Comment

I'm backed them DNB @ 2.44

Comment

Originally posted by Raheny Red View Post
        I'm backed them DNB @ 2.44
        I'm on Sunderland anyway!
        Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Boom with the 91st minute winner for Lens! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

Comment

Man Utd to win and Berbatov to score anytime @ 21/10 is my bet of the day
            War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Comment

Originally posted by Hexas Toldem View Post
              Man Utd to win and Berbatov to score anytime @ 21/10 is my bet of the day
              Bet didn't come off but Utd got their first win on the road this season so that softened the blow a bit

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                Laying Spurs at evs in the early kick off tomorrow. Everton are not the sort of team you'd like to face after only two and a half days rest from a tough European away tie. They've bounced back well from another shocking start to the season with two wins recently, and have a really good record against Spurs at WHL. Think they're fairly evenly matched in term of ability with maybe Spurs shading it up front, but the aforementioned lack of recovery time will play a huge factor imo!

Also backing Lazio at 8/11 on Sunday at home to Cagliari. Cagliari are pretty poor away from Sardinia, not winning an away tie since last January. In contrast Lazio are riding high at the top of the table, been brilliant at home and should keep the run going here.
                Simples,

Toying with getting on Inter at 4/7(boyles) in the San Siro tonight. Sampdoria had a long trip to Ukraine on Thursday, wheras Inter only played one half of football on Wednesday night. Prob wait for starting line ups before getting on!
                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Straddle View Post
                  Strike Rate: 9/11

-----

Japanese J League FC Tokyo v Albirex Niigata - LOSE
                  Championship Watford v Scunthorpe - LOSE
                  Dutch Eredivisie De Graafschap v Heracles - LOSE

5 pts each, over 2.5 goals.
                  Strike rate: 9/14

Groningen v ADO Den Haag - over 2.5 goals
                  Utrecht v Excelsior - over 2.5 goals

Comment

Straddle, I'd be interested to see how you are coming up with these bets. I'm modelling a load of stuff surrounding soccer at the moment, so would be interested in seeing what sort of approach you are taking.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

pm also if you wouldnt mind
                        GAA News Website

Comment

I'm always in the market for a gambling tip too if you're not too secretive about the whole thing drop me a PM please

Comment

over 2.5 goals

Saturday:

Leicester v Preston
                            Scunthorpe v Leeds
                            Rangers v Inverness
                            Gent v Mechelen
                            Heracles v Ajax
                            Wolfsburg v Stuttgart
                            werder Bremen v Nurnberg

Sunday:

Aalesund v SK Brann

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                              Straddle, I'd be interested to see how you are coming up with these bets. I'm modelling a load of stuff surrounding soccer at the moment, so would be interested in seeing what sort of approach you are taking.
                              I am a nosey bastard that likes a gamble as well, PM please

Thanks

Comment

Wouldn't mind seeing that pm Straddle please if you want, I assume your using some sort of poisson distribution?

Anyways out to get the big boys and Liverpool this weekend. Rangers are the first of my lays at about 1/5 against Inverness. It's one of those fixtures that often throws up strange results with Rangers only beating them in two of there last six meetings at Ibrox which is a very surprising stat. Inverness are coming into the game in good form, unbeaten in four including two away wins. It's also possible that after beating Celtic and a good draw against Vanencia that Rangers could approach this in a after the lord mayors show style and not be at their best. I also think the overs advised by Straddle has a slight edge.

Small lays on Chelsea, City and Liverpool as well.
                                Last edited by The Situation; 29-10-10, 16:38.
                                Profit before people.

Comment

PM sent
                                  Straddle, if you don't mind spreading the love a little thin
                                  Id love to see how you are picking these bets

In exchange, I will let you in on the secret of my Saturday, 2:55, bored off my head, first goalscorer trixie action

Comment

Laying 1/5 shots ftw. That's nearly a year unbeaten on the road for Inverness.

Should have greened up in the Chelski game after B'burn went ahead. LOL City
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Groningen v ADO Den Haag - over 2.5 goals - WIN
                                      Utrecht v Excelsior - over 2.5 goals - LOSE
                                      over 2.5 goals

Saturday:

Leicester v Preston - LOSE
                                      Scunthorpe v Leeds - WIN
                                      Rangers v Inverness - LOSE
                                      Gent v Mechelen - WIN
                                      Heracles v Ajax - WIN
                                      Wolfsburg v Stuttgart - LOSE
                                      werder Bremen v Nurnberg - WIN

Sunday:

Aalesund v SK Brann - WIN
                                      Strike rate:

over 1.5 goals: 23/24
                                      over 2.5 goals: 15/24

Comment

West Brom are a little short at B'pool tonight. Small lay on them.

