Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post

Personally I don’t see the point in preechinf across a platform that is largely a definite yes anyway. Those who do it as some sort of social gratification are the worst type of cretins
    Exactly. But there's a lot of people where that has become their lives. Gather a following of yes voting mates and put up a picture of yourself in a repeal jumpers saying vote yes every day. They'll be lost at what to do next week. I'm sure they should get a bit of milage from the "throwbacks" for a bit. I wish social media would die.

Big up on turning the family, after a long battle I finally got hint Today I may have changed a family member from a 100 percent no to a yes.
    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
      Tar where did you get those they are all way too high?
      No, they are what the revenue officially says for within EU.

Their headbod did have to admit in the Dail that they were bollox though, effectively no limits within the EU though customs in Dublin airport works on 3K cigarettes (been told anecdotally).
      Digital newsstand featuring 7000+ of the world’s most popular newspapers & magazines. Enjoy unlimited reading on up to 5 devices with 7-day free trial.

Comment

Tiocfaidh ár Tá

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
          No, they are what the revenue officially says for within EU.

Their headbod did have to admit in the Dail that they were bollox though, effectively no limits within the EU though customs in Dublin airport works on 3K cigarettes (been told anecdotally).
          https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/...82823597348612
          yeah sure I was thinking outside eu, nevermind.
          airport, lol

Comment

Don't mix brands Chad mate, nothing to make it look like it's not all for you, you'll get away with more that way
            2 of us though?

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
              2 of us though?
              You won't even be checked I'd imagine. But if ya do and you've loads you've to convince them it's for personal use. If you have several brands that'll be harder obviously. Easily do two brand with pair of ye tho.

Sick gf brag.
              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post

Old as in tuesday yes
                No, old as in at least a year old. Mate of mine shared it about a year ago and tagged a big bunch of us in it, it popped up on my Facebook memories thing not so long ago. Trying to dig it out but can't find it. It's a load of bollox anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                  I've been in Naas, Navan and Balbriggan in the last 2 weeks. I'm talking with canvassing teams across the country regularly. It's not been easy but they are putting in huge efforts.

At one point two weeks ago there were over 40 canvassing teams outside of Dublin out across the country on one Tuesday night alone.

Some of the teams are very small, but have been out canvassing 6 nights a week for the last 2 months.

I'm expecting it to be close, by the way. But what has been positive is the engagement by the public in the last two weeks, both in terms of volunteering and interacting with leafleting/canvassing/visibility.
                  Fair fucks Zod. That's some going.

Missus sent me a thing today saying it's actually the 36th amendment we're voting on so maybe handy to get your people to share it. It's a journal link but it's the one she sent me. People could be confused when they see 36 after all the talk about the 8th.

Comment

Parliament have released their first album since 1980! Very different to them of old but it's good on first listen
                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                      No, old as in at least a year old. Mate of mine shared it about a year ago and tagged a big bunch of us in it, it popped up on my Facebook memories thing not so long ago. Trying to dig it out but can't find it. It's a load of bollox anyway
                      Heard it on the radio and was their facebook page only Tuesday.

Comment

Playing party poker thing in green isle have Reggie Corrigan and Paul Murphy the td the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                          Heard it on the radio and was their facebook page only Tuesday.
                          Well they dragged it up from a year ago so sure. It ain't new anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                            Playing party poker thing in green isle have Reggie Corrigan and Paul Murphy the td the table.
                            Easy chips for you so.

What's numbers like? Brother coming up Saturday and we're playing.

Comment

Careful he doesn't trap you. Roflol.

Comment

Did RTÉ do an exit poll on the marriage equality ref? And was it accurate regarding the final result? I’d feel better with a solid indication before bed tomorrow.
                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                  Did RTÉ do an exit poll on the marriage equality ref? And was it accurate regarding the final result? I’d feel better with a solid indication before bed tomorrow.
                                  Don't think they did. Also, could be wrong here but I'm pretty certain the results of any exit poll that RTE do for any election are not revealed until the coverage of the results starts - 9am Saturday morning in this instance.

It's a lock as yes anyway.

