Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Not sure if she fully counts as black, but presume Meghan Markle would be first black royal that Europes had?
    The Moors married into the Spanish and Italian royal houses back in the day I think, but not easily verifiable.

A few years ago the 3 or 4th to the throne of Liechtenstein married a black woman.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
      Una Mullally would make me vote no
      Why do you put yourself through listening to anything on the subject? You don't have any likely hood of changing your vote, so what good can come from subjecting yourself to any of this from either side? Aside from here, and a bit on the news when I watch, I am almost entirely managing to ignore the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
        Why do you put yourself through listening to anything on the subject? You don't have any likely hood of changing your vote, so what good can come from subjecting yourself to any of this from either side? Aside from here, and a bit on the news when I watch, I am almost entirely managing to ignore the topic.
        Nailed it. I love how in any election there is such concern about the “don’t knows”. Don’t knows just don’t vote imo and all the debates in the world don’t change that as they just avoid the whole thing. The movement in the option polls from here on will be minimal.
        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
          The Moors married into the Spanish and Italian royal houses back in the day I think, but not easily verifiable.

A few years ago the 3 or 4th to the throne of Liechtenstein married a black woman.
          Moops
          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

I dont. Avoid it all mostly. Hypothetically if I was to listen to Una Mullally she would change my mind was my point. I don't watch any of the debates either sound like a horrible use of my time.
            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
              Nailed it. I love how in any election there is such concern about the “don’t knows”. Don’t knows just don’t vote imo and all the debates in the world don’t change that as they just avoid the whole thing. The movement in the option polls from here on will be minimal.
              I disagree for this referendum. There's plenty of older people defaulting to no, but when spoken to by their younger sons and daughters they are changing their minds. I think there's a decent portion of people on the fence that will definitely vote.
              airport, lol

Comment

Currently have no Postbox.

ID at my Polling station is fine i take it?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

One of my favorite films, one of my favorite scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                    Currently have no Postbox.

ID at my Polling station is fine i take it?
                    Should be. I have no idea where my polling card goes as I don't think I've ever even seen one, but have always been able to vote with driving license.

I think I'm going to bring my passport this time, I have a gut feeling we are going to be hearing stories about people with badges and jumpers having difficulty at the polling booths.

Comment

You can get 10kg bags of cashews @ asia market on Drury st, which is the nut best.
                      Yes I use that many cashews.

For different nuts I tend to have to use online, like 1kg bags of Brazils from Amazon etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                        asia market on Drury st,
                        Only found out this place existed a while back. Great store. Very hidden away, well the size of it is if you get me.

The 'Duck' place around the front at the Market Bar is class for some food on the go in town. €10 for half duck half pork belly and noodles is delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                          I think I'm going to bring my passport this time, I have a gut feeling we are going to be hearing stories about people with badges and jumpers having difficulty at the polling booths.
                          Aye surely. Think of the bita tweeting you'd get done after getting refused. Could go viral
                          airport, lol

Comment

I pledge allegiance to the Asian shop on Moore st. Is it worth the treasonous jump to Drury st?

Also intrigued by this duck place. Might try it over weekend
                            airport, lol

Comment

Excellent nut, jumper and pension advice, tytyty.

Will act on them when I return from World Hipster Capital.
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Big fan of Duck, might go tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                  three non-abortion questions for the sages of the BBV:
                                  1. What do the cyclists of the BBV recommend in terms of a windcheater-type top that will keep you from being frozen by the wind but at the same time not a sweaty mess?
                                  Ild suggest a gillet at this time of year. Paired with good arm warmers (sportful no rain).

Otherwise castelli gabba convertible.
                                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                    Big fan of Duck, might go tomorrow
                                    ...Spoke to Rigger, he is looking forward to the Trip report...

Comment

Should be. I have no idea where my polling card goes as I don't think I've ever even seen one, but have always been able to vote with driving license.

So I shouldn't wear a jumper? What about a hoodie?

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                        ...Spoke to Rigger, he is looking forward to the Trip report...
                                        Pending negotiations with my mate who i said could pick where we eat

Comment

Maybe we shouldn't trust women after all

Comment

Reminder to vote in the Music King Final:

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

So I shouldn't wear a jumper? What about a hoodie?
                                                At your peril

Comment

Comment

She went on to have more?. The brazen hussey.