Focussing all my midweek attention on laying the crap out of Milan against Madrid. Milan are proving very easily tactically outclassed and Jose is the king of exploiting opponents weaknesses and he's owned Milan in recent meetings at Inter and when they met a few weeks ago. Milan are extremely low on work-rate in attacking areas, Ibra and Robinho are basically lazy cunts. On two occasions this year the goalkeeper on the opposing teams have covered more distance in a game than Ibra. This lack of work-rate and pressing high up the pitch will make it easy for the likes of Alonso and kediera to retain possesion and ping it about under little pressure. Milan are also hugely lacking in mobility in Midfield and defence. Madrid should be pretty motivated too because any result should see them progress into the last 16 with two games remaining to rest players.
                                        Profit before people.

Comment

over 2.5 goals

Werder Bremen v FC Twente
                                          Gent v Sporting Lisbon
                                          Getafe v Stuttgart

Comment

Not many selections this week:

Thursday:

OB v Young Boys (Europa League)

Saturday:

Groningen v NAC Breda (Dutch Eredivise)

Sunday:

Lyngby v SonderjyskE (Denmark)

Comment

over 2.5 goals

Werder Bremen v FC Twente - LOSE
                                              Gent v Sporting Lisbon - WIN
                                              Getafe v Stuttgart - WIN
                                              Strike rate:

over 1.5 goals: 26/27
                                              over 2.5 goals: 17/27

-----

To add in more selections in a quiet weekend my under 2.5 games for the weekend are:

Udinese-Cagliari
                                              Sampdoria-Catania
                                              Birmingham-West Ham
                                              Napoli-Parma
                                              Fulham-Aston Villa
                                              Fiorentina-Chievo
                                              Sunderland-Stoke
                                              Bordeaux-Valenciennes

Comment

Thursday:

OB v Young Boys (Europa League)

Saturday:

Groningen v NAC Breda (Dutch Eredivise)

Sunday:

Lyngby v SonderjyskE (Denmark)
                                                Are these over 2.5 or over 1.5?

Comment

spurs and derby to win at 5/1 also put a wee bet on pool to win...3/1 at home.cudnt resist even if it is chelsea ther playn.

Comment

Chelsea @ 11/10 are just too big a price for this,also going to have a cut at a Chelsea win and Drogba to score anytime @ 13/5.

Comment

Nice work on those unders at the weekend Straddle.

Udinese are my midweek tip away to Catania at about ~2's. Two sides recent form figures tell the whole story. Udinese are unbeaten in five(winning 4 of these) in the league wheras Catania haven't won a game in that time. Catania are also struggling with injuries especially at the back and a second game in a week will really test their limited squad while Udinese have more depth to deal with a double fixture week.

Also will prob lay Liverpool tomorrow night at Wigan.
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                        Are these over 2.5 or over 1.5?
                                                        Only 2.5 goals. I'm quoting over 1.5 to look back and see if the ROI can be optimised.

To add in more selections in a quiet weekend my under 2.5 games for the weekend are:

Udinese-Cagliari - WIN
                                                        Sampdoria-Catania - WIN
                                                        Birmingham-West Ham - LOSE
                                                        Napoli-Parma - WIN
                                                        Fulham-Aston Villa - WIN
                                                        Fiorentina-Chievo - WIN
                                                        Sunderland-Stoke - WIN
                                                        Bordeaux-Valenciennes - WIN

Thursday:

OB v Young Boys (Europa League) - LOSE

Saturday:

Groningen v NAC Breda (Dutch Eredivise) - WIN

Sunday:

Lyngby v SonderjyskE (Denmark) - LOSE
                                                        -----

Strike rate:

over 1.5 goals: 28/30
                                                        over 2.5 goals: 18/30
                                                        under 2.5 goals: 7/8

Tuesday:

Portsmouth v QPR - under 2.5
                                                        Millwall v Norwich - under 2.5
                                                        Burnley v Doncaster - over 2.5

Comment

treble on tonight. swansea leeds and qpr all for the win
                                                          location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Tuesday:

Portsmouth v QPR - under 2.5 - WIN
                                                            Millwall v Norwich - under 2.5 - WIN
                                                            Burnley v Doncaster - over 2.5 - LOSE

Strike rate:

over 1.5 goals: 29/31
                                                            over 2.5 goals: 18/31
                                                            under 2.5 goals: 9/10

Comment

Under 2.5 goals

Genoa-Bologna
                                                              Catania-Udinese
                                                              Lecce-Inter
                                                              Brescia-Juventus
                                                              Cagliari-Napoli
                                                              Roma-Fiorentina
                                                              Chievo-Bari

Comment

Only 2.5 goals. I'm quoting over 1.5 to look back and see if the ROI can be optimised.
                                                                I'm with you now. Will be an interesting one.

