$200 HU SNG spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$200 HU SNG spot

No reads, playing a new account that hasn't logged any HU SNGs.

2nd hand in im, first hand he folded his button to me, OTB.. with JxTx8s9s

Blinds 10/20 1500 starting stack.

Hero raises to 60
    Villain 3bs to 180

Tempting to 4bet but with no history I opt to call.

Flop (360)
    5 6 J

Villain Checks
    Hero bets 240
    Villain Calls

Turn (840)
    T

Villain bets 840

Hero?

Originally posted by Samba View Post
    No reads, playing a new account that hasn't logged any HU SNGs.

2nd hand in im, first hand he folded his button to me, OTB.. with JxTx8s9s

Blinds 10/20 1500 starting stack.

Hero raises to 60
    Villain 3bs to 180

Tempting to 4bet but with no history I opt to call.

Flop (360)
    5 6 J

Villain Checks
    Hero bets 240
    Villain Calls

Turn (840)
    T

Villain bets 840

Hero?
    Was in a little bit of a hurry when I posted this and forgot to mention something worth noting, I checked up his ring game history and noted a small sample size of NLH only, so I have to consider the possibility that I'm playing one of the many occasional misclick NLH opponents you invariably come across playing these, it always happens with poker lobbies that don't have HU PLO SNG games in a separate list.

Against a solid reg this is a pretty clear fold imo as their range will have me crushed or flipping at best, never mind getting freerolled.

On the flop I think this is an automatic cbet when checked to, though in hindsight I prefer 1/2 pot. I thought about checking back with decent bookdoor opportunities but I'd prefer a rainbow board and ideally with a

A misclickers range is a completely different kettle of fish and folding against it would be leaving good money on the table, it feels dirty folding when there's even a hint of suspicion I might be playing one but I don't have that much info, shoving feels a bit dirty too due to this.

Comment

I really don't like the cbet in that position. All draws, overpairs,sets, can comfortably call here.
      I mixture of A & C are obviously still happy now.
      I puke fold or puke shove, no matter what I'm puking.
      I'd be leaning on the puke fold though.
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Pretty standard shove imo. Probably flipping versus a draw with a ton of equity.
        Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Assuming your properly rolled for these I'd puke shove. Your ahead of flush draws and have outs to a set.
          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by ianmc38 View Post
            Pretty standard shove imo. Probably flipping versus a draw with a ton of equity.
            my initial thoughts as well, however after some thought, I think it's a lot closer than standard
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

The problem is his line makes no sense with a hand that beats ours. I'd say something like KKQx with a flush draw is very possible. We're never going to be getting the money in as a big dog here. It's going to be high variance, but our hand is too strong to fold against a line that is almost always a draw.
              Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

JxTx8s9s 48.75% 39 0
                KhKdQhAc 51.25% 41 0

I still find it tight, if he is double suited

Hand Equity Wins Ties
                JxTx8s9s 32.50% 26 0
                KhKdQhAd 67.50% 54 0

makes it a fold no?

Comment

AAxx with two diamonds is quite possible here too no?
                  airport, lol

Comment

8s9sJxTx 55.00% 44 0
                    AdAs2dqh 45.00% 36 0

best case scenerio imo

Comment

this is the easiest shove ever?? unless im mistaken and this is Hi/Lo which I know little about!!?

Comment

Originally posted by ianmc38 View Post
                        The problem is his line makes no sense with a hand that beats ours. I'd say something like KKQx with a flush draw is very possible. We're never going to be getting the money in as a big dog here. It's going to be high variance, but our hand is too strong to fold against a line that is almost always a draw.
                        I generally tend to agree with you but a good thinking reg will show up with a more balanced range in this spot imo, I've lost count on the amount of times I've shoved on a set in similar spots and all the time thinking how the hell does he show up with a set there, it makes no sense!

I think it's a very marginal spot that's probably slightly unprofitable against a good thinking reg but against an unknown we have to apply your logic that his line makes no sense.

I paused for a brief moment and couldn't find a fold, the board was too wet and his line was too weird.

Villain showed up with Q934 no suits and bricked the river.

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                        JxTx8s9s 48.75% 39 0
                        KhKdQhAc 51.25% 41 0

I still find it tight, if he is double suited

Hand Equity Wins Ties
                        JxTx8s9s 32.50% 26 0
                        KhKdQhAd 67.50% 54 0

makes it a fold no?

That was the ballpark range that was at the back of mind when I thought about folding, and it got me wondering how marginal the spot potentially was and if we can ever find a fold.
                        Last edited by Samba; 07-03-12, 18:20.

Comment

Working...
                        X