Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    it has trumpets dude. The battle for supremacy was already won at that stage of the decision making process.
    No trumpets were involved in the making of that video.
    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
      Dobby posted it yesterday. Lazare didn't even get excited.
      He's just an old cunt. As much as I hate the church he hardly represents all priests. There's cunts everywhere.

Be interesting to see which door the guards would call to if your man decked the priest
      Last edited by eamonhonda; 22-06-18, 12:21.
      airport, lol

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Spot the samples:

Right, listen to this piece of epicness, spot the monster samples

Arranged By -- Big Jim SullivanBacking Vocals -- Chas Hodges, Dave Peacock, Gordon Neville, Jacqui Sullivan, Labi SiffreBass -- Dave PeacockDrums -- Ian Wall...

and then...look at the list of musicians in the video description!

SPOILER

Then looksee who Chas Hodges & Dave Peacock are

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

Arranged By -- Big Jim SullivanBacking Vocals -- Chas Hodges, Dave Peacock, Gordon Neville, Jacqui Sullivan, Labi SiffreBass -- Dave PeacockDrums -- Ian Wall...

SPOILER

Love that tune

Comment

Finally decided that I'll bring boy-child to an Arsenal game. I see they play Lollerpool at home on 3-Nov so that should be an easy victory.

How\where does one acquire tickets for such Association Football jousts?
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

SPOILER

SPOILER
                my name is whaaaaa
                airport, lol

Comment

Careful everyone, this might be a tarp.
                  Soren Kierkegaard: “…for man is a social animal – only in the herd is he happy. It is all one to him whether it is the profoundest nonsense or greatest villainy – he feels completely at ease with it, so long as it is the view of the herd, or the action of the herd, and he is able to join the herd.”

I choose to take this literally and good luck to the children in their herd.

Comment

Given the lack of radio or tv, I normally rely on BBV to keep me informed on cultural revolutions. Which makes it particularly egregious that nobody thought that the emergence of Timmy Trumpet was worth mentioning. What else are ye guys holding back on?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmQxJzhR_48
                    Not sure if this is some level thatIm've missed. But that's a few years old. Like 4 or 5. I dunno, maybe he never made a dent outside Oz, or maybe its you

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      Finally decided that I'll bring boy-child to an Arsenal game. I see they play Lollerpool at home on 3-Nov so that should be an easy victory.

How\where does one acquire tickets for such Association Football jousts?
                      A bit mad to spend your EBS windfall all in one go? Most expensive stadium in the UK. Think it cost me £80 a ticket over 10 years ago for high in the stands and that wasn't touts. It involved sourcing a friend of a friend who was a diamond or platinum member with access to the ticket portal.
                      A problem with this game it's high profile T6 v T6 so there'll huge demand and very few unwanted tickets. Might make sense to set his sights on Arsenal v NonTop6 in October, going before the clock goes back would help with touristy stuff also as more daylight.

viagogo if money is no object.
                      Also be careful with flights as that date of match is subject to change for TV.
                      Flushdraw and HJ probably know people with access to tickets for games, if not necessarily for this game.

Comment

Don't forget newbie 2!

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                          A bit mad to spend your EBS windfall all in one go? Most expensive stadium in the UK. Think it cost me £80 a ticket over 10 years ago for high in the stands and that wasn't touts. It involved sourcing a friend of a friend who was a diamond or platinum member with access to the ticket portal.
                          A problem with this game it's high profile T6 v T6 so there'll huge demand and very few unwanted tickets. Might make sense to set his sights on Arsenal v NonTop6 in October, going before the clock goes back would help with touristy stuff also as more daylight.

viagogo if money is no object.
                          Also be careful with flights as that date of match is subject to change for TV.
                          Flushdraw and HJ probably know people with access to tickets for games, if not necessarily for this game.
                          It's the October bank holiday week off for schools, hence the timing. We'd all go over for a few days and do Lahndahn stuff.

So 'not much chance' is what I'm hearing?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                            @ Benny, Hectorjelly, Eamo and Shrap, not sure if you guys listen to Blindboy's podcast but you've really got to check out his recent 2 part pod on the history of disco music and it's evolution into house. So so good, mind blowing.

Starts off talking about the NY gay scene and the Stonewall riots, through to Larry Levan and Frankie Knuckles, finishing with The Hacienda.

Fantastic stuff. Give it a listen.

First ep is called 'DeVito's teapot', 2nd is 'Steeplechasers sepia'
                            Was in NYC recently and came home with a load of original 70s disco 12"s.

