Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      I wonder though. They do deal with issues with financial implications for people, like Obamacare. So to some extent they might not directly address financial issues, but their decisions can have major implications for people. The same could be said with today's union fees decision (which actually seemed like quite a decent decision)
      Give up, the jacket-wearing man said I was right.

I have an awful problem, we are fast running out of last year's wine. A sprint to Frogland may have to be planned. If it coincided with the Connacht game in Bordeaux, well that's just serendipitious....
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
        Sorry I completely misinterpreted this when you posted it. Having been in the company of some great people a night back struggling hard this post shot back to me like a flash. The less you can see the better off you are.

Opr

Comment

Comment

I'm heading over Friday week. No wine coming back though as the boat was way dearer than flying and renting a car. Booze flight to Cherbourg is definitely on the cards when my plane is back in shape.

Comment

Your not doing the regular few week family sejour in this fine land this year?

Starting to deeply regret our decision to plump for a few weeks near Barcelona in August. Am wilting here under mere 30 degrees.
              No, 4 years in a row was enough froggishness.

Staying in Ireland this summer - Clare, Kerry, Donegal.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                    I'm heading over Friday week. No wine coming back though as the boat was way dearer than flying and renting a car. Booze flight to Cherbourg is definitely on the cards when my plane is back in shape.
                    What's the story with the plane?

Comment

Friend woke up to his front door alarm going off this morning. Ran down to find two lads in his hall rooting for his car keys. They got keys but ran. In Knocklyon.

Two other friends in new estate in Ballycullen had their sheds / bikes robbed and over 10 houses in the same estate the same. They came back 5 nights in 7. Some balls. Gards didn't come up until the last night when the residents trapped a thief in the back garden.

Numerous others telling me about robberies. Seems a bit of a crime spree.

I can only imagine how vulnerable rural farmers feel when their sheds / tools /machinery are constantly fleeced and feel like nobody gives a fcuk.

Comment

Inishowen was jaw-dropping over wkend past. 5 fingers strand beach was the pick of them, ballyliffin a close second. Redcastle has an amusement arcade/kids play park and decent quality restaurant in one complex.Greencastle Planetarium was nice to escape the sun for a while. Felt kinda sorry for some of the businesses the product and service deserved much bigger customer numbers virtually everywhere we went.
                        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

@StrewelP: Peterson calmly demolishes that trans woman's criticism of his "postmodern neomarxism" in a few minutes here:

*https://youtu.be/UZMIbo_DxJk?t=19m
                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                            What's the story with the plane?
                            Dropped for annual inspection in Feb which should have taken 2 weeks or so. Found bits of corrosion and lots of other signs of generally poor maintenance over the years. He fitted working on mine in around his other customiers and eventually got me a list of parts to order from the US. Parts took about a month for the dealer to gather up and send. Last one arriving this week. Sent a few of them without the right paperwork which may put one final spanner in the works, but fingers crossed it should be ready in the next week or so!

Comment

I considered going to Peterson but I think the fanfare around him at this stage has reached crazy levels.

He's a captivating public speaker and I have enjoyed listening to him at times but I think Sam Harris has had debates/discussions with some far more accomplished academics than Peterson.
                              Is Peterson in the same league as DeGrasse-Tyson, Pinker, Dennett, Dawkins, Hitchens, Mukherjee, Miller, Harari all of whom Harris has had discussions with.

That's not to say Sam Harris is unequivocally better than Peterson even though I personally think he is. For me, the hype around Peterson isn't worth the admission.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                Dropped for annual inspection in Feb which should have taken 2 weeks or so. Found bits of corrosion and lots of other signs of generally poor maintenance over the years. He fitted working on mine in around his other customiers and eventually got me a list of parts to order from the US. Parts took about a month for the dealer to gather up and send. Last one arriving this week. Sent a few of them without the right paperwork which may put one final spanner in the works, but fingers crossed it should be ready in the next week or so!
                                Is it going to end up costing you a fortune to get it back in the air?

Comment

Is there a trick to searching Office 365 mail? Results seem very limited.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                    Is there a trick to searching Office 365 mail? Results seem very limited.
                                    Not sure if it's the same thing but found I couldn't get anything in my Outlook results lately without doing 'body:search term'

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                      I considered going to Peterson but I think the fanfare around him at this stage has reached crazy levels.

