Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    Hasn't been an easy time for shorts so far. Think there's better ways of playing it than just short selling.

Find it so fascinating, just shows that humans are never gonna learn.

As well, you can fully know that it's going busto and still lose out with the wrong approach, Enron kept going a long time after the cracks were exposed. Elon has to do everything to keep the plates spinning as he's borrowed so much against them, won't take much of a downward move for the margin call to come.
    Tell us more please?

Did you see LGIM have a robo index etf. Really interesting play on some inevitable and profitable trends. I was thinking of buying it and shorting global equities as a long term plan. Maybe do it in an equity account in my daughters name for 3k a year as it’s a long term inevitable winner in my view.
    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Feeling angry, upset and embittered. By the fact we don't have food trucks here.

Why the hell not?
      If I had any motivation I would truck the fuck out of it.
      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
        If I had any motivation I would truck the fuck out of it.
        'BBQ or GTFO'
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Food trucks operating out of some pubs in Stoneybatter on certain days.
          But who needs food trucks. Lucky to get a napkin, standing doing a juggling act. No comfort in that.

I went to Arisu recently during Royal Ascot. Korean restaurant on Capel Street. Top top fare. And one of the best things is there is a bell for service on each table. I only copped the embedded table bell late in the day but I made hay when I discovered it. One of the best things is the girls think your hilarious no matter what crack you make.

Theres no such thing as starters with Korean you get it all at once. When you are done mix it up and press other empty tables bells and the girls come running until they realise you got them again to much hilarity. They wear a military style uniform with badges but I was having too much fun with the table bell service.

Are you getting that with food trucks?

Comment

...Spoiler alert, a little long...

SPOILER
            …So today I was discharged as a patient from the mental health clinic…
            …As I have mentioned before, I’ve been seeing a therapist since January 2014… What I probably haven’t mentioned was that in late 2016 I kind of lost my mind a little bit… My obsession with the other woman got completely out of control… My mind was racing so much, and I was so obsessed with things, that I completely lost touch with reality…There were several times where I was completely unsure whether things that were happening were real life or just my imagination…I was becoming extremely depressed and anxious again…One Tuesday, I went to my GP in distress…I was explaining what was happening, and she recommended I speak to a psychiatrist so organised an appointment… The next day I went to my GP in distress… It transpired that I had already gone the previous day to her, but I had/still have no recollection of going to her, such was my state of mind…It concerned her a lot, and I had my 1st appointment with a psychiatrist 2 days later… I spent 2 hours with the psychiatrist, and she organised an appointment that day with a psychologist, (I actually didn’t know the difference until then lol… The following week, I was meeting with both of them and my GP at least once, spoke to them all and underwent some tests…I was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, a high level of Asperger’s, and worrying signs of Psychosis…
            …They were concerned that I was in real danger of hurting myself/others, so recommended/strongly suggested that I go into a clinic for 4/6 weeks in order to regain control of myself… Being honest it frightened the shite out of me, as this has always been a fear of mine…I rang my therapist in tears, and that evening had a very long chat with her…I decided that I would do whatever she thought was best for me, as she has helped me so much over the years… She believed that I was strong enough to get through it without doing the treatment, as long as I continue to do the meetings and take my medication… So I talked to my GP, and told her what I had planned to do…
            …For the next year or so I had several sessions with my GP, psychiatrist, psychologist and therapist…I also took a lot of medication to stabilise my thoughts and behaviours… Thankfully the decision by my therapist was the right one, and I found a away to get through it all… My appointments became less frequent, and my medication was decreased in both quantity and dosage…At the beginning of this year, my psychologist completed his report, was happy with my continuous improvement and recommended to the psychiatrist that I be discharged if they are also happy with me…This morning I went in, had a long chat with my psychiatrist, and she was finally happy to let me go and not go back… There are some non-official agreements of course, such as continue to visit my GP every 3 months when collecting my medication, continue to see my therapist, and of course contact them if I find myself losing it again… But other than that I am free!!!...
            …I had debated whether to type this as it is obviously a personal thing…But I figured, I stuck all the bad up, so why not brag about the good lol…Plus as I mentioned before, I find this forum very helpful at times like this…
            …So yeah, as I said, today I was discharged as a patient from the mental health clinic…

Comment

Big fan of Arisu, can't remember what its called but they do an amazing beef rib stew/broth thing there

Comment

Mark this positive moment in the memory banks
                It'll help to know you climbed out of the dark pit
                during future episodes if you visualise past wins.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 29-06-18, 23:29.

Comment

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                          ...Spoiler alert, a little long...