Best 50e i spent on vinyl in an age.

I'm reasonably well acquianted with the history of underground parties (all the good ones were gay) in the US from the mid 70s to the mid 80s (plenty of good long reads out there in Google-land) but will deffo give it a listen. Cheers.

Comment

SPOILER

One of my MK picks from a couple of years back.

First heard it in The Sugar club and was floored when 'the bit' came on. Sooo good.
                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

It's the October bank holiday week off for schools, hence the timing. We'd all go over for a few days and do Lahndahn stuff.

So 'not much chance' is what I'm hearing?
                                Arsenal playing Chelsea in the champions cup on August 1st in Aviva Stadium

Best way of getting tickets for a tier 1 game is getting the young lad to become a junior gunner and you a red member. Most of the lesser games have plenty of tickets available through ticket exchange.

BTW i haven't been a member of Arsenal for about 7 years - ( Protesting yada yada yada ), and also got my tickets through an associate of my fathers -Club level FTW.

Comment

One of my MK picks from a couple of years back.

First heard it in The Sugar club and was floored when 'the bit' came on. Sooo good.
                                  Never mind 'the bit' I'd say you have heard the first 30 seconds of the song 1000 times

Comment

@ Benny, Hectorjelly, Eamo and Shrap, not sure if you guys listen to Blindboy's podcast but you've really got to check out his recent 2 part pod on the history of disco music and it's evolution into house. So so good, mind blowing.

Starts off talking about the NY gay scene and the Stonewall riots, through to Larry Levan and Frankie Knuckles, finishing with The Hacienda.

Fantastic stuff. Give it a listen.

First ep is called 'DeVito's teapot', 2nd is 'Steeplechasers sepia'
                                    GFYL

Comment

@Lazare From the buzz you are on from that podcast. You would really like Studio 54. It is a little straightly told but the story carries the whole thing. There are points watching when you just want to be transported to that club at that time. It looked like an incredible experience if ultimately completely vacuous.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                        @Lazare From the buzz you are on from that podcast. You would really like Studio 54. It is a little straightly told but the story carries the whole thing. There are points watching when you just want to be transported to that club at that time. It looked like an incredible experience if ultimately completely vacuous.

Opr
                                        Ah yeah, will devour that. Would give anything to experience that time. Got close enough in the late nineties though.

Comment

GFYL
                                          Sorry bud, have you pegged as more of a prog rock type of dude.

Comment

Sorry bud, have you pegged as more of a prog rock type of dude.
                                            Jasas!

Comment

Anyone going to organise an IPB group trip to see the pope? Tickets available from next Monday https://www.worldmeeting2018.ie/en/
                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Talk of temperature records being broken next week. The beaches will be full of skangers.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                  Talk of temperature records being broken next week. The beaches will be full of skangers.
                                                  Nice one Dom. Don’t let us get too excited about it!
                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

lol,baaa humbug or what!!! plenty of beaches with no skangers around Dublin!

Comment

If anyone passed any heed on the Greg Are project stuff I posted they are having an exhibition beside 3 arena. Sellling prints for 30e with some artists featured who you normally wouldn't get a print from for that price and proceeds to Inner City Helping Homeless.
                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                        If anyone passed any heed on the Greg Are project stuff I posted they are having an exhibition beside 3 arena. Sellling prints for 30e with some artists featured who you normally wouldn't get a print from for that price and proceeds to Inner City Helping Homeless.
                                                        Can you purchase them online do you know? If so, can you put up a link.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                          Can you purchase them online do you know? If so, can you put up a link.
                                                          I actually just left it there and couldn't see anyone around to buy a print so I've fired them a message, I'll let ya know
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Online next week Brady, when exhibition is over I assume . I'll prob stick a reminder up for anyone anyway
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Iceland by far my favourite WC team.

Comment

I resemble that remark

Currently en route to Malin Head with many bags of cans, gonna booze our way round the beaches over wkend.
                                                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

@ Lazare, just saw your rocket post. I got a tip to try rocket and pistachio pesto, has potential I reckon
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Comment

That's our default pesto, way better than that pine nut crap.
                                                                      Wild garlic is the nuts obviously though. Going to get a batch this weekend
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Wild garlic is the nuts obviously though. Going to get a batch this weekend
                                                                        Oh yes it is

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                        As discussed in the BBV, made load of this stuff having picked roughly a kilo of wild garlic.

recipe is pretty straight forward:

100g of wild garlic (with the stems cut off)
                                                                        50g of nuts (i did a few versions with pine nuts and a few with hazelnuts)
                                                                        300ml of extra virgin olive oil
                                                                        80g of grated parmesan
                                                                        good pinch of salt and pepper
                                                                        a tablespoon of honey

Basically stick the whole lot in a blender, and mix till you're happy with the consistency.

re the nuts, did a few batches of each, and tbh, even though i might prefer the hazelnut versions, if i'm honest and did a blind taste, i'm not sure i'd spot the difference.

i added the honey because there is a slight bitter after taste (most likely coming from the garlic, but also from the blended olive oil), which worked pretty well, but after letting it settle for a couple of hours, the bitterness is now very faint.

