Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Room for another 3000 + in Newbridge
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      Behind the far end goals looks pretty empty. Must have been worried about crowd trouble

Comment

Good game, Mayo's experience should see them close this out ;(

Comment

Good game, Mayo's experience should see them close this out ;(
          Careful, the BBV doesn't like to be trolled, it may backfire on you

Comment

Possible stupid question.

I backed Saudi to be the lowest scoring team in the world cup. 13 teams scored 2 goals including Saudi. Nobody scored less.

What happens the bet? Hasn't been settled yet

Comment

Boom

Comment

When they talk about it in years to come there will allegedly have been 30,000 there...congrats.
                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Kildare for sam
                  airport, lol

Comment

You'd have to lol all the same

Comment

Not only was i cheering for kildare, I also love to see mayo losing. Delighted for Cian O Neill, Kerry miss him. Delighted for kildare, stood up for what was right and got rewarded. #newbridgeornowhere

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                        You'd have to lol all the same
                        Kerry and Dublin certainly are

Whatever else you say about him O'Neill finessed the political game brilliantly this week, turned himself from a dead man walking into a very strong position. If the story about him threatening to go public if the County board took the 200K they were being offered there will be some great battles between his supporters the CB and the alternative management team waiting in the wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

I backed Saudi to be the lowest scoring team in the world cup. 13 teams scored 2 goals including Saudi. Nobody scored less.

Dead heat rules 1/13th of your stake to the full odds

Comment

I just watched the game in a pub in Achill, unbelievable result, I thought 4/9 Mayo was decent value too.
                            Kildare really have some quality athletes and Cribben had a great game.

Comment

Ronaldo single-handedly dragging his team to....oh no, he did fuck all.
                              That last 'shot' that sailed 20m wide summed up his performance.

Apart from that ridiculous goatee I suppose.

Uruguay are an admirable team imo. The complete antithesis of Argentina. They get the absolute maximum out of their potential.

Also: the ref was excellent. Should get the final.
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Up the fucking lillies

Comment

Keets is the worst pundit ever.

Comment

bad evening for green and red colours

Comment

Delighted the petulant poxbottle is going home

Comment

Did you kick Raoul out of your barby for slagging the Balon D'or ?

Comment

Ronaldo is very easy to hate. He isn't as good to watch as Messi and a few others to play the game but he's probably the best pro to ever play the game. The horrible cunt seems to work his bollocks off so as much of a cunt he is, you have to respect him.

Comment

Article relevant to the question asked recently about naming a football team only an hour before kick off.

Comment

I had Panama.
                                              Id guess maybe it goes to goals against ratio?
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                Ronaldo is very easy to hate. He isn't as good to watch as Messi and a few others to play the game but he's probably the best pro to ever play the game. The horrible cunt seems to work his bollocks off so as much of a cunt he is, you have to respect him.
                                                How can he be 'the best pro' when he is convinced the game is all about him?

I'd imagine his team mates detest him.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Helping that lad off the pitch was pretty class you not think?
                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

He trains harder than anyone else and expects more of himself than anyone else does. He learnt from Beckham while at United who also put in hours after training.

Not his fault that the Portuguese team is very much about him.

The Ronaldo is a prick stuff seems to come from when he was 18 at United same as the never turns up for the big games myth. He seems to be much more down to earth and less of a dick than Messi. Still not down to earth by normal standards but he does seem to give away more
                                                    of his money and is weirdly a regular blood donor.
                                                    Last edited by RichieM; 01-07-18, 10:16.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                      He trains harder than anyone else and expects more of himself than anyone else does. He learnt from Beckham while at United who also put in hours after training.

Not his fault that the Portuguese team is very much about him.

The Ronaldo is a prick stuff seems to come from when he was 18 at United same as the never turns up for the big games myth. He seems to be much more down to earth and less of a dick than Messi. Still not down to earth by normal standards but he does seem to give away more
                                                      of his money and is weirdly a regular blood donor.
                                                      Bone marrow donor too

Comment

He gives off the vibe of someone whose future post football appears polarized to either having an interesting and fulfilling life or going the full Michael Jackson.
                                                        Last edited by Strewelpeter; 01-07-18, 11:56.

Comment

Items on the RTE radio news at 10am:
                                                          • Scorchio
                                                          • Scorchio, pity the poor farmer
                                                          • Galway team for the hurling match
                                                          • World cup
                                                          • Weather forecast, more scorchio

By 11am they had found a Reuters report of 50 dead in a rail accident in India to pad it out a bit.

Comment

There's a guy I follow who is like the Paul Kimmage of Twitter w.r.t doping in mainly in cycling, particularly Froome, but he also casts aspersions elsewhere including on a GAA player I have always thought there was major question marks over, Mo Farah etc. regularly posts how Ronaldo must be the Lance Armstrong of soccer with his body builder's super low BF% physique, explosive pace and extreme endurance.

