Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Trolleys measure only post-admittance, known as the team-to-ward stage. As you can see here in this study of 20,000 admittances in St James they are one of the least significant (although still significant) predictors of health outcomes.

That's the point really. Its important, but its most definitely not the most important predictor of health outcomes as this study shows. Thats the problem - focusing on the least significant factor.
    Also the other thing about this is I think you have to give some benefit of the doubt that on twitter when people say 'trolleys' they probably mean it as a shorthand for something along the lines of "the manifold visible and invisible symptoms of resourcing issues which manifest themselves most obviously as overcrowding". Which is why nobody disagreed with the tweet saying spending 300M on the patient treatment scheme is a better idea than 300M on extra beds alone.

Anyway I learned a bit from that particular hot-take so thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
      I don't think even DNR's are a thing in Ireland.
      They are.
      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I'm perilously close to pulling the trigger on a new bike that I 100% don't need. £2100 down from £4500 - I'd be stupid not to right?

Comment

Marian brown bread...bit of a shocker.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
              Twink special on RTE at 6.30pm - cant wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                I heard a doctor fairly convincingly explain that the way to solve health service budgeting - forever - was to let people die naturally rather than keeping them alive in limbo.

This apparently is the state in which 90% of lifetime health cost is incurred.
                Thats not really what happens.

I don't think even DNR's are a thing in Ireland.
                They very much are.

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                I'm perilously close to pulling the trigger on a new bike that I 100% don't need. £2100 down from £4500 - I'd be stupid not to right?
                Please don't share the link with me even if I ask you for it.

OK, I'm sure I can control myself, I know I really don't need it, lets see the link
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  Thats not really what happens.

They very much are.

Please don't share the link with me even if I ask you for it.

OK, I'm sure I can control myself, I know I really don't need it, lets see the link
                  Timeshare?

Browse our amazing range of Road Bikes - available with free/low cost delivery worldwide & hassle free returns.

Comment

It's a shitload of bike for the money tbf, although the styling is a bit dull in the pictures.

Comment

Comment

Would you not be tempted by an electric bike, or no particular benefit?
                        Nah I'd be out on the bike for the pure joy of pedalling myself around the countryside, having a motor would take the fun out of it. Obviously buying bikes with more and more absurd levels of engineering gone into them is a bit like giving yourself a motor but not quite the same.

I would consider looking into an e-bike at some stage for commuting but this one would be purely for taking out on long summertime rides. Actually trying to nail down a trip to cycle Paris to Nice for charity in September for a week at the moment, it would be like my dream holiday.

Comment

They very much are.
                          I thought it was a murky grey area in Ireland? You could have one but it doesn't mean it'll be followed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                            Twink special on RTE at 6.30pm - cant wait.
                            What time is it over at

Comment

I thought it was a murky grey area in Ireland? You could have one but it doesn't mean it'll be followed.
                              afaik they are rarely used or needed, rules are followed and common sense applied in most situations.

Comment

No problem , I'll take April to Oct you can have it the rest

If I was spending that much I'd be after one of the ultra light steel frames, had one out in Italy during the summer and it was amazing.

Comment

Comment

The father was feeling a bit of existential threat on the telephone there "first Brendan Grace and now Marion"
                                    Should have reminded him of Gaybo as well.

Comment

Comment

The father was feeling a bit of existential threat on the telephone there "first Brendan Grace and now Marion"
                                        Not even that old either, 69.

Fierce smoker I believe so might be aligned to that.
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                          My Da told me a cracking story last night, broke me up.

My folks live in Spain in a golf resort. It's kinda like a retirement community, mostly Brits and Irish.

They were hosting a 70th birthday one evening in their apartment for a friend of theirs, an English lady.

Where abouts are they? I have friends that have apartments in a Golf Resort as well.

Comment

live in Spain in a golf resort. It's kinda like a retirement community, mostly Brits and Irish.
                                            These are words that fill me with existential dread.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                              Where abouts are they? I have friends that have apartments in a Golf Resort as well.
                                              They're near a small town called Sucina, close to Murcia.
                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

These are words that fill me with existential dread.
                                                To me it's hell. Heaven to them though.
                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Time to break Liverpool into two . Fingal and South Dublin

Comment

No problem , I'll take April to Oct you can have it the rest

If I was spending that much I'd be after one of the ultra light steel frames, had one out in Italy during the summer and it was amazing.
                                                      How light do the steel ones get? This one I linked to is only around 7kg even with the electronic shifting.

Comment

Comment

Generate or Regenerate.

Comment

Recreate

Comment

cultivate for educate maybe
                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

If anyone has some nice obscure tips for any of Nice, Monaco, Milan, Bologna, San Marino please get in touch
                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Masticate.

Comment

Surely The Istanbul must be the winner

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                      Masticate.
                                                                      My hands were in my pocket your honour.
                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

New arrival elbowed her way out a few hours ago at a whopping 9lbs 5.
                                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Exciting start to the decade. O/U that we make it to the next one?

Comment

Exciting start to the decade. O/U that we make it to the next one?
                                                                            Trump wouldn’t be a big price anyway.

Comment

There's always a tweet.
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

The word you're looking for is Reintegrate
                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                  Congrats . How many is that now?

There will be no Elbow room . Boy girl?

