Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peace and Fire, are you and hitch fine?
    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
      Some bad news for the design guys out the road. Good timing by me. Big shock.
      What's the story?
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

jj smyths Brian died , for those of you who knew the venue/bloke.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
          Got an email from a student pleading that his 25% be turned into a pass because it would be 'heartbreaking' for him to come home for his J1, where he's having the 'time of his life', for a repeat.
          Got 2 40%'s on the button while i was on my J1, somebody definitely did me a favour.
          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            Better Call Saul, season 3 is a heck of a show
            It's class, Fargo has a season 3 also n.a. nd it's amazing from what I've seen.

Just back from little Stephen and his soul concert, he is in bruce springsteens band, its including hot dancing sassy black women amongst the 16 people on stage, I burped and it tastes like boojum and g&t, might be the the best moment of my life, all downhill from here0

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 22-06-17, 22:50.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
              thanks for that, The 7 in English thats grand so obv she above average , the average maths needs work. first time in my life alot of money saved, for her for college . I need to get the max out of her lol
              If she is living at home, College is a lot cheaper than you may think.

Ok, Fees, 1500 in sept and 1500 in Jan, this is UL. that's kinda it !

Young fellow finished first year last month and didn't need to buy one book, everything is available online.

Living away from home is when the $$$ really adds up !
              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                Got an email from a student pleading that his 25% be turned into a pass because it would be 'heartbreaking' for him to come home for his J1, where he's having the 'time of his life', for a repeat.
                Seems reasonable. I once emailed my lecturer to try to rearrange an exam so I could go to watch a football match.

SPOILER
                I went to the match

SPOILER
                We lost

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                  If she is living at home, College is a lot cheaper than you may think.

Ok, Fees, 1500 in sept and 1500 in Jan, this is UL. that's kinda it !

Young fellow finished first year last month and didn't need to buy one book, everything is available online.

Living away from home is when the $$$ really adds up !
                  so far away who can predict , whatever makes her happy . im good with that
                  Her sky-ness
                  © 5starpool

Comment

As kids get older their IQ becomes more closely correlated with that of their parents. If those tests are correlated with IQ then it's the fault of your genes Satnav. Though really it's the fault of your parents' genes. I would phone them up and lamp them out of it after a bottle of vino in a few hours.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                      As kids get older their IQ becomes more closely correlated with that of their parents. If those tests are correlated with IQ then it's the fault of your genes Satnav. Though really it's the fault of your parents' genes. I would phone them up and lamp them out of it after a bottle of vino in a few hours.
                      oh jesus ... shes not blonde though , does that factor?
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                        Peace and Fire, are you and hitch fine?
                        Stronger than ever.

Comment

Well done to Mia Sat. The most important thing is she is happy And it sounds like she is a smart and talented young lady.

Comment

Yet another Chelsea reject has signed for a rival.

Expect Lukaku to sign for Chelsea on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd of July for silly money and watch Solanke be the new Sturridge. Gotta give him a couple of years though, like Chelsea should have.

Watch out for the next best CB being Andreas Christensen too. tis a lock.

Comment

she got a B in music, maintains he was out of line lol especially after ME being picked for NCH mammy!
                              Not even appreciated in her own time!! A sure sign of greatness.

I've heard eq (emotional quotient/peoples skills) is as or more important in future success than academic results (not to takeaway from academic results this term.)
                              tl;dr, if she sticks with you and picks up a few tips on how to engage and charm the pants off everyone in the room - she will be set.
                              Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 23-06-17, 01:31.
                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

many here get their kids micra / sigma results yet?

kinda disappointed in Mia's, obv didnt say that to her.

7 in English , 6 in Maths she is 12 and in 5th class and was expecting at least 8s .

Do they drop scores as they get older ?

I am not liking the, he is only relatively happy!

I kept asking all week when are they posting results , think I was a bit too eagar as she went to him after school before he posted and asked him privately for her results and she told me with a bit of a scowl on the face , I obv said shur thats great and I'll have a look at report and get her a treat if im happy. She did great overall her report was fantastic great marks on all subjects just kinda peeved no 8s or 9s etc

SPOILER

Scored highest on the important bit. I can't remember any of my school test results but I do appreciate all the great friends i made.

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                I was singled out as a kid genius due to these things then proved them wrong in spectacular fashion. They mean sweet feck all.
                                Telling kids they're smart is detrimental. School is easy, so they presume life is easy, and they're swiftly passed out by the people who put in graft.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                just did, shes smart with music though which is pure maths. Shes grand!
                                I do find it strange that out of all my incredibly talented musician friends, only one of them has any interest in maths. Maybe the normal approach with numbers doesn't resonate with them.

