Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
    I bet its glorious. Will look massive if he is holding it too.
    this but in a wig
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
      Haven't been paying much attention to the Wiggins stuff. Read something today that confused me.
      He was taking a corticosteroid (not anabolic steroids) before some big races. The particular drug wasn't on the WADA list, so not illegal but still unethical. Yet, he also applied for a TUE?
      Why did he apply for a TUE if it's not banned? Seems like a bad move. As it creates a record of what he took that liable to be leaked. And sort of suggests and attitude that he knows he should shouldn't be taking it without permission.
      The story they are spinning would make more sense if he just took it and disclosed it when asked about medication when tested.

A corticosteroid is not banned, however a TUE is applied for because it will have an effect on blood levels & behavior. Cyclists are tested upwards of 20 times a year and results are recorded and monitored. Essentially by obtaining the TUE you are making UCI and WADA aware that there is the possibility of an unreliable result, and perhaps an abnormal hemocratic measurement, in any upcoming test. The cyclist could then illicitly use EPO (only a moderate dosage) without fear of its detection

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        A quick question for me to store the answer away in a filing cabinet. We randomly went into somewhere in Dublin last April to buy donuts, and as a family have not yet quite moved on from how amazing they were. Its been a frequent conversation over the intervening year and the main reason the eldest kid is still proudly Irish. Was somewhere near Suffolk Street. The wife went into the supposedly brill Aungier Danger last week and thought the donuts were a bit dodge. Where should we go for donuts when we're over in the summer?
        The one near Suffolk street is Boston donuts on Trinity street which is near Keoghs cafe and they have lovely chocolate cake

Comment

Start the new job today. It really is one of the great upsides of capitalism; the ability to move on and reinvent yourself.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            Start the new job today. It really is one of the great upsides of capitalism; the ability to move on and reinvent yourself.
            Best of luck with it. What is the role?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                Fucked if I know. Come back to me in a week!

Comment

Comment

A quick question for me to store the answer away in a filing cabinet. We randomly went into somewhere in Dublin last April to buy donuts, and as a family have not yet quite moved on from how amazing they were. Its been a frequent conversation over the intervening year and the main reason the eldest kid is still proudly Irish. Was somewhere near Suffolk Street. The wife went into the supposedly brill Aungier Danger last week and thought the donuts were a bit dodge. Where should we go for donuts when we're over in the summer?
                    I think donuts are dead and we will all look back at the time when we had chains stores jumping up all over the place competing for market share and wonder how the fuck did they get financing.

Back to a novelty purchase

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                        I think donuts are dead and we will all look back at the time when we had chains stores jumping up all over the place competing for market share and wonder how the fuck did they get financing.

Back to a novelty purchase
                        Yeah there's a lot of cunts setting up businesses and fairly committing to what will just be a trend and be something else next year.
                        airport, lol

Comment

Comment

It was those 100 shops selling bubble tea that I never got, but good donuts are objectively the foodstuff of kings.
                            the "not allowed to lick your lips challenge" when eating a sugary donut is always a good one for the kids

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              A corticosteroid is not banned, however a TUE is applied for because it will have an effect on blood levels & behavior. Cyclists are tested upwards of 20 times a year and results are recorded and monitored. Essentially by obtaining the TUE you are making UCI and WADA aware that there is the possibility of an unreliable result, and perhaps an abnormal hemocratic measurement, in any upcoming test. The cyclist could then illicitly use EPO (only a moderate dosage) without fear of its detection
                              Does the corticosteroid affect hemocrit? Even if it does, UCl would still alerted based on the medical questionaire. Maybe the thinking is that a TUE is a more open approach, which is fair enough. But why are authorities granting unnecessary TUEs.
                              These days EPO can be detected in itself. So he wouldn't be totally in the clear to microdise.

Comment

It was those 100 shops selling bubble tea that I never got, but good donuts are objectively the foodstuff of kings.
                                Cronuts > Donuts
                                AINEC

Comment

At last. President arrested for election funding by rogue foreign dictator.

Comment

Bubble tea is glorious stuff. But I guess it helps I first experienced in Amsterdam while off my bin
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

What is bubble tea? I know I could Google it, but that's not in the spirit of discussion.

Comment

Comment

Its a drink that a kid would design in order to deliver maximum sugar. Its a normal soft drink, or maybe a tea, with loads of 'bubbles' in it that are full of sugar. A horrible sickly candy floss type of drink.
                                          It doesn't sound like my life is poorer for not knowing this before now.

Comment

Its a drink that a kid would design in order to deliver maximum sugar. Its a normal soft drink, or maybe a tea, with loads of 'bubbles' in it that are full of sugar. A horrible sickly candy floss type of drink.
                                            Like Peach iced tea?

Comment

Anyone know if I'm dreaming this... There was a class ice tea in a can. 97% sure it was Lipton but was it carbonated? I remember being addicted to it and it disappearing. This is about 20 years ago.

On a side note it's just ruined my day that I remember things from 20 odd years ago. Getting on.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                What is bubble tea? I know I could Google it, but that's not in the spirit of discussion.
                                                Tea with topioca balls (topioca is a kind of dough but can be filled differently, in bubble tea, this is usually jelly. Actually quite nice.
                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

ehhh..no

that is not what it is at all

jasmin iced green tea with milk and tapioca pearls.
                                                  yours sounds like a slush puppy

or maybe the 'Dam really did a number on me

Comment

Did anyone see this US Army tweet?

'Murica

or O'Murica in this case

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                      Anyone know if I'm dreaming this... There was a class ice tea in a can. 97% sure it was Lipton but was it carbonated? I remember being addicted to it and it disappearing. This is about 20 years ago.