Comment

Nm that post above

Exit poll results on late late tomorrow

Comment

Everyone should vote no on the exit poll to build up the tension
                                      airport, lol

Comment

I didn't really follow either campaign closely as I won't be voting (live outside the country) and the only interaction I had with it was walking around town and briefly talking to friends a month or so ago when I was back for a few days but from mostly being on the outside looking in I think this is going to be close.

60+ year old mother is firmly yes but my 30+ year old sister and brother in law are in the no and won't be budged. It's not the oldies I'd be worried about I'd say there are a lot of people in the 20-40 age group that will be voting no but have nodded along with the yes conversations.

Comment

Easy chips for you so.

What's numbers like? Brother coming up Saturday and we're playing.
                                          120 plus st mo be jammed tomorrow abd day

Comment

Fair fucks Zod. That's some going.

Missus sent me a thing today saying it's actually the 36th amendment we're voting on so maybe handy to get your people to share it. It's a journal link but it's the one she sent me. People could be confused when they see 36 after all the talk about the 8th.

http://www.thejournal.ie/36th-eighth...urce=shortlink
                                            I'd hope people have enough cop on to realise what's happening, but yes, there is information going out about this.

Oalso lol I bought several domains relating to the 36th amendment in March.
                                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                              Don't think they did. Also, could be wrong here but I'm pretty certain the results of any exit poll that RTE do for any election are not revealed until the coverage of the results starts - 9am Saturday morning in this instance.

It's a lock as yes anyway.
                                              RTE didn't as they didn't think it was going to be close enough to warrant it. There is enough controversy over this to warrant it this time.

edited: ffs the Late Late show....
                                              Last edited by Zod; 24-05-18, 20:02.

Comment

Does anyone know how rte's exit poll will work. I presume a good spread of areas around the country and how many people would they poll?
                                                Do we think it'll be a reasonably fair reflection of the vote?

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                  Does anyone know how rte's exit poll will work. I presume a good spread of areas around the country and how many people would they poll?
                                                  Do we think it'll be a reasonably fair reflection of the vote?
                                                  Have you got Kev on ignore?

The Behaviour & Attitudes exit poll will interview 3,000 people across the country immediately after they have voted.

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                  Nm that post above

Exit poll results on late late tomorrow

http://www.thejournal.ie/rte-announc...31688-May2018/
                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                    James Milner
                                                    Gareth Southgate
                                                    Dimitri Payet
                                                    Paul Lambert
                                                    Danny Murphy
                                                    Barry Ferguson

What links them?
                                                    They all voting yes except Barry who is an orange man and only says no

Comment

Did Murphy bring a crowd with him to rail

Comment

...My dad is voting no, and he came down to the house and has persuaded my mam to vote no instead of yes... I can understand my mams worry, that at 12 weeks, it is a baby and it's not fair to kill it...I'm voting yes, but I guess I don't feel it's my place to try talk her or anyone out of their opinion, unless of course it's a horseshite reason...I hope it passes, but more than that, I hope every one that has an opinion on this goes out and votes on it, and if not don't cry if the decision doesn't go your way...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                          ...My dad is voting no, and he came down to the house and has persuaded my mam to vote no instead of yes... I can understand my mams worry, that at 12 weeks, it is a baby and it's not fair to kill it...I'm voting yes, but I guess I don't feel it's my place to try talk her or anyone out of their opinion, unless of course it's a horseshite reason...I hope it passes, but more than that, I hope every one that has an opinion on this goes out and votes on it, and if not don't cry if the decision doesn't go your way...
                                                          if it helps, 12 weeks limit is only 10 weeks gestation, and it can't yawn, or kick, or any of that nonese on the billboards.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                            if it helps, 12 weeks limit is only 10 weeks gestation, and it can't yawn, or kick, or any of that nonese on the billboards.
                                                            ...Am I right in thinking that they have a heartbeat at 6 weeks?...that seems to be her biggest thing...

Comment

...Am I right in thinking that they have a heartbeat at 6 weeks?...that seems to be her biggest thing...
                                                              They dont really have what you would consider a heart... it's just a few tubes. At 6 weeks its questionable if you could find anything without an internal ultrasound.