Comment

airport, lol

Comment

Reminder to vote in the Music King Final:

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...31#post1070431
                                                        Will get a listen and vote later
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                          Jack will enjoy this, girl i know (very vaguely) posted a gofundme on facebook
                                                          Know a girl who took the gofundme a step further than a flight. She recently became a 'photographer' and with that she had to go and spend three weeks in Iceland finding herself and taking photos of the beautiful landscape. She was asking for $2k or $3k to help pay for it. Gofundme is full of similar people asking for their holiday to be paid for. She has a decent job btw so could easily pay for it with a little saving.

You mentioned Ortolans last week I think, I brought up trying to get one when I was over with the french brother in law a few weeks ago, he'd never heard of it but his friend has eaten lots, using the shame napkin too. Confirmed delicious by him.
                                                          Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 18-05-18, 15:07.

Comment

What's the bbv recommendation (honda) for arrival times pre-flight for the US these days? Was thinking 2 hours but heard some horror stories about US pre-clearance lately.

Comment

What's the bbv recommendation (honda) for arrival times pre-flight for the US these days? Was thinking 2 hours but heard some horror stories about US pre-clearance lately.
                                                              Make it 3, at least. It's a bit of a disaster. What time is your flight?
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Make it 3, at least. It's a bit of a disaster. What time is your flight?
                                                                11.20. Business - does that entitle me to skippaments?

Comment

11.20. Business - does that entitle me to skippaments?
                                                                  Ya worst time basically. I think you skip the security queue as a business passenger, I'll try to remember to double check Monday. Have you travelled to US on your current passport before?
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Ya worst time basically. I think you skip the security queue as a business passenger, I'll try to remember to double check Monday. Have you travelled to US on your current passport before?
                                                                    No

Comment

No
                                                                      UL. You won't be able to use automated passport control that I'm aware of. Shoot me a reminder pm Monday (unless you go before) and I'll check how long the process is taking these days and what your business class gets you
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

UL. You won't be able to use automated passport control that I'm aware of. Shoot me a reminder pm Monday (unless you go before) and I'll check how long the process is taking these days and what your business class gets you
                                                                        going tomorrow, OK will do 3 hours and curse you while I'm sitting on my ass 2 hours before takeoff

Thanks

Comment

going tomorrow, OK will do 3 hours and curse you while I'm sitting on my ass 2 hours before takeoff

Thanks
                                                                          I've fired a mate who works down there a quick text, I'll let ya know if he gets back to me.
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                                            Know a girl who took the gofundme a step further than a flight. She recently became a 'photographer' and with that she had to go and spend three weeks in Iceland finding herself and taking photos of the beautiful landscape. She was asking for $2k or $3k to help pay for it. Gofundme is full of similar people asking for their holiday to be paid for. She has a decent job btw so could easily pay for it with a little saving. .
                                                                            Tell her to get into the credit union. I walked in yesterday, asked the chap for a 4k loan, he literally laughed and said only 4k?? Sure that's no bother. He says yeah sign that, this is what you'll pay back. I'll ring you tomorrow.

Rang me about midday, yeah that loan is approved, pop in whenever you want and we'll get it to you either by bank transfer or cash.

Lol. We're so back!

Comment

I've fired a mate who works down there a quick text, I'll let ya know if he gets back to me.
                                                                              No automated passport control as you haven't been on that passport = longer queue.
                                                                              You skip the queue to TSA security with business class.
                                                                              It will be very busy at that time but staff levels are good tomorrow.
                                                                              He reckons you want to be hitting the US area at about half 9 latest. So count back for check in etc
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                Tell her to get into the credit union. I walked in yesterday, asked the chap for a 4k loan, he literally laughed and said only 4k?? Sure that's no bother. He says yeah sign that, this is what you'll pay back. I'll ring you tomorrow.

Rang me about midday, yeah that loan is approved, pop in whenever you want and we'll get it to you either by bank transfer or cash.

Lol. We're so back!
                                                                                No loan repayments with gofundme. Only suckers get loans.

Comment

No loan repayments with gofundme. Only suckers get loans.
                                                                                  Should probably start a gofundme to pay it off

Comment

This GDPR lark is absolutely great.

The amount of shite that I signed up to/subscribed for over the years that I no longer need (or want) and have either been too lazy to stop (or in some cases can't figure out how to as it's in a different language) is off the chart.

Now, they are all e-mailing asking to reconfirm as part of the new regulations. It's so easy to just ignore the ones you no longer need and soon they will be gone.

I welcome a much more efficient and slender inbox by the end of this month.

