Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HUD Stats to use for 6-max PLO?

Hi,
    I would like to start studying 6-max PLO seriously and dedicate about 1h/day to it. Apart from watching videos, forum, etc I would like to use HUD for PLO too. What stats would you advise to use? I guess I should probably use different stats than for NLH, but would need some help determining what these stats are and possible some help the colour ranges.

Any help or link to topics discussing this is very much appreciated.
    "Poker isn’t about default strategies, it’s about exploiting your opponent's bad tendencies"

I use the same HUD/stats id use for NLHE, the types of stats shouldnt differ that much. You will just find a lot more 97/3 passive fish type players depending on the stakes you are playing

Comment

Originally posted by Tremolo1 View Post
      I use the same HUD/stats id use for NLHE, the types of stats shouldnt differ that much. You will just find a lot more 97/3 passive fish type players depending on the stakes you are playing
      I was reading an interesting article in a poker magazine last night regarding PLO HUD, they actually advise a setup like this:

VPIP/PFR/3BET
      FLOP AGG / TURN AGG / RIVER AGG
      CHECK RAISE / WTSD / WSD

It is quite interesting the relevance they game to aggression factor rather than on other stats used for NLH. What's your opinion on this?
      "Poker isn’t about default strategies, it’s about exploiting your opponent's bad tendencies"

Comment

Ye the problem with aggression factor is though that it doesn't give us enough information by itself imo, it's calculated as raise percentage+bet percentage/call percentage so it doesn't take into account folding. I've started to use aggression frequency, http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/show...fpart=all&vc=1 think its a lot better.

Obv PFR/VPIP/3B% are very important especially in positions, i use cb and fold to cb% alot too.

Comment

I use the same as NLH

Comment

I tweak mine quite a bit and at the moment i'm working on this one for both omaha hi/lo and tournies/sngs

VPIP/PFR/STEAL
            FLOPCBET/FOLDvFLOPCBET/RAISE FLOPCBET
            LIMP/3BET/FOLDv3BET/WTSD

I had agg stats, and flop/turn/river agg stats but i think i'd rather me looking at board texture, betting patterns rather than using the figures so got rid of it. Looking to add 1 more showdown stats and i reckon i'm happy

Comment

If you go on to duecescracked, there is some excellent video's on HM stats for both nlh and plo, i have downloaded a full series with 8 episodes giving you the full run down on how to use HM the proper way and what stats to use, trust me there is so many hidden stats that everyone should be using.
              I would highly recommend it.

Comment

its a bit off topic here but for those of ye using pt3 (not sure if holdem manager has the same) but you can now colour code a stat with a result from another stat so that you don't clog up the screen.

so say for instance you have 2 stats on your hud "attempt to steal blind%" and "% of time folds steal to blind reraise"

you can now combine these stats so that you now have "attempt to steal blind" only showing but it is now colour coded so you know how often he folds to a blind reraise.

it is something you have to set up manually in pt3 but i think its the nuts

SPOILER
                its probably been around for yonks so iam most likely making a complete idiot out of myself
                SPOILER
                i'll get my coat

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                  If you go on to duecescracked, there is some excellent video's on HM stats for both nlh and plo, i have downloaded a full series with 8 episodes giving you the full run down on how to use HM the proper way and what stats to use, trust me there is so many hidden stats that everyone should be using.
                  I would highly recommend it.
                  What is the name of the series?

Comment

Originally posted by cokedrinker View Post
                    What is the name of the series?
                    App Attack

Comment

Thanks all, I will definitely check that series on DC, I am currently having problems with HUD in Omaha Manager that I am trying to fix - I import hands ok but can't get the HUD working

I got some suggestions on the HM forum though, as soon as I have a minute I try and fix it...wonder if any of you had a similar problem before? I have no problem with HUD on Rush poker when I play hold'em, only with PLO.....

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                        App Attack
                        will check it out, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ViperEyeIRL View Post
                          Thanks all, I will definitely check that series on DC, I am currently having problems with HUD in Omaha Manager that I am trying to fix - I import hands ok but can't get the HUD working

I got some suggestions on the HM forum though, as soon as I have a minute I try and fix it...wonder if any of you had a similar problem before? I have no problem with HUD on Rush poker when I play hold'em, only with PLO.....
                          I had a problem with my HUD aswel but my problem in that my HUD wasn't working for any site. Got it sorted with help from dvdfan. My problem was with table manager not working. If you're just not getting your omaha hud working, i'm not sure. Is it the holdem/omaha manager combined package you have?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                            I had a problem with my HUD aswel but my problem in that my HUD wasn't working for any site. Got it sorted with help from dvdfan. My problem was with table manager not working. If you're just not getting your omaha hud working, i'm not sure. Is it the holdem/omaha manager combined package you have?
                            It used to be Hold'em Manager only and I have now upgraded with Omaha Manager, I posted the issue here last week: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hud-...tml#post183550 and got a couple of suggestions from HM Support, haven't had the chance to try it out yet but when I have a minute I will see if the suggested work around fixes the issue...hopefully!

Comment

Working...
                            X