On a side note it's just ruined my day that I remember things from 20 odd years ago. Getting on.
                                                      You still get liptons iced teas. The kids, mainly the girls, love it. The lemon and the peach. You get a carbonated and a still version.

You can get sachets to turn still or sparkling water into these drinks, you get them on amazon.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 20-03-18, 13:53.

Comment

Had the final weigh in for the weight loss competition in my gym and I've won. Down 10.7KG (23.5lbs) in 8 weeks and won 6 months more at my gym, hell of a lot stronger now too. My membership ran out a few weeks ago so that came in the nick of time and saved me a few hundred quid!

Nothing like crushing your opponents, hearing the lamentations of their women and watching them flee before you while getting healthier at the same time.
                                                          Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 20-03-18, 15:52.

Comment

So what do you do here? Creche wants kid home as he has conjunctivitis, work says he’ll need a doctor’s cert to pay me. Conjunctivitis is a minor complaint treated with over the counter medicine. A Doctor’s surgery is a breeding ground for much worse bugs. What’s the play?

Asking for a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                              Had the final weigh in for the weight loss competition in my gym and I've won. Down 10.7KG (23.5lbs) in 8 weeks and won 6 months more at my gym. My membership ran out a few weeks ago so that came in the nick of time and saved me a few hundred quid!

Nothing like crushing your opponents, hearing the lamentations of their women and watching them flee before you while getting healthier at the same time.
                                                              You seem to have led a very sheltered life.

How the fk did you do it skinny ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                So what do you do here? Creche wants kid home as he has conjunctivitis, work says he’ll need a doctor’s cert to pay me. Conjunctivitis is a minor complaint treated with over the counter medicine. A Doctor’s surgery is a breeding ground for much worse bugs. What’s the play?

Asking for a friend.
                                                                Doctors will certify an 'infectious home' or some such wording.
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                  The one near Suffolk street is Boston donuts on Trinity street which is near Keoghs cafe and they have lovely chocolate cake
                                                                  It's gone, passed the other day and it's empty.

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                  https://www.therollingdonut.ie/

if donut land in Dublin were a horse race these guys are group 1 class and the rest are hacking around Tramore. Bacon & Maple, and Baileys are my two personal favourites.
                                                                  Most of their donuts are a sour dough, which is... not good, imo.
                                                                  Check out Off Beat imo.

Don't worry about it, in a few years you won't remember a thing.
                                                                  "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                  "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Comment

I don't even drink tea and I used to love these as a kid, were class.

Comment

Called for Jury duty April 30th. Am best man at a wedding May 24th.

Squeaky bum.
                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Armed school guard prevents massacre in Maryland school.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                            False flag event. Definitely. Too convenient.
                                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                              I don't think anyone disputed that shooting dead the attacker would stop a massacre.
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Lidl

Comment

Never had a fancy donut in my life, and the mrs. showed up with a box of Off Beat Donuts for the young fella's birthday. Powerful stuff BBV

Comment

Rolling donut is good shit, my selection box there a few weeks back

Comment

Rolling donut is good shit, my selection box there a few weeks back

10k goes up, 10k goes down .10k goes up...

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                        Lidl

LODL

Comment

Conjunctivitis isn't that minor, because of the potential complications around eyesight. Thats a definite doctor visit.
                                                                                          For us.
                                                                                          1st time. Dr. Oh yeah get Brollin

2nd time. Got Brollin

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                            Answer seems to be 'everything'. First trip next week, hopefully that will be a none too crazy frequency event.

Comment

In conjunction with the above, there's no way I can commit to running the Aintree tipping comp.

Would someone like to volunteer to step into my (enormous) shoes? I'll give them the spreadsheet and the required IP.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

I think it was mentioned before but Godless on Netflix is really really good

Comment

I don't even drink tea and I used to love these as a kid, were class.
                                                                                                      I'm not dreaming it then. A quick Google suggests it didn't even exist. I miss them.

Comment

I'm not dreaming it then. A quick Google suggests it didn't even exist. I miss them.
                                                                                                        There was definitely a drink called Lipton Ice that was lemony iced tea maybe 15-20 years ago

Comment

New avatar?

If 'flying back and forth to Schipol and Docklands repeatedly' gets me recognised as the younger and better-looking version of George Clooney that I undoubtedly am, then yes!

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                            There was definitely a drink called Lipton Ice that was lemony iced tea maybe 15-20 years ago
                                                                                                            Surely still exists? Pretty sure I had one quite recently.

Comment

Seems it was the feckin' Brits who invented Crooked Hilary.

Some tremendous swamp-drainage being performed this week. Vlad must be proud of his little puppet.

Although the Nasty Man Mueller now has yet another angle to attack The Greatest President Evah. Booooooo!

Comment

Could easily be, I remember there being a big advertising push on it when they released it first.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                  As I said before, you can still get it!

Iced tea is very popular in lots of places. You can buy it in Scotland in some of the cash and carry's

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                      As I said before, you can still get it!

Iced tea is very popular in lots of places. You can buy it in Scotland in some of the cash and carry's
                                                                                                                      Arsetralia imo - they are mad into iced tea down there. 99% sure that's where.

It's actually quite refreshing in a 'this shouldn't be nice but is' kind of way

Comment

Can confirm. Lipton Ice tea still in the shops down under. I didn't realise is was there ever unavailable. Don't think I've tried it though

Comment

@Hotspur - The East Asian Film Festival Ireland hits the IFI next month, am going to miss it myself as am away that week.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X