Live Tournie - QQ preflop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Tournie - QQ preflop

Just a hand from the scalps game in Molloys last yesterday. Down to final 6, 3 getting paid but knew that 4th would prob have a deal done for money back. Have played fairly tight and had shown a 10,10 fold to a re-raise. Due to stacks being very deep I find it easier to get away from these big hands preflop - that may be a good or bad thing overall.

Anyway, raised (UTG or UTG+1) for his standard 3bb raise to 3k or so with blinds at 500-1k. Graham Masters insta-reraises to 8k to isolate. I'm next to act with 30k or so. Thoughts?

history is that original raiser has shown JJ with his last two raises and has been fairly quiet otherwise. Graham has been fairly active trying to limp into pots with medium hands but betting big with premium hands.

Given that he's seen the JJ shown the last few times also, how do we weigh this against 'It's QQ and 6-handed, ship it!'?

you have QQ with 30BB. all inski. How can you consider doing anything else
    Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

pause....check cards...sigh....recheck cards.....push chips in.....call "one time" "hold" etc etc.....win.....stack chips...eeeeezzzzzzzz game

Comment

Originally posted by the aul switcharoo View Post
        you have QQ with 30BB. all inski. How can you consider doing anything else
        This.

Comment

All in
          To accumulate enduring wealth, do not lend to grasshoppers.

Comment

Yeah, that's kinda the response I was expecting. I folded.....

Wasn't a looking to move up the places thing or afraid to get it all in. Just thought it was up against AK at best for me and with nothing invested I could just find a better spot if correct in what I thought.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                N1, actually did laugh out loud. Would have got outdrawn against AK and AQ (the re-raiser) when ace hit flop, but was still a bad fold obv given the cards and 1.5/1 on my money preflop.

Comment

ha sorry for the sarcasm in that pic. but seriously even if you know the villain has AK its a push

Comment

Loved the pic, need to bring more of them from Boards. Thought AK was the minimum he had. Ah, was pretty much a coin toss in my head as to shove or fold. Wouldn't be a habit! Not a poster of hands usually but thought I should do something with the new site and all

Comment

I think you've been watching too much Phil Helmuth Ronan. I could never ever fold QQ in that spot

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post

Wasn't a looking to move up the places thing or afraid to get it all in. Just thought it was up against AK at best for me and with nothing invested I could just find a better spot if correct in what I thought.
                        WOW.

Folding here is just slightly better than greasing yourself up, putting a pair of fishnets on and hitting the showers in Mountjoy...only slightly better mind you.
                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                          WOW.

Folding here is just slightly better than greasing yourself up, putting a pair of fishnets on and hitting the showers in Mountjoy...only slightly better mind you.
                          and you would need an awfull lot of grease cos thats "tight"

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Right, no support for the fold then so. All taken under consideration. Donk fold

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                              I think you've been watching too much Phil Helmuth Ronan. I could never ever fold QQ in that spot
                              lol, yeah i cant fold in this spot either.
                              ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                              I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Yeah I jam here too. Not the ideal spot to 4b shove, over the UTG tight guy, and Graham, who seemed more prone to calling pre than 3betting from my table time with him, but I'd still be jamming it in.
                                Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                  WOW.

lol wp
                                  To accumulate enduring wealth, do not lend to grasshoppers.

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post

this is bad, its an insta cram jam, and i also believe that TT+ and AQ is a shove
                                    http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
                                      this is bad, its an insta cram jam, and i also believe that TT+ and AQ is a shove
                                      I don't think TT or AQ would be good shoves in this spot. Opener is very tight, and 3better AFAIR doesn't 3bet too much, even in spots where I thought were easy 3bets/squeezes, and bad flats.
                                      Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Working...
                                      X