He's a captivating public speaker and I have enjoyed listening to him at times but I think Sam Harris has had debates/discussions with some far more accomplished academics than Peterson.
                                      Is Peterson in the same league as DeGrasse-Tyson, Pinker, Dennett, Dawkins, Hitchens, Mukherjee, Miller, Harari all of whom Harris has had discussions with.

That's not to say Sam Harris is unequivocally better than Peterson even though I personally think he is. For me, the hype around Peterson isn't worth the admission.
                                      Tickets are crazy expensive. Not like they've much of a road crew, or expensive production

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                        Tickets are crazy expensive. Not like they've much of a road crew, or expensive production
                                        Exactly, it'll all be on YouTube, I assume people go for the atmosphere but it's not really like it's a sports event where the experience can be significantly different, maybe it can, I'm not sure.

Whatever about the 27.50e tickets but the tickets including book signing which I think were 150e + are ridiculous but more amazingly sold out.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                          Is it going to end up costing you a fortune to get it back in the air?
                                          I didn't max myself out on the purchase price for this exact reason, but it's still a bit of a kicker to actually parts with money. Any problems and I'll have to give some thought to just rolling it into the Liffey.

Comment

Tech help needed...

I have a Hotmail acc nearly 20 yrs. When I send a mail. The recipient receives a mail that just says private where my name should be and a world Emoji and a wink emoji. When you hover over the symbol it goes to an old flickr acc I dont even use.

Just sent myself an email to my work. Email and it comes up =

This email is from an external source. Do not open attachments etc
                                            I am fucking around with it 2 days and can't fix it.

Anyone know wtf it is. As I can't get rid of it at all. I can edit everything else just not that.
                                            Her sky-ness
                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Asked this before but with some of the trip planned looking for some advice for French part of the holiday.

Current plan is San Seb, Pamplona for the bull run and Bilbao for BBK.

We then go to Biarritz to pick up the car and have 7 days to Nice.

Plan to see Cannes, Monaco, St Tropez and Nice for the last few days but looking for somewhere a bit closer to Biarritz to break up the journey.

Bitarritz worth a night or two? Toulouse, Montpellier, Marseille? Any recommendations would be great. Nightlife be key.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                Exactly, it'll all be on YouTube, I assume people go for the atmosphere but it's not really like it's a sports event where the experience can be significantly different, maybe it can, I'm not sure.

Whatever about the 27.50e tickets but the tickets including book signing which I think were 150e + are ridiculous but more amazingly sold out.
                                                Nothing in the slightest bit amazing about it and you may go and wash your mouth out with soap for even putting him in the same sentence as Dan Dennett

Andy, I'll have a look at that later on but TBH I've had my fill of his schtick and I'll be very surprised if he has anything fresh to add at this stage. The veneer of charm has worn so thin its really only about the JP fanboi industry at this stage and that following is the only serious thing about him.
                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                    Nothing in the slightest bit amazing about it and you may go and wash your mouth out with soap for even putting him in the same sentence as Dan Dennett

Andy, I'll have a look at that later on but TBH I've had my fill of his schtick and I'll be very surprised if he has anything fresh to add at this stage. The veneer of charm has worn so thin its really only about the JP fanboi industry at this stage and that following is the only serious thing about him.
                                                    He's having no issue cleaning his fanboys of their hard earned cash. Laughing behind it I'm sure.
                                                    For a man who talks about not having freedom of speech he sure gets a lot of platforms to preach his opinion.
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Man it's just the worst email service ever. Just basic stuff like not prioritising emails sent directly to you rather than all-staff emails that happen to include the recipient. Standard tech that Gmail has been doing for a million years.

that can be done easily with rules etc.
                                                      as for searching, it's a bit of a pain if you are using the browser version but may try powershell?
                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                        Tech help needed...

I have a Hotmail acc nearly 20 yrs. When I send a mail. The recipient receives a mail that just says private where my name should be and a world Emoji and a wink emoji. When you hover over the symbol it goes to an old flickr acc I dont even use.

Just sent myself an email to my work. Email and it comes up =

This email is from an external source. Do not open attachments etc
                                                        I am fucking around with it 2 days and can't fix it.

Anyone know wtf it is. As I can't get rid of it at all. I can edit everything else just not that.
                                                        I imagine your work email is filtering hotmail mails hence the alert.