Comment

A slightly younger american girl was looking to swap details, and handed me her phone with snapchat open. wat.

I've often wondered if our generation would stick with what it is or if we'd end up asking the next generation to set the vcr but I beginning to see the start of the slope.

Comment

Yet another Chelsea reject has signed for a rival.

Expect Lukaku to sign for Chelsea on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd of July for silly money and watch Solanke be the new Sturridge. Gotta give him a couple of years though, like Chelsea should have.

Watch out for the next best CB being Andreas Christensen too. tis a lock.
                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                      Telling kids they're smart is detrimental. School is easy, so they presume life is easy, and they're swiftly passed out by the people who put in graft.
                                      True.

There is a significant amount of people who didnt put the graft into getting the pieces of paper who end up having the same things as the people who did, when their working lives are said and done.

Then you have slightly autistic people like yourself, lucky cunts and people who are actually clever.

Comment

Comment

True.

There is a significant amount of people who didnt put the graft into getting the pieces of paper who end up having the same things as the people who did
                                          But they end up working nights and every second weekend in a factory !
                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Why are France 10/1 for next six nations?

Home v's Ireland & England
                                            Year after a lions tour

They that bad?
                                            Standard France have a go at winning set up!?

Comment

Varga is the greatest character of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                not sure really - was considering everything really but was leaning towards an iPhone 7.
                                                I've got an iPhone 7 for sale 128Gb Black version.

Screen is currently cracked on it so I'm sending it to Apple to be fixed so they will either fix like new or just send out a new phone. Will be selling for €600 on adverts/donedeal

Comment

oh jesus ... shes not blonde though , does that factor?
                                                  our blonde kid appears to be the smartest one if those test scores are anything to go by

covering my bases and not picking an obvious favourite until future revenue-generating potential has been fully assessed.
                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                    Why are France 10/1 for next six nations?

Home v's Ireland & England
                                                    Year after a lions tour

They that bad?
                                                    Standard France have a go at winning set up!?
                                                    French domestic rugby is a joke. Giants slowly running into each other, most of whom not French anyway. They're out on the feet after 55 mins against a decent team.

If the French squad played in England or Ireland, you would be all over that 10\1 as the talent is there, the structure of the game is the problem.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                        Varga is the greatest character of all time.
                                                        He was just a rich man's Lorne Malvo TBF

The series was great stuff but probably the weakest of the three. The leading women owned it and Thewlis played McGregor off the stage. I thought the finale was a bit of a letdown...
                                                        SPOILER
                                                        unless of course they are both around to let the chase continue in the next season

Comment

Also last night in the pub there was a fella beside me in a tux.
                                                          Enquired what the party was because there was a group of them.
                                                          Graduation.
                                                          Geology
                                                          I said I hope it's not in oil exploration (guy I went to school with spent forever doing a PhD and was looking forward to finally cashing in just as oil crashed)

"No I'm not scummy enough for that"
                                                          "Oh eh wow that's some guys wife job"
                                                          "I'm going into mining"
                                                          "Rare earth metals?"
                                                          "Yeah"

Me left internally thinking wtf mate

Comment

What are the odds of the same number coming out as the bonus ball 3 draws in a row in main lotto draw? 49 numbers in draw.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                              What are the odds of the same number coming out as the bonus ball 3 draws in a row in main lotto draw? 49 numbers in draw.
                                                              48/1 x 48/1 = 2400/1.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Looks like the Government and advisors got the AIB share price spot on to both provide a bit of value and avoid the 'giveaway!' screams from the detractors - floated at 4.40, current price 4.71 in conditional trading. Got the full 10k allocation as well, which I was surprised about but I guess many small time investors were worried about another Eircom or something. Need to decide if I'll sell the lot today or hold on to some for the future; I'm probably too cautious to hold such a chunk in a single company when ETFs are available.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                    48/1 x 48/1 = 2400/1.
                                                                    Is that right for 3 draws? Do you just forget first draw because number came out and then you think about possibilities of it happening again?

Comment

Nah it's 49^3, of course the lotto has no memory so it's One in 49 now.