Comment

Druids Glen have upped their game a fair bit since 1st time we were here. Paid 10 extra on a group menu last night and steak was shite quality. Waiter must have seen me sawing at it and chewing enthusiastically, so came over to ask fairly quietly did I not like it and did I want something else. Said I was well enough fed with the veg etc and he apologied and took off the 10 and left over glass of decent Red. Another waiter stumbled and tipped an ice cream dessert over my jacket while I was away from the table. Again handled it very well, no fuss, very sorry, offered dry cleaning or in house laundry. I didn't give a hoot and told them not to worry about it. An Old-fashioned arrived over at table after dinner with thanks. There were lots of little anomalies like this, table for 20 of us not set out at time arranged,but again drinks offered in bar while they got it ready without breaking sweat. Dunno if impressed their service recovery was so well done or that it was required so often that they were used to it.
                                                              Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

It'll be disappointing if Putin doesn't have the Spanish team at least food poisoned for todays match.
                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                  It'll be disappointing if Putin doesn't have the Spanish team at least food poisoned for todays match.
                                                                  they'll probably all fail a drug test

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                    they'll probably all fail a drug test
                                                                    They probably all would have before if Dr Eufemiano Fuentes wasn't forced to destroy all his blood samples he had on the Spainsh players.

The anti Russian agenda in the media when it comes to all things doping is a bit tiresome to read when it's clearly far more prevalent across the board.
                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                      They probably all would have before if Dr Eufemiano Fuentes wasn't forced to destroy all his blood samples he had on the Spainsh players.

The anti Russian agenda in the media when it comes to all things doping is a bit tiresome to read when it's clearly far more prevalent across the board.
                                                                      Yeah its an absolute joke, clearly every top level sports star is using something

Comment

There's a guy I follow who is like the Paul Kimmage of Twitter w.r.t doping in mainly in cycling, particularly Froome, but he also casts aspersions elsewhere including on a GAA player I have always thought there was major question marks over, Mo Farah etc. regularly posts how Ronaldo must be the Lance Armstrong of soccer with his body builder's super low BF% physique, explosive pace and extreme endurance.
                                                                        Who's the gaa player?

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                          Who's the gaa player?
                                                                          Like all sports it will be easier to see who is not taking something and work backwards I would imagine

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                            Like all sports it will be easier to see who is not taking something and work backwards I would imagine
                                                                            Yes but Keane seemed to be referring to one particular player. I'd imagine most of the Dublin Kerry Mayo Tyrone Donegal players are all on some type of drug programme

Comment

Yes but Keane seemed to be referring to one particular player. I'd imagine most of the Dublin Kerry Mayo Tyrone Donegal players are all on some type of drug programme
                                                                              Take Mayo off that list
                                                                              Very strong no drugs and no Sam policy

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                Take Mayo off that list
                                                                                Very strong no Sam policy
                                                                                They seem to take that one pretty seriously anyway lol

Comment

Great shout on Gormanstown dobby, brought the little one out there today.

Never experienced the Irish sea that warm before.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                    Great shout on Gormanstown dobby, brought the little one out there today.

Never experienced the Irish sea that warm before.
                                                                                    Yeah was savage. Wanted to go again today but too hungover, sunburnt, bollixed to go. Will try get there again tomorrow if it's another scorcher. Off work and should.be quiet.

Comment

Ah yeah, be perfect there tomorrow.

We drove down, but shat myself a little with the speed of the tide coming in. Stayed about 20 mins then drove up the hill and parked.

Gorgeous spot.

Comment

I'm ridic soft when it comes to water. Anything less than 30 degrees and I can't face getting in.

Comment

...Penalty time now...Hala ESPANA...

Comment

Keeper was about a meter off his line.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                              I'm ridic soft when it comes to water. Anything less than 30 degrees and I can't face getting in.
                                                                                              Cup of cement.

Comment

Fully expected Isco to be in that first 5 taking a pen, wtf.

Comment

Russia, Denmark, Croatia, Sweden, Switzerland, Colombia, England

World Cup finalist from that list - it's going to be interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                    Fully expected Isco to be in that first 5 taking a pen, wtf.
                                                                                                    May have bottled it? You'd be surprised sometimes what players don't fancy it. Even at junior level, normally reliable players don't fancy it in a shoot out.

Comment

Russia, Denmark, Croatia, Sweden, Switzerland, Colombia, England

World Cup finalist from that list - it's going to be interesting!
                                                                                                      Colombia or England imo.

Comment

Not too often you would be at an Irish sporting event and be thankful to be sat at the shady end.

Some fierce beetroot heads coming out of the Leinster SHC final there! Shite enough game tbf

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                                                                                                          Soviet National Anthem with English and Russian lyrics, sung by the Red Army choir.Thank you for watching, please leave a like and favorite!

Comment

"Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                                            "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

What a start. Could turn into a goal fest

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                                                Druids Glen have upped their game a fair bit since 1st time we were here. Paid 10 extra on a group menu last night and steak was shite quality. Waiter must have seen me sawing at it and chewing enthusiastically, so came over to ask fairly quietly did I not like it and did I want something else. Said I was well enough fed with the veg etc and he apologied and took off the 10 and left over glass of decent Red. Another waiter stumbled and tipped an ice cream dessert over my jacket while I was away from the table. Again handled it very well, no fuss, very sorry, offered dry cleaning or in house laundry. I didn't give a hoot and told them not to worry about it. An Old-fashioned arrived over at table after dinner with thanks. There were lots of little anomalies like this, table for 20 of us not set out at time arranged,but again drinks offered in bar while they got it ready without breaking sweat. Dunno if impressed their service recovery was so well done or that it was required so often that they were used to it.
                                                                                                                What the hell was the first visit like ?

This too shall pass.

Comment

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                    What does the back of it look like?

Comment

What does the back of it look like?
                                                                                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Jaysus the Liverpool fans reaction to Ramos being knocked out of the world cup is hilarious. Even saw one tweet saying Aspas missed the penalty on purpose to knock Ramos out cos he's a true red. Yikes

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                          Doesn't look like the same bracelet. Nice design tho

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X