SPOILER
                          …So today I was discharged as a patient from the mental health clinic…
                          …As I have mentioned before, I’ve been seeing a therapist since January 2014… What I probably haven’t mentioned was that in late 2016 I kind of lost my mind a little bit… My obsession with the other woman got completely out of control… My mind was racing so much, and I was so obsessed with things, that I completely lost touch with reality…There were several times where I was completely unsure whether things that were happening were real life or just my imagination…I was becoming extremely depressed and anxious again…One Tuesday, I went to my GP in distress…I was explaining what was happening, and she recommended I speak to a psychiatrist so organised an appointment… The next day I went to my GP in distress… It transpired that I had already gone the previous day to her, but I had/still have no recollection of going to her, such was my state of mind…It concerned her a lot, and I had my 1st appointment with a psychiatrist 2 days later… I spent 2 hours with the psychiatrist, and she organised an appointment that day with a psychologist, (I actually didn’t know the difference until then lol… The following week, I was meeting with both of them and my GP at least once, spoke to them all and underwent some tests…I was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, a high level of Asperger’s, and worrying signs of Psychosis…
                          …They were concerned that I was in real danger of hurting myself/others, so recommended/strongly suggested that I go into a clinic for 4/6 weeks in order to regain control of myself… Being honest it frightened the shite out of me, as this has always been a fear of mine…I rang my therapist in tears, and that evening had a very long chat with her…I decided that I would do whatever she thought was best for me, as she has helped me so much over the years… She believed that I was strong enough to get through it without doing the treatment, as long as I continue to do the meetings and take my medication… So I talked to my GP, and told her what I had planned to do…
                          …For the next year or so I had several sessions with my GP, psychiatrist, psychologist and therapist…I also took a lot of medication to stabilise my thoughts and behaviours… Thankfully the decision by my therapist was the right one, and I found a away to get through it all… My appointments became less frequent, and my medication was decreased in both quantity and dosage…At the beginning of this year, my psychologist completed his report, was happy with my continuous improvement and recommended to the psychiatrist that I be discharged if they are also happy with me…This morning I went in, had a long chat with my psychiatrist, and she was finally happy to let me go and not go back… There are some non-official agreements of course, such as continue to visit my GP every 3 months when collecting my medication, continue to see my therapist, and of course contact them if I find myself losing it again… But other than that I am free!!!...
                          …I had debated whether to type this as it is obviously a personal thing…But I figured, I stuck all the bad up, so why not brag about the good lol…Plus as I mentioned before, I find this forum very helpful at times like this…
                          …So yeah, as I said, today I was discharged as a patient from the mental health clinic…
                          Good luck in future
                          Always copped you were a mad bastard like me.
                          Fuck it be grand onwards and upwards
                          I'm. A lost cause
                          Last edited by SatNav; 30-06-18, 00:22.
                          Her sky-ness
                          © 5starpool

Comment

The mudder would always say to me "everyone has their cross to bear " . In reading here this morning I hear her words again.
                            Lucksforsome best wishes
                            Hitch that kiddie stuff is my 2nd worst nightmare.

SAT NAV yes you are beyond help :-p

Comment

Happy to hear lucksforsome you are a good egg & congrats to sckpuppy on the big day.

Hon the lillies.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                New place for your sort not so far away from you
                                Yeah that's only a few minutes from me, great! I like there as it's a real foodie place, different food from around the world each week that I've never had. Their food truck in Eat Yard beside The Bernard Shaw is great, won best in Ireland not so long ago. At least you can get some seats there or go into the pub.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                    Yeah that's only a few minutes from me, great! I like there as it's a real foodie place, different food from around the world each week that I've never had. Their food truck in Eat Yard beside The Bernard Shaw is great, won best in Ireland not so long ago. At least you can get some seats there or go into the pub.
                                    Not while this sun is out
                                    airport, lol

Comment

Going to miss France and Argentina for my young fella's 'graduation' from play school. Ridiculous carry on.

Comment

Went in the sea, would recommend

Comment

Comment

Come in France. Let's get this done!

Comment

Lloris rinsing the mascot a bad omen.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                Going to miss France and Argentina for my young fella's 'graduation' from play school. Ridiculous carry on.
                                                Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                Yeah they've got to stop doing crap like that.
                                                They graduation from fucking everything these days. Nursey, Primary school, secondary school and college/uni

When I went to school we had a leavers dance. Learned to do all the Highland pairs/group dances and that was it, in secondary we had the 6th year leavers do which was in a hotel. No one wore prom dresses or nothing.