Here's our bundle at 8 weeks... I recall wifey mentioning that at that stage they might need to do an internal UT to find the heartbeat... fortunately that wasnt necessary. I think at this point that bundle is an accurate description However at 11 weeks we could indeed see it kick, yawn, etc (approx 9 weeks gestation).

May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                They dont really have what you would consider a heart... it's just a few tubes. At 6 weeks its questionable if you could find anything without an internal ultrasound.

Here's our bundle at 8 weeks... I recall wifey mentioning that at that stage they might need to do an internal UT to find the heartbeat... fortunately that wasnt necessary. I think at this point that bundle is an accurate description However at 11 weeks we could indeed see it kick, yawn, etc (approx 9 weeks gestation).

...Ugh, when I read stories like that, as in an actual event from someome and not some BS, it does get me thinking...Cheers for post...

Comment

...Ugh, when I read stories like that, as in an actual event from someome and not some BS, it does get me thinking...Cheers for post...
                                                                  Well... Im as fallible as anyone else but certainly wouldn't intentionally try to mislead.

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                    Did Murphy bring a crowd with him to rail
                                                                    He was grand quiet played solid till he called 70bbs off with a double gutter he was ahead v low flush draw but goosed on turn.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                      Have you got Kev on ignore?
                                                                      Nah, didn't click, thought it was simply a clarification of the exit poll results broadcast.

RTE say 3000 people 'around the country', I wouldn't put much stock in that unless they give some clarification of how the poll was run, hopefully they will.

Comment

Very professional looking new video from this folksy singer Emmett posted years ago

Taken from the upcoming EP, Ceremony, out the 8th of June 2018.The Dark.. a song about being blind to where you are and what's going on around you..A song ab...
                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

If you vote no for this reason, then you are also voting to prevent someone who has a pregnancy where there is a fatal fetal abnormality from getting an abortion in Ireland, forcing them to go to another country to terminate, or else force them to see out the pregnancy with a baby that will never survive after birth.

Even if that is the only case where you think it should be permitted in Ireland, getting rid of the 8th amendment is the only way to do it. Above all else, this should be legislated by the people elected to make laws, and not controlled by the constitution.

Comment

It's not breathing air, it can't yawn.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                              If you vote no for this reason, then you are also voting to prevent someone who has a pregnancy where there is a fatal fetal abnormality from getting an abortion in Ireland, forcing them to go to another country to terminate, or else force them to see out the pregnancy with a baby that will never survive after birth.

Even if that is the only case where you think it should be permitted in Ireland, getting rid of the 8th amendment is the only way to do it. Above all else, this should be legislated by the people elected to make laws, and not controlled by the constitution.
                                                                              ...Oh I know and I agree...I am voting yes for sure...But I guess a part of me still feels bad for it...I hope it passes, but in no way would I be fist pumping or celebrating the decision...I was delighted with the marriage referendum, but this is alot tougher imo....

Comment

Am so disappointed Zod didn't knock on my door.
                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

...Oh I know and I agree...I am voting yes for sure...But I guess a part of me still feels bad for it...I hope it passes, but in no way would I be fist pumping or celebrating the decision...I was delighted with the marriage referendum, but this is alot tougher imo....
                                                                                  No one will be celebrating the fact that they can have an abortion. They may well celebrate the fact that they have choices though.

Essentially, what other people do in this regard is their business, not mine.

Comment

I thought the yes side could have copied some of the no posters and spun them

If you saw what an abortion looked like you would know nobody takes the decision lightly/as a form of contraception

etc

Comment

Anyone watching The Handmaid's Tale? Dystopian alt-future drama based on a book of the same name. It has been unrelenting grim this season. It certainly won't be everyone's cup of tea but I have been enjoying it.

