Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
    Deadline has already passed.
    Ah well, if it comes to pass I'll get over my multi sport competition lost points somehow or other

Comment

Result 9/40.
      Soccer - Champions League.

1st. Liverpool or Spurs. 4 points - No-one.
      2nd. Liverpool or Spurs. 2 points - No-one.
      Semi-final. Ajax. 1 point - No-one.
      Semi-final. Barcelona. 1 point - limpwhacker, 5starpool, luckforsome, premierstone, brady23, Flushdraw.

Completed Events.

Leaderboard. Figure in brackets is number of changes used.
      Next up is Heineken Cup Rugby on Saturday when Saracens (5 picks) go up against Leinster (9 picks) for the 4,2 points. Will update it on Sunday evening.
      Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 08-05-19, 21:11.

Comment

I think somewhere in there is 'UK Snooker, change Ronnie to Judd Trump' ?
        I'll accept that as your second change.
        Cheers AJ . Transfer definitely sent during an elevated state as we know. Well deciphered . 3rd one will be straightforward I promise

Comment

EPL bottom of table change to Brighton please(oversight at the time with Fulham).

UK championship to Judd Trump too

Happy for that to be all my transfers in light of my Cricket faux pas

Comment

Murdrum = brady for anyone who doesn't read the BBV. I'll update the spreadsheet so as to eliminate any confusion.
            Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
            EPL bottom of table change to Brighton please(oversight at the time with Fulham).
            UK championship to Judd Trump too
            Grand.

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
            Happy for that to be all my transfers in light of my Cricket faux pas
            Not at all, a few people made similar mistakes and were fixed up at/before the start. You will still have a change left to use when you want.

Comment

Result 10/40.
              Rugby - Heineken Cup.

1st. Saracens. 4 points - KevIrl, bohsman, shrapnel, limpwhacker, pokerhand.
              2nd. Leinster. 2 points - AJ, SP, bluezar, mdoug, RichieM, luckforsome, Flushdraw, premierstone, La Lao..

limpwhacker becomes our new leader after premierstone wilted.

Completed Events.

Next up is the Darts Premier League, finishing on Thursday. MVG (mdoug, luckforsome, Murdrum), Rob Cross (limpwhacker, RichieM) and Daryl Gurney (Flushdraw, 5starpool) all have some chance of points but nothing guaranteed.

Comment

Late May/early June change deadlines.

Tennis - French Open Women - Starts 26/05. Deadline for changes 21/05 21:59
                Cricket - World Cup - Starts 30/05. Deadline for changes 25/05 21:59
                Horse Racing - Epsom Derby - Starts 01/06. Deadline for changes 27/05 21:59
                Soccer - Womens World Cup - Starts 07/06. Deadline for changes 02/06 21:59
                Golf - US Open - Starts 13/06. Deadline for changes 08/06 21:59

Comment

Result 11/40.
                  Darts - Premier League, League Phase.

2nd. Rob Cross. 4 points - RichieM, limpwhacker.
                  3rd. James Wade. 2 points - no-one.

limpwhacker continues his impressive run and stretches his lead to 5 points. Multi-sport expert RichieM moves into second place.

Completed Events.

June is busy with an event finishing on each of its five weekends.
                  First up is the Epsom Derby on the 1st of June.

Comment

1st change. Epsom derby. Sir Dragonet
                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Change EPL bottom place to Norwich please

Comment

...1st change- Epsom derby to Broome please... Also, Fuck you Rob Cross and your losing final match...

Comment

2nd change. Bottom of EPL. Sheffield
                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Too late to change Monaghan the useless fckrs in the Ulster championship ???

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post
                              Too late to change Monaghan the useless fckrs in the Ulster championship ???
                              Ouch, I didn't know that was on today.
                              Was feeling quite confident about the Monaghan pick what with Tyrone and Donegal being on the other side of the draw. Hopefully Fermanagh knock them both out now and zero the event.

