Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
    Folsom Blue is a great if not strange horse. Balfe i take it you're getting the shout from the same people i was on him the last year. Gary OB and his mates?

5 times i've been advised to back him, all connections travelled and were expecting to scoop etc.

Placed in Sandown. Won in Punchestown in my favourite race of the year last year. Epic duel with Isleohopendreams and was then ROBBED in the Irish National.

Then the Welsh National, everyone was on from November on at decent prices and Codd was booked. Never travelled and they wrote it off to the good ground. Still finished like a train.
    Uttoxeter last time out was weird. Russel was riding, Brutal jumping, walloped every fence on the last circuit and absolutely bolted up on the run in to finish sixth.

Hopefully he stays upright, would be great to watch him have a go at that long run in. And hopefully a swamp like Fairyhouse last year.

I've backed it anyway. No strong fancy but it's the national and i'm having a punt.

Great write up
    I was on it before I met him so nice to get to talk too one so close
    They are very coy about it but the ground at the moment will help
    It’s warm here now so will get tacky
    Feck it one time and all that

Comment

No more rain due until national tomorrow eve. Can't imagine the ground will be too trying, good to soft,soft in places I'd imagine, fairly average April going.
      Profit before people.

Comment

please someone settle a bar bet that quite frankly has gone on too long.
        Has Aidan Coleman got 1 eye or 2. I know he's a bit of a gunner eye but it's my staunch opinion it's still working. The brother says he has one eye. I'm not even sure if it's legal to have one eye riding?.

Comment

Who is trainer B A Murphy and why is he entering his horses Satisfy and Annie Fior in peculiar races?
          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
            Over in aintree
            Sitting with one of Folsom’s blues owners
            66/1 at the moment the more rain the better
            My tip for the national
            Has the ground gone against him in the end or still as optimistic as ever??!

Comment

Originally posted by underachievement View Post
              Has the ground gone against him in the end or still as optimistic as ever??!
              It’s not looking to good
              Weather looks fine at the moment
              Ground will only be soft I’d say

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                Who is trainer B A Murphy and why is he entering his horses Satisfy and Annie Fior in peculiar races?
                Don't know anything but I'd guess it's more ambitious than intriguing
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I’d back madhmoon for the 2000 Guinness before the price goes

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyfish View Post
                    I’d back madhmoon for the 2000 Guinness before the price goes
                    Looks the best 2000 guineas in years, don't think anything in that Leop trial today even figures in the shake up. The best prospects rarely have a prep run before Newmarket
                    Profit before people.

Comment

Time to do IonaPauls job

Bet365 doing that £125 back offer

Never even looked

Are they paying me to have a bet on Tiger roll @5/1?

Comment

Have thrown my darts. Lake view lad, Dounikos, Vintage Clouds and Regal Encore.

Have followed Folsom Blue for almost 2 years and he has my heart broke so left him out.

Giddy up.

Comment

Spanish tenor 4th race lepoardstown

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                            Time to do IonaPauls job

Bet365 doing that £125 back offer

Never even looked

Are they paying me to have a bet on Tiger roll @5/1?
                            Ha, I forgot to shill for them this year! In fairness, I was reminding all my friends and co-workers to jump on, can't believe the value, it's an amazing deal. As always I go the route of low variance and have 10 darts covering the €250 in bets.

Comment

And just got word from Welds beside me at home sending 3 to lepoardstown hoping to come back with 3 winners today and sheau time last race aintree

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                Ha, I forgot to shill for them this year! In fairness, I was reminding all my friends and co-workers to jump on, can't believe the value, it's an amazing deal. As always I go the route of low variance and have 10 darts covering the €250 in bets.
                                went with Ratvinden for a lump and in again on Joe Farrell, (backed him at 60's in Autumn, was gonna go back in at 50's the other day and woke up to find Hugh Taylor had tipped him). That and a tiny ew on LiveLoveLaugh when the money started going on this morning

Ratvinden
                                Joe Farrell
                                Ramses De Teillee
                                Valseur Lido (AK)
                                LiveLoveLaugh

Now to build a tricast for all the loots

Comment

Dounikos top of my shortlist

Comment

So who likes good ground?

Comment

That ground should inconvenience nobody. It'll be good to soft on the National course.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                        Won at triple figures
                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Rather intriguing now

Comment

He’s not a bad trainer
                                            Just had a 33/1 winner

Comment

Won at triple figures
                                              I was hovering over the 80 on it after spending time looking at it this morning and seeing a small nibble at it from 120 to 80 ...but didn't commit
                                              very well spotted fair play to you

Comment

Rather intriguing now
                                                He's been on my radar for a while now, wasn't too confident it would pay today 16lbs out of the handicap though
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Sean Bowen can ride a finish

Comment

Just the 12 darts.
                                                    Playing bookie for the family... FML
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

That's enough to make me cry.