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                    If anyone has some nice obscure tips for any of Nice, Monaco, Milan, Bologna, San Marino please get in touch
                                                                                    Try the pasta

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                      Spend more time in Bologna than Milan and starve yourself before you go. I have some specific food spots saved somewhere ill dig them out. Great place cant wait to go back
                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                        Congrats . How many is that now?

There will be no Elbow room . Boy girl?
                                                                                        Cheers. We’ve had 4 girls (lost one at 37 weeks).

Just had my last 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep for while.
                                                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Anyone watched any of the 'Goes Wrong Show' stuff on BBC? (Fridays 8.30 pm)
                                                                                          Based on the West End hit 'The Play That Goes Wrong'.

Comment

Hmm, giving my vote to The Istanbul also, think it works best.

Comment

Definition of Run Good

Discovering that the Seniors WSOP is on in Vegas on the last 2 days of my family hols in the US (that i didnt book the dates), on the exact year im first eligable. (small cost of flight from orlando to vegas)

Itll be good to be the young lad again .
                                                                                              sigpic
                                                                                              Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                Congrats! My 7 week old is probably only around that weight now!

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                  They're near a small town called Sucina, close to Murcia.
                                                                                                  They have one in La Tercia or something like that at the United golf resort. It's near Murcia or in it as far as I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                    Anyone watched any of the 'Goes Wrong Show' stuff on BBC? (Fridays 8.30 pm)
                                                                                                    Based on the West End hit 'The Play That Goes Wrong'.
                                                                                                    Have only seen the Christmas one, a bit out there, not familiar with the stage version.

Ghosts is very watchable, only 6 episodes, also on the BBC.
                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Elbows might have to back to the potato room to feed his growing army. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by aidankk View Post
                                                                                                        Definition of Run Good

Discovering that the Seniors WSOP is on in Vegas on the last 2 days of my family hols in the US (that i didnt book the dates), on the exact year im first eligable. (small cost of flight from orlando to vegas)

Itll be good to be the young lad again .
                                                                                                        I've never met you but in my head, I always thought you were mid to late 20's.

Not sure why/how I came up with that idea but definitely would never have put you down in the seniors category!

Comment

Interesting times.

All out war in the region ends particularly badly for Israel so that won't happen.

You'd have to think the US have all their bases covered, at least in the near term, when it comes to potential proxy retaliation by Iran because there is no way it'll be a direct retaliation.
                                                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                            Interesting times.

All out war in the region ends particularly badly for Israel so that won't happen.

You'd have to think the US have all their bases covered, at least in the near term, when it comes to potential proxy retaliation by Iran because there is no way it'll be a direct retaliation.
                                                                                                            If there's one thing we've learnt from the last 40 years or more, it's that it is next to impossible prevent non-state\proxy actors, especially ones who see their own deaths as ensuring them some kind of martyrdom, from acts of violence.

And that direct US intervention leads to more instability and violence, not less. The historical debt for this lies with Bush Junior and Blair.

Comment

...

Comment

If there's one thing we've learnt from the last 40 years or more, it's that it is next to impossible prevent non-state\proxy actors, especially ones who see their own deaths as ensuring them some kind of martyrdom, from acts of violence.

And that direct US intervention leads to more instability and violence, not less. The historical debt for this lies with Bush Junior and Blair.
                                                                                                                We likely haven't, and never will know of the ones stopped. I take your point in general though, I was more making the point that to do something of this magnitude, you would assume the US have done the due diligence on potential Iranian proxy retaliation, and the magnitude of it and said... release the hounds.

Estimates that Tesla will sell 600,000 cars next year. Not bad compared to global car sales in a given year of 80m, and bearing in mind most of those global car sales will be cheapass cars - so they'll have a decent few percent of the high end car market. If I was an adventurous sort I'd be shorting them as they tend to be priced on emotion which is quite fickle, but aside from that its a fascinating company.
                                                                                                                I just bought a Toyota 4Runner. Almost the opposite of a Tesla.

The oil prices spiking and the small thorn in my side that I am destroying the environment with this pig on fuel didn't stop me.

Definitely on the wrong side of history on this one.
                                                                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                  We likely haven't, and never will know of the ones stopped. I take your point in general though, I was more making the point that to do something of this magnitude, you would assume the US have done the due diligence on potential Iranian proxy retaliation, and the magnitude of it and said... release the hounds.
                                                                                                                  Quite interesting to note that over Xmas 5+ pentagon officials resigned in 7 days...
                                                                                                                  Reports that Congress wasn't informed
                                                                                                                  And jnr did a typical jnr thing
                                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I think taking out this particular fella is different to previous US interventions.

Comment

Anyone know how much of a concern if at all any all this should be to someone living in the UAE. I see a particular sensationalist rag going with the idea that Westerners should leave that region now? Have family living in the Country.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                        Anyone know how much of a concern if at all any all this should be to someone living in the UAE. I see a particular sensationalist rag going with the idea that Westerners should leave that region now? Have family living in the Country.

Opr
                                                                                                                        Nah imo. Just avoid Americans. Which... tbh, any reasonable Irish person would have been doing anyway!

Comment

I think oil would be an awful lot higher if there was any serious concern about a big flair up in the middle east.

Gonna be interesting to see what they can/do do in retaliation.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X