Comment

Ouch, I didn't know that was on today.
                                Was feeling quite confident about the Monaghan pick what with Tyrone and Donegal being on the other side of the draw. Hopefully Fermanagh knock them both out now and zero the event.
                                Me too. They were shocking. Worst I've seen from them in 5 years. Fuckers will still make the last 8 through the back door.

Comment

Derby change to sir dragonet please

Comment

Derby change to bangkok please

Comment

Derby change to Broome please

Comment

Derby Change to Dragonet please

Comment

Epson change to madhmoon
                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Derby change to sir dragonet please

Comment

AJ first change. Derby change to Telecaster.

Comment

AJ first change. Derby change to Telecaster.
                                                Derby change to Broome please AJ

Comment

Late May/early June change deadlines.

Horse Racing - Epsom Derby - Starts 01/06. Deadline for changes 27/05 21:59
                                                  Originally posted by Bluezar View Post
                                                  Derby change to Broome please AJ
                                                  Soz, can't allow this one as deadline passed last evening and I've rejected similar late changes from kev and SP earlier in the year.
                                                  Part of the game to get changes in on time whilst also leaving it as late as possible for max info.

Comment

Soz, can't allow this one as deadline passed last evening and I've rejected similar late changes from kev and SP earlier in the year.
                                                    Part of the game to get changes in on time whilst also leaving it as late as possible for max info.
                                                    Ah, my fault - did not see he deadline was yesterday for the derby.

Comment

Derby up next on Saturday afternoon. Lots of changes made with doubts over Too Darn Hot.
                                                      This is where everyone ended up I think. Let me know if I missed your change.

Comment

Ah ffs! I checked the other day and got it in my dumb head 1st of june for Derby Deadline.
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

June change deadlines.

Soccer - Womens World Cup - Starts 07/06. Deadline for changes 02/06 21:59
                                                          Golf - US Open - Starts 13/06. Deadline for changes 08/06 21:59
                                                          Soccer - AFCON - Starts 21/06. Deadline for changes 16/06 21:59
                                                          Tennis - Wimbledon Women - Starts 01/07. Deadline for changes 26/06 21:59
                                                          Poker - WSOPME - Starts 03/07 - Deadline for changes 28/06 21:59

Comment

Result 12/40.
                                                            Horse Racing - Derby.

1sr. Anthony van Dyck. 4 points - no-one.
                                                            2nd. Madhmoon. 2 points - mdoug, Murdrum.
                                                            3rd. Japan. 1 point - no-one.

Broome 4th and Sir Dragonet 5th in a close race for the places. Bangkok 12th with Telecaster last. Magna Greca and Too Darn Hot non-runners.

Decent result for limpwhacker who kept his five point lead despite 10 change chips being used.

Completed events.

Events finishing apace as we get into the summer months - French Womens tennis next to complete, next Saturday afternoon.

Comment

Serena dumped out of the French Open by an unseeded 20 year old, so a few fallers early on.

Comment

SPOILER

Selections for remaining events.

Rugby League
                                                                Table after 16 of 29 regular season games.
                                                                Leeds (Strewelpeter) and Wigan (limpwhacker, Flushdraw) are going to need a good finish to the season to make the play-offs (top 5). Warrington (shrapnel) look good in second place whilst St Helens (everyone else) lead the way. Helens blew up last year in the semi-finals, but the playoff format is much more favourable for the regular season winners this year. The league leaders will get two chances, both at home, to make the final.

Aussie Rules
                                                                Exactly half way through the regular season. Table here.
                                                                Richmond (11 picks) are in the top 8 without playing well. Collingwood (limpwhacker, RichieM, shrapnel) going fine in 3rd spot. Geelong (mdoug) have been the best team and lead the way. Looks like Sydney Swans (6starpool) aren't going to make the top 8 playoffs.