As for the name, log into outlook.com and see what is in your acc settings.
                                                        See if you have linked flickr account to your mail too
                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                          Asked this before but with some of the trip planned looking for some advice for French part of the holiday.

Current plan is San Seb, Pamplona for the bull run and Bilbao for BBK.

We then go to Biarritz to pick up the car and have 7 days to Nice.

Plan to see Cannes, Monaco, St Tropez and Nice for the last few days but looking for somewhere a bit closer to Biarritz to break up the journey.

Bitarritz worth a night or two? Toulouse, Montpellier, Marseille? Any recommendations would be great. Nightlife be key.
                                                          Montpellier is lovely, Aix en province and Arles are charming as well. Evening dining is great but cant comment on nightlife really.
                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Just got offered a free ticket for that Peterson thing. Can think of several things i'd rather be doing (can't pass the ticket on unfortunately)

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                              I imagine your work email is filtering hotmail mails hence the alert.

As for the name, log into outlook.com and see what is in your acc settings.
                                                              See if you have linked flickr account to your mail too
                                                              Logged in on a pc online did absolutely everything, changed alias. That didn't work.
                                                              Flickr thingy just can't see how to get rid of it. It's really odd and I don't want to open new email as all my contacts are on this one and it's just so old now I don't want to change it. So fucking annoying I'll have another look tonight off laptop.
                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Cheap phone peoples

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus 4G 64GB Dual UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Black
                                                                £173

and/or

Honor 7C 3 GB + 32 GB Dual-SIM Smartphone (SIM-Free) UK Version
                                                                £170
                                                                Dual sim + memory

Anyone have one?

Any use?

Comment

Cheap phone peoples

£173

and/or

£170
                                                                  Dual sim + memory

Anyone have one?

Any use?
                                                                  You'll get a 3gb 32gb Moto g5s for about 200e. Decent battery, turbo charger, nfc, etc etc. I just bought one after losing my g5 and it's great.
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                    my annual run of gout/not gout/mystery foot pain is back with a vengeance.
                                                                    I blame you and the arseholes of express bus for not having a bus after liam gallagher gig in weston.

As an aside, whomever had the bright idea of having a gig in an airfield, in october, need their fucking heads examined.

stress this time I feel with me oul lad in hospital.

Update there, surgery went well and he had been moved from ICU and onto ward.
                                                                    Noticeable, really noticeable drop in quality of care imo but he sat up for a few mins with assistance and is off feeding, chest and breathing tubes so all in all good news

Comment

Cheap phone peoples

£173

and/or

£170
                                                                      Dual sim + memory

Anyone have one?

Any use?
                                                                      have a look also at the Xiaomi mi A1 global version. very decent piece of kit and can be got same price or cheaper than those.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                        have a look also at the Xiaomi mi A1 global version. very decent piece of kit and can be got same price or cheaper than those.
                                                                        Thats one of the other two on the shortlist with Moto G6 for £240 with 4g and 64g, you were supposed make picking easier

The Moto being all glass while the others are glass/metal/plastic makes me want one of the others

Reviews: "ooh the glass is lovely and you should buy it, its really lovely and looks really lovely" followed by "but..." 10 reason why its a pain
                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 28-06-18, 13:25.

Comment

Thoughts on the Eng v Bel game. Surely neither wants 1st place in the group.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                            Everyone keeps saying that but whythere isnt much between the teams in group H? Also much harder to play for a draw or a loss. I see England going out to win, if anything they don't want their media u turning and saying they are shite, reverting to usual world cup abuse they get.
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

But there is a quarter final against either Sweden/Switzerland as a carrot to come second. The bottom half of the draw looks a lot more favourable.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                                                But there is a quarter final against either Sweden/Switzerland as a carrot to come second. The bottom half of the draw looks a lot more favourable.
                                                                                Ah ya, I don't think two moves ahead you see.

Even still I think it's hard for teams to play any other way than to go out and win. I expect that from England and probably both tonight
                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                  Everyone keeps saying that but whythere isnt much between the teams in group H? Also much harder to play for a draw or a loss. I see England going out to win, if anything they don't want their media u turning and saying they are shite, reverting to usual world cup abuse they get.
                                                                                  Big difference in the run to the semis. I think the last 16 should be an open draws between the 1sts and 2nds. Ie 1 gets any 2nd placer. I'd want to lose this match tonight if I were Engerlish
                                                                                  Last edited by Solksjaer!; 28-06-18, 15:08.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                    Ah ya, I don't think two moves ahead you see.