Comment

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Yanny

Laurel who?
                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

De Toren 2009 drinking well for any of you that resisted temptation.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                          With a fancy ribeye.

In the sun.

Comment

With a fancy ribeye.

In the sun.

Its Friday, should it not be fish.

Comment

back in your box - there ain't nothin fancy about a ribeye.
                                                                                              Not to go over old ground but I find it the most flavoursome cut.
                                                                                              Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 18-05-18, 19:44.

Comment

Not to go over old ground but I find it the modt flavoursome cut.
                                                                                                I found myself in Monart for 2 nights during the week.

Place was like a cult, wild wild country....everyone wearing bathrobes, in the restaurants and all.

Was grand and relaxing but would not be rushing back.

We had a great meal the second night with the nicest piece of fillet i have probably ever had, so full of flavor. A beef cheek croquet accompanied it and it was like a mini Irish stew in your mouth.
                                                                                                Food was great, Spa not so much for me, no phones, no bar as such, 1920's sanatorium feel to the whole thing.
                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                    I found myself in Monart for 2 nights during the week.

Place was like a cult, wild wild country....everyone wearing bathrobes, in the restaurants and all.

Was grand and relaxing but would not be rushing back.

We had a great meal the second night with the nicest piece of fillet i have probably ever had, so full of flavor. A beef cheek croquet accompanied it and it was like a mini Irish stew in your mouth.
                                                                                                    Food was great, Spa not so much for me, no phones, no bar as such, 1920's sanatorium feel to the whole thing.
                                                                                                    Speaking of beef cheeks.

Ordered a racion of carilleras al vino in a fairly nondescript bar in San Sebastian last weekend. Holy shit! All three of us blown away by the depth of flavour.

I was so impressed by it that I tried to order it again the next night but after several txacoli my linguistic skills let me down and I ordered caracoles instead. Had to force down a portion of snails while being laughed at. Wasn't bad tbh.

Comment

Well I'm in some chain hotel in lolcork and it's shit. The 'leisure centre' turned out to be a 70s corpo swimming pool 500m away.

Comment

I bought the 165e offer on groupon for Druid's Glen, hoping to use it this Sunday but they're booked up.

I wasn't a big fan of the Monart, exactly as you say a bit of a cult feeling. On pure value, I thought Seafield & Fota both have decent spa's.

Comment

Speaking of beef cheeks.

Ordered a racion of carilleras al vino in a fairly nondescript bar in San Sebastian last weekend. Holy shit! All three of us blown away by the depth of flavour.

I was so impressed by it that I tried to order it again the next night but after several txacoli my linguistic skills let me down and I ordered caracoles instead. Had to force down a portion of snails while being laughed at. Wasn't bad tbh.
                                                                                                          Big garlicky winkles...

Very easy braise beef cheeks yourself, 50/50 wine/beef stock, 3 hrs in a 140 oven, shred the meat and make pies with the meat and the reduced gravy and the fee mushrooms and carrots you added to the cook.
                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

So, obviously, first catch your ortolan.

Feed up with millet, drown in armagnac, then roast for 7 mins at a high heat. Eat immediately.

Seems easy.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

back in your box - there ain't nothin fancy about a ribeye.
                                                                                                                  I got a few from Derek Nolan in Naas last week, he called them ribeyes, they were quite big and while well marbled they didn't have a big lump of gristle in the middle but I'll tell you something off the barbecue they were as good as any steak I've ever eaten.

Waiting for your review of Two Cooks in Sallins, I'm assuming you are a reg there I've had a couple of great meals there recently including the nicest snails I've had. Highly recommended
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Strewelpeter; 18-05-18, 20:47.
                                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

If anyone has any honest undecided queries about their vote next Friday please feel free to send me a PM I'll do my best to answer them.

Nobody levelling me or being a prick, please.
                                                                                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                      I got a few from Derek Nolan in Naas last week, he called them ribeyes, they were quite big and while well marbled they didn't have a big lump of gristle in the middle but I'll tell you something off the barbecue they were as good as any steak I've ever eaten.
                                                                                                                      Sounds like Angus and taken from the striploin end.

Comment

Toulon and Lyon showcasing all that is wrong with French rugby.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                                          If anyone has any honest undecided queries about their vote next Friday please feel free to send me a PM I'll do my best to answer them.

Nobody levelling me or being a prick, please.
                                                                                                                          When does human life begin Zod?
                                                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X