Baseball
                                                                ~60 of 162 regular season games done. Boston, Houston, NY Yankees, LA Dodgers and Chicago Cubs are our picks - LA (pokerhand), Yankees (Lao Lao, luckforsome) and Houston (RichieM, shrapnel, AJ, bluezar, 6starpool, Kev, premierstone) all going really well. Boston the only disappointment so far but that can change quickly in such a long format.

Ulster Football.
                                                                Huge game next Saturday when Donegal (4 picks) go up against Tyrone (7 picks) in the semi-final. Losers leave with nothing, winners guaranteed 2 points and will be odds-on favs to make it 4 points. Monaghan (5 picks inc leader limpwhacker) already eliminated so a big chance for people to cut his lead.

Tennis French Open
                                                                Serena (luckforsome, KevIrl, Murdrum, Lao Lao) already eliminated, as is Murguruza (6starpool). Just leaves Sloane Stephens (premierstone) who is safely into quarter finals, and Simona Halep (everyone else) who is into the last 16. Opposite side of the draw to Stephens.
                                                                Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 02-06-19, 22:24.

Comment

US Open Change - Brooks Koepka instead of Tiger

Comment

SPOILER

Selections for remaining events.

Rugby League
                                                                    Table after 16 of 29 regular season games.
                                                                    Leeds (Strewelpeter) and Wigan (limpwhacker, Flushdraw) are going to need a good finish to the season to make the play-offs (top 5). Warrington (shrapnel) look good in second place whilst St Helens (everyone else) lead the way. Helens blew up last year in the semi-finals, but the playoff format is much more favourable for the regular season winners this year. The league leaders will get two chances, both at home, to make the final.

Aussie Rules
                                                                    Exactly half way through the regular season. Table here.
                                                                    Richmond (11 picks) are in the top 8 without playing well. Collingwood (limpwhacker, RichieM, shrapnel) going fine in 3rd spot. Geelong (mdoug) have been the best team and lead the way. Looks like Sydney Swans (6starpool) aren't going to make the top 8 playoffs.

Baseball
                                                                    ~60 of 162 regular season games done. Boston, Houston, NY Yankees, LA Dodgers and Chicago Cubs are our picks - LA (pokerhand), Yankees (Lao Lao, luckforsome) and Houston (RichieM, shrapnel, AJ, bluezar, 6starpool, Kev, premierstone) all going really well. Boston the only disappointment so far but that can change quickly in such a long format.

Ulster Football.
                                                                    Huge game next Saturday when Donegal (4 picks) go up against Tyrone (7 picks) in the semi-final. Losers leave with nothing, winners guaranteed 2 points and will be odds-on favs to make it 4 points. Monaghan (5 picks inc leader limpwhacker) already eliminated so a big chance for people to cut his lead.

Tennis French Open
                                                                    Serena (luckforsome, KevIrl, Murdrum, Lao Lao) already eliminated, as is Murguruza (6starpool). Just leaves Sloane Stephens (premierstone) who is safely into quarter finals, and Simona Halep (everyone else) who is into the last 16. Opposite side of the draw to Stephens.
                                                                    Limpwhacker guaranteed not to get trip... A lock for 4th imo

Comment

A bagel for us all in the French Open with Halep beaten by a 17 yeard old in the QF

Comment

Result 13/40.
                                                                        Tennis French Open.

13 is unlucky for all as get another blank.

1st. Ashley Barty or Marketa Vondrousova. 4 points - no-one.
                                                                        2nd. Ashley Barty or Marketa Vondrousova. 2 points - no-one.
                                                                        Semi-final. Johanna Konta. 1 point - no-one.
                                                                        Semi-final. Amanda Amisinova. 1 point - no-one.

Completed events.

Leaderboard.
                                                                        US Open Golf next weekend, with 5-3-2-1-1 points its a big chance to make progress.
                                                                        I'm heading to Spain next week for 5 nights of cultural immersion and philosophical musings in the ancient historical town of
                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                        Benidorm
                                                                        so I'll be a day or two late with the golf update.

