Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Gambling > General Gambling

Old 16-08-14, 20:25   #101
Wesley Harms
GOAT

1-2 into 4-6 now on Boyles.

Lol the chap doing the VoiceOver in Boyles called the one before hand, said he will be hard to beat

Last edited by Wesley Harms; 16-08-14 at 20:28.
Wesley Harms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-14, 20:29   #102
Arazi

Top 3 thankfully as he was only 3rd. Lot of work to do - will be looking for a soft heat next week too. He ran shit

Last edited by Arazi; 16-08-14 at 20:34.
Arazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-14, 20:35   #103
TonyCascarino

Dog doesn't look right to me. As things stand it's highly unlikely he'll win the derby.
TonyCascarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-14, 21:23   #104
Arazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyCascarino View Post
Dog doesn't look right to me. As things stand it's highly unlikely he'll win the derby.
Deffo not right TC but he's not far off it. I'd be relaxed enough about it. He's obv got a few problems but he's got 7 days and it's a moderate Derby. It's all about qualifying. He won't be doing it in the flamboyant fashion I envisioned but I have a considerable bet on him and I'm not throwing away my dockets. Please God he gets another handy heat for next week, there are plenty of scrubbers left in there.
Thanks From:
Old 16-08-14, 23:27   #105
Arazi

A pretty good draw for round 3, no real scrubbers in his heat but the race has a lovely makeup for him.
Old 17-08-14, 19:21   #106
who..wants..it

Quote:
In wat way wouldn't u think the dog isn't rite??
who..wants..it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-14, 00:23   #107
Mellor

Quote:
Originally Posted by who..wants..it View Post
In wat way wouldn't u think the dog isn't rite??
Old 21-08-14, 11:06   #108
Gimmeabreak
Chief Tipster

Taken from http://www.igb.ie/talking-dogs/droop...doubts-remain/

Robert Gleeson reported yesterday that Droopys Nidge will definitely run in the third round of the Boylesports.com Irish Derby on Saturday night be he admits that “we won’t really know until Saturday night how he is”.

Droopys Nidge has been patently short of his best form in the Derby to date and Gleeson reports that the dog was very sore on Sunday and Monday in his lower back and neck. “We had him checked out and the soreness appears to be largely gone and hopefully he will be okay by Saturday”.

Gleeson added that “We can’t gallop him this week and I’ll be honest, if it wasn’t the Derby he probably wouldn’t run on Saturday”.
Gimmeabreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 23-08-14, 13:49   #109
shanboghted

im liking the 33's on green prince consistantly clocking around 29.70-80 and looks fresh
shanboghted is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 23-08-14, 17:17   #110
mdoug

Droopys ward wouldn't have been one I wanted to face in this heat, will get ahead early and will probably win from the front and that'll leave traps 2-5 vying for space.
Will be an interesting race but droopys definitely won't be anything near 2/1 after it unless he crushes it so I'm kind of hoping for my €100 free bet at this stage tbh.

8:25 for anyone looking to watch.
mdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old 23-08-14, 18:34   #111
TonyCascarino

Anyone who backed Nidge should really be hoping he doesn't qualify tonight. Unless Gleeson is an exaggerating the injury, the dog shouldn't be running at all. There is just something that doesn't really add up because if he is injured, he shouldn't be running. This can be interpreted in a number of ways. There's a possibility that Gleeson thinks he can get the dog right as they go through the competition but I wouldn't be confident. It has been done though. Anyway, as I said, Nidge backers should be just happy to get their money back tonight.

I couldn't resist adding a final two to my kennel for the outright market today. I simply cannot believe the value in the prices for El Flutter and kisses for Cloda. They are available at 66s and 50s in Boyles. I went in to back El Flutter at 80/1 in ladbrokes and I checked the price immediately before I placed the bet. Then after some delay in processing the bet I was informed that betting had been mysteriously suspended on El flutter. What a coincidence. Anyway, I'm still doing cartwheels over getting him at 66s.
Thanks From:
Old 23-08-14, 21:00   #112
kaiser soze

Well that's money back in a free bet, now to find a winner to actually get the money back.
Old 23-08-14, 21:57   #113
dobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
Well that's money back in a free bet, now to find a winner to actually get the money back.
Ok, so take it Nidge lost? Who are we on then? I know absolutely nothing about dogs.
dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-14, 22:09   #114
TonyCascarino

Yeah Nidge is gone..I had a 7 dog accumulator tonight for 6.5 grand..got 6 out of 7 up
Old 23-08-14, 22:13   #115
kaiser soze

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobman88 View Post
Ok, so take it Nidge lost? Who are we on then? I know absolutely nothing about dogs.
Here's your mate not a clue either, we will have to wait for Arazi or tony cascarino to give us their expert opinion on the dogs left.
Old 23-08-14, 22:13   #116
mdoug

Quote:
Thankfully that rain has stopped. Hopefully some youngsters will emerge to make it exciting. I've filled my kennel to the brim today:

Ballymac vic 33s
Tyrur sugar ray 50s
Priceless lassie 50s
Laughil blake (100s with laddies, unbelievable price)
Runaway rover 100s
Kilara hey mac 125s
Ecclestone 125s
General wolf 50s

Good luck to all the Nidge groupies tonight. I hope he qualifies as it would be bad for the derby if he didn't.
The only 2 we share from your list romped home tonight
Thanks From:
Old 23-08-14, 22:14   #117
mdoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
Here's your mate not a clue either, we will have to wait for Arazi or tony cascarino to give us their expert opinion on the dogs left.
Does it say that you have to put the 100 back on the dogs? I thought you could just put it on anything
Old 23-08-14, 22:20   #118
dobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoug View Post
Does it say that you have to put the 100 back on the dogs? I thought you could just put it on anything
Yeah but it's dog money now

And it's actually been quite fun keeping up with the races each week. Something different for a change
dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-14, 22:25   #119
kaiser soze

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoug View Post
Not sure at all about this, went to local boyles to watch race and asked guy behind counter about MBS and he hadn't got a clue either. I am pretty sure Arazi knows the details.
Old 23-08-14, 22:45   #120
Arazi

They definitely had no stipulations, not even in the small print, so it must be on anything. The key EV wise is to find the biggest price trading at or close to its 100% price and to back that as you don't receive your free bet stake back:

Examples:
Winner at 1/1 returns 100, Expected Return 50% of 100 = 50
Winner at 2/1 returns 200, Expected Return 33% of 200 = 66
winner at 7/1 returns 700, Expected Return 12.5% of 700 = 87.50

Ps sorry about the selection, he's been running hurt the last 3 weeks. I done in a good chunk on him.

Irish Poker Boards > Gambling > General Gambling