What weird small thing would people do if rich? I'd put on new socks every day.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                        Is that right for 3 draws? Do you just forget first draw because number came out and then you think about possibilities of it happening again?
                                                                        Aye, the first draw will always return a number so we just need the odds for the second and third draw to return the same number and its not that big a longshot (could expect it once every 24 years given 100 draws a year)
                                                                        If we wanted the odds on a specific number being the bonus three draws in a row then it would be 48/1 x 48/1 x 48/1 which is into six figure odds.
                                                                        I'm sure the Herald would go with the bigger number anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                          He was just a rich man's Lorne Malvo TBF

The series was great stuff but probably the weakest of the three. The leading women owned it and Thewlis played McGregor off the stage. I thought the finale was a bit of a letdown...
                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                          unless of course they are both around to let the chase continue in the next season
                                                                          Can't say I agree it was the weakest.

3 just over 2 over 1 imo although not much between 2 and 3.

I lot of that online re the finale but I thought it was close to flawless. The leading woman was good alright but no Dunst who was just so believable lto.

Some show though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

I would pay someone to break into your house and fuck up your sock system. Re packaging worn ones and the like.

I would instantly turn into a detestable cunt if I was suddenly 'rich rich'. No point in pretending otherwise. Reckon it would take me about 3 weeks to start to believe I deserved my wealth and about the same again to start viewing my former middle class brethren as total fucking plebs. No matter how much it was I would blow it all.

One day sure.

Comment

Can't say I agree it was the weakest.

3 just over 2 over 1 imo although not much between 2 and 3.

I lot of that online re the finale but I thought it was close to flawless. The leading woman was good alright but no Dunst who was just so believable lto.

Some show though.
                                                                              I was just thinking about it and its hard to rate one over the other ok, they are all great.
                                                                              I'd normally be happy with the way it ended but in the reality of a world where Trump is POTUS
                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                              there is no room for ambiguity everybody knows that guy, lets call him Denny, is walking down the hall and her soul is crushed

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

AJ or any other Harry Bosch readers have you watched the Amazon series?
                                                                                Making my way through S02 now and I'm surprised at how good it is at capturing the books. Some interesting changes in the background stories but I can see why they make them.

Comment

I'd buy me a used car lot and I wouldn't sell any of em
                                                                                  I'd just drive a different car every day dependin on how I feel

i dont own this video or song or photo. everything belongs to the company and the artisstuploaded by tomkourhey Charley I'm pregnantand living on 9-th street...

Comment

So I'm living it up then?
                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                      AJ or any other Harry Bosch readers have you watched the Amazon series?
                                                                                      Making my way through S02 now and I'm surprised at how good it is at capturing the books. Some interesting changes in the background stories but I can see why they make them.
                                                                                      I was only thinking the other day when reading the latest that I must get around to the TV series, supposed to be good alright.
                                                                                      I had a quick look into Chungking Mansions (from the Nine Dragons book) when I was in Kowloon, it doesn't seem quite as terrible as in the book.

Comment

Spoiler the lot. Nobody wants to be reading that it was weak or otherwise before watching
                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

What kind of socks? Bought some expensive cashmere ones, but not sure they're worth it. Might as well have got some from Gammarelli.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                            So I'm living it up then?
                                                                                            You have new socks every day? Keep living the dream my friend, you've cracked life.

I would pay someone to break into your house and fuck up your sock system. Re packaging worn ones and the like.

I would instantly turn into a detestable cunt if I was suddenly 'rich rich'. No point in pretending otherwise. Reckon it would take me about 3 weeks to start to believe I deserved my wealth and about the same again to start viewing my former middle class brethren as total fucking plebs. No matter how much it was I would blow it all.

One day sure.
                                                                                            I like your style, it reminds me of somebody that would turn one thing upside-down in every house he visited, just to fuck with them.

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                            What kind of socks? Bought some expensive cashmere ones, but not sure they're worth it. Might as well have got some from Gammarelli.
                                                                                            Well you'd have to rethink you're whole sock paradigm, no longer would you have concerns about durability, smell/moisture retention by the end of the day, you'd simply not care. Obviously a lot of socks are pout for me, merino, cashmere and so on. I'd have a person dedicated to my walk-in sock wardrobe stocking it with a full range of stockings:

At first they would hit up TK Maxx until I really made it. I'd not so much as inquire as to what the socks even were, I'd find out organically what I want more of, a simple yes or no would decide if that sock type ever graced my foot again.

I'm not sure of the benefit of very upper end socks yet, there seems to be a fall off and they quickly feel like any other sock. I'm yet to be wowed.
                                                                                            Of course sock manufacturers could make appointments for my endorsement as I'd now be known as a sock aficionado, it would be Wolf of wall street "sell me this pen"

As for underwear I don't see myself straying from Björn Borg due to them bringing my sexiness and comfort up tenfold.
                                                                                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 23-06-17, 11:40.