Comment

...2nd Change please...Tour de Shrapnel, Chris Froome out and Geraint Thomas in...Thank you...

Comment

*sigh*... last change...Tour de France. Chris Froome out and Geraint Thomas in.

Comment

Late June/early July change deadlines.

Cycling - Tour de France - Starts 06/07 - Deadline for changes 01/07 21:59
                                                                              Golf - British Open - Starts 18/07 - Deadline for changes 13/07 21:59
                                                                              Cricket - T20 Blast - Starts 18/07 - Deadline for changes 13/07 21:59

Comment

Late June/early July change deadlines.

Last change Froome to Doumoulin and a non runner in last event

Comment

Last change from froome to bernal, and same as limpy, dud in the last event due to reading lapse

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                    Last change from froome to bernal, and same as limpy, dud in the last event due to reading lapse
                                                                                    If you hadn't changed from Tiger in the Masters, you'd be up in 5th place and still have a change to use on Huddersfield. Just saying like.

Comment

If you hadn't changed from Tiger in the Masters, you'd be up in 5th place and still have a change to use on Huddersfield. Just saying like.
                                                                                      hope it rains in Benidorm today!

Comment

Tour de France change please to Egan Bernal

Comment

Result 14/40.
                                                                                          Golf US Open.

Points are 5-3-2-1-1 (then zero).
                                                                                          So with a 4-way tie for 3rd place it'll be (2+1+1+0 )/ 4 = 1 point each.

1st. Gary Woodland. 5 points - no-one.
                                                                                          2nd. Brooks Koepka. 3 points - RichieM, bluezar, bohsman.
                                                                                          3rd. Rose, Rahm, Reavie, Schauffle. 1 point - pokerhand.

Completed events.

Leaderboard.
                                                                                          Next up is the Ulster Football Final on Sunday.
                                                                                          Donegal (pokerhand, shrapnel, 6starpool, Lao Lao) up against Cavan (no-one) for the 4,2 points.

Comment

My season starts on Sunday - Just wanted to give everyone a decent head start to make it fair. From Sunday, it will be wave after wave of top points coming my way

Comment

Switching onto Egan Bernal for LeTour
                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Result 14/40.
                                                                                                Golf US Open.

Points are 5-3-2-1-1 (then zero).
                                                                                                So with a 4-way tie for 3rd place it'll be (2+1+1+0 )/ 4 = 1 point each.

1st. Gary Woodland. 5 points - no-one.
                                                                                                2nd. Brooks Koepka. 3 points - RichieM, bluezar, bohsman.
                                                                                                3rd. Rose, Rahm, Reavie, Schauffle. 1 point - pokerhand.

Completed events.

Leaderboard.
                                                                                                Next up is the Ulster Football Final on Sunday.
                                                                                                Donegal (pokerhand, shrapnel, 6starpool, Lao Lao) up against Cavan (no-one) for the 4,2 points.
                                                                                                Come the Cavan men one time.

Comment

Result 15/40.
                                                                                                  GAA Ulster Football.

1st. Donegal. 4 points - pokerhand, shrapnel, Lao Lao, 6starpool.
                                                                                                  2nd. Cavan. 2 points - no-one

Completed events.

Leaderboard.
                                                                                                  GAA is next up again, with the Munster Hurling Final next Sunday.
                                                                                                  One of the more open events with all 5 teams picked at least once.
                                                                                                  But for the 4,2 points it's come down to Tipperary (limpwhacker, pokerhand, RichieM, bluezar, KevIRL, Flushdraw, bohsman) v Limerick (shrapnel, mdoug, luckforsome, Lao Lao)

Comment

Come on the Spanish wimmin. Upset still on with less than 20 mins to go. Get those yanks out !!! ����

Comment

Tour de france to Egan Bernal

Wsop to Erika Weinstein
                                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Interesting quarter-final in the Women's World Cup tonight as the pre-tournament fav & 2ndfav meet quite early. Losers leave with zero, winners have a good chance of going on and winning the comp. Live on BBC1 and RTE2.