Strike rate:

under 2.5 goals: 9/10
                                                                Going great on the unders, wp.

Comment

Under 2.5 goals

Genoa-Bologna - WIN
                                                                  Catania-Udinese - WIN
                                                                  Lecce-Inter - WIN
                                                                  Brescia-Juventus - WIN
                                                                  Cagliari-Napoli - WIN
                                                                  Roma-Fiorentina - LOSE
                                                                  Chievo-Bari - WIN

Strike rate:

under 2.5 goals: 15/17

Thursday:

Parma - Sampdoria - under 2.5 goals.

Comment

Thursday:

Parma - Sampdoria - under 2.5 goals.
                                                                    This is unbelievably good at 4/7. Out of the twenty previous games involving these two teams this season there's only been three over 2.5 goal games.

Strange that there's been so little goals in Serie A so far this season compared to the last ten years. Maybe it's just an anomoly or possibly their reverting to their 1980's/90's type. Either way there's plenty of value around in the unders market at the moment.
                                                                    Last edited by The Situation; 11-11-10, 18:52.
                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

straddle, is there a percise price you are backing them at? say will you back it at 1.9 and not if 1.75?
                                                                      Of do you just back the unders in a certain game regardless of what price it is??
                                                                      GAA News Website

Comment

Strike rate:

under 2.5 goals: 16/18

Thursday:

Parma - Sampdoria - under 2.5 goals. - WIN

Friday - Under 2.5 goals:

Istres-Vannes
                                                                        Nimes-Troyes
                                                                        Boulogne-Metz
                                                                        Angers-Nantes
                                                                        Le Havre-Laval
                                                                        Clermont-Chateroux

Comment

straddle,out of interest,which betting site/exchange do you find best for your bets.

been following them for a while now.well done keep it up
                                                                          inform yourself in forum with others

Comment

I have multiple accounts.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/...over-under-2.5
                                                                            Last edited by Straddle; 12-11-10, 18:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                              straddle, is there a percise price you are backing them at? say will you back it at 1.9 and not if 1.75?
                                                                              Of do you just back the unders in a certain game regardless of what price it is??
                                                                              I set different parameters for different leagues and back at best price. I have tighter margins for Ligue 2 than Ligue 1 in the unders market. The odds required relate to the stats and the basement price I will take is 1.43 even if both teams have finished their last 5 games 0-0. The percentage bet is relative to perceived value.

Comment

Friday - Under 2.5 goals:

Istres-Vannes - LOSE
                                                                                Nimes-Troyes - WIN
                                                                                Boulogne-Metz - POSTPONED
                                                                                Angers-Nantes - WIN
                                                                                Le Havre-Laval -WIN
                                                                                Clermont-Chateroux - WIN
                                                                                Strike rate:

under 2.5 goals: 20/23

Comment

Saturday:

---

Under 2.5

Mainz-Hanover
                                                                                  Marseille-Lens
                                                                                  Monaco-Arles
                                                                                  Nottingham-QPR

Over 2.5

Leicester-Derby
                                                                                  Tottenham-Blackburn
                                                                                  Portsmouth-Doncaster
                                                                                  Newcastle-Fulham
                                                                                  Kaiserslautern-Stuttgart
                                                                                  Roda-Utrecht
                                                                                  Caen-Lille
                                                                                  Burnley-Watford
                                                                                  Leeds-Bristol
                                                                                  Wigan-West Brom
                                                                                  Eupen-Mechelen
                                                                                  Crystal Palace-Coventry
                                                                                  West Ham-Blackpool
                                                                                  Club Bruges-Lierse
                                                                                  Koln-Monchengladbach

Comment

Ive been looking at this weeks friendly internationals. Normally, I hate punting in friendlys, but then again, I hate passing up value when I see it. And the game that sticks out for me is Ireland v Norway.
                                                                                    Here is Norways group from the current european c/ships qualifying campaign. They have played 3 and won 3, with 2 away wins against Iceland and Cyprus, and a home win over Portugal.

