

Did this go ahead? I'd love to Join in if it hasn't yet

Comment

Sorry, dropped the ball on this. Sunday 30th work for anyone? What suits you Tom?

North side / south side folks?

Comment

Can't do the weekend of the 30th but can do any weekend in September.

I'm easy with regard to location.

Comment

Sorry, dropped the ball on this. Sunday 30th work for anyone? What suits you Tom?

North side / south side folks?
                                                  I'm working from the Edinburgh office for the next few weeks, but home at the weekends. So any weekend that suits most will work for me too.

Comment

I'm up in the air for the next few weekends but will go if I can (I'm more of an observer than a contributor anyway!), easy on location, Ballymun did the job last time I think.

Comment

Let's get a date set for over the Xmas now, what suits everyone?

Mellor, are you home?

Comment

Afraid I'll have to miss it this year. I bought my parents tickets to sydney instead this year.

Comment

Working...
                                                        X