France (RichieM, shrapnel, 6starpool, bohsman, Strewelpeter) v USA (pokerhand, bluezar, mdoug, luckforsome, KevIRL, Flushdraw, Lao Lao, Murdrum)

Comment

July change deadlines.

Cricket - Ashes Top Runscorer - Starts 01/08 - Deadline for changes 27/07 21:59

Comment

Result 16/40.
                                                                                                            Munster Hurling

1st. Limerick. 4 points - shrapnel, mdoug, luckforsome, Lao Lao
                                                                                                            2nd. Tipperary. 2 points - limpwhacker, pokerhand, RichieM, bluezar, KevIRL, Flushdraw, bohsman

Completed events

Remaining events

Leaderboard
                                                                                                            July is the busiest month with 7 events finishing.
                                                                                                            First up is the Womens World Cup next weekend. With Germany and France beaten at the quarter final stage we are left with USA (pokerhand, bluezar, mdoug, luckforsome, KevIRL, Flushdraw, Lao Lao, Murdrum) and England (limpwhacker) in the hunt for points. They meet in the semi-final on Tuesday.
                                                                                                            Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 30-06-19, 15:16.

Comment

Result 16/40.
                                                                                                              Munster Hurling

1st. Limerick. 4 points - shrapnel, mdoug, luckforsome, Lao Lao
                                                                                                              2nd. Tipperary. 2 points - limpwhacker, pokerhand, RichieM, bluezar, KevIRL, Flushdraw, bohsman

Completed events

Remaining events

Leaderboard
                                                                                                              July is the busiest month with 7 events finishing.
                                                                                                              First up is the Womens World Cup next weekend. With Germany and France beaten at the quarter final stage we are left with USA (pokerhand, bluezar, mdoug, luckforsome, KevIRL, Flushdraw, Lao Lao, Murdrum) and England (limpwhacker) in the hunt for points. They meet in the semi-final on Tuesday.
                                                                                                              The pack are closing in !! AJ is Doumolin a non starter in the TDF ? Have I made the genius move of replacing one non runner with another ??

Comment

Tour de france to Egan Bernal

Comment

TDF change to Geraint Thomas.

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post
                                                                                                                    AJ is Doumolin a non starter in the TDF ? Have I made the genius move of replacing one non runner with another ??
                                                                                                                    Soz, I didn't reply to this as the change window was still open and I've always avoided mentioning injuries or non-runners until the deadline has passed so as not to be 'advising'.
                                                                                                                    But yeah, Dumoulin is a non-runner. There may be a lesson in there about waiting until closer to the deadline for max info, but my lips are sealed.

Comment

Soz, I didn't reply to this as the change window was still open and I've always avoided mentioning injuries or non-runners until the deadline has passed so as not to be 'advising'.
                                                                                                                      But yeah, Dumoulin is a non-runner. There may be a lesson in there about waiting until closer to the deadline for max info, but my lips are sealed.
                                                                                                                      I have been very thankful for the free info received from the very early changes on the Derby and here.

Comment

WSOPME Last Longest. Starts on Wednesday at some stage.

Just to clarify the scoring/rules of this one in advance.

Only the 9 selected players above count - whoever lasts longest gets 4 points for everyone who selected him/her, 2 points for second longest.

I'm only going to use the following to separate players.
                                                                                                                        a) official placing within the money.
                                                                                                                        b) Day of Elimination where Day 2A = Day 2B etc.

I'm not going to use time of elimination or hand number as there are staggered breaks and hand number is fairly unreliable.

Finally to have any chance of scoring points you must at least reach Day 2 (this is just to avoid a stupid 8-way tie for second place if only one selection makes Day 2).

Hopefully Flushdraw will be around to let me know when there is a result or eliminations etc. Or anyone else who follows it feel free to do so.

Comment

Fkn genius I am. What a gobshite !!!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X