For my last batch i added a couple of tablespoons of chillies which has a little kick, but hopefully in a weeks time should have a lot more .

All in all, it tastes great. I think it probably isn't perfect for a dipping sauce aperitif (although still very good), but is absolutely delicious with pasta, and going to try coating fish in it tonight before baking it.

As I have about 4 litres of the stuff, i'll be freezing it in ice cube format so it's easy to get the quantities right when needed.

Comment

Oh yes it is
                                                                          I dont use honey am i missing out?
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

I dont use honey am i missing out?
                                                                            It worked for me at the time. Not sure how impactful it really was, but it just took a bit of the bitterness away.

Comment

Tar plays five-a-side like a carnivore.
                                                                              "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                              "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Discovered The Layover on netflix. RIP Tony - great stuff.

Comment

... 2 part pod on the history of disco music and it's evolution into house. So so good, mind blowing.
                                                                                  Definitely enjoying this!

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                    Definitely enjoying this!
                                                                                    Ah cool, hoped you would.

Comment

Great start from France. Delighted to see fofana back

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Great start from France. Delighted to see fofana back
                                                                                          The surrender-monkeying will commence in approximately the 63rd minute.

Comment

Pretty great first half nonetheless. And another poor refereeing decision gives an extra 7 points to the ABs.

Comment

Discovered The Layover on netflix. RIP Tony - great stuff.
                                                                                              Hes a sardonic mofo isnt he. If he was someone on here it would have to be Zuutroy.

'Whats more depressing that checking into a hotel alone'

Hate the way cusses are bleeped over though. They are such clean so and so's at Netflix

Comment

Didn't even need to wait that long!

Comment

Big knock on missed by Lacey at that scrum.
                                                                                                  The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Didn't even need to wait that long!
                                                                                                    Rugby surrendering and air traffic control strikes.

You're a very predictable lot, aren't you?

Comment

Try and keep them under 70 mes amis!

Comment

Try and keep them under 70 mes amis!
                                                                                                        Pffft, peace of piss!

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                                                                                                          Big knock on missed by Lacey at that scrum.
                                                                                                          He's not had a great night tbf.

Comment

The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Pffft, peace of piss!
                                                                                                              Feels like a win!

Now watch how proper rugby nations* do it.

SPOILER
                                                                                                              *leaving the door open there

Comment

...

Comment

Scrappy start, they will murder Sexton now that the ref has given them the green light to.
                                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Anyone know why Guinness in Bourdains The Layover was blurred out and not spoken about?. Smitwicks was ok?. Some Diagio dispute?.

Comment

Great stuff. Loving the intensity of this game. No quarter asked or given. Hopefully we can get a few tries in the second half. Certainly better than a dead rubber or a mismatch.
                                                                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Should be further ahead really after that effort. Hope we don't rue not converting chances,

I think the penalty for knock-on into a player ahead of you (where we scored the 4th pen from at the end of the half) is such a harsh interpretation. Every time I see it happen I wince.

We have 'accidental offside' as an offence already, surely that circumstance is almost definition stuff!

Comment

I backed Australia to lead at half-time full-time 9/4.
                                                                                                                          I'll be cheering Ireland on now as I'm Irish.

This morning cycling on way down to Fairview to get my bike fixed and watch the game an Aussie cycling on Malahide rd on his way to a mates with a bag of goodies for the game. Looked like an Aussie middle row. He stopped to engage me to air his rage about Irish drivers, Going mad that drivers drive in the cycle lane. He cycle's on the wrong side of the road and says heso if some facka hits me I can see him and go after him.

Bookie in Fairview got me good. I was going Aus Aus HT-Ft and he was looking at the docket like it was graffiti. Says what's this. HT FT I say. Lot of head shaking with such a bet put before him before saying 'but we can't take this'. Why's that I say real matter of fact?. We can't be taking bets against Ireland, unpatriotic it is!. Burst out laughing along with a couple early punters.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X