Now I see pics of school friends kids having their kids spray tanned and big hair and dresses to leave primary school! I don't mind so much the high school leavers as that is something I would have liked to have done with a prom dress etc. But 11 year olds dressed like Barbie dolls is too much imo.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                  They graduation from fucking everything these days. Nursey, Primary school, secondary school and college/uni

When I went to school we had a leavers dance. Learned to do all the Highland pairs/group dances and that was it, in secondary we had the 6th year leavers do which was in a hotel. No one wore prom dresses or nothing.

Now I see pics of school friends kids having their kids spray tanned and big hair and dresses to leave primary school! I don't mind so much the high school leavers as that is something I would have liked to have done with a prom dress etc. But 11 year olds dressed like Barbie dolls is too much imo.
                                                  Not in French schools thank fuck. Not primary, secondary or university.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                    Not in French schools thank fuck. Not primary, secondary or university.
                                                    Not sure about here. Nothing primary afaik and my son went to a leavers thing, but it wasn't like all dressed up too much. The eldest never mentioned anything as she finished Junior college either.

Comment

Rojo will be sent off before half time.

Comment

3leaves Indian in Blackrock is excellent

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                          Me too. Half an hour and didn't come out blue and requiring brandy.

Strange days.

Comment

Wow, great goal by Di Maria.
                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

You gotta hand it to Argentina, even when they're shite they're box office.

Comment

France have been so on top but they gave di Maria an absolute age to line that effort up.

They should be out of sight already tbh.

Cheeseboard to be ordered?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                  Just back from the beach. Got there to 11am, water was warm by that time and it was beautiful when we left. Found a nice quiet beach in Gormanston so gonna head back tomorrow. Couldn't have been more than 50 people there all day. Savage

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                    France have been so on top but they gave di Maria an absolute age to line that effort up.

They should be out of sight already tbh.

Pfft, they had no chance of stopping it.
                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Brie, comte, reblochon and tomme de savoie please

Comment

Some serious goals

Comment

That's the goal of the tournament wrapped up. Quality

Comment

What a fucking goal. Great game.
                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

France righting the wrongs of the 'championship minutes' before and after half time.

Comment

Zut alors

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                  My "Fooddar" must be set all wrong

I never get overly impressed by what others rave about and have usually been fairly put off by what most would call average

Its probably a good thing but I do seem to miss out on the simple pleasure of being made happy by a simple oul salad
                                                                                  On this... Simple pleasures and all that

Elbows skampi is something else, especially when compared to what is served in other places

& You can actually taste how clean the oil they are using is!

Comment

First Phase Goal!

Comment

If PSG had any sense they would flog the neymar gobshite so they can definitely keep the kid

He enters best player on planet conversation very soon

Comment

19 years old...

Comment

Comment

19 years old...
                                                                                            And then he does that

Comment

Fantastic performance all round tbh. Pogba actually playing as we all want and expect him to play

Comment

If PSG had any sense they would flog the neymar gobshite so they can definitely keep the kid

He enters best player on planet conversation very soon
                                                                                                Technically he's still on loan.

Comment

Maradona to do something insane at the final whistle. One Time.

Comment

Maradona to do something insane at the final whistle. One Time.
                                                                                                    Probably die of a heart attack

Comment

Most entertaining game of football I've seen in a long long time tbh

Comment

WTF Otamendi? Why would you want to waste the time you need to go again?

Comment

Fun game, though Zuuts will always have the memory of the playschool graduation party.

Comment

Definately the game of the world cup so far. Doubt if the others will come close.

Comment

Most entertaining game of football I've seen in a long long time tbh
                                                                                                              The game later will be the complete opposite I'd imagine. 2 very cynical teams, with a massive will to win at any cost.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                                Definately the game of the world cup so far. Doubt if the others will come close.
                                                                                                                The fact it s knock out football makes it extra special, but Portugal Spain was pretty awesome too

Comment

The fact it s knock out football makes it extra special, but Portugal Spain was pretty awesome too
                                                                                                                  Might want to change your tagline there shraaaap!

Comment

Technically he's still on loan.
                                                                                                                    Ya, that's my point, they might struggle to finalize deal if they don't sort out finances so flog the gobshite

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                      Fun game, though Zuuts will always have the memory of the playschool graduation party.
                                                                                                                      Made it back for the last half hour. The first hour must have been good for the game to get such glowing reviews because entertainment aside, the standard seemed fairly poor in the bit I saw. Otamendi is stealing a living.

Comment

Ya, that's my point, they might struggle to finalize deal if they don't sort out finances so flog the gobshite
                                                                                                                        Was being sarcastic. Deal is already signed. They just couldn't say so for financial reasons. He is already a full time PSG player

Comment

Might want to change your tagline there shraaaap!
                                                                                                                          Yeah DP, change it to mbappe :

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X