Comment

...Jesus christ...speechless...

Comment

Off to Fairyhouse today, any fancies welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                Staged Engagement not the worst 66/1 shot I've ever seen in 14:05.
                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Mr blue sky 2.55

Comment

Stormy Air 17.40 Gowran

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                                      Stormy Air 17.40 Gowran
                                                                      Looks a penalty kick for Annie considering she's far better in than last time out despite the penalty.

Mistajazz a far more interesting Hogan horse in the 17:05 imo.
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                                        Stormy Air 17.40 Gowran
                                                                        Significant move for this now. Hogan not one for leaving it behind

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
                                                                        Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Originally posted by wicklowp View Post
                                                                          Significant move for this now. Hogan not one for leaving it behind

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

everything this guy puts up half's in price, look at correlation of time of tweet and price move on oddschecker

Comment

Plenty of IPB interest in the race too.

Comment

Some crazy Hogan related money in that all day considering how obviously well handicapped the fav was.
                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Some crazy Hogan related money in that all day considering how obviously well handicapped the fav was.
                                                                                Good shout hope ya got a drift on the winner from the stray hogan gamble!

Comment

Don't suppose anyone can dig a link for the finish at the first at Kempton today (4.35 i think). Cant find anything on twitter.

Comment

Don't suppose anyone can dig a link for the finish at the first at Kempton today (4.35 i think). Cant find anything on twitter.

Comment

Ty, had Shelley Birkett on the 5th to place top 4 for a decent wedge end of a treble and wasn't convinced on live viewing as to her finish (on the far rail), but on second view it isn't as terrible as i thought but still not convinced of her strength in a finish...

Comment

Pretty sick to be done by a nose. Yeah wasnt the worst but not quite enough vigourish and balance with one hand on the reins overall. But you cant say that these days or you'll get riddled.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                          Pretty sick to be done by a nose. Yeah wasnt the worst but not quite enough vigourish and balance with one hand on the reins overall. But you cant say that these days or you'll get riddled.
                                                                                          Not enough squeeze in the thighs maybe.

Comment

Race 1 album
                                                                                            Race 3 festival of ages
                                                                                            Race 5 space blues
                                                                                            Race 8 maryln

All in Newbury

Comment

Shout for Hesamanofhisword 8pm Ballinrobe, still some 8s on 365 for anyone interested gone 4s in places

Comment

Dashing willoughby 4:10 newbury
                                                                                                dragon Kuza 4:35 kempton
                                                                                                Angel of Harlem 4:30 ayr

Comment

16:10 Newbury looks the best race of the flat season so far. Jolly could be special but you're rarely gonna get value when they're wearing blue.

Also not a huge fan of horses who win their maidens on all weather(Turgenov,Headman) often a big fish in small pond feel to them and runs can be deceiving on the eye and not so hot on the clock.

Good spot to lay the front three imo with plenty of lively outsiders who won hotter maidens than some above them in the betting from more illustrious yards.
                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

16:10 Newbury looks the best race of the flat season so far. Jolly could be special but you're rarely gonna get value when they're wearing blue.

Also not a huge fan of horses who win their maidens on all weather(Turgenov,Headman) often a big fish in small pond feel to them and runs can be deceiving on the eye and not so hot on the clock.

Good spot to lay the front three imo with plenty of lively outsiders who won hotter maidens than some above them in the betting from more illustrious yards.
                                                                                                    Good shout, cheers
                                                                                                    waded into the place lay for extra gravy

Comment

Good shout, cheers
                                                                                                      waded into the place lay for extra gravy
                                                                                                      Did same with front two myself.
                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Likeable performance from the Sunday horse there, looks like it has a maiden win in its grasps in next few runs.

Looking forward to seeing how Dancing Vega has progressed over winter in this race at Newbury. Have her at nice prices for the 1000.
                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Tip going round celbridge for Waterboy in the 4.15 Fundalk

Comment

Who is this Charlie Moore lad?

Comment

Who is this Charlie Moore lad?
                                                                                                              A Donegal farmer
                                                                                                              Last raced horses in 2016
                                                                                                              Hopes to win big

Comment

A Donegal farmer
                                                                                                                Hopes to win big
                                                                                                                He is from less than 200 yards from my uncle and 5 cousins - bloody Donegal feckers tell u nothing

for those that didn't see, his two horses in Wolverhampton later both backed from 33s into 4s

Comment

A Donegal farmer
                                                                                                                  Hopes to win big
                                                                                                                  ...1st one useless anyway...

Comment

Fancy Charming Kid to overcome the widest draw 340 Lingfield
                                                                                                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Anyone like anything this evening?

Comment

Some finish in the La Rochelle Sale game

Comment

Some finish in the La Rochelle Sale game
                                                                                                                          The whole game was absolutely mental, but this is not 5he best thread for it

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X