€1/€1 Facing Turn Shove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

€1/€1 Facing Turn Shove

Villain is LAG, hasn't had many hands to showdown, haven't played much with him tonight or in the past.. had me a bit confused with the line he's taken in some hands with other players but was chipping up, Hero has been relatively loose pre flop(max pre flop raise €5), but has played well post flop and is up a couple of buy ins... , Blinds are 1/1 with a straddle of 3 in this hand, Full Ring

Hero (Button) €470
    Villain (SB) €200+

2 callers for 3, Hero has J J, Hero makes it €20, Villain calls and straddle calls, other 2 players fold.

Flop

10 , 9 , 4

Villain and straddle both check, Hero bets €42, Villain calls and straddle folds.

Turn

Villain shoves for €164 or 174 can't remember now, Hero ??

How's my bet sizing here, would anyone make it more or less pre or post, also what range are we really beating here, was trying to run in through in my head at the time, the only hands I thought at the time I could beat were A10, K10,A9, JcQc, KdQd 78c 78d etc.

Any criticism or input would be appreciated as always, this hand really confused me, would be nice to see what some of the better players think thanks
    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Easy call? I mean you just provided a list of v likely hands you can beat, its a really strange line for a set/2pair to take and you said the villian is LAG, nuff said.
    They will be like WTF how does he always have the top of his range, and they will be saying that when you show up with like nine's - Jimmy Fricke
    Nine's are the top of my range - Shaun Deeb

Comment

Snap

Comment

Call

If he's hit 2 pair or similar then its just unlucky.
        He he had a better hand preflp then lol

Comment

prefer betting ~ 52 into the 68 on the flop instead of 42. Makes stack sizes easier imo

Comment

snappage

Comment

Great turn card (until he turns over 54!), snap call, cooler if you are beaten. Pot is way too big to consider folding an overpair to a line like his.

Comment

Yep very easy call. I make it a little more on the flop so I can shove the turn for a nice size.

Comment

made the call, Jc on the river, "ugh i've a set, no good i guess" i declare, he said "you win", dealer begins to push chips towards me, then flipped over his hand 4c 5c and laughed about it was just wondering if anyone would have gotten away from it, don't feel so bad, left straight after the hand so still made a small profit,..... agreed should have bet more on flop, didn't think it was as straight forward as i 1st thought but obviously was
                  Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Working...
                  X