Top two v flopped flush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top two v flopped flush

Hi! Just looking for some insight into a hand I played the other night in the middle stages of a tournament. No real reads on villain other than he was quite chatty and smiley while in a hand and not.

Stacks -
    Me: 63k
    Villain: 67k

Blinds, 1k/2k

Villain raises to 5K UTG, CO calls, SB folds and I defend Q9 in the BB.

Flop is 962 and I check. Villain bets 9k, CO folds and I call.
    I didn't see any logic in check raising. I'm only getting called by overpairs with a club and made flushes, against which I'm essentially dead. I have 14 outs against overpairs without a club (9 clubs, 3 Qs, 2 9s)

Turn is 3. Villain bets 21k. I tank and call.
    This is where I think I made a mistake. I don't think he's double-barreling without at least one high club and given his UTG raise, they have to be a possibility.

River is Q. Villain shoves. I think for about a minute and reluctantly call it off.
    Obviously there is really nothing I can do here. I didn't think he'd triple-barrel an overpair for value with the three clubs on board, so I figured he either had a flush or air. I took a minute to try to get some sort of physical tell, to little avail. I threw the chips in with top two.

He turns over JT for a flopped flush and I'm out.

I've been talking to a few poker friends who have said that it was just poker. If he was a right-thinking player and had the Q9 and I had the flush, the hand would've played out the same.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by specter; 03-06-15, 15:22.

I can't justify calling off third of my stack on the turn here on that board, its either bet shove or fold here, he is showing alot of strength here imo and is probably calling off alot of marginal hands here to your shove on the turn as he's committed over 35k onto the pot already so I'm probably folding here
    https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

Originally posted by shanboghted View Post
      I can't justify calling off third of my stack on the turn here on that board, its either bet shove or fold here, he is showing alot of strength here imo and is probably calling off alot of marginal hands here to your shove on the turn as he's committed over 35k onto the pot already so I'm probably folding here
      What's wrong with calling turn and calling all non club, A or K rivers? I disagree with shove or fold we're either drawing almost dead (or completely) or a bit ahead eg vs his Acx Kcx. River is a must call IMO when we get there anyways!

Comment

Originally posted by shanboghted View Post
        Woah my mistake didn't realise the villains bet on the turn was one third of the players stack at the start of the hand! So almost half of his stack on turn, for sure shove or fold.
        Also had a skim and at thought this was an online hand history at first, i think most live players wont bet turn with their one club hands enough of the time so fold for me and if it's 9 handed a utg opening range has very little bluffs left!
        Last edited by EVinfiinity; 03-06-15, 17:40. Reason: .

Comment

seems a very easy fold pre v utg raise. You will almost always be in bluff catcher mode if you make something and 30bbs deep is not much room to make moves. Plus his range should have you crushed and you'll be oop. River is a snap call. He's betting 28 into 76. This is not flush or air - or shouldn't be. Any over pair on the flop I'd expect to shove river for value, even A9s if its in his utg range. Generally people don't post results either in op as it skews opinion. That said, I think turn is almost as easy a fold as pf

Comment

Working...
          X