S2EP6:
                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                      I was beginning to think we would never see a proper resistance and each episode would beat me down with new and unusual ways to continue ramping up the grimness. You really feel like you have struggled with the Handmaids just as a viewer to get this point in the new season so that was a proper fuck yeah moment at the end of this episode: tren:

Opr

Comment

Off to lanzarote in June. Wages went into today had a few drinks booked futureventura for less than 4 weeks later. Took the no refund if you cancel as comes in cheaper. I like to pay on arrival. Cunts took money right away

On the upside 2 sunny hols June and July

Paid monthly is some pain. 1 k gone in 5 mins.
                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                          Am so disappointed Zod didn't knock on my door.
                                                                                          The last time we met you slapped me across the head, I'll pass on that happening again

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                            Off to lanzarote in June. Wages went into today had a few drinks booked futureventura for less than 4 weeks later. Took the no refund if you cancel as comes in cheaper. I like to pay on arrival. Cunts took money right away

On the upside 2 sunny hols June and July

Paid monthly is some pain. 1 k gone in 5 mins.
                                                                                            Im looking and looking, have 2 weeks booked off in August , young fellow is on hols for the summer, no job, sending CVs out but getting fuk all replies, not even no letters, cunts.

We were away in feb so not a major deal but would like to have another week or 10 days to look forward to.

What are we working for if we don't have something to look forward to ? May as well be on the scratch.
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                              Im looking and looking, have 2 weeks booked off in August , young fellow is on hols for the summer, no job, sending CVs out but getting fuk all replies, not even no letters, cunts.

We were away in feb so not a major deal but would like to have another week or 10 days to look forward to.

What are we working for if we don't have something to look forward to ? May as well be on the scratch.
                                                                                              I was thinking same. Haven't had a sun hol in 2 yrs. Shitty ski hol at xmas that I didn't really enjoy. Thought today fuck this. Shopping centre soul destroying this time of Yr for sales. So fuck off Sky I'm off.
                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Am pretty damn drunk here, sitting in the hotel room, my turn, minding the baby after my first ever Best Man role. Went great, Vegas story didn't punch as well as I had hoped but fuck it, I'm not Jimmy Carr, they didn't want Jimmy Carr though. They wanted sentiment and I did that well, got into a flow once I started talking from the heart. Fuck jokes.

I'm voting Yes because of my daughter Sybil.

It's a strange one, this conversation was going on then, on twitter especially. I remember being in the depth of pain and reading tweets demanding a referendum to repeal. I couldn't vote for that. How could I vote for something that creates the pain I'm in? I held and kissed my dead baby for three days until we couldn't bare her deterioration anymore and had to close the lid on her. Two days before her funeral.
                                                                                                How could I vote Yes to something that creates that.

That raw pain passed though.

Lately I've focussed on us, my wife and I with regard to that pain.

Seeing an expert doctor, the 4th opinion, shake his head slowly with sad eyes, mouthing the words 'I'm so sorry' is truly the most painful thing you can imagine.

We experienced this with four days to go, my wife was given the same abortion pills that are widely discussed to induce labour. It took two days.

People experience this same pain with months to go. We thankfully had only two days to start grieving.

Sybie's heart had stopped, so the 8th had no bearing, but for the people who receive that news at 20 weeks and that sympathetic shake of the consultants head, that raw pain is the same, but longer lasting.

I can't live in a country that tells those people there's nothing we can do.
                                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I've posted that because I got asked a couple of weeks ago, from a friend who lost his 18 year old son how could I vote Yes after what we went through.
                                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Local polling station was busy looking this morning when I passed.

Comment

That is the most ridiculous thing I ever said. Don't cry if it doesn't go your way? For a yes voter, a female who could be in this position, they deserve to grieve. If you had any idea what we can go through. We need to be upset to be told yet again, in 2018 we have no autonomy over our own bodies in Ireland. As soon as we conceive, we are merely a vessel. And no longer important.

Not always. Sometimes the HB doesn't really start/show till 7 weeks. But at the end of the day. If it is passed, then someone who finds out they are pregnant and do not wish to continue with it can get the abortion pills. That can done when there is only a sac showing and no HB as yet. Only a few weeks gestation.

BUT If it isn't passed, then these same people have to wait longer, they have to save possibly for the trip as it isn't cheap. And then the baby has developed further. Surely it is better to terminate as early as possible?

If so, vote Yes and allow it.

Please Ireland, don't be like the US and the UK with Brexit/Trump. Let's do this right.

Comment

Zoe look alike spotted outside Connolly station giving out stickers.One

Comment

Local polling station was busy looking this morning when I passed.
                                                                                                          Greenhills D12 packed @ 7.30

I suppose it's a busy time along with after work.