Group H
                                                                                    Teams P W D L F A +/- Pts
                                                                                    1 Norway 3 3 0 0 5 2 3 9
                                                                                    2 Portugal 4 2 1 1 10 7 3 7
                                                                                    3 Denmark 3 2 0 1 4 3 1 6
                                                                                    4 Cyprus 3 0 1 2 5 8 -3 1
                                                                                    5 Iceland 3 0 0 3 2 6 -4 0

As for friendlys, Norway have played 7 friendlys in the last 12 months, winning 5 and losing 2.

Oct 10t 2009 Norway 1 v 0 South Africa
                                                                                    Nov 14th 2010 Switzerland 0 v 1 Norway
                                                                                    Mar 03rd 2010 Slovakia 0 v 1 Norway
                                                                                    May 29th 2010 Norway 2 v 1 Montenegro
                                                                                    June 2nd 2010 Norway 0 v 1 Ukraine
                                                                                    Aug 11th 2010 Norway 2 v 1 France
                                                                                    Oct 12th 2010 Croatia 2 v 1 Norway

Looking at the line ups, Norway seem to field extremely strong teams for their friendlys as there doesnt seem to be much change from the team that plays the euro games and the friendlies.
                                                                                    They are ranked 13th in the world, 19 places above us. We have a severely depleted team. Can someone give me a good reason not to have a decent punt on Norway at approz 9/4?

Comment

NO. Ur correct Connie seriously depleted Irish squad might have a punt on Norway myself.like u would not be 1 for backing on friendlies.The only thing I would be afraid of is we are a bit of a draw expert team at home.
                                                                                      location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

My money is going on Walsall and Brighton in a wee double tonight.

whats everyone else on?

Comment

Norway

Russia

England

10/1 ish

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                                                                                            Looking at the line ups, Norway seem to field extremely strong teams for their friendlys as there doesnt seem to be much change from the team that plays the euro games and the friendlies.
                                                                                            They are ranked 13th in the world, 19 places above us. We have a severely depleted team. Can someone give me a good reason not to have a decent punt on Norway at approz 9/4?
                                                                                            I'm on already in the DNB market. Would have backed them straight up but it's a friendly so threading carefully. As for the bolded bit, lol fifarankaments.

Comment

Italy, Holland and Russia is a little over 4/1. Good value? Throw in Norway and it's nearly 13/1.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                                Italy, Holland and Russia is a little over 4/1. Good value? Throw in Norway and it's nearly 13/1.
                                                                                                Wouldnt recommend backing Italy in a friendly in particular away from home, Romania aren't the worst side either.

Comment

Also 5/4 is still available about Norway in the draw no bet market for those interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                                                                                    Also 5/4 is still available about Norway in the draw no bet market for those interested.
                                                                                                    Where's that Aya? Might re-invest my newly gained ton, spin up time!
                                                                                                    You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

Originally posted by Reaps View Post
                                                                                                      Where's that Aya? Might re-invest my newly gained ton, spin up time!
                                                                                                      Boyles and Corals every1 else gone 11/10 or shorter

Comment

that is a very poor back four for this level that Ireland have named.

Does anyone know what strenght team Norway has named?
                                                                                                        You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

International friendly accumulators are a worse bet than hoping to hit the euromillions. Ireland / Norway will be won or lost down Irelands left flank. I dont know if I can see Norway winning 30% of the time for value (3.25 Stan James). I would also factor in that the norwegian league is coming to the end and a few of the players will be feeling the effects of a full season on top of playing away.
                                                                                                          Last edited by Straddle; 17-11-10, 16:22.

Comment

Biggest bet in a while on Norway to win, draw no bet.

Not feeling too patriotic right now!

Comment

On @ 5/4 myself, come on Norway!

Comment

Boom.....Norway.....what a terrible match

Comment

Lucky enough to collecy the loot on Norway tonite, but who cares. poor enough game really.

Comment

Anyone else think there's some value in the 9/2 about Spurs at Arsenal today?

Comment

Originally posted by Reaps View Post
                                                                                                                      Anyone else think there's some value in the 9/2 about Spurs at Arsenal today?
                                                                                                                      Not really, Spurs never beat Arsenal away. Nine losses and seven draws since their last pl win in 93 . Could be a little value in the draw but I'm staying clear of the game. I do think it's the best footballing derby in Europe though so no need for a bet to enjoy the game!

Edit Huddlestone is injured too, major negative from Spurs perspective.
                                                                                                                      Last edited by The Situation; 20-11-10, 12:16.
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Arsenal are an absolute certainty. Biggest soccer bet of the year so far for me.

I'd have them priced up as a 1/2 shot.

Comment

I'm on Arsenal if you're backing Spurs I'd reccommend taking the 11/4 in the draw no bet market.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X