Comment

In my far bigger house I would have a fridge\freezer for glasses to get cocktails and beers at just the right temperatures.

I would also have a fridge where I keep a few pillows for hangovers caused by my constant cocktail drinking.

Comment

I am very interested in your idea and would have a house next to yours.

I frequent On the Pigs Back on Capel St not just for their amazing vegan burger but also because they are the only place in Dublin that serves coke at the right temperature. They also have chilled glasses.

It's an issue close to my heart. If my rich neighbour Richie Rich had such amenities all the better.

Comment

ah was hoping you would be the very one with the answer lol ah you may google

Think its also called STEN scores
                                                                                                  I can't remember Lucie's stens being anything amazing but she has done great at her first year at Junior College. Lewis did well in these tests and doing shite in Secondary. So don't read a thing into them. let her go her own way at her own pace.

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                  In my far bigger house I would have a fridge\freezer for glasses to get cocktails and beers at just the right temperatures.

I would also have a fridge where I keep a few pillows for hangovers caused by my constant cocktail drinking.
                                                                                                  We have 3 fridge/freezers in our house. The main one in kitchen for day to day stuff and things for the kids, Two up beside our bedroom which is beside the entertainment balcony that has fruits and alcohol and freezer has things we might BBQ and beside it is a larger fridge with waters/ice teas etc. Freezer just had ice pops etc in it as it was a smallish one.

You will have given Tony ideas on chilling glasses etc as he plans to make some cocktails!

Comment

You have new socks every day? Keep living the dream my friend, you've cracked life.

I like your style, it reminds me of somebody that would turn one thing upside-down in every house he visited, just to fuck with them.

Well you'd have to rethink you're whole sock paradigm, no longer would you have concerns about durability, smell/moisture retention by the end of the day, you'd simply not care. Obviously a lot of socks are pout for me, merino, cashmere and so on. I'd have a person dedicated to my walk-in sock wardrobe stocking it with a full range of stockings:

At first they would hit up TK Maxx until I really made it. I'd not so much as inquire as to what the socks even were, I'd find out organically what I want more of, a simple yes or no would decide if that sock type ever graced my foot again.

I'm not sure of the benefit of very upper end socks yet, there seems to be a fall off and they quickly feel like any other sock. I'm yet to be wowed.
                                                                                                    Of course sock manufacturers could make appointments for my endorsement as I'd now be known as a sock aficionado, it would be Wolf of wall street "sell me this pen"

As for underwear I don't see myself straying from Björn Borg due to them bringing my sexiness and comfort up tenfold.
                                                                                                    If we both make it I am going to fucking crush.

Comment

I'd physically count all my money on a weekly basis

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                        I'd physically count all my money on a weekly basis
                                                                                                        I would pay some of my pleb friends to do it. Enough so they couldn't say no. I would have an intercom in the counting room and be as passive aggressive as possible.

Comment

I would pay some of my pleb friends to do it. Enough so they couldn't say no. I would have an intercom in the counting room and be as passive aggressive as possible.
                                                                                                          Too much exposure to potential thefts with other people doing the counting

Unless of course we go drug cartel style where the people working for me are all female and they have to do it naked so there is nowhere to conceal money they are stealing, apart from internal concealment of course...

Comment

have different car horns to suit my mood

Comment

puke virus alert, direction Dublin South West around the Newcastle Area. enter at your peril.
                                                                                                              One time for TV licence bounty hunter to return .

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

Is the pillow idea (genius, obviously) something you have actually seen or did you just invent it?

kudos either way

Comment

I'd employ a punkah wallah

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                    Is the pillow idea (genius, obviously) something you have actually seen or did you just invent it?

kudos either way
                                                                                                                    We used to do it in college a lot and I will stick a pillow in the minifridge in hotels quite often if it's a hot country.

You should give it a shot but I cannot take credit for it.

Comment

To anyone who had planned to play this weekend - I'm gonna postpone the IPB Poker Series 2017 due to the issues we (GGPoker) are having processing Irish credit card payments; our card processor has had widespread problems this week unfortunately

It wouldn't be fair to have the series open to Skrill/Neteller account holders only. Our payment methods options should improve greatly in the near future (more processors and more methods) so I'll run the exact same series once these are rolled out and assuming people are happy to get involved at that point.

I'm again sorry for those who had planned to get involved and apologise to those who tried to deposit using their cards

Comment

Get a taxi license and hire a fake passenger so I can use the bus lanes.
                                                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                          Get a taxi license and hire a fake passenger so I can use the bus lanes.
                                                                                                                          A fake driver surely, you are thinking like a peasant.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X