Even still I think it's hard for teams to play any other way than to go out and win. I expect that from England and probably both tonight
                                                                                    If both teams make a lot of changes we could see a competitive game as they'll be more likely to want to put in a shift. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Comment

I think the last 16 should be an open draws between the 1sts and 2nds. Ie 1 gets any 2nd placer.
                                                                                      You'd need a 4 day gap between the end of the groups and the next round though. i.e., if in your draw England 2nd in Group G came up against Uruguay who won group A then the game can't reasonably take place until Monday, so Uruguay have been waiting around quite a while.
                                                                                      Instead of which we happily have just a one day gap until the knockouts start.

Comment

Senegal going home on discipline record as it stands
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                          Senegal going home on discipline record as it stands
                                                                                          My suggestion of a game of Hungry Hungry Hippos to decide qualification now seems eminently reasonable.

Always pick the green hippo.

Comment

More incentive for them to win the group now to face Japan next round. Japan blessed to go through basically due to Colombia getting a red after 5 mins in opener.
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

More incentive for them to win the group now to face Japan next round. Japan blessed to go through basically due to Colombia getting a red after 5 mins in opener.
                                                                                              ...Colombia actually going through because they won their group with points???...Its Senegal who are the unlucky bastards...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                ...Colombia actually going through because they won their group with points???...Its Senegal who are the unlucky bastards...
                                                                                                Huh? I said Japan were lucky because they only won their opener becuase they played the whole game against 10 men Colombia. Therefore agreeing Senegal were unlucky.
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Have you seen the path to the semis /final ?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                    My suggestion of a game of Hungry Hungry Hippos to decide qualification now seems eminently reasonable.

Always pick the green hippo.
                                                                                                    Had a gaa friendly on Tuesday evening and the ref came out with a banger you'd be proud of. We're cruising along, up by about 10 points with 20 minutes played. We get awarded a dubious line ball and one or two of their players lose the rag over it. Ref ignores it and carries on.

Into second half and the lads are still getting spanked and are wound up now. Few hits going in. We give it back, one of their lads goes down holding every part of his body and they all screaming at the ref.

He just turns round and says here this isn't soccer, get up and play and if ye wanna give out there's the gate. Good luck.

Met with cheers and laughter even from the other team. Need more refs like him imo

Comment

...

Comment

Have you seen the path to the semis /final ?
                                                                                                        I have. The "harder" side has been made much easier though with Japan ending up there.

So their likely opponents would be Japan last 16 Brazil quarters, insert one of France Portugal Uruguay Argies in the semi.

On the other side they'd face Colombia last 16, Swiss/Sweden quarters and likely Spain in semi.

A much harder last 16 and potential semi on the perceived easier side.

I think people think it's tougher because it's so stacked in the top quarter but thry can only face one of those and none are better than Spain on paper.
                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Tapas handy for kids, market bar,porthouse,tapas de Lola
                                                                                                          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

I have. The "harder" side has been made much easier though with Japan ending up there.

So their likely opponents would be Japan last 16 Brazil quarters, insert one of France Portugal Uruguay Argies in the semi.

On the other side they'd face Colombia last 16, Swiss/Sweden quarters and likely Spain in semi.

A much harder last 16 and potential semi on the perceived easier side.

I think people think it's tougher because it's so stacked in the top quarter but thry can only face one of those and none are better than Spain on paper.
                                                                                                            played on Grass though

A semi would be deemed a success for this lot. One side is clearly easier though, more pedigree to get through. imo

Comment

good LOL @ the idea that a team would want to lose a WC match on the basis that they might get a slightly easier game two wins down the road
                                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

good LOL @ the idea that a team would want to lose a WC match on the basis that they might get a slightly easier game two wins down the road

and therein sums up your understanding of the game.

check out the team sheets

Comment

Should they try to get a harder draw?

Comment

If you're gonna win it, win it the hard way.

What's the point otherwise.
                                                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

...

Comment

Seemingly Belgium are winning the race to 2nd based on yellow cards 5-2 so far on that count.
                                                                                                                        Fellani the ace in the hole in that game

If his country needs it he will do the necessary

Comment

I doubt either country gives a fuck tbh

Win game... Good
                                                                                                                          Finish 2nd... Good

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X