Comment

Lauryn Hill tickets got, cheers for heads up Jiggaman, haven't seen any promotion for it anywhere. Excited now
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

If the GDPR deadline is today does that mean it's the last day of emails? That combined with the end of the ref will be some relief.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                If the GDPR deadline is today does that mean it's the last day of emails? That combined with the end of the ref will be some relief.
                                                                                                                We can only hope...

Inevitable referendum outrage for the next few weeks though....

As for the GDPR stuff I expect more bs for quite some time, then it'll quieten and then someone will get sued and it will get interesting....
                                                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

I’ve always been a supporter of a women’s right to choose, right from when I was old enough to understand what abortion was.
                                                                                                                  When we were trying to conceive we were under the care of a genetic professor and a family planning counsellor due to an incurable genetic disease that runs in her family. We had the tests during her pregnancy and got the bad news that the child has it. We could have gone through with the pregnancy but that child would have lived a short painful life and would have been long dead by now and we would have nothing to show for it except for a lot of pain and a grave to visit. Our counsellor was great but after breaking the news there is nothing more they can do for you except to tell you where to get information. You couldn’t talk about it so you tell your family and friends that you are off to visit friends in England. In fairness we did tell a small select few but our closest friends who knew from the beginning about the family history, pregnancy and tests etc. pretended to be supportive then started spouting religious crap and how they wouldn’t do what we were planning on doing (this was at the time between getting the bad news and before we travelled).
                                                                                                                  After 18 years we still grieve around the anniversary but we know we made the right decision. We did try again one more time but this time we were living in Germany and knew that we wouldn’t be sent away if the tests results were bad again, thankfully it was good news and we have a healthy 14-year-old daughter. I just found out my cousin travelled about 20 years ago, she never told anyone but this issue brings out so much emotion that she felt the need to share it publicly. I guess I feel the same, hence this post. I hope that Ireland does us proud today, it’s long overdue.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                    That is the most ridiculous thing I ever said. Don't cry if it doesn't go your way? For a yes voter, a female who could be in this position, they deserve to grieve. If you had any idea what we can go through. We need to be upset to be told yet again, in 2018 we have no autonomy over our own bodies in Ireland. As soon as we conceive, we are merely a vessel. And no longer important.

Not always. Sometimes the HB doesn't really start/show till 7 weeks. But at the end of the day. If it is passed, then someone who finds out they are pregnant and do not wish to continue with it can get the abortion pills. That can done when there is only a sac showing and no HB as yet. Only a few weeks gestation.

BUT If it isn't passed, then these same people have to wait longer, they have to save possibly for the trip as it isn't cheap. And then the baby has developed further. Surely it is better to terminate as early as possible?

If so, vote Yes and allow it.

Please Ireland, don't be like the US and the UK with Brexit/Trump. Let's do this right.
                                                                                                                    ...Sorry, that came out wrong...I meant it in the context of make sure you vote, and I if you don't vote don't cry about the decision if it's not what you want...
                                                                                                                    ...I am voting yes btw, although admitally I'm not 100% on it...

Comment

Great fun voting today.

Turned up to usual polling station to find it closed (at least there was a sign up!).

Then went to where I thought it pointed me... nope... wrong place! But at least someone there knew where to send me. As an aside that particular station was probably busier than I've ever seen a referendum day polling station though it's also directly on a school run.

Finally got to the correct polling station (they had built a new school I didnt know about!) and job done... oh also I hadnt updated address so no polling card.. but that was no issue at least.

Comment

When you say this to anybody they just say well we can change the constitution. Amend the amendment or whatever

Comment

Lauryn Hill tickets got, cheers for heads up Jiggaman, haven't seen any promotion for it anywhere. Excited now
                                                                                                                          Ya man, got mine too. If I was to take a guess I'd say they are slow selling which prob drives home they should've been advertising this with as many "Killing Me Softly", "Ready or Not" and "Doo Wop" loops on ads!

Don't be surprised closer to the gig for a lot of comps on the radio etc.

Ya, she's brilliant but not a massive name here really.

Can't wait!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X